• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Lanrutcon

What exactly is the D1 mode supposed to be? Is it part of the new season, or do you play it with an older character?

Can play it with whatever.

It's an optional dungeon themed to the original Diablo game.

There are several achievements, some pets, some transmogs. All of it contained within the single dungeon. It'll take multiple runs to get it all, including one run with a brand new level 1 character.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
this is my first season. what's the quickest way to level up? i'm lvl 19 right now and a wizard. i've done 4/9 of the objectives in chapter 1. i've levelled up the armorer/jeweller/enchanter to bout lvl 5 so far. other than that i just need to get to lvl 50 and use 5 gems. i've only used 1 so far. do i just keep doing rifts/bounties until i get to lvl 50? i'm just so slow at this.

i'm playing on expert mode. might try go up a level.

Xanathus

this is my first season. what's the quickest way to level up? i'm lvl 19 right now and a wizard. i've done 4/9 of the objectives in chapter 1. i've levelled up the armorer/jeweller/enchanter to bout lvl 5 so far. other than that i just need to get to lvl 50 and use 5 gems. i've only used 1 so far. do i just keep doing rifts/bounties until i get to lvl 50? i'm just so slow at this.

i'm playing on expert mode. might try go up a level.

Have someone power level you.

If you want to do it solo, just do rifts on Hard. If you know how to chain kills which is really only practical to be done by Witch Doctor, you can level up very fast solo by chaining kills in high density zones.

Chumley

Banned
Red soulstone ability is so hilariously overpowered, I love it. Wiping full mobs and taking off almost half health on bosses in T3 adventure mode.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What exactly is the D1 mode supposed to be? Is it part of the new season, or do you play it with an older character?

Can play it with whatever.

It's an optional dungeon themed to the original Diablo game.

There are several achievements, some pets, some transmogs. All of it contained within the single dungeon. It'll take multiple runs to get it all, including one run with a brand new level 1 character.

This, I suppose the only thing to add is that it's accessed via a Diablo 1-looking portal in Old Tristram.

Haven't played in over 1 year and I wanna get back into the game. Is that shotgun crusader build still a thing with all these updates and patches or is it obsolete?

Audioboxer

I always pick crusader and regret it... Stupid plate fetish
Monk always feels better, but I don't play to play it.

I done the Jan event with a level 1 monk. Forgot how much fun the fast paced kicking/punching is. Will level to 70 now.

The Butcher knife transmog is cool. Not sure if a monks 70 gear can transmog it or not, will see soon enough. It probably fits a barbarian better tbh.

Haven't played in over 1 year and I wanna get back into the game. Is that shotgun crusader build still a thing with all these updates and patches or is it obsolete?

Same situation as me, I loaded up my 70 Crusader and went... uhh... no idea what I'm doing. Started over.

LogicStep

If i want to power level a friend from 1 to 70, what's the fastest way to accomplish this? I'm trying to google this but I'm getting different results and seeing that some things don't work anymore.

I forgot how much I hate trying to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Did 8 bounty runs straight on Torment 6 I think. Just bracers\shoulders\mace each time. And the ring farming communities are all dead now :(

If i want to power level a friend from 1 to 70, what's the fastest way to accomplish this? I'm trying to google this but I'm getting different results and seeing that some things don't work anymore.

You create party and set it to T4 (I think that's the highest torment lvl a non 70 can join)

Put your T4 speed farming gear on

Start a nephalem rift

Have your friend zone in and wait at the entrance while you kill everything.

When you zone into the next level, tell your friend to teleport to you and wait again at the beginning while you kill everything.

Kill rift boss and teleport to town to turn in quest for XP

Rinse and repeat until 70

Took my buddy 17 minutes to power level me last night.

Lanrutcon

Do a rift on the highest difficulty you can manage. Friend parks his character at the entrance. As long as he's on the same floor, it's xp city.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I forgot how much I hate trying to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Did 8 bounty runs straight on Torment 6 I think. Just bracers\shoulders\mace each time. And the ring farming communities are all dead now :(

Yeah, it took me 12 this time.

Is rrog essential as it was previously?

It depends on the class. I'm using it for my lashing tail kick monk. It's usually either RoRG or Convention of Elements in the cube, with Focus+Restraint or the Legacy of Nightmares rings on the sheet.

Getting RORG has been a pain in the ass for me every single season, talking like astronomically bad luck, 20+ T1 legendaries and no RORG. This season? First T1 bounties I did at 70. And I wasn't even really going for it. Go figure. Also got a Furnace almost immediately, without even needing one specifically. RNG is a fickle mistress.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ha, looks like the level 25 level-up effect from the red soul shard adds 30 seconds on the duration rather than refreshing the same 30 seconds, and it carries over into GR.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5n2t5l/gamebreaking_red_soul_shard_bug/

Gem of Ease might actually see some use for once. 5 minutes of PL for 30 minutes of carnage. Wonder how long they'll take to fix this now.

Disclaimer: don't try to top the leaderboard and get banned, lol

Obviously the part where it carries over to GR needs to be fixed, but I wonder if they'll keep the accumulation otherwise. It's not as big of a deal if it's just being used for faster T13 rifts.

IceMarker

Ha, looks like the level 25 level-up effect from the red soul shard adds 30 seconds on the duration rather than refreshing the same 30 seconds, and it carries over into GR.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/5n2t5l/gamebreaking_red_soul_shard_bug/

Gem of Ease might actually see some use for once. 5 minutes of PL for 30 minutes of carnage. Wonder how long they'll take to fix this now.

Disclaimer: don't try to top the leaderboard and get banned, lol

Obviously the part where it carries over to GR needs to be fixed, but I wonder if they'll keep the accumulation otherwise. It's not as big of a deal if it's just being used for faster T13 rifts.

I wonder how long until this gets fixed, considering they just released a hotfix today lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
They released a hotfix for the 64-bit client. I'm in class, can anyone confirm it helps?

Will report soon.... So far just as solid as ptr but no word on if the memory leak or longevity problem is fixed. Stuttering is even less overall or frequent am using a dpc latency checker to verify. As good some of my ptr runs.

Lanrutcon

What's wrong with it still? Does it also run better than the 32bit client?

For me, it runs the same as the 32 bit client but with a lot more bells and whistles turned on (8xAA, SSAO), so the visuals are a lot crisper/detailed.

Problems I've encountered: alt-tabbing issues, 1 crash.

Edit: running a 1070, 2560x1440, max settings.

For me, it runs the same as the 32 bit client but with a lot more bells and whistles turned on (8xAA, SSAO), so the visuals are a lot crisper/detailed.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to test it out myself.

inky

Why not 4k with that card? I'm sure it can do it.

Syf

Banned
Yeah that hotfix worked for me. Performance with 64-bit client is now just as good in four player groups as it is solo with everything enabled. Outstanding stuff

LogicStep

I got the invite to the clan but it says it's full.

I have a question about Firebird's set.

Does having Magic Weapon with the Ignite rune count as one of the fire moves towards the set's ignite bonus?

I ask because I like using the Force Weapon rune since it gives a nice damage boost but if the Ignite rune will help me get those stacks faster then I'll go with that. I also have the Electrify with fire rune, Disintegrate and Black Hole with fire. So when Black Hole is down I don't have much of a way to get the Ignite bonus rolling.

The Dude

I'll kick over to the 64 bit client tonight and see what's the haps. Hope it's definitely as solid as 32 right now, it was atrocious the other day

Is rrog essential as it was previously?

For some builds, yes. There are so many specialized legendaries that you want to get in as many as you can. Removing a set item can help out a ton.

Are there enough people on in the GAF guild to do split bounty runs for it? Or

Xeteh

Still don't have a Sacred Harvester. I'm up to PL371 and I've spent practically all my DBs on it. This game is rude.

Lanrutcon

Still don't have a Sacred Harvester. I'm up to PL371 and I've spent practically all my DBs on it. This game is rude.

Bracers. I'll settle for Strongarm or Nemesis. At this point I spend all my shards and all my resources rolling and upgrading rare bracers. I haven't even found crappy ones yet.

I'm PL291 :(

Fonds

I'm pretty much at the point where I have every item I need for my build.

Now I'm looking for an ancient Johanna's for my crusader hammer build.
The game is giving me stacks of Ancient Flails, just not the right one.

It's crazy since I'm just plvl 320 or something. Earliest I've ever hit that point of the game before.

h3ro

This new generator Grenades build for DH is kinda boring. I'd rather just stick with vanilla Multishot which I feel is still the fastest DH build for farming. So much screen coverage per shot.

This new generator Grenades build for DH is kinda boring. I'd rather just stick with vanilla Multishot which I feel is still the fastest DH build for farming. So much screen coverage per shot.

That was my bread and butter for so long. I'm trying out monk this season and while it's fun.... I just miss clearing everything in sight with a few multishots, vaulting, and doing it all over again. Especially now that you can keep vengeance up 100% of the time.

It's also a super pain in the ass to get the necessary weapons for monk AND have them be ancient.

On that note, I've never tried rerolling legendaries before because of the mat cost. If you reroll a legendary, can it become an ancient? If you reroll an ancient, can it become non-ancient?

Lanrutcon

That was my bread and butter for so long. I'm trying out monk this season and while it's fun.... I just miss clearing everything in sight with a few multishots, vaulting, and doing it all over again. Especially now that you can keep vengeance up 100% of the time.

It's also a super pain in the ass to get the necessary weapons for monk AND have them be ancient.

On that note, I've never tried rerolling legendaries before because of the mat cost. If you reroll a legendary, can it become an ancient? If you reroll an ancient, can it become non-ancient?

Yes, yes.

aravuus

I've been playing a multishot DH since yesterday and I've been loving it.

What's a good site for builds? I want to decide what items I'll start aiming for, I'm getting bored of grinding aimlessly.

Schnauzer

I just got Diablo 3 on PS4 (does this have a pro patch?).

Is it just me or is the console version much easier? I like the ability to play locally. That's the reason why we got it. I actually prefer the console controls, they feel natural...

It just seems to make the game to easy. Which is good my partner sucks at games, and is enjoying it.

Baliis

Is it just me or is the console version much easier? I like the ability to play locally. That's the reason why we got it. I actually prefer the console controls, they feel natural...

It just seems to make the game to easy. Which is good my partner sucks at games, and is enjoying it.

What difficulty are you on? Pretty much anything below torment is a cake walk at low levels. There's like 17 difficulty levels now so you can mess with it quite a bit.

Yes.

In reply to the underlined, it's just you. In response to the bolded, I, too, love the console controls better than the PC's. Granted, they both have their pros and cons, but I find the controller gives the game a much more "action game" feel. And I also love the different camera angle on the console. It makes going back to the PC jarring and leaves me wondering how I thought the PC camera was okay for so long. Haha!

Audioboxer

Juggling my alts and trying to decide between WD, DH and Wizard :( I take it they're all doing pretty good end game? Blizzard are usually good with game balance. I pretty much just play solo.

Top Bottom