• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Wow, that's crazy that they banned anyone who just tried the hellfire amulet exploit. They usually don't give a shit unless you're a streamer. Honestly if I had time I would have done it for the lolz.

Wow, that's crazy that they banned anyone who just tried the hellfire amulet exploit. They usually don't give a shit unless you're a streamer. Honestly if I had time I would have done it for the lolz.

I think they only banned people who did it for longer than a certain amount of time. I have several friends who just tried it for a rift or two and didn't get punished at all.

I think they only banned people who did it for longer than a certain amount of time. I have several friends who just tried it for a rift or two and didn't get punished at all.

The feedback on this is fuzzy, seems they might have banned people based on how many passives you had and/or how long you had them on, since I've seen people claim they got suspended for only trying it once and others saying they didn't even though they did a few things with them. Regardless, most people who only did it to check got 14days suspensions, so no big deal mostly. People that got perma banned probably used it a lot, in high GRs and with many passives.

Radec

Fell asleep watching Quin go for Rank 1 Wiz.

And he did it 1 second left.
KuGsj.gif

juFqADi.jpg

Donos

so i guess i better should keep the just dropped ramaladnis gift till i find some uber weapon (at least ancient) since it seems rather rare. Tempted to use it now since i found a good bow recently.

Since last patch i have a bug with new legendary gems who keep showing a green star in my inventory even when i have looked at them or even moved them to the stash.

eek5

so i guess i better should keep the just dropped ramaladnis gift till i find some uber weapon (at least ancient) since it seems rather rare. Tempted to use it now since i found a good bow recently.

Since last patch i have a bug with new legendary gems who keep showing a green star in my inventory even when i have looked at them or even moved them to the stash.

I wouldn't use one on other than an ancient build weapon.

Mordeccai

holy shit, just got 6 piece Helltooth on my WD. All of my gear is shitty but DAMN, jumped from doing okay in T6 to crushing T8 and doing alright in T9.

Shame I won't have access to my computer for the next week, just as I'm starting to gear my witch doc :/

And despite having the staff that increases my acid rain by 100% for the Helltooth build, I really miss my Henri's Perquisition mojo. That thing does wonders for your survivability. Really need to have a decent weapon drop... no ancient weapons in the 12 hours I've had him at 70 so far.

holy shit, just got 6 piece Helltooth on my WD. All of my gear is shitty but DAMN, jumped from doing okay in T6 to crushing T8 and doing alright in T9.

Shame I won't have access to my computer for the next week, just as I'm starting to gear my witch doc :/

And despite having the staff that increases my acid rain by 100% for the Helltooth build, I really miss my Henri's Perquisition mojo. That thing does wonders for your survivability. Really need to have a decent weapon drop... no ancient weapons in the 12 hours I've had him at 70 so far.

You can use cubed Henri until you stabilize your gear, that's what I did until I started going for 55+ and needed Furnace to cut down on GR boss killing time without stricken and stuff. But yeah eventually I feel using Scrimshaw and Zombie Bears yields better results than Suwong Diviner because the lack of offhand hurts quite a lot, be it ToTD for massive swampland aoe or Henri for anti charger/ghost mechanics.

Xanathus

Can I get advice on my HoTA barb? I'm currently barely finishing GR54 solo and my aim is to solo 60 for the season journey. Obviously I could try to replace my non-ancient pieces and whatever with incremental increases but is there something major that I'm missing that could easily boost me up several GRs? My issue now seems to be survivability and DPS, I think I need more Life per Fury.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xanathus-6279/hero/65478691

Addnan

Can I get advice on my HoTA barb? I'm currently barely finishing GR54 solo and my aim is to solo 60 for the season journey. Obviously I could try to replace my non-ancient pieces and whatever with incremental increases but is there something major that I'm missing that could easily boost me up several GRs? My issue now seems to be survivability and DPS, I think I need more Life per Fury.

You need healing on your gavel if you really want to use hota in solo. Do CHD on your amulet. Crit chance is already high with fury. Get few more paragons too..

Xanathus

You need healing on your gavel if you really want to use hota in solo. Do CHD on your amulet. Crit chance is already high with fury. Get few more paragons too..

Mmmm I can't reroll the gavel because I already rerolled the base damage so I'd need another ancient Gavel. I'd lose 10% CC if I reroll CC on my amulet and only have 30.5% and that seems really low, I don't understand what you mean by CC is high with fury. Ancient's Fury?

Firemind

Mmmm I can't reroll the gavel because I already rerolled the base damage so I'd need another ancient Gavel. I'd lose 10% CC if I reroll CC on my amulet and only have 30.5% and that seems really low, I don't understand what you mean by CC is high with fury. Ancient's Fury?
Hammer of the Ancients has a 1% increased Critical Hit Chance for every 5 Fury that you have.

Lumine

I'm tempted to make a new character for season 4. A class I haven't really played yet. Probably something other than melee for once. Last time I played was during season 2, a Crusader. Unfortunately being an ignorant casual player I think it took me over 25 hours before I finally hit level 70. By then I was already a little burned out on the game. I didn't mind replaying the game fully, as it had been a while, but after spending another 10 hours or so at level 70 I called it quits. Never collected any of the cool sets I see people talking about in here.

So if I make a new character I'd like to do things differently this time. What would be the fastest way to level a new character now and how long would it take approximately? If it's more than 10 hours either way, I might just wait until next season. Or even the one after that. I want to try the endgame properly for once and not get burned out again by the time I hit level 70.

Yeah I still need to get attack speed on my glove and a lacunis (this is a pain in the ass lol).. and better rings if possible (as/cc/chd) but that's probably going to take forever. I'm guestimating that my dps is high enough for high 60's though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/65817362

Just need to find some dudes to run with.

I'm down to run some 60+ grifts as healing or Uliana monk. Haven't looked into swk monk yet though.

Guess I'll be running some bounties this weekend even though I'm not really playing anymore, I want to cube all the garbage in my stash so I have some space anyway in case I want to play something, and it'll be useful to test stuff between seasons if I have "everything" cubed. 16mats per run is a crazy amount.

Dunfisch

This game man, up to my 4th Focus ring on the HC main, no Restraint in sight. Clearly I must've angered RNGesus, though I do not know how.

Have mercy!

Lumine

I'm tempted to make a new character for season 4. A class I haven't really played yet. Probably something other than melee for once. Last time I played was during season 2, a Crusader. Unfortunately being an ignorant casual player I think it took me over 25 hours before I finally hit level 70. By then I was already a little burned out on the game. I didn't mind replaying the game fully, as it had been a while, but after spending another 10 hours or so at level 70 I called it quits. Never collected any of the cool sets I see people talking about in here.

So if I make a new character I'd like to do things differently this time. What would be the fastest way to level a new character now and how long would it take approximately? If it's more than 10 hours either way, I might just wait until next season. Or even the one after that. I want to try the endgame properly for once and not get burned out again by the time I hit level 70.

Oh so I found a "powerlevel" community in the game. Random friendly dude took my character from 1 to 70 in like 20 minutes! I had no idea, haha. This changes everything. Might even do a 2nd character this season then!

The feedback on this is fuzzy, seems they might have banned people based on how many passives you had and/or how long you had them on, since I've seen people claim they got suspended for only trying it once and others saying they didn't even though they did a few things with them. Regardless, most people who only did it to check got 14days suspensions, so no big deal mostly. People that got perma banned probably used it a lot, in high GRs and with many passives.

To clarify my case:

e: I also used a bunch of hellfire amulets. 10+

I used it pretty much over the course of a day for normal rifting (easily 12+ rifts is my guess) and I didn't get rid of the extra passives afterwards either. While I was gone for the weekend and the exploit patched when I returned, it was basically active/saved on my account for the 2-3 days I wasn't playing, too.

I also had a WD in the top~500 beforehand already. So while I wasn't GRing I had an entry there already, which could've been troublesome nevertheless, depending on how they evaluated the data.

As to what I can do now. I think I can simply buy a new D3 licence on my BNet account but I'm not 100% sure. Gotta read about that. My current Diablo 3 account and stats, chars etc, will be completely wiped though. If i cared more about achievements that would suck especially much.

To clarify my case:

e: I also used a bunch of hellfire amulets. 10+

I used it pretty much over the course of a day for normal rifting (easily 12+ rifts is my guess) and I didn't get rid of the extra passives afterwards either. While I was gone for the weekend and the exploit patched when I returned, it was basically active/saved on my account for the 2-3 days I wasn't playing, too.

I also had a WD in the top~500 beforehand already. So while I wasn't GRing I had an entry there already, which could've been troublesome nevertheless, depending on how they evaluated the data.

As to what I can do now. I think I can simply buy a new D3 licence on my BNet account but I'm not 100% sure. Gotta read about that. My current Diablo 3 account and stats, chars etc, will be completely wiped though. If i cared more about achievements that would suck especially much.

So in other words you did cheat.... Gotta buy it all over and start new.

Mordeccai

Double Bounty Cache this weekend boys.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/199...ies-double-caches-this-weekend-only-9-24-2015

Time to suit up Chicken WDs.

FML. I picked the wrong weekend to go on vacation.

You can use cubed Henri until you stabilize your gear, that's what I did until I started going for 55+ and needed Furnace to cut down on GR boss killing time without stricken and stuff. But yeah eventually I feel using Scrimshaw and Zombie Bears yields better results than Suwong Diviner because the lack of offhand hurts quite a lot, be it ToTD for massive swampland aoe or Henri for anti charger/ghost mechanics.

So to clarify, if I place Henri in the box and cube it, does it get destroyed, or does the cube just extract the effect and leave my legendary alone

ZenaxPure

Oh duh. Welp just rerolled that 10% CC on my ammy to 100% CHD.

It means you can also get 10 CC from paragon points by increasing your fury. Also tbh once you get a Gavel with lpfs I'd also swap out Taeguk with Trapped. Taeguk is just DIBS so it's no where near as good as Trapped for damage and you don't need the survivability from it for GR 60 at all. More healing will solve all your problems. As for ancients you already have about the same amount I had when I did GR60 so I think just fixing the listed problems and getting some more paragon levels you will be good to go. Think I was somewhere in the 500s when I did GR60.

FML. I picked the wrong weekend to go on vacation.

So to clarify, if I place Henri in the box and cube it, does it get destroyed, or does the cube just extract the effect and leave my legendary alone

It says when you use the recipe, but to extract a power, you need to destroy the legendary. You'd need another offhand to use if you cube your Henri's Requisition.

joesmokey

is wizard really faster than barb? I saw some barb was doing 500-600db/hr runs on t9
If you have ultimate gear for both, I'm not sure.

Even a wizard with amazing gear can smash through T7 bounties. My barb farming build isn't quite up to par so it's a no brainer.

There is a slight delay in using teleport where you cant just it again the moment you move to the new spot.

With Illusionist you get a decent boost of speed inbetween though. Depends on the map kinda, some maps like caves, teleport will sometimes kinda act buggy and not teleport you full range because it's weird like some other movement skills, but some others you can gain a lot of time by teleporting over obstacles and stuff while other classes have to run around.

WD tends to win any race that involves moving over long distances though. Like most act5 bounties are way faster as WD than other classes cause you have to run a stupid amount, especially the clear level 2 of the cave thing where you have to find the cave entrance in the gigantic swamp area then find the level 2 or fidning Malthael, WD crushes every other classes on those types due to having permanent 200+% movespeed.

joesmokey

Have you tried using Bane of the Trapped instead of Taeguk? I'm finding that Taeguk is annoying to pay attention to and keep up. For Taeguk, are you smashing the ground when no enemies are around to keep the stack going?

Survivability you do need Life per Hit or per fury spent as recommended. This is usually on weapon + belt (which you already have). Try rolling vit on your helm instead of hota dmg.

You can try and get a better Strongarm's (30%), though it's pretty hard to find.

Above 54 I believe for most classes is generally fishing for the right density/map (this might not be the case for barb).

Double bounties this week end? Time to stock pile on crafting items for some reforging

Sweet. Maybe I can successfully reforge a lions claw into an ancient faster. I looted 2 and gambled another 3 last night after many other days of fails. I'm having a hard time finding ancient weapons.

Baliis

Have you tried using Bane of the Trapped instead of Taeguk? I'm finding that Taeguk is annoying to pay attention to and keep up. For Taeguk, are you smashing the ground when no enemies are around to keep the stack going?

You can also just cast bloodrage to refresh it.

eek5

Sweet. Maybe I can successfully reforge a lions claw into an ancient faster. I looted 2 and gambled another 3 last night after many other days of fails. I'm having a hard time finding ancient weapons.

same here :( my luck is shit with weapons. keep getting ancients but the rolls aren't perfect >=(

Top Bottom