• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

ZenaxPure

Quin just got banned on stream too. Hahahahahahaha.

EDIT: Aww booo I got trolled too :(

Lol, too good. This stream is amazing. I can't stop watching, even the chat is amazing (and I usually hide twitch chats lol).

This is the best day ever for D3 entertainment.

Also I love Quin's choice in music. I came back to the stream earlier and he's just singing along with It's Raining Men. Bahahaha.

Lain

Was there ever official recognition that this was a problem in the first place? It not then yeah they probably shouldn't ban people. Acknowledge the bug exists, put a sunset date on it, roll the leaderboards back, and ban anyone that uses it after the fact.

They posted this on 11/09

Hey all,

We're currently working on a number of hotfixes to address an exploit that allows players to equip more than one passive from multiple Hellfire Amulets. While we don’t have an ETA for the final round of these fixes, we're looking to implement those that address the underlying bug as soon as possible in all gameplay regions and will be sure to update this thread once they are live.

We're also investigating accounts which have been found to be actively using this exploit to gain an unfair advantage and account actions will be taken accordingly. This behavior not only undermines the spirit of fair play, but directly violates our in-game policies for Diablo III. It is important to us to continue maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for all legitimate players. This is an ongoing investigation, and we’ll be continuing to monitor Battle.net and will take additional action as needed.

In the meantime, we encourage everyone to game responsibly. Not only can using exploits lead to account penalties, but it can negatively impact the enjoyment of your fellow players. We're working as quickly as we can to fix the underlying issue, and we'd appreciate your help in keeping the effects of this exploit as minimal as possible until it's removed from the game.

For more information on how to report exploitative behavior, click here. For questions regarding account actions, please refer to our Account Administration.

Thanks!

Dahbomb

When there was that Blood Shard exploit back in S1, Blizzard didn't ban anyone despite it being a rampant glitch that many people were abusing. Once they discovered it, they put out a countdown timer until server shutdown and kept it closed until the fix was implemented. No bans were handed out. That's how it should be IMO.

When there was that Blood Shard exploit back in S1, Blizzard didn't ban anyone despite it being a rampant glitch that many people were abusing. Once they discovered it, they put out a countdown timer until server shutdown and kept it closed until the fix was implemented. No bans were handed out. That's how it should be IMO.

That way you sort of encourage the abuse of exploits, though, which a company shouldn't do. Allowing people to use exploits until they're fixed means way, way more people will use them resulting in greater 'damage'.

ZenaxPure

That way you sort of encourage the abuse of exploits, though, which a company shouldn't do. Allowing people to use exploits until they're fixed means way, way more people will use them resulting in greater 'damage'.

Pretty much. Not punishing people for abusing exploits is just telling them that they can do the next exploit that comes along with no fear of consequence. Huge clusterfuck.

Addnan

It's so nice to see blizzard ban all the fucking cheaters. Everyday we make jokes about how Bliz just lazy when it comes to bans. Fucking finally cheaters getting what they deserve.

Dunfisch

Haha, oh man. Checked the EU member list of the clan, there's emptied profiles left and right. Now most of those may have been banned before, or perhaps cleared their characters, but gatdamn son.

An actual exodus for once. Glad I never tried out the exploit, the hammer came down like a ton of bricks.

Negaduck

First time really playing end game d3 with a seasonal DH. Just got the two piece merciless (?) Bonus that let's me have all my pets.

cast of Bambi + 5 sentries is so fun.

I really want the 4 piece so my sentries cast multishot when I do.

Haha, oh man. Checked the EU member list of the clan, there's emptied profiles left and right. Now most of those may have been banned before, or perhaps cleared their characters, but gatdamn son.

An actual exodus for once. Glad I never tried out the exploit, the hammer came down like a ton of bricks.

Anyone else who is or rather has been still actively playing other than me? Don't think I know of anyone mentioning trying this out themselves. Or maybe one...dunno who it was though.

Dunfisch

Anyone else who is or rather has been still actively playing other than me? Don't think I know of anyone mentioning trying this out themselves. Or maybe one...dunno who it was though.

Most of the folks I saw didn't ring a bell. There was Tunesmith among them, however, he was a staple before and during early RoS. But he must've gotten his account banned for something else, said his last login was nearly a year ago. I imagine in some of the prominent clans there'll be a veritable mass grave.

Dahbomb

One man's exploit is another man's "clever use of in game mechanics".

I guess Blizzard should start banning people for snapshotting with Monks as well. Or using the Heal Monk for absurd team heal.

I guess Blizzard should start banning people for snapshotting with Monks as well. Or using the Heal Monk for absurd team heal.

Of course there's always a grey area with this sort of thing, but at the same time it'd be a bit ridiculous to argue there's no indication what's acceptable and what isn't. At the very least after Blizzard's official statement concerning the issue it should've been clear that this one would possibly be punished.

And I mean, the usual "use your brain" applies. Of course it's an unwanted exploit getting a ton of passive abilities while snapshotting mechanics have been in the game forever and unless something is especially severe, and more so called out by Blizz, the likes of a lot of Monk snapshot mechanics would obviously not be punishable, especially not to this degree.

I think I was hit by this but I never went out of my way to exploit anything.

In fact, how did one even do this exploit?

Edit: Apparently I wasn't hit. Okay, can somebody explain why my fury raises on its own in town? I'm definitely not using the Unforgiving passive... I figured it had something to do with this exploit.

ZenaxPure

I think I was hit by this but I never went out of my way to exploit anything.

In fact, how did one even do this exploit?

Edit: Apparently I wasn't hit. Okay, can somebody explain why my fury raises on its own in town? I'm definitely not using the Unforgiving passive... I figured it had something to do with this exploit.

Are you WW? BK weapons generate 10 fury per sec.

Celegus

Damn. See ya'll in two weeks :(

127.gif

Wait no. I play daily for several hours o_O It's just than no one ever aknowledges me QQ

What's your name in game? Gotta speak up in clan chat! Or are you EU?

Razakin

Oh damn no wonder EU clan is pretty much dead for the moment because exploits even when it is there i will never use it.
I feel the EU clan is pretty silent/dead all the times, I only see you, NaDann, Oddo, fru, and Cynic/Lorelian playing when I hop in. (And of course now I'm probably missing some of the HC guys too.)

Nokterian

I feel the EU clan is pretty silent/dead all the times, I only see you, NaDann, Oddo, fru, and Cynic/Lorelian playing when I hop in. (And of course now I'm probably missing some of the HC guys too.)

There were a lot of people playing last week and this week and now with people banned it goes dead silence.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Those are two very different names...

Can you still see the clan notes in the roster? I haven't mentioned them in a while. Hover over names to get the popup.

I'm also maintaining that roster spreadsheet every so often which has the full list - quote for the link.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Forever ignored ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lmao.

Activity in EU GAF was actually pretty good up to this point. It fell of much earlier usually. Season 4 will probably be pretty great since much of the intended changes sound great.

To be fair to the dude the last 2-3 days I've been mostly in the morning straight after work and then not anymore, for real life reasons too long to get into it here, and i assume most peeps would be on in the evening.

MrDaravon

WOOOOOO

Em2OdcO.jpg

Can't believe I actually got it done with the goddamn UE build, I was pretty much gearing a barb just to get it done. Got the slowest softball of a rift of all time, with a single power pylon I probably could have no joke shaved off 1-2 minutes of that time. Shoutouts to Baliis for power-leveling me to 70 in HC yesterday. After getting this all I had left was to get my 3rd legendary gem to 60 and it was already at 59 after that rift. A...mysterious benefactor then just did a 60 grift with me and I got it and the last season journey is complete! Super pumped, almost don't know what to do with myself lol.

Celegus

WOOOOOO

Can't believe I actually got it done with the goddamn UE build, I was pretty much gearing a barb just to get it done. Got the slowest softball of a rift of all time, with a single power pylon I probably could have no joke shaved off 1-2 minutes of that time. Shoutouts to Baliis for power-leveling me to 70 in HC yesterday. After getting this all I had left was to get my 3rd legendary gem to 60 and it was already at 59 after that rift. A...mysterious benefactor then just did a 60 grift with me and I got it and the last season journey is complete! Super pumped, almost don't know what to do with myself lol.

Nice! I just have to level up a couple gems and I'll be finished with it as well. Been messing around with my HC dude fresh off the Ballis train. Can always clean up HC cheevos with me!

Radec

You still don't get why this hellfire exploit is hugely different to Monks?

Jesus..

WOOOOOO

Em2OdcO.jpg

Nice! Grats man. When I saw the requirements like the one's you just wrapped up I became a pansy and threw in the towel.

Also: Eek...NooooooOoooooOooOoooooo :(

Nokterian

Hope you kids learned a good lesson out of this..never..exploit even if it is there don't do it but people can't help it to try it out and that leads to banned accounts.

Rhaknar

That hellfire amulet thing was clearly a bug/exploit, how are people even remotely surprised? :p

That hellfire amulet thing was clearly a bug/exploit, how are people even remotely surprised? :p

I guess the results after last season bloodshard exploit debacle made people think it was fine to exploit since at most you'd get rolled back. Glad they took a stronger stance this time, should discourage people from exploiting the next thing. It might also mean they might not become public as fast though, but eh.

I do wish their botting ban waves were more often though. Maybe they don't care enough about D3 or don't have as good monitoring tools and Warden isn't catching stuff well enough, but it feels like they've been very lax about botting in this game. They should have banwaves every 2months or whatever. And they should publicly announce when they're banning, it doesn't change much but people feel better when they see something is done, at all(and it acts as a deterrent to some). At the very least, they should ban inbetween every season. It doesn't look like they bothered banning anyone inbetween S3 and S4, or their detection is very bad since I've heard a bunch of people saying they've been botting for a while with no issues.

Top Bottom