• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Jinroh

Getting RORG has been a pain in the ass for me every single season, talking like astronomically bad luck, 20+ T1 legendaries and no RORG. This season? First T1 bounties I did at 70. And I wasn't even really going for it. Go figure.
Same here, the first two legendary rings I found were ring of royal grandeur and convention of elements... I still can't believe it judging from past experience.

Closing in on 400 P levels, still looking for that Convention tho!

The RNG in this game is amazing - I'm Paragon 550 or so, multiple ancient CoEs but not a single unity and it took me so many bounty runs to get rorg. Now I'm trying to gamble for Little Rogue and it's slow going.

Also, I've decided I hate Gen monk so I'm going to only play zdps monk with my wd buddy and I rolled a crusader for solo pushing. WoL monk is so much fun for speed farming, though! Just can't get past GR60 with that build for some reason.

Paragon 300.... 0 gifts so far.

For some reason I was dropping at least once per day on my non-season character. Now I'm not getting shit :(

Syf

Banned
I got one gift and I'm scared to use it on anything less than a perfect ancient roll because these things never drop for me

So any recommendations for a toon to roll for this season? Any particular class looking good?

Would rather not play Wizard, Crusader or DH but I will if one of them is really strong again. A bit burnt out on them.

Finally decided to get back into D3 with this season. Got my Sunwuko's set via HG, but in the grind to get Kyoshiro's Soul (over 300 belt purchases from Kadala, plenty of Goldwraps but no KS), I opted for the full set of Inna's Mantra that I wound up accumulating.

By which I mean I had six Inna's belts, so I cubed the set until I had every piece I needed. Wound up getting an RoRG on my first go through (pure luck) and a CoE (level 69, sadly) early on, too.

At this point I'm having more fun with the game than I ever thought I would. Never thought I'd be cruising through T10, and here I am. The game is just so damn fun to play again.

LCGeek

formerly sane
So any recommendations for a toon to roll for this season? Any particular class looking good?

Would rather not play Wizard, Crusader or DH but I will if one of them is really strong again. A bit burnt out on them.

Wizard and Monk are in a pretty good spot right now.

I'm rolling with firebats witch doctor, zbarb, and zmonk.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
the game still stutters and has frame drops for me on the 64bit client despite installing the hot fix. my PC really shouldn't be struggling with this.

anyway how do i get someone to powerlvl me to 70? at this point i just need as much gold as possible and to get to at least lvl 50

Lanrutcon

the game still stutters and has frame drops for me on the 64bit client despite installing the hot fix. my PC really shouldn't be struggling with this.

anyway how do i get someone to powerlvl me to 70? at this point i just need as much gold as possible and to get to at least lvl 50

If you're on PC and in the GAF clan, just ask in chat. Myself and others peeps powerlevel to 70 in like, 20 minutes.

Foxxsoxx

So I played this back when it came out on PS3 and after beating the game never gave it another shot. It was really mediocre in every way and I had no reason to want to finish the end game.

Coming back now with the PS4 version and holy hell I'm having way more fun than I ever did back in the day.

I decided to try a monk out and am really loving how he plays, much more than I did the demon hunter. I'm only level 38 on Act 2 right now, but I might actually do end-game now. Is there any word on consoles getting seasons? That'd really add some incentive besides also trying the D1 event.

Fonds

Yup. Gold is kinda of "meh" tho. Almost a worthless resources. Only thing you use it for is gems, and you don't need more than a dozen of those.

You'll burn through it if you use the 'empowerd' rifts though.
Thought I don't really see the incentive to spend that much cash on a single extra gem upgrade roll.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm on chapter 3 now in the season. just need to get a bounty cache for acts 3,4,5. the last objective is to extract a legendary power into the cube but i've never done that before. i really don't know how it works.

Lanrutcon

i'm on chapter 3 now in the season. just need to get a bounty cache for acts 3,4,5. the last objective is to extract a legendary power into the cube but i've never done that before. i really don't know how it works.

Super simple.

Take 1 of each Bounty material, 5 Death's Breath and a legendary with an ability to the cube. The legendary gets obliterated, and the power gets absorbed into the cube at the max it can roll. You can then equip the power from the cube.

Get used to doing it, is all I'm going to say.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Decided to roll a Barb this season! Only got to level 20 or so because I was drinking an 18% ABV stout in conjunction and got very tired...

Currently eyeing a Whirlwind build as the one I'd like to gear toward. Spin2win sounds kind of fun right now!

Fonds

Decided to roll a Barb this season! Only got to level 20 or so because I was drinking an 18% ABV stout in conjunction and got very tired...

Currently eyeing a Whirlwind build as the one I'd like to gear toward. Spin2win sounds kind of fun right now!

Spin2win can be fun, but it's also a bit repetitive. If you're aiming to play with more of those 18% stouts it might be the perfect build though, not much too manage besides your right mouse button ;)

The bun-barian (bunny hop earthquake set) is also pretty fun at the moment if you're looking for a change!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Does every character gain access to all legendary gems? I've been to a million greater rifts and still haven't gotten a Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver. I have 18 total gems out of the 20 that seem to be made for the game. Is that max for me and I'm screwed or will I have to level a second character up?

That doesn't sound right. Every greater rift boss drops a gem until you have all of them, and then no more drop. If you are missing one, it generally means it is socketed in a piece of gear in your stash or something.

BigDug13

That doesn't sound right. Every greater rift boss drops a gem until you have all of them, and then no more drop. If you are missing one, it generally means it is socketed in a piece of gear in your stash or something.

Yeah I finished another greater rift and it shows up. I just can't find it lol.

Starting a new character sucks. I realized I don't have a crusader at 70 so I made a seasonal one and no matter the difficulty or game type there's just no active games, for a level 1.

I guess there's powerleveling but like hell do I know how to find someone to help with that. LFG chat was no help

Lanrutcon

Starting a new character sucks. I realized I don't have a crusader at 70 so I made a seasonal one and no matter the difficulty or game type there's just no active games, for a level 1.

I guess there's powerleveling but like hell do I know how to find someone to help with that. LFG chat was no help

PC? cause we canz sort you right out.

Bombless

I'm stuck with my Wizard around Rift 30 because I can't get a fucking 5th piece of Firebird's for the life of me. Not in drops, not in gambling. It's driving me crazy.

I got a Deathwish right before I logged off so maybe that will help out a bit but otherwise I'm basically stalled with damage. Will also need to level up the +damage on rift guardian damage. Watch me do that and then magically find the piece I lack, lol.

All in all i'm pretty happy with this season but it's probably mostly because I skipped the last one.

If I may be so bold as to request an invite for the PC GAF clan, RexGriswold#1478. Most of the people I played with have quit it seems.

Thank you!

8byte

Banned
Just to be sure I don't miss anything in the January event. This is all the content right?

1) Soul Stone (or whatever it's called) legendaey gem
2) Soul Stone transmog
3) Butcher transmog
4) Cultist pages

Is there anything else?

Bombless

Just to be sure I don't miss anything in the January event. This is all the content right?

2) Soul Stone transmog
3) Butcher transmog
4) Cultist pages

Is there anything else?

If you do the content with a level 1 character you also get a Lil Butcher pet.

2) Soul Stone transmog
3) Butcher transmog
4) Cultist pages

Is there anything else?

• Kill all unique enemies for a portrait frame
  • Do the black mushrooms sidequest for the Royal Calf pet
  • Complete the event with a level 1 character for the Butcher pet

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So i now have 4/6 pieces of my haedrigs gift set. I equipped what I had but 3/4 of them had lower stats making me weaker than the random pieces I had on already. What is the point in playing to unlock these sets if what I already have is more powerful?

I seen that once I have all 6 pieces it will increase power by 120%. So do I really need to have the full set to get most out them? What level of difficulty will I play at with them? I am still on master now but I will be moving up 1 or 2 levels as i am completely destroying every enemy.

Fonds

So i now have 4/6 pieces of my haedrigs gift set. I equipped what I had but 3/4 of them had lower stats making me weaker than the random pieces I had on already. What is the point in playing to unlock these sets if what I already have is more powerful?

I seen that once I have all 6 pieces it will increase power by 120%. So do I really need to have the full set to get most out them? What level of difficulty will I play at with them? I am still on master now but I will be moving up 1 or 2 levels as i am completely destroying every enemy.

WIth pretty much all of the sets, they'll be most effective with the last (6 piece) bonus effect.

If you've got a full set you wont have any trouble clearing up to Torment VI .

And not to sound like an obnoxious dick, but you're probably mistaking pure stat increases or decreases for 'better items'.
Often the bonusses aren't factored into the dmg output or toughness increase. It's good to keep that in mind.
Most of the times, set bonusses are more important than pure stat increases.

Just started playing on pc from console. Requested to join GAF clan if possible. Add me on bnet Mrthirsty#1460. Most my friends are overwatch so could use some diablo ones.

Just hit level 70 last night and looking to gear up now.

Top Bottom