• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Twice since I've reinstalled this game I've gotten full on hard crashes. The screen goes one solid color and hangs for about 30 seconds before shutting down and restarting.

I don't think it's the GPU as all my temp sensors show it's been 50-60c. Donno about CPU or PSU though...

Xanathus

Done with season journey. I'll probably master my remaining DH set dungeons and try to optimize my M2/S2 gear a bit more to push a bit higher but I don't think I'll play much further. The best GR pushing build for DH is the LoN build but I'm too lazy to set that up.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Twice since I've reinstalled this game I've gotten full on hard crashes. The screen goes one solid color and hangs for about 30 seconds before shutting down and restarting.

I don't think it's the GPU as all my temp sensors show it's been 50-60c. Donno about CPU or PSU though...

It's probably your GPU drivers. The game is known to be glitchy with certain drivers. Try the most recent ones. If that doesn't change anything, try older drivers. I seem to recall AMD drivers 13.1 or something like that worked well with the game (if you have an AMD card, that is).

It's probably your GPU drivers. The game is known to be glitchy with certain drivers. Try the most recent ones. If that doesn't change anything, try older drivers. I seem to recall AMD drivers 13.1 or something like that worked well with the game (if you have an AMD card, that is).

First thing I did was boot up my software to check for drivers, I was like version 13.2 or something and the most recent was 13.7.5 I think? Did that and played a bit, no crash but will soon see.

From what I've seen online it could be numerous things, one of which being the power supply which I've been needing to replace anyway as it came with my case :u

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
First thing I did was boot up my software to check for drivers, I was like version 13.2 or something and the most recent was 13.7.5 I think? Did that and played a bit, no crash but will soon see.

From what I've seen online it could be numerous things, one of which being the power supply which I've been needing to replace anyway as it came with my case :u

Well, if you've been experiencing issues in games outside of D3, then yeah, it could be something like your PSU failing. But if you play other games and the problems are specific to D3, then it's probably the drivers. Hopefully it's the latter.

Dunfisch

Tuned into Quin's Gamescom stream for a moment, christ what a bumbling fool. Either he's very well aware and simply milking his audience, or he's reached maximum cringe today.

A variety of Diablo trailers and the D3 act 4 ending cinematic plays and he's raving about "OMG DIABLO FOOOOOUR AAAAH". No. Just... no. Please, don't do that. You're a known streamer of the game and know everything about D3 inside out, you cannot possibly convince me you'd ever mistake a cinematic. Pulling dumb stuff like this just makes me go -_- .

Sometimes Twitch streamers just get obnoxious in their behaviour.

Meanwhile, another day will pass without any actual news. Tomorrow? Hopefully.

ncslamm

Just started playing again yesterday after not playing in almost 2 years. I started a barb seasonal character. Having a blast but there's a ton of new stuff that wasn't there before. One thing that kind of annoys me is that you cannot zoom out further from your character. At 1440p on a 27" monitor I feel like i'm sitting right on top of him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Tuned into Quin's Gamescom stream for a moment, christ what a bumbling fool. Either he's very well aware and simply milking his audience, or he's reached maximum cringe today.

A variety of Diablo trailers and the D3 act 4 ending cinematic plays and he's raving about "OMG DIABLO FOOOOOUR AAAAH". No. Just... no. Please, don't do that. You're a known streamer of the game and know everything about D3 inside out, you cannot possibly convince me you'd ever mistake a cinematic. Pulling dumb stuff like this just makes me go -_- .

Sometimes Twitch streamers just get obnoxious in their behaviour.

Meanwhile, another day will pass without any actual news. Tomorrow? Hopefully.

I don't watch his streams, but I occasionally watch his videos, and I like the dude, so that's sad to hear. He's genuinely passionate about the game and doesn't seem too cynical... Something I don't usually expect from streamers. Hopefully he's just fake-trolling and he has something to show in the coming days.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
speaking of that, any good Diablo 3 personalities out there on youtube?

Well, again, I like Quin69. At the very least his guides are good.

I used to like TryHard Enmity and watch all his guides - he would make one for every class every patch or so, insane -, but he barely makes any content anymore sadly.

Rhykker is alright too, though his style is dryer and he has this monotone in his voice that's very specific to him and can be a bit annoying.

None of them are particularly funny - though Quin's personality, Kiwi accent and language quirks are entertaining - but they're alright in my book.

strafer

Well, again, I like Quin69. At the very least his guides are good.

I used to like TryHard Enmity and watch all his guides - he would make one for every class every patch or so, insane -, but he barely makes any content anymore sadly.

Rhykker is alright too, though his style is dryer and he has this monotone in his voice that's very specific to him and can be a bit annoying.

None of them are particularly funny - though Quin's personality, Kiwi accent and language quirks are entertaining - but they're alright in my book.

Thanks! Will try and check em out.

i'm just looking for some videos that sums up the patches and talks about what's new and stuff.

Dunfisch

I don't watch his streams, but I occasionally watch his videos, and I like the dude, so that's sad to hear. He's genuinely passionate about the game and doesn't seem too cynical... Something I don't usually expect from streamers. Hopefully he's just fake-trolling and he has something to show in the coming days.

Don't mind him being passionate, but acting dumb on a topic he knows inside out irks me. I get it, you would love to see something new for Diablo as much as I do. No need to scream like a child before actual reveals are a thing.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks! Will try and check em out.

i'm just looking for some videos that sums up the patches and talks about what's new and stuff.

Then they should be good enough for you. Though don't watch TryHard, his content is outdated. Quin69 and Rhykker will be more than enough.

Don't mind him being passionate, but acting dumb on a topic he knows inside out irks me. I get it, you would love to see something new for Diablo as much as I do. No need to scream like a child before actual reveals are a thing.

Fair enough. I'd have to watch the stream you're referring too. He usually doesn't act that way is what I meant. So yeah, let's hope for a fake troll after all this hype.

Dunfisch

Fair enough. I'd have to watch the stream you're referring too. He usually doesn't act that way is what I meant. So yeah, let's hope for a fake troll after all this hype.

While we're still on the topic of the guy, his Jade Doctor HC char bit it at Gamescom. The PC he was playing on died and the char went along with it. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it was a rig provided by Blizzard and not his own. And he also lost a fresh remade HC Witch Doctor at level 50. Must be a rough day.

Well, if you've been experiencing issues in games outside of D3, then yeah, it could be something like your PSU failing. But if you play other games and the problems are specific to D3, then it's probably the drivers. Hopefully it's the latter.
Yeah the hard crashes only started when I reinstalled D3 and only while playing it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
While we're still on the topic of the guy, his Jade Doctor HC char bit it at Gamescom. The PC he was playing on died and the char went along with it. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it was a rig provided by Blizzard and not his own. And he also lost a fresh remade HC Witch Doctor at level 50. Must be a rough day.

Holy crap, poor dude. He almost lost that character in the previous stream too but was miraculously saved by a poor choice of attack from the rift guardian (Perdition, a.k.a. Rakanoth). He literally paused the game for 10 minutes, repeating "I'm dead. I can see the attack coming, I'm dead. If I never unpause, I never die." Very entertaining to watch, actually.

I'd demand a special rollback from Blizzard if I were him (assuming the rig was Blizzard's, which I think it was).

Yeah the hard crashes only started when I reinstalled D3 and only while playing it.

How about now? Does it work fine now that you've updated your GPU drivers?

eek5

Holy crap, poor dude. He almost lost that character in the previous stream too but was miraculously saved by a poor choice of attack from the rift guardian (Perdition, a.k.a. Rakanoth). He literally paused the game for 10 minutes, repeating "I'm dead. I can see the attack coming, I'm dead. If I never unpause, I never die." Very entertaining to watch, actually.

I'd demand a special rollback from Blizzard if I were him (assuming the rig was Blizzard's, which I think it was).
I don't think there is history of them ever restoring a HC character outside of account rollbacks

How about now? Does it work fine now that you've updated your GPU drivers?

Haven't had a chance to fully test it yet with the new drivers, got some cold or something, been sneezing non stop .w.

TSM

I get a D3D error only with Diablo 3 on my GTX 1080. As far as I can tell it's tied to the launcher somehow as I get a frozen screen for a significant length of time and then a D3D error message before it starts working normally again. When I exit the game the launcher is all screwed up. I'm going to start closing the launcher after I start the game.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I get a D3D error only with Diablo 3 on my GTX 1080. As far as I can tell it's tied to the launcher somehow as I get a frozen screen for a significant length of time and then a D3D error message before it starts working normally again. When I exit the game the launcher is all screwed up. I'm going to start closing the launcher after I start the game.

Ah yeah, that's another possible issue. There's a setting in the launcher that allows you to automatically close it once the game starts.

Dunfisch

To feed the constant hunger for news, there's this potential slip-up by a D2 streamer from Gamescom.

At 0:33:15 the guy hastily changes his wording like so: "when they release the announceme- anime", referring to his intention of doing a D2 Hell run once said announcemen-... aaaaanime hits. Right.

Is it once more nothing at all? I DO NOT KNOW :O . God, I want straight confirmations so badly.

Technically this could just be a unfortunate mix-up about the new Overwatch animated short :/ .

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
To feed the constant hunger for news, there's this potential slip-up by a D2 streamer from Gamescom.

At 0:33:15 the guy hastily changes his wording like so: "when they release the announceme- anime", referring to his intention of doing a D2 Hell run once said announcemen-... aaaaanime hits. Right.

Is it once more nothing at all? I DO NOT KNOW :O . God, I want straight confirmations so badly.

Technically this could just be a unfortunate mix-up about the new Overwatch animated short :/ .

Lol that's definitely a slip-up. The way he awkwardly corrects himself, pauses and smiles doesn't lie.

kafiend

RIP my 603p DH Yarg. Like your cheese namesake you were soft on the outside and crumbly in the middle. Creamed by Cold Snap.

Good news, after updating my GPU I played for about two hours in Grifts where things were intense and no computer death :D cpu stayed at about 53c and the cores were barely batting an eye.

After a long time of saying I'd do it, I finally decided to really try to get into this game. I started a Wizard (on PS4). Are there any tips I should know of? Any stuff I should read up on?

Hopefully I get into this! Wish me luck!

Celegus

So. My first legendary bow at Paragon 80 is pretty good.

rF9ithw.jpg

Good call on going DH I guess!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
An ancient Yang's Recurve. You can't imagine how long it usually takes to farm it.

Aren't those really good damage rolls too? I don't play DH.

Meanwhile, here I am getting 0 ancient of 10 Shenlong drops (seriously, they keep piling up), and when I do get one from reforging, the rolls suck. 2.6k DPS, really?

Xanathus

Aren't those really good damage rolls too? I don't play DH.

Meanwhile, here I am getting 0 ancient of 10 Shenlong drops (seriously, they keep piling up), and when I do get one from reforging, the rolls suck. 2.6k DPS, really?

It's decent but average damage rolls, unfortunately the max disc rolled the lowest but it's still pretty good. Looks like Celegus needs to get a gift and reroll that socket to something else.

Celegus

It's decent but average damage rolls, unfortunately the max disc rolled the lowest but it's still pretty good. Looks like Celegus needs to get a gift and reroll that socket to something else.

Those are always my bane, but at least I know exactly where it's going when I find one! Just haven't had a chance to play much yet this season, going for more of a slow and steady pace through the whole season rather than pounding it all out in the first couple weeks.

Any thoughts on what I should reroll the socket to when I do get one?

DripDropDrippin

Neo Member
just watched some of the Diablo Live Art stream from Gamescom. Dude is making a D2 model live while being asked questions. Makes me think they may be working on a D2HD remaster but doesn't seem like they would let this guy announce that. I have to go to work but I'm hoping somehow someway, I miss some sort of Diablo announcement.

Xanathus

Those are always my bane, but at least I know exactly where it's going when I find one! Just haven't had a chance to play much yet this season, going for more of a slow and steady pace through the whole season rather than pounding it all out in the first couple weeks.

Any thoughts on what I should reroll the socket to when I do get one?

Cooldown reduc, attack speed, elite damage, or life on hit is fine.

Dunfisch

End of the Diablo segment of the stream:

IpDAgCi.gif

Ayup. Suppose the remaining days can drop something with as much or as little chance as the ones so far, but looks to be a total no-show for Diablo again. Blizzcon then.

If a D2 HD remake or something on a similar level doesn't get announced there, I'll be a bit salty.

Sober

I so want this to drop.

JBMizM0.png
Just roll 1-H flails in the cube, it'll come eventually.

Surprisingly getting the flails you need aren't as hard. Although I think you'd want the other flail as well that's also for blessed shield, and then you cube this one I think.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I was remembering Vanilla D3
and actually looking up ways to play it and group up with some of you guys for shits and giggles lol
, and I was wondering: does the Horadric Hamburger still exist? I remember dropping a few of them pre-patch 2.0, but I haven't seen a single one of them.

Same with that multi-colored laser sword. Was that a collector's item? I still see some people with that weapon as a transmog.

eek5

I was remembering Vanilla D3
and actually looking up ways to play it and group up with some of you guys for shits and giggles lol
, and I was wondering: does the Horadric Hamburger still exist? I remember dropping a few of them pre-patch 2.0, but I haven't seen a single one of them.

Same with that multi-colored laser sword. Was that a collector's item? I still see some people with that weapon as a transmog.
yes. spectrum exists too.

you need to run whimsyshire to get it though so most people don't grind those transmogs for seasons

strafer

Surprisingly getting the flails you need aren't as hard. Although I think you'd want the other flail as well that's also for blessed shield, and then you cube this one I think.

But I dont have any death breasts left.

Wallach

You'll want to cube the other one (Akkhan's Leniency) as it is a 2H flail, and you'll want to wear a 1H flail instead to be able to use the Fervor passive (and just generally be able to throw shields much faster so you can gain more stacks of Akkhan's Leniency in a 3 second window).

Top Bottom