• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Quantum

so loaded (drunk) at the moment, joined up on mimsx -

I knew the season started but went out tonight drinking.

very thankful for the buff - figured I'd level tomorrow

I will be playing at least till I get the next tab - and if the last three seasons define - I'll be paragon 600 before I get bored

- point - gaf - join up on me at any time.

(and thanks mimsx for the fast start!)

Quantum

About to start season now, which one of you is already 70 with set gear that can power level me? :p

literally didn't think I would have started the season until tomorrow - BUT -

again big thanks to mimsx (who still wont see these posts as I'm still leeching )

join up on me and I'll level anyone I can - no set gear yet - but between vodka and lack of a sleep time

lets go!

So how does the start from level 1 in the Labyrinth achievement work? Can u just get someone high level to carry you through to the end or do you actually have to solo it all?

Kadin

So how does the start from level 1 in the Labyrinth achievement work? Can u just get someone high level to carry you through to the end or do you actually have to solo it all?
To get the achiev (and pet) you need to enter the portal at level 1 and run the whole thing solo.

Lain

A quick way to do it is to pick up a good legendary sword and put the gem of ease into it and use the hellfire neck with a leg gems into it. You gotta do it alone so that makes it go way faster.

Wallach

mmm, gotta love that first day blast off

this whole hellcat waistguard grenade thing has a really big problem, where the grenades just pop if they hit a wall, makes a whole lot of rift floor spaces pretty shitty feeling

will probably wind up switching over to the cranked up marauder set, 6000% damage bonus seems pretty strong for that set considering it can get decently tanky

I think they spawn anywhere. Stumbled across them in various Acts while messing around in Adventure Mode for the first time. I think that site is just listing easy to farm and/or guaranteed spots.
Ah, yes, that makes sense now that I've played more and can confirm they do show up everywhere. I finished my page collection in Act IV. Sorry for the misinformation!

Oh, cool. Went to those places and collected some pages (3-7) so now I only need 1 and 2 to finish the achievement.
Please see above.

I've been unlocking portrait frames on the PS4, but I can't seem to find where to change them. Anyone know where this setting is?
A blue post addresses this. The ability to change portrait frames is coming in the Season 10 patch.

i created a seasonal character but have no idea what to do...where do i start?
Just play through the game normally. Someone should absolutely correct me if I am wrong here, though, because that's how I approached Season 9 (my first Season).

rcl66

Sorry if this has already been asked 100 times but any steps or guide on how to get to the Diablo 1 anniversary content? I've been searching online and there is no clear instructions on it. Why did they make it so hidden? Probably doesn't help I haven't played the game in months. I am probably missing something really simple.

Edit, never mind, I figured it out. Not sure why they didn't spell it out more clearly on where to start it.

Can you share. I've gotten a few cultist notes but no idea if I'm doing it the right way at all.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
well i started a new season character. this is my first time and i'm actually quite enjoying it. i'm at lvl 14 at the moment and on expert difficulty. trained up my artisans to about lvl 4 now. i've only done 2/9 achievements in chapter 1 at the moment. this is just way more fun than having to play through the campaign again.

dab0ne

Played the old Tristan bit and it was great. I didn't have any nostalgia for it but the guy I was playing with kept freaking out at every reference. It was great lol.

Audette

A little let down that final zone in the darkening even is not a proper representation of the "He'll" zone from Diablo 1. It was a soft let down at the end of what was otherwise a fun if yet unchallenging event. For context we all played with fresh new characters, a four man group. And we started on a harder difficulty but very quickly cranked it to torment. The Dark Lord took a while to down but was hardly a thrilling fight. Nothing wrong with the event, I had a Great time and I appreciate the heart blizzard put into some of this. Just that it felt incomplete at the end.

So my question to the community, how is everybody's performance when playing the event?

All of my friend and I had wildly changing FPS. Dunno if our PC's are getting out of date or if it's the filters. Usually the game plays great, but I had to put it on laptop mode. So weird.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
A little let down that final zone in the darkening even is not a proper representation of the "He'll" zone from Diablo 1. It was a soft let down at the end of what was otherwise a fun if yet unchallenging event. For context we all played with fresh new characters, a four man group. And we started on a harder difficulty but very quickly cranked it to torment. The Dark Lord took a while to down but was hardly a thrilling fight. Nothing wrong with the event, I had a Great time and I appreciate the heart blizzard put into some of this. Just that it felt incomplete at the end.

So my question to the community, how is everybody's performance when playing the event?

All of my friend and I had wildly changing FPS. Dunno if our PC's are getting out of date or if it's the filters. Usually the game plays great, but I had to put it on laptop mode. So weird.

The 64 bit client which is the new default is having performance issues for some people. Try setting it back to 32 bit in the battle.net game options.

Some people had an improvement by exiting community chats, but that didn't fix it for me. The 32 bit version has been fine.

Lanrutcon

The 64 bit client which is the new default is having performance issues for some people. Try setting it back to 32 bit in the battle.net game options.

Some people had an improvement by exiting community chats, but that didn't fix it for me. The 32 bit version has been fine.

Same. 64 bit client runs like absolute butt for me, 32 bit one is smooth.

Jas

Yeah I've been having issues with the 64 bit client too.

Playing solo the game is fine but with a group I get huge dips in the teens.

Nokterian

I get great performance when playing solo even in dense mobs, but playing with other people gives me random framerate drops even in town. Sticking with 32-bit for group play for now.

Another blue post about it: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752528747?page=3#post-50

Why does this keep happening every single time? Also i left those communities and it didn't help at all still getting massive stuttering with large mobs it is just to weird even with gsync...and this is solo.

Hopped back in after a couple of years away, with a fresh account for season 9. Hit 70 on my monk and unlocked my 6 piece set. This is my first season since Diablo 2, so I'm excited to get all the achievements. I feel like I got very lucky with drops so far. Had a decent Incense Torch and Tzo Krin's Gaze drop today. Not stellar rolls, but I'm happy.

I began on the Tristram event and believe I unlocked everything. Two pets including the secret
cow
pet and the Butcher. Am I missing anything else?

I'll get my account number later tonight and ask for an add. I'll likely keep focusing on the monk and some WD. Having fun and biding my time until the necro releases. That was my forever class for five years on Diablo 2. Can't wait.

Wallach

Why does this keep happening every single time? Also i left those communities and it didn't help at all still getting massive stuttering with large mobs it is just to weird even with gsync...and this is solo.

The 64-bit client has a number of pretty large bugs, not just related to communities. Simply not worth using at the moment, switch back to 32-bit in the launcher.

Nete

Holy cow, this game has changed a lot in the last two years (or close to that) since my last time. A couple days ago I decided to start playing again with the anniversary event, and I can't stop discovering new shit.

Kanai's Cube, why weren't you here back then :(

Tendo

So I went wizard this time and just got my chantoto's set to pair with my firewalkers and I am not sure I get this build. I understand building stacks and melting face when I'm in archon, but what am I supposed to do in the downtime? I have like 43% cooldown and I swear I'm still waiting 45+ seconds to get back into archon. Am I doing this wrong?

So I went wizard this time and just got my chantoto's set to pair with my firewalkers and I am not sure I get this build. I understand building stacks and melting face when I'm in archon, but what am I supposed to do in the downtime? I have like 43% cooldown and I swear I'm still waiting 45+ seconds to get back into archon. Am I doing this wrong?

Haven't played in a while but pretty sure you need obsidian ring to reset the cd of archon by spamming spells with the increased speed from archon that lingers after you gets all the stacks. With obsidian it'd reset in like 3secs.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yeah I've been having issues with the 64 bit client too.

Playing solo the game is fine but with a group I get huge dips in the teens.

I have to admit, I'm having similar issues too. The 64 bit client runs great when I'm playing solo, but in a multiplayer game it stutters quite a bit. It's playable for me, but it's not ideal. Maybe I'll try going back to the 32 bit tomorrow and see if that smooths it out for me.

Nokterian

The 64-bit client has a number of pretty large bugs, not just related to communities. Simply not worth using at the moment, switch back to 32-bit in the launcher.

What i also noticed when i put the game on 1920x1080 143hz and it is not 144hz, i don't know if it is a typo but that isn't good.

Jas

I have to admit, I'm having similar issues too. The 64 bit client runs great when I'm playing solo, but in a multiplayer game it stutters quite a bit. It's playable for me, but it's not ideal. Maybe I'll try going back to the 32 bit tomorrow and see if that smooths it out for me.

I went back to the 32 bit client tonight and I'm not having any problems now.

Nokterian

This is what i mean, don't you guys have this in the 64 bit client? Like i said i went back to 32 bit client if it was there also but it wasn't. It is weird i am playing solo right now with 60hertz but the other numbers are just to weird as you can see not 144hz but 143hz..

diablo3hertzyylea.jpg

I really wish Blizzard would just let you start at level 60 or 70 already in seasons if you've leveled that class before. For all of D3's strengths, the leveling process isn't one of them. It's just tedious.

Quantum

This is what i mean, don't you guys have this in the 64 bit client? Like i said i went back to 32 bit client if it was there also but it wasn't. It is weird i am playing solo right now with 60hertz but the other numbers are just to weird as you can see not 144hz but 143hz..

I switched back tot he 32-bit client as well, it fixed all of the problems I was having.

- did you mean you didn't have the option to switch back - your image is just the resolution options.

- the option to switch to the 32-bit is in the battle.net launcher
- click on the blue swirly icon on the top left
- click on settings
- click on game settings
- highlight "Launch 32-bit client (instead of 64-bit)

Nokterian

I switched back tot he 32-bit client as well, it fixed all of the problems I was having.

- did you mean you didn't have the option to switch back - your image is just the resolution options.

- the option to switch to the 32-bit is in the battle.net launcher
- click on the blue swirly icon on the top left
- click on settings
- click on game settings
- highlight "Launch 32-bit client (instead of 64-bit)

Not that is not it.

Look behind the resolution options, you see 60hz right on the picture? After that it goes to 99hz and not 100hz and the last one is not 144hz but 143hz.

That is a huge fault on there end that should not be there since every game i play it just says 144hz. And like i said i went to the 32 bit client and there it just shows 144hz not 143hz like the 64 bit client.

Anyone willing to trade me the two Cultist's Pages I'm missing? I'm missing pages 2 and 4, can trade 1 and 6. Battletag is Astrotesla#1927 if interested.
Edit: Just found them, haha.

I really wish Blizzard would just let you start at level 60 or 70 already in seasons if you've leveled that class before. For all of D3's strengths, the leveling process isn't one of them. It's just tedious.

Characters already feel utterly disposable (compared to DII), letting you skip leveling would make that even worse I think.

Nokterian

Nah that's the reason to play season is to start fresh, leveling goes fast doing bounty's and rifts at the start. Also i do a rebirth every season on the class i like to play instead of making a new one.

Characters already feel utterly disposable (compared to DII), letting you skip leveling would make that even worse I think.

That's the game though, there's no difference whether I level them or not, if I can I get them boosted anyway. Characters ARE totally disposable regardless, having to level them really doesn't change that. I only play seasonal anyway, the rest might as well not exist. The leveling is just a trudge to get to the actual meat at the game at this point. There's nothing fun or interesting about it imo, but if you guys enjoy it, good. I'm just saying, give me the option to skip ahead for classes I've already leveled half a dozen times. It's several tedious hours that I just don't enjoy at all and it's certainly NOT the reason I play seasons.

Never knew AA was determined by 32bit or 64bit client. Had to switch to 32bit mode which fixes the stutter from guild alerts/msg but at the same time looks like a console game. :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Never knew AA was determined by 32bit or 64bit client. Had to switch to 32bit mode which fixes the stutter from guild alerts/msg but at the same time looks like a console game. :(

It's also DirectX 11 (updated from 9 I think?) which is where those new features come from. I definitely miss that running the old one. Hope they can fix that soon.

They are totally disposable. I'm constantly deleting whatever character before each season. I don't care or think about which one I'm deleting either. Doesn't bother me one bit. Leveling is just so annoying after doing it several times.

Top Bottom