• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Most of the times, set bonusses are more important than pure stat increases.

This. The minor damage or toughness increases from non-set items mean jack monkey squat. The set bonuses are EXTREMELY powerful most of the time. The worst rolled set items for my monk would still be 10x more effective than the best rolled non-set items.

Right now I'm only able to clear GR 50 with my monk. Paragon 386. Hardly any ancient items and 0 gift drops so far, so my weapons are a bit subpar. I could probably take on a few GR levels higher but then I run into issues. Like death. Frequent death.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/83559578

I could also use better rings. Why does obsidian ring of the zodiac have such shit default rolls? I'm not sure I'd fare much better with RoRGs either.

Fonds

This. The minor damage or toughness increases from non-set items mean jack monkey squat. The set bonuses are EXTREMELY powerful most of the time. The worst rolled set items for my monk would still be 10x more effective than the best rolled non-set items.

Right now I'm only able to clear GR 50 with my monk. Paragon 386. Hardly any ancient items and 0 gift drops so far, so my weapons are a bit subpar. I could probably take on a few GR levels higher but then I run into issues. Like death. Frequent death.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/83559578

I could also use better rings. Why does obsidian ring of the zodiac have such shit default rolls? I'm not sure I'd fare much better with RoRGs either.

You could change the emeralds for diamonds. That'll help massively with survivability.

Chris R

I had 13 things following me around last night on my witch doctor, it was a ton of fun.

Is there a faster way to level up though? I'm level 36 just started act 2 on Hard (thinking of bumping the difficulty even more though since everything so far was cake)

Justin

I just started playing again after not playing in a few years and on my first greater rift got the off hand that spams your other spells when you use disintegrate I feel like a god now raining non-stop fire from the skies and black holes everywhere.

Xanathus

I had 13 things following me around last night on my witch doctor, it was a ton of fun.

Is there a faster way to level up though? I'm level 36 just started act 2 on Hard (thinking of bumping the difficulty even more though since everything so far was cake)

You level way faster doing rifts or even bounties in Adventure mode, though you should do the story mode once if you haven't before.

Chris R

You level way faster doing rifts or even bounties in Adventure mode, though you should do the story mode once if you haven't before.

I've done it three or four times, never on this save on my PS4 though :( Guess I should just run as fast as possible through the campaign to unlock stuff.

You could change the emeralds for diamonds. That'll help massively with survivability.

That's not a bad call.

I could also switch out my cool down reduction gem for resource reduction. I'm not sure how much transcendence is helping me so I may swap that out for another passive as well. I just figure I could use all the healing I can get.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
WIth pretty much all of the sets, they'll be most effective with the last (6 piece) bonus effect.

If you've got a full set you wont have any trouble clearing up to Torment VI .

And not to sound like an obnoxious dick, but you're probably mistaking pure stat increases or decreases for 'better items'.
Often the bonusses aren't factored into the dmg output or toughness increase. It's good to keep that in mind.
Most of the times, set bonusses are more important than pure stat increases.

ok thanks :) i will wait until i get the last 2 pieces and see how i get on with it.

For a Witch Doctor's survivability, which Paragon point is more important, Resist All or Armor?

Right now I'm super squishy, but my damage is outstanding. Which doesn't help much when I get rocked so hard.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
omg if i am expected to do rifts then please make sure they don't bug out. i can't access the next level because when i click on the door the screen kinda just flashes black and nothing changes. i need to take a break.

apart from reaching lvl 20 grift all i have to do is kill some enemies at T4. i'm doing ok at T2 right now.

For a Witch Doctor's survivability, which Paragon point is more important, Resist All or Armor?

Right now I'm super squishy, but my damage is outstanding. Which doesn't help much when I get rocked so hard.

As an intelligence class armor affixes will usually outperform resist all affixes. With paragon it is a little muddier as the armor is increasing by a % and the all resist by an actual value.

If your damage is good you probably have decent main stat so paragon armor will most likely be better. You can always reset to try both.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Argh, I did a season rebirth on a character for that level 1 thing and didn't get the pet. Guess it needs to be a totally new character.

Snagret

Screenshot_2017_01_13_23_40_59_1.png

When are we supposed to be getting the new class? For some reason I was under the impression it was coming alongside the January event, but it seems like that is not the case

Syf

Banned
Just leveled a gem only to use it to augment the same ancient piece twice. Adventures of the exhausted gamer

Just put it on normal and apply some paragon points for super-easy mode if you want. Hellfire and L25 gem of ease would be overkill.

I used Hellfire amulet, gem of ease and around 400 paragon points. Started on T6 and was level 60-something by the time I got to the end, it was pretty funny.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i feel like i'm stuck. i'm on chapter IV of the season and just have to do stuff at torment IV. currently i'm trying to do the greater rift level 20 but i just can't beat the timer. i do fine up until the guardian appears and i can't kill it in time. all the loot i'm picking up is weaker than what i already have. how am i meant to become more powerful now? should i just keep doing normal rifts/bounties?

i feel like i'm stuck. i'm on chapter IV of the season and just have to do stuff at torment IV. currently i'm trying to do the greater rift level 20 but i just can't beat the timer. i do fine up until the guardian appears and i can't kill it in time. all the loot i'm picking up is weaker than what i already have. how am i meant to become more powerful now? should i just keep doing normal rifts/bounties?

Just do what you can do, it's not a race. Prioritize completing a 6-piece set with your blood shards. Once you have a 6-piece, T4 will be a total joke. Look for build on icy veins if you're struggling with that aspect, the leveling and fresh 70 character guides are useful. Maybe link your bnet profile, we can look at your character and give suggestions.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Just do what you can do, it's not a race. Prioritize completing a 6-piece set with your blood shards. Once you have a 6-piece, T4 will be a total joke. Look for build on icy veins if you're struggling with that aspect, the leveling and fresh 70 character guides are useful. Maybe link your bnet profile, we can look at your character and give suggestions.

i found a build. what a difference that made! killed all the keywardens/mathael and did the greater rift with plenty of time to spare. the amount of damage i'm doing now is crazy. that's me done all 4 chapters in the season.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You Have Got To Be Fucking Kidding Me.

I'm playing Crusader this season and really enjoying it so far, the Invoker set with thorns is interesting. SO, doing my season journey, I'm up to the part where I need to complete my set dungeon. I find the Invoker set dungeon pillar which is just right outside the door from New Tristram, that's literally the easiest and most convenient set dungeon location ever, lol. So I look at the completion criteria, and I'm thinking to myself "well that doesn't sound too bad". I changed out Provoke for Consecration because the dungeon requires it, and I entered for the first time ever to do a practice run and get a feel for it.

And I Mastered the set dungeon. Not just completed the basic requirements, I Fucking Mastered it, completing ALL requirements. With half a minute to spare. ON MY FIRST TIME EVER IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!

What have I been doing all of these previous seasons? I've struggled and fought with so many other set dungeon masteries for other classes but I've never been able to master one before, so I've never gotten a stash tab yet. The Crusader Invoker is so incredibly simple by comparison, what kind of balance is that? Holy Shit....

Welp, on the plus side, looks like I just might get my first ever stash tab this season!

I also mastered the Towering Light set dungeon on my first ever run through it. To be fair I was extremely overpowered for it but compared to the nightmare that was the wizard set dungeons, I was glad to get it over with.

LogicStep

I also mastered the Towering Light set dungeon on my first ever run through it. To be fair I was extremely overpowered for it but compared to the nightmare that was the wizard set dungeons, I was glad to get it over with.

I just looked this up and... wow they have added so much to this game. There's dungeons based on sets? wtf!!??

Xanathus

They're just little challenge runs, there's no reason to do them other than achievements/season journey. There's no loot or anything.

The notable reward for mastering every single one of them is a set of cosmetic dragon wings which is pretty cool but super annoying to do. I only have a few dungeons left but can't be arsed to finish them off because they're also the most annoying ones to master.

One thing I'm worried about is if they will require you to also master the Necromancer set dungeons to achieve those wings when Necromancer is added in.

LogicStep

They're just little challenge runs, there's no reason to do them other than achievements/season journey. There's no loot or anything.

Oh.. well it's still something to do I guess. I was hoping for a cool reward.

The notable reward for mastering every single one of them is a set of cosmetic dragon wings which is pretty cool but super annoying to do. I only have a few dungeons left but can't be arsed to finish them off because they're also the most annoying ones to master.

One thing I'm worried about is if they will require you to also master the Necromancer set dungeons to achieve those wings when Necromancer is added in.

Oh well that's something to work towards.

Tendo

I just want to get the stash tab so I think I have to do two conquests? What are the two easiest to do with a firebird archon wizard?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I finished Chapter IV of the season and now have my 6 piece set. The rewards for continuing the season is just more portrait frames and an extra Stash tab...not really worth it right? Frames are just cosmetic and I already have 3 stash tabs. I have 57m gold so I could buy more tabs if needed. I don't get it why the rewards are so poor.

Started playing RoS again after 2+ years. Damn I forgot how addictive this game was.

On PS4, how do you do the set dungeons? I found Kanai's cube, the Vault and the Not Cow level on my own but can't seem to locate the set dungeons?

My crusader can solo torment 8-9(GR40) and my new barbarian can do torment 3-4 (GR21). If anyone is looking to team up on PS4, feel free to add me.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

For the butcher pet you have to enter the labyrinth at level 1.

Argh, I did a season rebirth on a character for that level 1 thing and didn't get the pet. Guess it needs to be a totally new character.

I got it with a rebirth. Some say no exp before entering the portal. Also I didn't allocate any paragon.

You have to start it with a fresh character. You can be higher than level 1 when you enter the portal, that doesn't matter. Paragon points, gear, etc...they don't matter for the butcher pet.

I went in with level 3 barb (fresh char) and got the pet.

I did it with a WD last weekend. Didn't take more than 2 hours, though I did make it a point to clear every floor. Finished at level 28 or so, and I never ported back to town.

Maybe I'll try WD. I was going to do Crusader, but my season 9 character is a Crusader and I made the mistake of not going to DoT immediately :/

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i've managed to do up to Torment VII but might stick with VI.

it's just that the season challenges require me to be at VII but i'm dying so much. the rifts i can do fine but i'm struggling with the challenges. the set dungeon feels impossible i have no idea how i am meant to do that. i have to kill about 300 enemies without fatal damage, kill 30 enemies with the meteor that revives me, ignite/kill 20 enemies in 3 seconds 6 times, and i have a time limit of about 4 minutes to do it all. i can't even do it outside the time limit and it's required to fulfil the challenge requirements.

Lain

Set challenge can become very frustrating without certain items (I'm guessing it's the firebird one). Stuff like Orb of Infinite Depth, the ring and amulet set The Compass Rose+The Traveler's Pledge, Halo of Arlyse are some of the items which make doing it way easier.

Nerix

Trying to get the Protector of Tristram achievement. How can you reset the dungeon, when the required monsters are not inside? Just four are missing, unfortunately in Dungeon 9, 10, and 14...

Top Bottom