• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Nokterian

If you're getting stuttering and poor performance with the new client, try leaving the community chatrooms you are currently in. Supposedly it's loading up player models in the background.

yeah that was the main problem i left them all next time i just join what i need.

Kiru

Dunno, I don't like this new AA look. I expected more. Seems there is some kind of sharpening filter also applied or why is there this effect on the edges ? Those downsampled PS4 Pro shots look better.

BashNasty

The new patch has done wonders for the the game's performance issues. I'm on a 1080 paired to a 144hz G-sync monitor and I can now run the game at 4K with everything maxed out (including the new antialiasing options), and it runs at about 120fps while looking much, much crisper than before, in addition to having almost no stuttering.

In terms of performance and the look of the game, this is by far the best patch Diablo III has ever gotten.

Kadin

The new patch has done wonders for the the game's performance issues. I'm on a 1080 paired to a 144hz G-sync monitor and I can now run the game at 4K with everything maxed out (including the new antialiasing options), and it runs at about 120fps while looking much, much crisper than before, in addition to having almost no stuttering.

In terms of performance and the look of the game, this is by far the best patch Diablo III has ever gotten.
Are you getting this from the 64-bit client because all I got was tons of fps issues. Switched back to 32 in the b.net launcher and all is fine again.

Nokterian

Are you getting this from the 64-bit client because all I got was tons of fps issues. Switched back to 32 in the b.net launcher and all is fine again.

No issues here anymore if you do have stuttering meaning you are in a lot of communities i removed those and it works perfect.

Stevey

What CPU do you have?
I have a 1080 but with my 3770k at 4.2GHZ I can only get about 90FPS maxed out@4K

Syf

Banned
No issues here anymore if you do have stuttering meaning you are in a lot of communities i removed those and it works perfect.
Yeah try this. I'm getting rock solid 120 FPS now without any hitching, big improvement over the old client. Shame some people are having troubles with it.

Could someone explain to me what I need to do to enjoy this months' event and reap the rewards?

I haven't finished the game yet, half-way through on Expert difficulty.

Kadin

Could someone explain to me what I need to do to enjoy this months' event and reap the rewards?

I haven't finished the game yet, half-way through on Expert difficulty.
The portal for the event starts in Old Ruins in Act 1. There are a variety of things you can obtain like portraits and a pet from there. Best thing to do is look in the Achievements sections under General > Special Events to see what the req's are.

I'd recommend starting a new character and go right there if you want the pet as you have to finish it in one sitting with a fresh level 1 character.

The portal for the event starts in Old Ruins in Act 1. There are a variety of things you can obtain like portraits and a pet from there. Best thing to do is look in the Achievements sections under General > Special Events to see what the req's are.

I'd recommend starting a new character and go right there if you want the pet as you have to finish it in one sitting with a fresh level 1 character.

Thank you, will do! Should I just play the game on PC? Is it a better experience? (Currently have it on PS4 Pro)

Kadin

Thank you, will do! Should I just play the game on PC? Is it a better experience? (Currently have it on PS4 Pro)
I have it on X1 as well as PC myself and while the console port is pretty impressive, I still prefer and play on PC now due to Seasons although I thought I'd read those might be coming to console now?

Either way, I much prefer PC if only for the ability to specifically set a location for where certain spells are to be used. With a controller, you just don't have that ability even though it works okay overall.

I have it on X1 as well as PC myself and while the console port is pretty impressive, I still prefer and play on PC now due to Seasons although I thought I'd read those might be coming to console now?

Either way, I much prefer PC if only for the ability to specifically set a location for where certain spells are to be used. With a controller, you just don't have that ability even though it works okay overall.

I feel so stupid.. I created a new character, but at the gate for new Tristram where I am waiting for the NPC's to kill the zombie horde (so I can enter the village) I level up to lvl2 because of the quest.. how can I reach the portal to Old Tristram as a Lvl1 character?

Kadin

I feel so stupid.. I created a new character, but at the gate for new Tristram where I am waiting for the NPC's to kill the zombie horde (so I can enter the village) I level up to lvl2 because of the quest.. how can I reach the portal to Old Tristram as a Lvl1 character?
I clearly missed the fact that this is your first play through, right? Ideally you want to have Adventure Mode unlocked (by beating the main campaign) so you can just port there immediately. Not really sure how you can do it otherwise because if you have someone invite you to their group and then they leave before you enter, not sure if that would work. I would think it would as long as they drop group before you step foot inside. Might have to research it a bit more just in case, but the labyrinth isn't terribly long and you're gonna want to run it again multiple times for some of the rewards.

I clearly missed the fact that this is your first play through, right? Ideally you want to have Adventure Mode unlocked (by beating the main campaign) so you can just port there immediately. Not really sure how you can do it otherwise because if you have someone invite you to their group and then they leave before you enter, not sure if that would work. I would think it would as long as they drop group before you step foot inside. Might have to research it a bit more just in case, but the labyrinth isn't terribly long and you're gonna want to run it again multiple times for some of the rewards.

That seems to be what is required.. d'oh! I guess I need to finish it, and then create a new character... I wish my playtime wasn't so limited.

Kadin

Yeah, luckily you have the entire month to get it done so you should have enough time before the event ends. If you ever need help, hit me up in-game (on PC), I should be on later tonight. Battle tag is Kadin#1207. Have fun!

Jadax

Question about the new client, does a patch update my already downloaded diablo 3 64 bit or do I have to redownload the whole thing?

Backlogger

Sorry if this has already been asked 100 times but any steps or guide on how to get to the Diablo 1 anniversary content? I've been searching online and there is no clear instructions on it. Why did they make it so hidden? Probably doesn't help I haven't played the game in months. I am probably missing something really simple.

Edit, never mind, I figured it out. Not sure why they didn't spell it out more clearly on where to start it.

Sorry if this has already been asked 100 times but any steps or guide on how to get to the Diablo 1 anniversary content? I've been searching online and there is no clear instructions on it. Why did they make it so hidden? Probably doesn't help I haven't played the game in months. I am probably missing something really simple.

Edit, never mind, I figured it out. Not sure why they didn't spell it out more clearly on where to start it.

how does one do it, for the record?

Backlogger

So start a new toon and put the game in Adventure Mode (you may have had to beat the game once to do this).

Then, go to the Old Ruins way point in Act 1 (Old Tristram). Once you are there you will notice a portal in the middle of town. Don't assume this was a town portal you dropped or something. This takes you to the pixelated looking special event area.

inky

In Adventure mode open your map, go to the Old Ruins Waypoint, take the portal.

That's it. Can be done with any existing character but there's an achievement for doing it on a new character if you care about that sort of thing.

BashNasty

Yep, that was from the 64 bit client. Oddly enough though, despite running perfect and almost stutter free while playing at 4k by myself, once I started a game with my brother, it became a FPS fluctuating mess. We're talking I would drop down into the 30s during combat scenarios, then shoot right back up to 144fps once we stopped fighting. All sorts of random things, including my brother just firing off disintegrate would make my fps fluctuate wildly. I haven't been able to figure this out yet, and it's really really fucking sucking.

What CPU do you have?
I have a 1080 but with my 3770k at 4.2GHZ I can only get about 90FPS maxed out@4K

I'm running a i7 6700k @4.4 paired with 16gigs of DDR4 @ 3000 loaded onto a 512gig M2 950 Pro SSD.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Finally being able to play on real 120 FPS with ULMB (strobing backlight) makes it feel like a whole new game. There's a lot to be said for being able to read things in motion.
(with the old engine, most parts still only updated at 60 FPS internally, so you'd get a lot of image doubling)

Edit: the lower brightness on the original ROG Swift is still a pain. Not too bad with the room darkened. Hopefully they've improved that on newer models, lol

nubbe

I'm mostly happy with how sharp the game is now.
I can see details that was blurred to hell before with that FXAA type smoothing

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
started the event today. didn't bother with a new character. i'm at the 4th level at the moment. how long is this event in terms of gameplay? i'm not sure what to expect. i never played the first game. it's quite cool looking though. i hope they keep the filter and make it optional during normal diablo 3 gameplay.

also what time does the season start? i'm in the UK. this will be my first season. i want to try it out but exactly sure what i need to do.

RS4-

started the event today. didn't bother with a new character. i'm at the 4th level at the moment. how long is this event in terms of gameplay? i'm not sure what to expect. i never played the first game. it's quite cool looking though. i hope they keep the filter and make it optional during normal diablo 3 gameplay.

also what time does the season start? i'm in the UK. this will be my first season. i want to try it out but exactly sure what i need to do.

It's like 20 mins.
Multiply that by a bajillion if you're doing it solo just because of that garbage shit with the 7 pages and the demon portrait or whatever. For the pages, if you're missing some, just ask in general chat, people probably have dupes.

I fucked up, when I started at level 1, forgot that I could've equipped the HFA and the gem of ease lol.

But yeah, aside from the pages and hunting the 40 champs, it isn't long.

Lain

Where do you even get to pick up the pages anyways? Completed 1 run with a level 1 character but didn't get a single one.

Jumped back into the game for the first time since release window. Pretty surprising how much has changed.
Had a blast with the Diablo 1 labyrinth. Very nostalgic, and playing it from level 1 was really fun for me. Retrovision is a thing of beauty.

That said, I was hoping there were some story and presentation improvements in Act Vbut nope.. just as poor as the base game. I see now that the praise for Reaper of Souls comes from the endgame stuff and not Act V itself. I sincerely hope they rehauled the story team for the next Diablo.
The pages are dropped by certain cultists (they're Black and white, I believe) and they only show up in certain sections of Act I.

I think they spawn anywhere. Stumbled across them in various Acts while messing around in Adventure Mode for the first time. I think that site is just listing easy to farm and/or guaranteed spots.

IbukiLordSA

Thread seems a bit more active so thought I would ask here, can anyone recommend some changes I could make to this build? It is basically my speed farm build that I use to upgrade gems quickly but at around gr65 it slows down a lot, I would like to try for gr70 with it efficiently so any advice for changes would be appreciated.

Start of the vid is the equipment and build then I go into a gr60 to show the build in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-FiSHjuubo

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
can someone explain exactly what i need to do in a season? i just can't understand it. do i just play adventure mode to get to lvl 70. then what? what makes it different? my current character is paragon lvl 56 and i've been doing bounties/rifts. i'm on torment lvl 3 at the moment. i'm struggling to find new gear and do torment 4.

Quantum

I'm gonna be playing DH for this season because it's the easiest one to do all of the conquests.

same

- I've really only played WD, DH and Monk for any duration - DH seems to always become the toon I use the most.

I'll have to fuss with settings tomorrow (have a date with a few margaritas), my log in tonight was choppy as hell.

although running at 4k resolution might be overkill *and* I was d/l humble monthly games.

Kadin

Are there any unique transmog items that drop during this event?
Pretty sure the magic item, "The Butcher's Cleaver" is unique to the event. Probably a few others as well from the other bosses.

zp6Zmny.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
When does the season start tonight? Think I'll deviate away from my monk streak and roll a Crusader this time.

Wallach

20 minutes to go boys

still pondering starting crusader or DH this season

shadow set is actually pretty good for early farming purposes, while crusader is going to get the easy invoker set to probably dive deeper into GRs right away but will fall behind in the middle of the curve a bit

Syf

Banned
DH for me. With the event, QoL updates and the new client this is the most interested I've been in a new season for quite a while. 15 mins :)

Top Bottom