• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Bishop89

i just killed Malthael in Hardcore, got to level 50.

Can I play adventure mode hardcore to get to level 70 and get the trophy, or does it have to be in story mode?

Edit: Nevermind, trophy description never states story mode, my bad.

Man, I'm already kinda burning out. I think it's because I'm playing a Monk this season — my mains in past seasons were either Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, so I forgot how annoying playing a melee character can be. I get jealous when I party with Demon Hunters because they can aoe the entire screen and clear mobs before I even get to them lol.

Addnan

Man, I'm already kinda burning out. I think it's because I'm playing a Monk this season — my mains in past seasons were either Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, so I forgot how annoying playing a melee character can be. I get jealous when I party with Demon Hunters because they can aoe the entire screen and clear mobs before I even get to them lol.

SWK wave of light clears quicker than any demon hunter build or has that somehow changed in latest patch?

eek5

WoL build is pretty good but it doesn't have the same potential as LTK. TXI might be its max which will be OK for key farming. The main issue with WoL is you don't have in-geom so you have to rely on a lot of CDR to epiphany jump around.

Both LoN and non-stack management (F+R generator LTK) are some of the fastest farming builds in the game though.

I can run F+R LTK up to GR75 (2.5-3m 65-70, 4-5min 75).

My LoN LTK (no augments) can clear T12 in 2-3min. I mainly wear LoN so I can use avarice band and hoarder for gold farming while I key farm.

Jinroh

I really hate this season. I can't boost my magic find and have been stuck on T8 for far too long. I'm past paragon 430 and at that point in previous seasons I would be comfortable farming T10 with a Demon Hunter.

Maybe it's because I chose wizard this time, I don't know. But I'm far too weak for the time I invested.

eek5

I really hate this season. I can't boost my magic find and have been stuck on T8 for far too long. I'm past paragon 430 and at that point in previous seasons I would be comfortable farming T10 with a Demon Hunter.

Maybe it's because I chose wizard this time, I don't know. But I'm far too weak for the time I invested.
Wiz gets Tal set right? All you need is Wand of Woh and you're set!

Jinroh

I have it already. But if I really want to start doing some serious damage I need an acient Wand of Woh, and for that I'd need to farm bounties like crazy... not very motivating :(

eek5

I have it already. But if I really want to start doing some serious damage I need an acient Wand of Woh, and for that I'd need to farm bounties like crazy... not very motivating :(

Nah. You should be able to smash TX with a regular one and enough CDR. CDR + ingeom proc makes EB go into hyperdrive. Ancient woh really isn't needed until you start trying to push T13 or GR65+ imo

You can also run Tal+Sage and db farm in T8 or T10 to upgrade rare wands. It's one of the highest db/hr builds in the game even with T13.

There is a spectral blade build that is also decent for torment/bounty farming if you have that gear.

I felt sorry for the Zunimassa set so I was thinking of a Carnevil build but I came to realize it would probably be outperformed by LoN Carnevil.

Stay winning Zuni.

Anyone know if the cow level makes the avarice conquest fairly easy? I was thinking of disabling pets and killing/opening everything first than looting all at once.

No, i'm level 70. Does level matter?

Skull Grasp appears at level 60 so it would actually be easier to get one at that level as the total number of legendary rings you can get increases at 70.

You will still get it at 70 but at a lower frequency.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Im doing a Thorns LoN barb http://www.diablofans.com/builds/83308-gr92-barbarian-legacy-of-nightmares-thorns

How much DPS is more or less what I should have?

After rerolling everything I could to torns damage and putting diamonds on gear and topaz on weapons my DPS is low as hell, does the damage doesnt come from that at all?

I dont get it, also aint a Undisputed Champoin could be a better alternative in this build?

I played one last season. Sheet DPS won't matter since your damage is all from thorns (which doesn't show in sheet DPS), but you still need strength and attack speed (but not crit since it can't affect thorns).

Undisputed Champion isn't used because the Frenzy runes other than Maniac don't make enough of a difference.

Check out this old thread on the barb forum - it still applies: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20419193711?page=1

eek5

No, i'm level 70. Does level matter?

Kadala loot tables are based on level so gambling on a 57 barb gets you item level 60 rings and under whereas gambling on a 70 barb gets you item level 70 rings and under.

It's probably not worth it to level a second barb just to gamble but that's probably the absolute fastest way to get a skull grasp. I would personally just upgrade rings though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Kadala loot tables are based on level so gambling on a 57 barb gets you item level 60 rings and under whereas gambling on a 70 barb gets you item level 70 rings and under.

It's probably not worth it to level a second barb just to gamble but that's probably the absolute fastest way to get a skull grasp. I would personally just upgrade rings though.

For some reason, reading this I was suddenly reminded of how item levels used to work in vanilla D3. Remember ilevel 61-63? Remember mobs dropping sub-60 items?

"Good" times.

Raptor

I played one last season. Sheet DPS won't matter since your damage is all from thorns (which doesn't show in sheet DPS), but you still need strength and attack speed (but not crit since it can't affect thorns).

Undisputed Champion isn't used because the Frenzy runes other than Maniac don't make enough of a difference.

Check out this old thread on the barb forum - it still applies: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20419193711?page=1

Very good stuff here, his DPS is on the 187k lol thats how more or less mine is and seeing Monks and DH gets to the 2500K DPS in comparison thats what I was wondering.

eek5

For some reason, reading this I was suddenly reminded of how item levels used to work in vanilla D3. Remember ilevel 61-63? Remember mobs dropping sub-60 items?

"Good" times.

Haha getting stuck in A2 because you couldn't get i63 drops...

Farming aspects with Tyrael in A3 so you could get blue i63 weapon drops which were so much better than any i62 weapon you can get.

Good times indeed ;_;

Very good stuff here, his DPS is on the 187k lol thats how more or less mine is and seeing Monks and DH gets to the 2500K DPS in comparison thats what I was wondering.

Yeah sheet dps and effective dps are wildly different in this game, especially when you factor in hidden bonuses like skill modifiers, elite dmg, elemental bonuses, items like convection, etc. They really need some test dummies people can practice on especially since all metrics are tied to RNG (rift layout, density, mob type, pylons, etc). I mean there is ghom but it's single target and now every build can kill it in like 4 seconds on any difficulty which isn't helpful.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Haha getting stuck in A2 because you couldn't get i63 drops...

Farming aspects with Tyrael in A3 so you could get blue i63 weapon drops which were so much better than any i62 weapon you can get.

Good times indeed ;_;

I still get this weird sense of nostalgia that makes me wish there were pirate vanilla servers to relive some of the frustration for about an hour :lol.

And the glory of my dear Wicked Wind wizard.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I still get this weird sense of nostalgia that makes me wish there were pirate vanilla servers to relive some of the frustration for about an hour :lol.

And the glory of my dear Wicked Wind wizard.

Heh, the people who normally build the emulated servers were probably too busy running bot farms

Razakin

"Good" times.

Ugh the flashbacks of trying to survive on Act II on Inferno just so I could get those iLVL 61-62? items. I think iLVL 63 started dropping on Act III?

Kiru

GR79 beat and Guardian achieved. Season Journey done and placed 1st on EU GAF leaderboards.
:B1:

Raptor

How the heck Im suposed to reach 400k Thorns?

Im barely at 150k and I have Thorns in pratically everywhere.

Is it the Gem? Needs to be 50+?

Baliis

How the heck Im suposed to reach 400k Thorns?

Im barely at 150k and I have Thorns in pratically everywhere.

Is it the Gem? Needs to be 50+?

Gem + topaz + gear + passives + the vit to thorns chest or whatever. Everything adds up then multiplies to it gets high pretty fast.

Post your profile so we can see maybe?

strafer

Eh, it will go fast. I have a lvl 25 gem of ease...will take a few minutes to get up to 60 :p

Raptor

Gem + topaz + gear + passives + the vit to thorns chest or whatever. Everything adds up then multiplies to it gets high pretty fast.

Oh I aint on PC but since the console D3 thread is dead Im posting here lol, dont kill me.

Razakin

It's better to drop Rubies to Chest instead of Amethysts, as str scales the damage better even knowing that Heart of Iron chest gives thorns damage with vit.

Baliis

It's better to drop Rubies to Chest instead of Amethysts, as str scales the damage better even knowing that Heart of Iron chest gives thorns damage with vit.

Yea, just meant having the chest in general. I haven't played crusader in a while but it does give you actual thorns stat right?

Razakin

Yea, just meant having the chest in general. I haven't played crusader in a while but it does give you actual thorns stat right?

Heart of Iron chest has the unique passive that converts your vit to give 300% thorns, but even so, using str gems is better.

And for thorns crusader, using topaz on weapon gives 38k thorns. Combine that with Boyarsky's Chip legendary gem at measly lvl 50 (56000 thorns), then your gear's secondaries (30k+ thorns), 18k+ thorns from Heart of Iron passive (cubed and with like low 6k health) and the Iron Maiden passive, you should get around 210k thorns easily.

Don't think you can get 400k thorns with crusader, there's some barb frenzy builds that seem to get around that amount.

Anyone know if the cow level makes the avarice conquest fairly easy? I was thinking of disabling pets and killing/opening everything first than looting all at once.

I got it this way. TXIII with maxed hoarder, 50% gold find Paragon, and helm emerald.

I am ranged with nados so I was able to group cows with ranslor's folly. Did about 65% of the map before I couldn't avoid the gold mountains anymore and then switched in teleport and the pet and made it.

It looks like some of the early gold drops disappeared so you need to be on your A game to do this.

EDIT - Just need that 4 minute rift for Guardian. Hopefully I get lucky with some burners in public.

Shameless double post.

Got Guardian last night thanks to getting a good public rift team. Paragon 725. Lower than my first season so maybe I am improving even with my proclivity towards out of favor builds.

Wanted to run a Phalanx build and set up an Akkhan one in D3Planner. Even with dropping Eternal Union for CoE the Helltooth Garg is still doing over 5 times as much damage. Sad.

eek5

I got it this way. TXIII with maxed hoarder, 50% gold find Paragon, and helm emerald.

I am ranged with nados so I was able to group cows with ranslor's folly. Did about 65% of the map before I couldn't avoid the gold mountains anymore and then switched in teleport and the pet and made it.

It looks like some of the early gold drops disappeared so you need to be on your A game to do this.

EDIT - Just need that 4 minute rift for Guardian. Hopefully I get lucky with some burners in public.

You can just do it wearing avarice. The density there is really good and there aren't a ton of elites so as long as you can kill trash and move at a decent speed you should be able to pull it off easily. I think I pulled like a 200mil gold streak there (I had already gotten the achievement in a regular rift). HT Garg WD, WoL monk, and multi shot DH are probably the best for this since they can clear entire screens of trash. HT Garg might be a bit better since you can slowly walk forward abusing avarice just a bit. With WoL you'll have to be moving screen to screen the whole time but it should be possible.

Baliis

An easy place to do it where I went at the start of the season is Ruins of Corvus in act 5. Do a run through without killing anything to map out the floor and spawn the guys that crawl over the walls, then just tele back to the waypoint and go through it. I did it like day two of the season on t11 with a 35 boon or something, prob easy as hell on t13

Xanathus

Ugh the flashbacks of trying to survive on Act II on Inferno just so I could get those iLVL 61-62? items. I think iLVL 63 started dropping on Act III?

The real MVPs push through Act 2 into Act 4 and farm the purple event mobs for iLVL 63 to sell on the RMAH.

strafer

Thanks to some helpful gaffers I got to 70 and got my full Helltooth set for my WD and wow, you melt face with that set holy shit. Bumped up my Torment level quiet a bit.

Tizoc

I don't have Diablo 3 yet but when I log into my Blizzard account online it lets me download the client; how much of the game would I be able to play if I run that client?

Xanathus

I don't have Diablo 3 yet but when I log into my Blizzard account online it lets me download the client; how much of the game would I be able to play if I run that client?

You can only level up to 13 and can only play the campaign until you kill the Skeleton King which is like 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

Tizoc

You can only level up to 13 and can only play the campaign until you kill the Skeleton King which is like 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

Alright thanks for the info.
Managed to find a retail copy for around $16 so I quickly ordered it from Amazon.com XP
Currently contemplating getting Diablo 3 on PS4 too so that me and my brothers could play when during family gatherings etc.

strafer

So speaking of D3 on console, I was curious to how it would play so I downloaded the demo on the PSN store and it's totally playable and fine.

Good job on the console version Blizz.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Alright thanks for the info.
Managed to find a retail copy for around $16 so I quickly ordered it from Amazon.com XP
Currently contemplating getting Diablo 3 on PS4 too so that me and my brothers could play when during family gatherings etc.

Whatever you do, get the expansion, so D3 + Reaper of Souls if on PC, or D3: Ultimate Evil on console - I think that's the only available version on PS4 anyway.

Top Bottom