• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So Quin just said on his stream that, should there be any Diablo-related announcements at Gamescom - which isn't guaranteed btw -, it won't be today. It will be on Sunday.

This whole concept of having no announcement but just a guy drawing art on stage for a 20th anniversary celebration is so weird. That's why I still can't imagine Blizzard not even teasing anything by Sunday. I know there's Blizzcon in November, but still.

Then again, you've got Nintendo making a crappy spin-off game nobody cares about as a way to celebrate Metroid 30th anniversary, so...

Xanathus

yes. spectrum exists too.

you need to run whimsyshire to get it though so most people don't grind those transmogs for seasons

They should make those transmogs transfer over to season just like the other special transmogs like Reaper Kiss. Actually they should just make all transmogs account-wide and not separated by season.

Anybody playing the LTK speedfarm monk ? aka quin's build on diablofans
Is there any way to make the fireball from the helm not lag behind you or even just not shoot sometimes ? Shit's annoying, I feel like every other fireball just doesn't shoot or shoots behind me, what the hell

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
They should make those transmogs transfer over to season just like the other special transmogs like Reaper Kiss. Actually they should just make all transmogs account-wide and not separated by season.

While they're at it, they should have a way in seasons to check if you have already cubed a given legendary in non-season. Not actually transfer cubed affixes from non-season to seasonal, just having an easy way to tell when you actually get a new item to cube in season for when the season ends.

Anybody playing the LTK speedfarm monk ? aka quin's build on diablofans
Is there any way to make the fireball from the helm not lag behind you or even just not shoot sometimes ? Shit's annoying, I feel like every other fireball just doesn't shoot or shoots behind me, what the hell

Not that I know of. My number one gripe with the build is that it's just so squishy beyond single-player T11. Even in 4-man T11 games I die fairly frequently. Also, the build is so slow if you don't see an elite pack for a while. Oh, and the fact that you actually need to kill an entire champion pack (not just the yellow dude) to get the In-geom effect is annoying.

Agreed, elite minions are a pain in the ass
Fortunately, nemesis bracers make low elite density rifts alright
I don't know if it's that squishy too, main problem for me is the fireball lag (I think it's because of the boots) and sweeping winds stacks

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Agreed, elite minions are a pain in the ass
Fortunately, nemesis bracers make low elite density rifts alright
I don't know if it's that squishy too, main problem for me is the fireball lag (I think it's because of the boots) and sweeping winds stacks

Sweeping wind stacks I don't even mention anymore. So infuriating.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Finished up my stash tab. My experiment with using flying dragon with LoN LTK was pretty fun. Won't be topping any leaderboards, but it's nice and low-maintenance, and the attack speed is hilarious.
When I finished up, my GR 65's were around 5 minutes. The trick was using cindercoat and lots of resource cost reduction to get enough LTK casts per blinding flash reset for it to be self-sustaining. At that point, you can throw flying dragon on top and it just keeps going.

Dahbomb

Diablo 4 hype?

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

My build is about in form. Running TXIII rifts for those stupid journey challenges. WDs and DHs everywhere.

Yet my internet has been flaky for over a week now. Hope to finish.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Skab

Honestly I think I'd rather see another expansion for D3 with a new class or two and a level 80 cap. The game is still very fun to play, and it feels way too soon for any thoughts or announcements about a D4 yet. Although most likely all we'll get is season 8 details or some relatively minor patch coming up.

I would bet my gaf account that D3 is done, content wise.

Most of it's senior members of the team have left, and patches have entered that holding pattern mode of just being balance changes and not adding anything substantial.

Honestly I think I'd rather see another expansion for D3 with a new class or two and a level 80 cap. The game is still very fun to play, and it feels way too soon for any thoughts or announcements about a D4 yet. Although most likely all we'll get is season 8 details or some relatively minor patch coming up.
It's still "fun", but the hype is long gone.

A new start would be much better. (if they deliver)

nubbe

I haven't found a usable Ancient weapon since the season started... :babyrage
progress totally stagnates without it :(

h3ro

LoN LTK Monk is a BLAST.

I hated Sunwoko LTK, keeping up Sweeping Wind stacks was a pain and frankly, not a fun build to play. LoN keeps the fun of kicking dudes in the face while removing the housekeeping of maintaining SW.

Diablo Fans LoN LTK Monk Build

This is the build I've been running with a few changes. Since I'm on console, Corruption shoulders are bugged and don't spawn after you give the mats. I've been using Lefevbre's Soliloquy for the added defense boost. Also, since I'm using this build for mainly T13 clears and up to GR70 speed clears, I switched to Spinning Flame Kick for my LTK to give me a little more distance on my main attacks. Luckily, I had some old pre-patched Magefists which were well rolled as well. I think the only thing I would add if I wanted to start pushing GR levels would be a Crystal Fist instead of my current In Geom for further defense boosts after Dashing Strikes. Really enjoying this one.

My next Barb will not buff/debuff/group/agro. I am going to join grifts, say 'zDPS', and spin around like an idiot. I will fit right in.

Thinking about dropping Aquila from the cube. I should be able to stack Vit instead of RCR and only lose around 15% toughness. I figured it would be worse but I am going to be pushing 1.5 million HPs on my Wizard with all the life%.

eek5

LoN LTK Monk is a BLAST.

I hated Sunwoko LTK, keeping up Sweeping Wind stacks was a pain and frankly, not a fun build to play. LoN keeps the fun of kicking dudes in the face while removing the housekeeping of maintaining SW.

Diablo Fans LoN LTK Monk Build

This is the build I've been running with a few changes. Since I'm on console, Corruption shoulders are bugged and don't spawn after you give the mats. I've been using Lefevbre's Soliloquy for the added defense boost. Also, since I'm using this build for mainly T13 clears and up to GR70 speed clears, I switched to Spinning Flame Kick for my LTK to give me a little more distance on my main attacks. Luckily, I had some old pre-patched Magefists which were well rolled as well. I think the only thing I would add if I wanted to start pushing GR levels would be a Crystal Fist instead of my current In Geom for further defense boosts after Dashing Strikes. Really enjoying this one.
I tried LoN out and didn't like it too much. It's different but definitely wasn't as fast as my F+R setup.

My LoN build was much slower but pretty fun I guess. I'll probably swing back and try it again once I get an ancient in-geom. My LoN gear isn't fully optimized but it's pretty hard to get everything perfect compared to regular SWK so I think this is a fair comparison. The build I'm using now really doesn't need ancients or augments. I was clearing just a bit slower before I augmented.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/79132132

I run spirit guards, use BoTS instead of gogok, and swap momentum for STI for 75+.

T12: 2-3min
GR65: 2-3min
GR70: ~4min
GR75: ~5min
GR78: 7min (1 run only)

Because of how the build works it should be possible to swap out vengeful (QoL weapon) for crystal fist and witching hour for string of ears for pushing higher but I'm mainly using this to speed level gems so I want to keep it as fast as possible.

Sober

Playing Monk for real this time and it seems weird compared to the other classes that it seems to be the only class with an extra layer of resource management which feels like a burden to manage when you stack up set bonuses. Especially if you want to keep up. Like no other class has "spend sweeping wind charges for damage, btw if you lose sweeping wind you will probably die" and "these weapons give you bonus damage when you have max spirit but it also drains your spirit when you have max spirit" even taking into account you can stack IAS like crazy and rely solely on generators. Other than Barb which I've also spent the least time with this is crazy. Tell me I'm not crazy. And I thought Crusader resource management was bad enough...

I mean Monk and Crusader are the only classes IIRC that only grant resource on generators only when you hit. Everyone else can kinda just fire off a generator into the ether and still get it back.

eek5

Playing Monk for real this time and it seems weird compared to the other classes that it seems to be the only class with an extra layer of resource management which feels like a burden to manage when you stack up set bonuses. Especially if you want to keep up. Like no other class has "spend sweeping wind charges for damage, btw if you lose sweeping wind you will probably die" and "these weapons give you bonus damage when you have max spirit but it also drains your spirit when you have max spirit" even taking into account you can stack IAS like crazy and rely solely on generators. Other than Barb which I've also spent the least time with this is crazy. Tell me I'm not crazy. And I thought Crusader resource management was bad enough...

I mean Monk and Crusader are the only classes IIRC that only grant resource on generators only when you hit. Everyone else can kinda just fire off a generator into the ether and still get it back.

I mean.. it's what makes monk unique. If it was the same as every other class then what would the point be? It's not like other classes don't have to micromanage stuff to to maximize their dmg. Garg WD has to manage garg casts or move around to get them to position right. Jade and bats have to micromanage locust/haunt to make sure they're maximizing RoE dmg. Bats has to manage mana consumption against locust swarm casts to maintain dps. Tal wiz has to maange 4 element rotation for def bonus and 2 element rotation for dmg bonus. Archon wiz has to manage chantodo/archon stacks.

Re: SW - There are ways around it. If your crit is high enough and there are enough targets you'll be generating SW stacks faster than you can use them (even without vengeful wind). You can also use the belt to generate SW stacks when you're not hitting stuff, switch to a generator LTK build that helps with stack management OR drop it all together with LoN so there are alternatives.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, trying to master the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon for the demon hunter and I'm having a terrible time doing it. I always either end with 5 of 6 20-shot multishot groups, or I end up down a couple monsters killed total, OR I run out of time by just a few seconds. I can get super close but just not quite there. My gear is good, I think it's just a matter of getting lucky with the monster group spawns. :(

eek5

Man, trying to master the Unhallowed Essence set dungeon for the demon hunter and I'm having a terrible time doing it. I always either end with 5 of 6 20-shot multishot groups, or I end up down a couple monsters killed total, OR I run out of time by just a few seconds. I can get super close but just not quite there. My gear is good, I think it's just a matter of getting lucky with the monster group spawns. :(

get someone to help you. get objectives then have your homies blast everything in the dungeon :D

Akai XIII

Seems like the season is dead already on the EU side.

Got a SH on my WD, finally! got my Cru a set of Akkhans, but want the Roland/Shield bash set.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Seems like the season is dead already on the EU side.

Got a SH on my WD, finally! got my Cru a set of Akkhans, but want the Roland/Shield bash set.

Yeah, I guess binge-playing during my holiday, finishing the journey and reaching 1st place on the EU clan leaderboards for a short time temporarily killed my interest for the game. Plus knowing that stuff is coming at Blizzcon.

Xanathus

This is the guide I used for that set dungeon
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70120-set-dungeons-demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-set

It was like the 2nd or 3rd easiest set dungeon in the entire game. The only "difficult" part is having to TP out and reset the dungeon if the small insect mobs don't spawn close to each other. One SUPER IMPORTANT TIP is to cube/use Illusory Boots which will help you lure and group them together. Also remember to remove your companion.

Jadax

Anyone having issues with BNet app? I just installed the desktop app, and neither the app nor Diablo icons were installed. Plus, when I went to go uninstall BNet, there is no bnet or diablo in the list of programmes installed.

This is seriously annoying, every time I want to start diablo I have to use the BNet installer.

While you will be able to copy your existing characters, we will also be activating the 2000% Legendary Find buff to encourage participation. As a reminder, any progress made on the PTR does not transfer over to your live account.

Can't wait to get that loot that will be lost.

KarmaCow

I've kinda stalled at TX (barely) for a while now and I'm not sure what I can really do to move past it. This is my Monk at the moment and I have no idea how exactly I meant to gear up. It's mostly luck in terms of drops sure but what I should be looking out for and what to slot spend shards or rares to upgrade.

I have basic versions of all four monk sets but not really any of the extra legendaries to make it work.

I've kinda stalled at TX (barely) for a while now and I'm not sure what I can really do to move past it. This is my Monk at the moment and I have no idea how exactly I meant to gear up. It's mostly luck in terms of drops sure but what I should be looking out for and what to slot spend shards or rares to upgrade.

I have basic versions of all four monk sets but not really any of the extra legendaries to make it work.

Get rings with sockets for 2 more leg gems for starters.

eek5

Run some GRs and get gems. You want simplicity strength and bane of the trapped if you're going to run rainment. These are HUGE damage increases. TX is around GR50. A level 50 Simplicity strength with heal you for 4% of your max health per hit and increase damage of primary skills by 50%. BoTT will increase your dmg by 30% straight up. Multiplicative on top of all your stuff. Definitely worth it to drop whatever on your rings to socket these two.

I think mangle will give you slightly better QoL in terms of killing stuff since it hits AOE.

Since you're using 2H weapon I want to say that dashing strike with atk speed will give better QoL for you since it'll help you proc flying dragon faster.

I would drop SWK set if you want to go this route. Gamble for shoulders and get a Lefebvre's Soliloquy (50% DR when you cyclone strike). This will make up for the 50% DR from sweeping wind. You can use blinding flash faith in light in place of sweeping wind. I would drop Unity passive for relentless assault when you do this (20% more dmg to enemies that are blind) Dash->Blinding Flash->punch for massive dmg.

Get a better amulet after you drop SWK. Dex/CC/CHD or Fire/CC/CHD will be a nice upgrade.

After you get the shoulders you will want to gamble belts. String of ears (melee dmg reduction) or witching hour would be very good.

For regular rifts goldwrap or something like harrington would also work.

tldr: gamble shoulders, gloves (rainment gloves), and belt; get BoTT and SS gems, upgrade rare on monk fists to try to get shenlong fists

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do locations such as the watch tower in the Southern Highlands and House of Curios in the Fields of Misery spawn only in adventure mode or can they appear in the regular campaign mode as well?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Do locations such as the watch tower in the Southern Highlands and House of Curios in the Fields of Misery spawn only in adventure mode or can they appear in the regular campaign mode as well?

Pretty sure they can, it's just more rare. I remember people were happy when they made it possible for some of them to be marked as bounties because it made it easier to complete those collections.

KarmaCow

Get rings with sockets for 2 more leg gems for starters.

Run some GRs and get gems. You want simplicity strength and bane of the trapped if you're going to run rainment. These are HUGE damage increases. TX is around GR50. A level 50 Simplicity strength with heal you for 4% of your max health per hit and increase damage of primary skills by 50%. BoTT will increase your dmg by 30% straight up. Multiplicative on top of all your stuff. Definitely worth it to drop whatever on your rings to socket these two.

I think mangle will give you slightly better QoL in terms of killing stuff since it hits AOE.

Since you're using 2H weapon I want to say that dashing strike with atk speed will give better QoL for you since it'll help you proc flying dragon faster.

I would drop SWK set if you want to go this route. Gamble for shoulders and get a Lefebvre's Soliloquy (50% DR when you cyclone strike). This will make up for the 50% DR from sweeping wind. You can use blinding flash faith in light in place of sweeping wind. I would drop Unity passive for relentless assault when you do this (20% more dmg to enemies that are blind) Dash->Blinding Flash->punch for massive dmg.

Get a better amulet after you drop SWK. Dex/CC/CHD or Fire/CC/CHD will be a nice upgrade.

After you get the shoulders you will want to gamble belts. String of ears (melee dmg reduction) or witching hour would be very good.

For regular rifts goldwrap or something like harrington would also work.

tldr: gamble shoulders, gloves (rainment gloves), and belt; get BoTT and SS gems, upgrade rare on monk fists to try to get shenlong fists

Thanks for the tips. I was apprehensive about rolling for sockets on the rings because these are my best rings even with the poor stats.

Woot finished season journey IV and got my last pieces of the Raiment set. The 6-piece bonus is so cool! I'm zipping around like a DBZ character blowing shit up.

eek5

Thanks for the tips. I was apprehensive about rolling for sockets on the rings because these are my best rings even with the poor stats.

Yeah gems are crazy good. Basically better than any single roll you can get.

BTW you have so much hp. You're probably better off rolling the life% on your belt to your generator for a bit more dmg. Rolling same generator on your pants/belt will give you 30% more dmg on your generator.

Kiru

Yeah, I guess binge-playing during my holiday, finishing the journey and reaching 1st place on the EU clan leaderboards for a short time temporarily killed my interest for the game. Plus knowing that stuff is coming at Blizzcon.

Not for long! Soon™ :p

Bishop89

So i got "The Tall Man's Finger" and I'm not sure if its actually better or not with my zombie dogs.

I had 4 dogs which I thought were doing great, dealing ok damage, blocking enemies, damaging multiple enemies.

Apparently this item combines the damage of all 4 x dogs, but I just feel it's actually worse than before.

Am I going crazy gaf?

nubbe

So i got "The Tall Man's Finger" and I'm not sure if its actually better or not with my zombie dogs.

I had 4 dogs which I thought were doing great, dealing ok damage, blocking enemies, damaging multiple enemies.

Apparently this item combines the the damage of all 4 x dogs, but I just feel it's actually worse than before.

Am I going crazy gaf?

I think its better since the big dig kills enemies faster instead of chipping away small damage like small dogs do
If you need 4 dogs to tank, there is some other issue

Apparently this item combines the damage of all 4 x dogs, but I just feel it's actually worse than before.

Am I going crazy gaf?

Maybe a little. IIRC TallMan's damage boost is the following:

(Tooltip damage x (# of dogs)) x (2 x (# of dogs))

So if you had 4 dogs that do 100% weapon damage per hit:

((100% x 4) x (2 x 4)) = (400% x 8) = 2400% per hit.

Top Bottom