• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I went from meh and more than a little dangerous on T4 HC with a 4-pc DH set to instant steamroller on a 6-pc. I went straight to T6 and steamrollered that too. I was shocked because up until i got the full set I was thinking it was the worse thing ever.

Yeah, I'll use other gear to finish up chapter 4 and get those last set pieces for UE, and then I'll try it out again with the 6-pc bonus. Sounds like that might make all the difference.

Dunfisch

He has this season's set and also depth diggers etc. And flying dragon weapon cubed or something I dunno, he is just dying and he is the one that by far played the most Diablo 3 of us, including previous seasons. He just complains "how op WD are", since I have no issues with my Helltooth Firewall-Acid Cloud build. Found Grin Reaper yesterday and HOLY FUCK, that's basically a ~2x damage increase.

The issue is the lack of supporting legendaries. There's a shoulderpiece which grants 50% damage reduction after using Cyclone Strike. And there's Fist Weapons which grant damage reduction after using Dashing Strike and increasing its damage respectively. Both together would effectively quadruple his toughness.

What he'll want in the end is the Shenlong's fist weapons set. Dash into enemies, Cyclone Strike and use generators. The Simplicities Strength gem also helps a lot with survivability, healing 4% of your health for each strike with a generator.

Yeah, I'll use other gear to finish up chapter 4 and get those last set pieces for UE, and then I'll try it out again with the 6-pc bonus. Sounds like that might make all the difference.

It does. Boosts generators - not much use to it, sadly - Vengeance and Multishot like crazy. A goal of 80+ Discipline should be attainable. At that point, Multishot goes from like 360 to about 3500% damage. Then Vengeance goes on top of that. Then you got Yang's doubling DPS with the attack speed boost. And Dead Man's Legacy provides another 75-100% Multishot Multiplier. And *then* it makes it hit twice. That's a whole lot of stacking multipliers. And from there you still need Focus & Restraint plus a Convention of Elements and legendary gems.

Personally, I'm rocking my season DH on 65 Solo Grifts at about 5-8 minutes clear time, depending on layout.

tl;dr: get the 6PC and watch some fireworks. That alone will easily get you to T7-8.

So quick question. I got Diablo 3 at launch and basically played through the campaign once and then a little bit after that. My main character is still really basic, level 33 Barbarian and no good items (mostly rares). I played a ton of diablo 2 but for whatever reason never got sucked into 3 after the initial campaign.
Havent touched the game since and was thinking about picking up the Reaper of Souls add on. I assume a ton has changed in the game, would I be better off scrapping my current character and just replaying from the beginning? I'm not really sure how the new content factors into the old game, but I assume everything my current character has is probably too dated to just pick back up from where I am.

Dunfisch

So quick question. I got Diablo 3 at launch and basically played through the campaign once and then a little bit after that. My main character is still really basic, level 33 Barbarian and no good items (mostly rares). I played a ton of diablo 2 but for whatever reason never got sucked into 3 after the initial campaign.
Havent touched the game since and was thinking about picking up the Reaper of Souls add on. I assume a ton has changed in the game, would I be better off scrapping my current character and just replaying from the beginning? I'm not really sure how the new content factors into the old game, but I assume everything my current character has is probably too dated to just pick back up from where I am.

Oh, not at all. RoS and the subsequent patches added so much content, it's a wholly different game compared to Vanilla. As for your character, you needn't scrap it in regards to his old gear - you'd find new and better gear within minutes anyway. And before level 70, it's basically all just throwaway.

However, there's a great incentive to start a new char - seasons. Seasonal characters get a full set after completing certain requirements, defined as season journey. That gives you an immense boost so you wouldn't have to farm up gear slowly off-season.

If you're playing on EU servers, you're welcome to join the GAF clan. Otherwise the good folks from the US servers got your back too.

I am having a hard time getting above GR71 on WD. I have all the same gear everyone runs except for an Ancient harvester, would that make the difference really?

Xanathus

I am having a hard time getting above GR71 on WD. I have all the same gear everyone runs except for an Ancient harvester, would that make the difference really?

Yeah, an ancient weapon is a HUGE difference because not only does it being ancient affect the main stat but also the damage range. Unfortunately getting a specific ancient weapon is ridiculous RNG to the point that I'm forced to do split bounties just to reroll Yangs.

Zukuu

Banned
I feel like strong 2h is way better than knife + mojo. The damage difference is kinda huge actually. Even ancient 1h + ancient offhand (while technically giving me 3% more damage according to sheet), does way less damage due to the way lower damage range. So why run 1h?

Wallach

I feel like strong 2h is way better than knife + mojo. The damage difference is kinda huge actually. Even ancient 1h + ancient offhand (while technically giving me 3% more damage according to sheet), does way less damage due to the way lower damage range. So why run 1h?

Lots of reasons:

- Your pets don't care about your per-hit damage, they only care about your sheet damage, which is essentially averaged for DPS. Basically their damage is entirely derived from the Damage value on your character sheet and ignores your personal damage range. Most players right now are playing pet builds.

- The opportunity cost of using a 2H is higher due to the Kanai's Cube. 1H, 2H and off-hand weapons all take up the same weapon slot in the Kanai's Cube, so using a 2H weapon in hand means you only have 2 legendary powers from your hand slots instead of 3.

- 1H weapons currently dominate both speed farming and high GR progression on WD because of legendary powers. Sacred Harvester's double Soul Harvest stacks are pretty hard to ignore for high GRs because it essentially gives you another 30% mitigation from Lakumba's Ornament. For speed farming, Manajuma's set grants the very powerful Hex - Angry Chicken bonus. 2H are not really competing in either of these categories compared to the above weapons; the closest options are really The Furnace or Wormwood, but then you run into the first point of the Kanai's Cube factor.

Farming with Angry Chicken is SO MUCH FUN. Finally got Tasker & Theo for the cube so I just run around clucking while my pets destroy everything. I also have most of the Jade set for pushing higher GRs, but I'm waiting for a bit more Paragon to do that (at almost 400 now). I've never played WD before and I'm glad I stuck with it even after the nerf. Having way more fun than I did last season!

Dunfisch

Got held up with real life today and didn't manage to get my stash tab :/ . Most of the requirements are easy. The 5 minutes T13 rift might take a little more grinding / fishing. Timed it and managed one at 5:08, so close. Guess some more Paragon + Caldesann's will push me below the limit. How I'm supposed to do it in less than 4 for Guardian, I cannot fathom. Might have to roll a LTK Monk for that.

Also, once you're holding the top spot in the clan for a given season, it's surprisingly easy to fall into a carrying role. Though, so much positive karma :D .

The best weapon for WD survivability is a 1-hander so that dominates. You also get more affixes, a possible legendary power, and an additional item to augment.

2-handers do find some use with DOT builds since attack speed is not usually a factor. They have a much higher base weapon damage which is a significant boost to overall damage.

Pet damage is interesting since the APS of the WD weapons is an exclusive multiplier in their damage. So a possible 1-hander build with 1.5 APS would boost the pet's damage by 50%. While a possible 2-hander build with a 0.9 APS would actually lower their damage by 10%.

EDIT - I am a RoRG away from having all my correct gear. I think I have 1 or 2 ancients. Tal Rasha is growing on me. Like a fungus.

Zukuu

Banned
Lots of reasons:

- Your pets don't care about your per-hit damage, they only care about your sheet damage, which is essentially averaged for DPS. Basically their damage is entirely derived from the Damage value on your character sheet and ignores your personal damage range. Most players right now are playing pet builds.

- The opportunity cost of using a 2H is higher due to the Kanai's Cube. 1H, 2H and off-hand weapons all take up the same weapon slot in the Kanai's Cube, so using a 2H weapon in hand means you only have 2 legendary powers from your hand slots instead of 3.

- 1H weapons currently dominate both speed farming and high GR progression on WD because of legendary powers. Sacred Harvester's double Soul Harvest stacks are pretty hard to ignore for high GRs because it essentially gives you another 30% mitigation from Lakumba's Ornament. For speed farming, Manajuma's set grants the very powerful Hex - Angry Chicken bonus. 2H are not really competing in either of these categories compared to the above weapons; the closest options are really The Furnace or Wormwood, but then you run into the first point of the Kanai's Cube factor.
I have the chicken set, which I do use for speed farming. That's the ancient dagger I spoke off.

I run primarily Acid Cloud / Firewall with Gargantuan only as single-target damage source for the most part (with Short Finger). No Haunt nor Hounds.

I intend to use The Furnance as weapon and cube Harvester, so my cloud / firewall hit harder and make more effective use of the mana spent.

Seeing how awesome Grin Reaper is, I have to decide if I want to sacrifice the cube-ring slot for Grandeur and equip the mask so I can cube Lakumba, so I lose the cubed CoE effect
OR
I swap my ancient Jeram bracer for Lakumba and cube the Grin Reaper, but lose the double damage firewall x3 in the process.
OR
I simply neglect Lakumba and try to deal with it. I did clear XIII normal rift earlier, although only with lots of kitting in circles.

Not sure which option is the best. How is "damage received" actually calculated? I have so much armor, resistance and -% damage from multiple sources (e.g. Necrosis and from other effects), in which order are they applied?

Not sure which option is the best. How is "damage received" actually calculated? I have so much armor, resistance and -% damage from multiple sources (e.g. Necrosis and from other effects), in which order are they applied?

Defense is mitigation through individual multipliers. Order does not matter. Things that change like 6% per stack or something are usually additive with themselves.

Armor X Resist X Helltooth 60% X etc..

So if you take 100 physical damage it is reduced by your armor mit and then that is reduced by resist mit and then that by the 60% Helltooth and so on. Your total mitigation will be well into the 90s.

And you will still get 1-shot.

I just imported my char into the planner. It says energy twisters are doing 95% of my damage. I figured the meteors would be higher but even with generous noise it is not even close.

Guess energy twister wins the +skill sweepstakes.

EDIT - I just got twisted sword but have not run with it so maybe that will change my perception.

VoxPop

Aw shit time to get back on the Diablo wagon. My gf said shes gonna be playing a ton of WoW tomorrow for some new content though =(

How far behind am I?

Cracklox

I popped in my ps3 copy last night. Trying out adventure mode. Is there any reason to play online or are most things hacked?

On ps3? From my time with it there were many cheaters.

Though that's a pretty old version and doesn't receive the updates that PC, PS4 and XB1 get. If you have adventure mode I'm guessing you got the RoS expansion. That version is what it is and does not receive any changes, updates or patches (for better or worse)

I'm not sure how much of a community would be left based on that.

Dunfisch

Conqueror done, stash tab acquired. There's no real incentive to push Guardian, so I'm taking it slow from here. This makes it 4 for 4 regarding stash tabs. Bring on S8!

Watch, they'll place the 5th and last earnable stash tab behind Guardian.

Mengy

Conqueror done, stash tab acquired.

Hah, I've honestly not gotten a single stash tab yet from the season journeys. The set dungeons always seem to be my stumbling block, maybe this season I'll manage it somehow.

I did have a Holy Shit moment on my DH tonight though. Managed to complete chapter 4 of the season and get my 6-pc UE set, and WOW what a power increase! Whereas before T4 was giving me a very good challenge, I'm now mowing through T7 hordes like they are made of paper! And I'm still wearing yellow rings, and a lvl 61 green ammy, AND I don't have a single legendary gem socketed yet.

Yeah, the 6-pc bonus made a huge difference with the UE set. It's like night and day....

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So, for fun - and because I don't have all the gear to make any other build work yet -, I just tried to make the Monk's Inna's 6p set work as a way to speedfarm T9 or T10... And failed miserably.

I thought that mixing it with Vengeful Wind (Sweeping Wind goes up to 10 stacks) and the 4p Sunwuko bonus (Summon a decoy that explodes for 1000% weapon damage per Sweeping Stacks you have) would make it do crazy burst damage - or at least enough to be able to do T10 comfortably -, not unlike Crusader Bombardment builds, but apparently not.

Is there some arcane formula that causes that to be shit? Or am I just not good at maths?

Zukuu

Banned
So I swapped to 1h + Mojo after getting a real good ancient dagger + OH. Sadly it's just Spider Queen's Grasp but you can't say no to almost perfect Int and damage roll without socket (allowing me for +10% damage re-roll), closing in for almost 3.2k DPS for just the 1h alone. Both also give me much needed vitality. Offhand is Deep mojo, which is nice to have and should serve me well until I get Henri (haven't even seen one yet, let alone ancient).

Also have perfect gear on my follower templar, which really makes a difference. It's actually quite amazing how much I rely on his procs (in particular Oculus Ring). Have every effect max rolled. Ess of Johan along with Freeze of Deflection, Lightning Gem, Wyrward and Thunderfury... holy shit does he CC well and boosts my damage to unseen highs. Attack Speed on everything possible with +block chance on the relic.

Do legendary gems work on followers? E.g. I want him to have the toxin effect so he can debuff everything with -10% damage.

Dunfisch

So, for fun - and because I don't have all the gear to make any other build work yet -, I just tried to make the Monk's Inna's 6p set work as a way to speedfarm T9 or T10... And failed miserably.

I thought that mixing it with Vengeful Wind (Sweeping Wind goes up to 10 stacks) and the 4p Sunwuko bonus (Summon a decoy that explodes for 1000% weapon damage per Sweeping Stacks you have) would make it do crazy burst damage - or at least enough to be able to do T10 comfortably -, not unlike Crusader Bombardment builds, but apparently not.

Is there some arcane formula that causes that to be shit? Or am I just not good at maths?

Well, we can calculate that. Sweeping Wind, we take the Physical rune. That's 135% WDPS / Sec at one stack, with VW you're looking at 1.350% and Kyoshiro's Soul would double that, so 2.700% WDPS. Without a pair of Crudest Boots, it's another 250% multiplier, so 9.450% WDPS. With CB, 16.200%. SW calculates it's damage with a high tick rate and critical hits are processed behind the scenes - you'll only ever get white damage numbers from it, but it's still checked for in regards to the damage calculation.

The decoys from SWK are easy enough, at 10 stacks that's 10.000% hits, boosted to 35.000% / 60.000% respectively. Both this and SW benefit from the other Inna bonuses, since there's the boost from Fire Ally and Mantra of Conviction. You could consider elemental bonuses on top and what have you.

If we say a decoy goes off each second and the SW adds on top with constant damage, that's at a lowball with CB on 76.200% WDPS. The fire ally is already in that calculation, Mantra of Conviction goes on top with another 16% boost. Some elemental bonuses and what have you, maybe tops out at around 100K% WDPS. That's not including anything like Focus & Restraint and legendary gems.

For comparison, if we pick SWK and Bells, even lowballing it exceeds that handily. Fire bell hits for 830% WDMG, with minimum rolls on the Tzo Krin's Gaze, Pinto's Pride and Kyoshiro's Blade (125%, 125% and 150%), you're looking at a final 6PC boost of 315K WDMG per hit. Triple of your cobbled setup, easily. In this case, that's not even including elemental boosts or ally / mantra bonuses. A Grand Incense Torch would add another 25-30% damage boost and the Fist weapon more often than not boosts for 250% rather than 150%, which results in a 441K% WDMG hit. Add elemental bonuses and non lowball rolls for the various multipliers and you're looking somewhere in the vicinity of 600K% WMDG hits.

Tl;dr, a cobbled build like that will never compare by a huge factor of difference. And I've tried making it work too. It kinda even does, at T6-8 :D .

A full Legacy of Nightmares spec with SW and a variety of direct DoT gems would be more favourable than Inna SW + Decoys. Still no comparison though.

Dunfisch

Hah, I've honestly not gotten a single stash tab yet from the season journeys. The set dungeons always seem to be my stumbling block, maybe this season I'll manage it somehow.

I did have a Holy Shit moment on my DH tonight though. Managed to complete chapter 4 of the season and get my 6-pc UE set, and WOW what a power increase! Whereas before T4 was giving me a very good challenge, I'm now mowing through T7 hordes like they are made of paper! And I'm still wearing yellow rings, and a lvl 61 green ammy, AND I don't have a single legendary gem socketed yet.

Yeah, the 6-pc bonus made a huge difference with the UE set. It's like night and day....

I believe you were on US servers, right? If you're on EU, you'd be welcome to drop by the clan and I'd boost you / farm alongside with. Demon Hunter with the free set is especially suited to get the stash tab goals this season.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Well, we can calculate that. Sweeping Wind, we take the Physical rune. That's 135% WDPS / Sec at one stack, with VW you're looking at 1.350% and Kyoshiro's Soul would double that, so 2.700% WDPS. Without a pair of Crudest Boots, it's another 250% multiplier, so 9.450% WDPS. With CB, 16.200%. SW calculates it's damage with a high tick rate and critical hits are processed behind the scenes - you'll only ever get white damage numbers from it, but it's still checked for in regards to the damage calculation.

The decoys from SWK are easy enough, at 10 stacks that's 10.000% hits, boosted to 35.000% / 60.000% respectively. Both this and SW benefit from the other Inna bonuses, since there's the boost from Fire Ally and Mantra of Conviction. You could consider elemental bonuses on top and what have you.

If we say a decoy goes off each second and the SW adds on top with constant damage, that's at a lowball with CB on 76.200% WDPS. The fire ally is already in that calculation, Mantra of Conviction goes on top with another 16% boost. Some elemental bonuses and what have you, maybe tops out at around 100K% WDPS. That's not including anything like Focus & Restraint and legendary gems.

For comparison, if we pick SWK and Bells, even lowballing it exceeds that handily. Fire bell hits for 830% WDMG, with minimum rolls on the Tzo Krin's Gaze, Pinto's Pride and Kyoshiro's Blade (125%, 125% and 150%), you're looking at a final 6PC boost of 315K WDMG per hit. Triple of your cobbled setup, easily. In this case, that's not even including elemental boosts or ally / mantra bonuses. A Grand Incense Torch would add another 25-30% damage boost and the Fist weapon more often than not boosts for 250% rather than 150%, which results in a 441K% WDMG hit. Add elemental bonuses and non lowball rolls for the various multipliers and you're looking somewhere in the vicinity of 600K% WMDG hits.

Tl;dr, a cobbled build like that will never compare by a huge factor of difference. And I've tried making it work too. It kinda even does, at T6-8 :D .

A full Legacy of Nightmares spec with SW and a variety of direct DoT gems would be more favourable than Inna SW + Decoys. Still no comparison though.

Thanks, Dun, now I have a headache. But seriously, thank you. I guess I just didn't take all the variables into account, and didn't realize how much more of a boost other builds give. Hopefully they'll rework Inna's set and/or the related skills soon enough, as it's completely useless outside of a zDPS heal build.

[EDIT] This is sorta off-topic, but I've been having a weird issue with the Battle.net launcher ever since I played the game at my parents' place with their unstable internet connection. Upon logging in the launcher tells me it's gonna boot in offline mode because it couldn't connect me to the service. I then have to press the "online mode" button. I don't understand why. Online is obviously working, and I got fiber internet. It's got nothing to do with the Battle.net settings either. I just checked.

Is there a list of what items work when on followers?

Or better, what items should I put on my follower as a Mutlishot UE DE?

Followers are all about CC and abilities that boost your damage. Their own damage will always be crap. Most use Templar while a few setups use Enchantress. I don't know of any that use Scoundrel. You are ranged so probably want the Templar.

Shield is always Freeze of Deflection because it stuns on block. Amulet can be Ess of Johan for grouping or Overwhelming Desire to boost your damage. One ring should always be Oculus to boost your damage. The relic should always be the one that makes your follower invincible.

The other ring should probably be a Wyrdward, Unity, or Justice Lantern. For weapon you can use a Thunderfury or a some other weapon with good CC. If your other ring is a Wyrdward make sure the +damage is Lightning on the weapon. If you use Unity you also need one on your character for 50% damage reduction. Justice Lantern boosts the block rate for the Freeze of Deflection.

Select the abilities that have CC effects over raw damage. For affixes look for attack speed, CDR, and block chance.

This is a good guide.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/follower-skills-and-gearing-patch-2-4

[EDIT] This is sorta off-topic, but I've been having a weird issue with the Battle.net launcher ever since I played the game at my parents' place with their unstable internet connection. Upon logging in the launcher tells me it's gonna boot in offline mode because it couldn't connect me to the service. I then have to press the "online mode" button. I don't understand why. Online is obviously working, and I got fiber internet. It's got nothing to do with the Battle.net settings either. I just checked.

After the latest patch the game always starts offline for me and then takes about 5 seconds to autoconnect. I think Blizz changed something.

RS4-

pretty annoyed that DBs don't drop in GRs.

edit - ffs, I've got like 20 pcs of Ulliianas, but only 2 for SWK. This is some shit. Probably got like seven each for FoE and FD.

I am going to need to run some GRs and see if dropping Nilfur's Boast for Deathwish will net more DPS. I don't fully trust the D3Planner numbers. It is still saying 95% of my damage is from twisters.

I cannot give up the Firebird 2pc I love that shit.

xenist

Last season I had the worst luck. That stupid ancient bow would not drop for my Unhallowed build DH. I struggled all the way up to GR68 but I just couldn't do enough damage to go further.

I hope the monk I'll main this season will do a bit better. I really want to finish the season journey even once but the conquests are either grindy as fuck or undoable without an organized party.

Followers are all about CC and abilities that boost your damage. Their own damage will always be crap. Most use Templar while a few setups use Enchantress. I don't know of any that use Scoundrel. You are ranged so probably want the Templar.

Shield is always Freeze of Deflection because it stuns on block. Amulet can be Ess of Johan for grouping or Overwhelming Desire to boost your damage. One ring should always be Oculus to boost your damage. The relic should always be the one that makes your follower invincible.

The other ring should probably be a Wyrdward, Unity, or Justice Lantern. For weapon you can use a Thunderfury or a some other weapon with good CC. If your other ring is a Wyrdward make sure the +damage is Lightning on the weapon. If you use Unity you also need one on your character for 50% damage reduction. Justice Lantern boosts the block rate for the Freeze of Deflection.

Select the abilities that have CC effects over raw damage. For affixes look for attack speed, CDR, and block chance.

This is a good guide.

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/follower-skills-and-gearing-patch-2-4

Thanks!

Very helpful

Xanathus

Last season I had the worst luck. That stupid ancient bow would not drop for my Unhallowed build DH. I struggled all the way up to GR68 but I just couldn't do enough damage to go further.

I hope the monk I'll main this season will do a bit better. I really want to finish the season journey even once but the conquests are either grindy as fuck or undoable without an organized party.

All of the season conquests are doable without grouping, it generally just comes down to how much time and luck you have. Even the one for doing the whole campaign in one hour is doable solo although you shouldn't bother with that if you don't have a party. Biggest hurdle tends to be getting ancient weapons, then it's all about grinding gems in order to Caldessan them. Remember that you can upgrade rares into legendaries in Kanai cube for the weapon, and also you can reforge a legendary weapon in the hopes you get an ancient version though that requires doing bounties.

Mengy

I believe you were on US servers, right? If you're on EU, you'd be welcome to drop by the clan and I'd boost you / farm alongside with. Demon Hunter with the free set is especially suited to get the stash tab goals this season.

Yeah I’m on US servers.

I’m still amazed at the power increase I got simply from getting those last two pieces of the UE set. Where before I was having difficulty in GR20, last night I ran all the way up to GR42 with ease. I mean I finished GR42 with like over half the timer left, and I was casualy strolling through it, taking my time and being careful. I wasn’t even rushing!

I have no idea where this build will top out at, but holy hell regular mobs die almost instantly to the 6-pc UE, even up to T10 levels.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Lucky night last night - I got the hard parts of the LTK build out of the way really early since I've barely even started on my gems. Got a really nice SWK amulet and the first scarbringer I got was an ancient. (profile)

To do for T13 speed LTK:
- in-geom
- rivera dancers (I just have them in the cube)
- obsidian ring of the zodiac
- laws of seph

RS4-

Lucky night last night - I got the hard parts of the LTK build out of the way. Got a really nice SWK amulet and the first scarbringer I got was an ancient. (profile)
Got them really early since I've barely even started on my gems.

To do for T13 speed LTK:
- in-geom
- rivera dancers (I just have them in the cube)
- obsidian ring of the zodiac

lol still trying to get geom and GNK, and the second piece to the shenlong. So bad.

Dunfisch

Yeah I’m on US servers.

I’m still amazed at the power increase I got simply from getting those last two pieces of the UE set. Where before I was having difficulty in GR20, last night I ran all the way up to GR42 with ease. I mean I finished GR42 with like over half the timer left, and I was casualy strolling through it, taking my time and being careful. I wasn’t even rushing!

I have no idea where this build will top out at, but holy hell regular mobs die almost instantly to the 6-pc UE, even up to T10 levels.

I'm speedrunning Solo 65 GRs comfortably. That's at 665 Paragon with ancient Yangs and and a handful other ancient set parts. Gems at 65. Two Caldesanns at 50 / 55 . Still lots of possible optimisation there.

UE can easily speedrun T13 with your parts halfway to being awesome. I can only recommend running GRs whenever you can, grind out that Paragon quickly, get more gear.

But I think Marauder handily exceeds UE for the top end GRs, you just get more DPS.

eek5

Finally got a gyana. What a pain in the ass that was lol. Dumped like 10k+ blood shards into helmets.

Nah you don't need a group. Most of the easier conquests are better or require solo anyway.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
lol still trying to get geom and GNK, and the second piece to the shenlong. So bad.

Geom took forever, but I finally got it today... I got two in fact! They're non-ancient, but still.

Careful though, Shenlong is for the Raiment Generator build, not the T13 Lashing Tail Kick build. For that one, you need the Geom, as you said, and a Scarbringer.

StuffRuff

Urgh not finding WD HT Garg Build fun at all. Pet AI is pissing me off majorly. Its super powerful but just dull.

Wish I had have got my gifts on my DH instead now!! Oh well, time to grind for shards on the WD for my DH with Kadala instead...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Got everything but the in-geom for speed LTK. I've been using a cubed furnace in the mean time instead. This Vengeful Wind is going to be pretty nice once I get another gift - profile

Since I happened to have fire damage on my gear, I've been using spinning flame kick (piercing fireball) instead of sweeping armada (15 yard aoe). It has some advantages that are worth considering. The big one is the ability to keep stacks up vs single targets by attacking outside of SW range (shift-clicking the ground before the target to avoid epiphany teleport).

Using a ranged attack means you can use Zei's with it too. I don't think the fireball range is much over 50 though - maybe 60 - I'll try getting a screenshot of its range later to compare against the range image.
Edit: looks like it's dead on 50.

If you stuck with ranged attacks exclusively, you could swap out Vengeful Wind for In-geom and use a cubed Furnace instead. That would probably slow things down too much though.

Edit 2: did more testing and Hand of Ytar works out a lot better if you're going ranged. No more need to shift-click.

Urgh not finding WD HT Garg Build fun at all. Pet AI is pissing me off majorly. Its super powerful but just dull.

Wish I had have got my gifts on my DH instead now!! Oh well, time to grind for shards on the WD for my DH with Kadala instead...

Yeah it's very boring having to play around the Garg AI and it's teleporting behavior by moving past the elite you want gargs to hit and piranados onto them or summon them when you can. Atleast it seems to be the strongest and easiest to get GR75 for the season journey since you don't need luck of an ancient weapon.

RS4-

Geom took forever, but I finally got it today... I got two in fact! They're non-ancient, but still.

Careful though, Shenlong is for the Raiment Generator build, not the T13 Lashing Tail Kick build. For that one, you need the Geom, as you said, and a Scarbringer.

The only Geom I've got, got lucky from upgrading a rare: http://i.imgur.com/ZN1uLhT.jpg

Finally got the second shenlong fist but non-ancient. Do have an ancient Scarbringer as well.

Still no GNK though, been 8k shards so far!

Reworked my build for more specialization and defense. Not using any cheat deaths now. Currently running 1 ancient (gloves) but I can face-tank most things on TXI which is pretty good for a ranged wizard build. I should probably push up to TXII.

Thinking about dumping Slow Time for Energy Armor. Connection has been shitty today.

moojito

I'm rocking the ht garg wd this season. It's pretty good, though I feel very squishy.
I had enough shards for 6 pairs of gloves from Kadala today, and ended up with 3 green set pairs and an ancient legendary.
Still no tasker and theos though :<

Top Bottom