• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

RS4-

Trying to get the Protector of Tristram achievement. How can you reset the dungeon, when the required monsters are not inside? Just four are missing, unfortunately in Dungeon 9, 10, and 14...

Is that the d1 dungeon?

Have to keep on running them lol, straight to those levels and hope for the best.

Nerix

Is that the d1 dungeon?

Have to keep on running them lol, straight to those levels and hope for the best.
Yes, D1 dungeon. I know, but when the monsters are not inside you want to reset and hope for the next run. I figured it out, you just have to quit the game to the character select screen.

Chris R

I was fooling around with the idea of a WD LoN pet swarm build. Even without a Sacred Harvester there is nothing close to Lakumba’s for bracers.

Pet Swarm is probably the name for what I'm doing with my current build. Only died a single time all game lol (frozen + lava + plague, no bueno) Didn't hit 70 by the end of the game (68.5) but I hit it half way through act 1 again on torment.

Now to decide what to do since I've "beaten" the game on this save and have a 70+ to play around with.

Zakalwe

Banned
Playing the game for the first time on ps4. Currently a DH level 20. Feel free to add me if you're looking for newbie games.

-

Is there anything I need to be aware of? Currently just running through the campaign. I finish this then move on to adventure mode?

I know we're not getting seasons on console till s10, but do I need to rush to make sure I get anything?

Questions...

The game is really fun so far, I did play the demo a while ago on PC and the controller game feels more fun somehow. I really love how they made it work for console.

Ayumi

Hey guys. It sure has been a while since I last posted in this thread, let alone play the game. I was thinking of trying out season 9.

Which class is "everyone" playing this season? What should I stick with for high solo GR?

My favorite class has always been Wizard. How viable is that this season?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Playing the game for the first time on ps4. Currently a DH level 20. Feel free to add me if you're looking for newbie games.

-

Is there anything I need to be aware of? Currently just running through the campaign. I finish this then move on to adventure mode?

I know we're not getting seasons on console till s10, but do I need to rush to make sure I get anything?

Questions...

The game is really fun so far, I did play the demo a while ago on PC and the controller game feels more fun somehow. I really love how they made it work for console.

once you finish all 5 acts you will unlock adventure mode. as for seasons there is nothing you need except to reach adventure mode i think. when you start the season you create a completely new character and start from scratch. you don't need to play through the campaign again. you can start off in adventure mode.

i do also own it on PS4 and i agree that playing with a controller is fun and comfortable. i'm considering reinstalling it when season 10 is about to start so i can play on both PS4/PC.

Took my 1 week old barbarian from torment 3 to torment 10!

Solo'ed a rift in 5 mins and got increased blood shard capacity - 900. What's the max and how to get it?

Also my stash size is 350, anyway to increase it more than than?

Love playing with the controller.

Joined your game earlier, if you need some power leveling I can help out.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
this game is actually so addictive. i got frustrated yesterday and uninstalled it but now it's back on my PC lol. i have to tell myself to stop playing or i would just spend all day on it.

all it took was one simple skill change that helped me complete the set dungeon. now i've only got 3 more objectives left in Slayer. need to get a legendary gem to lvl 25 (at 12 right now) which should be easy enough. do a lvl 30 grift which i think i should manage. finally fill 3 kanai cube slots. i've done 2 so far i just need to get a couple materials and find a legendary weapon to transmute.

Am I the only one that has never been able to complete the "death's embrace" bounty in Westmark Heights? You need to destroy 3 Death Orbs, but the game has only ever spawned 2 of them. Completely fucks up my bonus bounty runs....

Nerix

So, finally got all the bonus items from the anniversary event (http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide).

For anyone who is wondering, why you can't equip the new portrait frames on consoles:
Hey all,

With Patch 2.4.3, some of you may have noticed that you earned a portrait frame by completing certain achievements associated with the Darkening of Tristram event. However, there isn't currently a way to access or change your portrait frames on consoles.

This is a known issue, and we are adding support for these portrait frames (as well as others) in the same patch that Seasons will launch on consoles. Once that patch goes live, any portrait frames you have previously earned as of Patch 2.4.3 and onward will be accessible/able to be equipped.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and look forward to bringing Seasons (and more) to you soon!
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752609978#post-1

Cantaloup

The only thing you need to rush for is the Diablo 1 event, which is only available in January. The Icy Veins website has a guide to the event that shows what needs to be done. It takes maybe about 3 or 4 hours for everything, depending on luck.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I feel comfortable on TVII now. Haven't really upgraded my gear in a while though. How am I meant to move up difficulty now? I am levelling up some legendary gems and I understand I should look for ancient items?

If I just keep following the season objectives should I progress by doing so? I mean will attaching legendary gems and having 3 powers in the cube and not to mention all the additional paragon points help get me to the next difficulty?

As for paragon points, on their own would they let me move up even if my gear changes little or not at all? I'm at lvl 105 right now.

Got 4 left on Guardian. One is the Cube thingie. Going to need an Envious Blade for the 350 chest.

Solo'ed a rift in 5 mins and got increased blood shard capacity - 900. What's the max and how to get it?

You BS capacity increases based on the maximum level of Grift you can solo. IIRC it is 10 shards added to the max for every new level.

I feel comfortable on TVII now. Haven't really upgraded my gear in a while though. How am I meant to move up difficulty now? I am levelling up some legendary gems and I understand I should look for ancient items?

If I just keep following the season objectives should I progress by doing so? I mean will attaching legendary gems and having 3 powers in the cube and not to mention all the additional paragon points help get me to the next difficulty?

As for paragon points, on their own would they let me move up even if my gear changes little or not at all? I'm at lvl 105 right now.

Gear, paragon, legendary gems, and augments are where you get stronger. Paragon will help a lot with options like Area Damage and the defensive options keeping you alive. If you find gear and legendary affixes that have a good synergy then you will get a big boost.

One thing you can do is look at all the available legendary affixes at the Kanai Cube. Even if you have not unlocked them yet you can mouse over them to see what they are. It may clue you in to a really good item that would fit your playstyle.

Some of the later season objectives will probably require a temporary change to your build or assistance to accomplish but they are a good way to learn additional mechanics.

I haven't played this game in a while.

What's the difference between a Nephalem Rift and a Greater Rift?

Do they take about the same amount of time to complete? Do either of them cost anything anymore? What should I be spending my time on in this game as far as endgame goes?

Xeteh

I remember reading people having issues of putting a stack of materials in to the Cube and the cube eating all of them in the stack but it had never happened to me until just now. Lost all my forgotten souls. :(

I haven't played this game in a while.

What's the difference between a Nephalem Rift and a Greater Rift?

Do they take about the same amount of time to complete? Do either of them cost anything anymore? What should I be spending my time on in this game as far as endgame goes?

Nephalem Rifts don't require keys anymore and they're based off of the difficulty of your game. You can get loot from trash/elites as well as death breaths but the rift guardian drops fewer blood shards/loot than Greater Rift guardians do. You get the Greater Rift Keystones from the rift guardians in normal rifts, though.

Greater Rifts scale a lot higher in difficulty than normal rifts but you get no loot from normal mobs/elites it all comes from the Rift Guardian. They drop the legendary gems and a ton of loot (on higher levels) and more blood shards than you'd get out of a normal rift. If you want to push your GRift progression then you'll spend more time in them than normal rifts.

I only really do normal rifts if I want/need Death's Breaths otherwise I do GRifts.

Bombless

Hey guys. It sure has been a while since I last posted in this thread, let alone play the game. I was thinking of trying out season 9.

Which class is "everyone" playing this season? What should I stick with for high solo GR?

My favorite class has always been Wizard. How viable is that this season?

Wizard is given Firebird's for season chapters completion. I got it on the EU side, it works relatively fine (assuming you don't get my bad luck with completing the set, was stuck at 4/6 for AGES). It melts rift bosses super fast but has a bit more trouble on the trash. I've also completed a Crusader and Barb set. Thorns is fun but I got bored of it super quick, the barb leap/quake set is hilarious.

Dunno how the Monk works this season and I had a DH almost every previous season I played so I completely skipped them this season.

Can't really comment on high GR though, I'm a filthy casual.

Ultratech

Dunno how the Monk works this season and I had a DH almost every previous season I played so I completely skipped them this season.

Monks get Sunwuko (Monkey King). Depending on the the gear you nab, you can go for a Wave of Light or Lashing Tail Kick build.

I managed to make the WoL set, and it's pretty awesome being able to just AoE nuke stuff from range.

What's the best way to increase toughness on a Barb, all resistance?

I can solo GR 50 rifts but I get one shot by an elite than has molten or arcane if I get hit :(

The all resist affix or diamonds for the non-intelligence classes like Barb. The Barb shout that adds armor and dodge is also good. Esoteric alteration is far and away the best legendary defensive gem.

If you are WW Barb you probably want the Ignore Pain skill.

Yup I'm running the Wastes set with WW atm, and yes using Ignore pain with Cassius belt that extends the duration. I don't have that gem yet, will try to get one asap.

accx

Anyone that can hook me up with the cultist's pages?
I'm on EU, online now!
lain#2907

EDIT:
Nvm, i just got them!

Wimps

-

Questions...

I'll add you, what's your tag? Mine is Wimpsyay. Started playing yesterday so not that high yet.

Does the story get any better? Not impressed so far. At least slaying feels pretty awesome.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
made a few tweaks to my gear. best grift i've done yet is lvl 30 in just under 9 minutes. i only have 1 objective left in Slayer and that's to get a legendary gem to lvl 25. it's currently at 20.

Bombless

Man, Leapquake is so OP. Turns out I was able to breeze to GR50 (and probably beyond) with the 6p bonus and the Blade of the Tribes. The set defensive bonus is really strong when coupled with the dodge rune defensive shout.

Now I need to boost my defensive gems and decide on an offensive one.

Sunwuko monk set is crazy good. Made jumping into higher level greater rifts quite easy. But I've played almost exclusively monk and WD in the past, so I'm thinking I might transition to a class I've never really played.

Any opinions on the state of DH or barbarian? I'm never going to be pushing high end rifts. Mainly want something that can farm quickly, rush others through content, and maybe help me finish my last three season goals. I'd be playing either whirlwind or multishot, most likely.

Jaykay

Got my two conquests (50 mil gold streak and 45+ solo rift with no set pieces, both on hardcore) done tonight. The only thing that's now hilariously keeping me from my stash tab is the 5 min T13 rift since I played a tank build.

Any opinions on the state of DH or barbarian? I'm never going to be pushing high end rifts. Mainly want something that can farm quickly, rush others through content, and maybe help me finish my last three season goals. I'd be playing either whirlwind or multishot, most likely.

The WW barb is the fastest solo farming T10+ imo.

I used this build guide as reference:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85723-s9-whirlwind-gr90

I'm only paragon 300 and using a one week old barbarian but went from T3 to T10 with this build overnight. Normal rifts at T10 I can clear in 5 mins, GR 50+ speed farm in 7 mins.

Hey all. I just returned from Season 5. Been a while. Is it possible for a witchdoctor to complete the Curses! conquest? I don't really want to roll another class this season just to complete 3 conquests for the season journey. Also, can you play in a group and earn the curses conquest? Thanks

Foxxsoxx

Just played the D1 event with a level 1 barb on Master.

That was fun as fuck. Is it weird that I vastly prefer the graphics of the event more so than the main game? It just looks so cool to me, all I want is more blood pixelated blood effects.

Anyway I finished the game with my monk, do I just start doing bounties and neph rifts until I'm decently geared?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Kanai's cube is so evil. I tried to reforge the stats of my ancient set gear and it made them normal set :(

Well, yeah, you obviously didn't read the fine print. That recipe would be too OP. I can't tell you how many times I've rerolled my fists for my monk. They almost never became ancient, and even when they did, the rerolls were abysmal. There's a 10% chance for a reroll to give you an ancient, btw.

Well, yeah, you obviously didn't read the fine print. That recipe would be too OP. I can't tell you how many times I've rerolled my fists for my monk. They almost never became ancient, and even when they did, the rerolls were abysmal. There's a 10% chance for a reroll to give you an ancient, btw.

I'm fine with the 10% chance but why re-roll my ancient back to normal? :(

I'm on PS4 and it doesn't say anywhere that it can make ancient items normal. Had to wiki that after I lost my ancient :/

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the advices.

Love playing with the controller.

Joined your game earlier, if you need some power leveling I can help out.

Thanks for the gift man. This game has its hooks in me, I'll see you when I'm 70!

I'll add you, what's your tag? Mine is Wimpsyay. Started playing yesterday so not that high yet.

Does the story get any better? Not impressed so far. At least slaying feels pretty awesome.

Psn: astropoff

I'm level 38.

The story is generic as hell /but/ it has its tongue firmly in its cheek. The latter saves it from being dull, and some of the cutscenes are pretty good. For me it's good enough to help push the gameplay.

Maledict

The story is quite literally one of the worst in gaming. It makes zero sense, has ludicrously bad cartoon villains, and is intent on thrusting the fucking awful stories from the books into the main game (count how many times you hear the word 'nephalim').

It doesn't get better. It gets worse at each stage. It's a log flume of shit that ends in hell.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i just finished the slayer chapter of the season. i was able to do a lvl 30 (t7) greater rift in under 5 minutes but the champion chapter is wanting me to go up to t10 now! i set it to that to see how i did but i am dying way too often. how am i meant to deal with this?

i just finished the slayer chapter of the season. i was able to do a lvl 30 (t7) greater rift in under 5 minutes but the champion chapter is wanting me to go up to t10 now! i set it to that to see how i did but i am dying way too often. how am i meant to deal with this?

Better items. More paragon levels. Item Augments. Just beef up.

this is my current set up

what's the best way to get better items? rifts, greater rifts, bounties, kadala, cube? what are augments?

The first thing that jumps out at me is your item rerolls, namely: they are terrible. Your weapon doesn't have a socket, which is a HUGE DPS loss. You want to roll Vitality off for a socket and put a +130% crit damage gem in there. You already fucked your gloves for thorns damage for some reason, gloves should have: mainstat, Crit chance, crit damage, whatever. You want crit chance on your helmet. amulets and rings should be devoted to damage stats as much as possible while having sockets, there can be a lot of RNG involved there, but especially on amulet, 100% CD and 10% CC is huge. The exception to this is that some legendary or set effects from jewelry are so desirable that they supercede whatever DPS gain you might get from other stats, so you might keep, say, a poorly rolled Compass Rose. Generally you don't want movement speed on boots, you want to get 25% movement speed from paragon. You're also gemming for Vitality, which you should never do. Gems should be All resistance or mainstat, except possibly in the helmet, but usually you want cooldown reduction in the helmet.

Since you have full Firebirds, I recommend following this guide, at the least it will give you a better idea of what goals to shoot for, how to prioritize rerolls, etc. http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-firebird-archon-build-patch-2-4-3-season-9

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Please do something about The Cursed Peat spawn rate Blizz.

It wasn't coming up for me in adventure mode, so I switched to campaign and it showed up a few times in just a handful of tries.

I tried game jumping last night to get The Cursed Peat bounty in Act V, and after like half an hour of trying it never came up once. I wonder if Blizzard disabled the bounty or something? Either that or it's just a super low chance of spawning, which blows.

I didn't try campaign mode though, just looked for bounties in adventure mode. Maybe tonight I'll give campaign mode a shot.

I already managed to do the ”GR45 with no set items" conquest, which let me tell you was very hard as a thorns crusader, without the 6-pc Invoker bonus my killing speed was abysmal, but I managed one run and barely made it in time, so victory!

My Invoker Crusader so far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/43913254

He does pretty good, I'm up to GR59 now and theres still room to climb some yet. I now need a Traveler's Plegde amulet plus an Arkhan's Awakening shield, and then I'll work for ancient set pieces for all six parts.

Kanai's cube is so evil. I tried to reforge the stats of my ancient set gear and it made them normal set :(

I gave up trying to get an ancient version of my weapon. I just spend thousands of resources upgrading rares hoping for one.... and every last bit of those bounty mats rerolling my current trying to get an ancient version. Not to mention heaps of blood shards.

Other than that, I got everything I wanted for my builds. Had fun. Just can't seem to progress any further. You win, Diablo. The grind for ancients has bested me.

The story is quite literally one of the worst in gaming. It makes zero sense, has ludicrously bad cartoon villains, and is intent on thrusting the fucking awful stories from the books into the main game (count how many times you hear the word 'nephalim').

It doesn't get better. It gets worse at each stage. It's a log flume of shit that ends in hell.
I can't really argue with any of this. However, I do think Act I and Act V are the best of the bunch.

I've got my Jade Harvester Witch Doctor doing GR60/T13 comfortably and I know I can push him higher. The Act bosses give me some trouble and I tend to avoid them. Man, is it ever a fun build to play, though.

In all my years of Diablo 3, coming and going, I never max leveled a Wizard. Well, I got my Wizard up to 70 last night, threw on some gear I had in the stash, and boom! 1bil damage straight outta the gates. And then I got super lucky and Hergbrash's Binding dropped for me. I can now cast Disintegrate non-stop and never worry about resources, with the build I'm running.

Which, by the way, I really wish I could link my console characters from the web, like PC players can.

The Ramaldani's gift, the one that adds a socket to any weapon - is it super rare? Have never gotten one and wondering if it has a higher drop rate from a particular activity?

Getting a free socket on a weapon without losing a primary attribute is amazing.

Which, by the way, I really wish I could link my console characters from the web, like PC players can.

Yup, the lack of support for console players is sad. Hoping seasons will change that.

I gave up trying to get an ancient version of my weapon. I just spend thousands of resources upgrading rares hoping for one.... and every last bit of those bounty mats rerolling my current trying to get an ancient version. Not to mention heaps of blood shards.

Other than that, I got everything I wanted for my builds. Had fun. Just can't seem to progress any further. You win, Diablo. The grind for ancients has bested me.

I've actually gotten many ancients from converting rares. Just RNG I guess.

I wanted to roll 'chance to freeze' on my belt, took me 20 million gold and hundreds of rolls to finally get it...that too with a lowish roll :(

I have no reusable parts now.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
The first thing that jumps out at me is your item rerolls, namely: they are terrible. Your weapon doesn't have a socket, which is a HUGE DPS loss. You want to roll Vitality off for a socket and put a +130% crit damage gem in there. You already fucked your gloves for thorns damage for some reason, gloves should have: mainstat, Crit chance, crit damage, whatever. You want crit chance on your helmet. amulets and rings should be devoted to damage stats as much as possible while having sockets, there can be a lot of RNG involved there, but especially on amulet, 100% CD and 10% CC is huge. The exception to this is that some legendary or set effects from jewelry are so desirable that they supercede whatever DPS gain you might get from other stats, so you might keep, say, a poorly rolled Compass Rose. Generally you don't want movement speed on boots, you want to get 25% movement speed from paragon. You're also gemming for Vitality, which you should never do. Gems should be All resistance or mainstat, except possibly in the helmet, but usually you want cooldown reduction in the helmet.

Since you have full Firebirds, I recommend following this guide, at the least it will give you a better idea of what goals to shoot for, how to prioritize rerolls, etc. http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-firebird-archon-build-patch-2-4-3-season-9

thanks for the advice. to be honest i had no clue what i was doing. i'm still learning :) i was actually thinking about putting a gem in my weapon so i will do that.

reading the build on that website is confusing. i didn't realise just how in depth this game is. i will learn though!

Top Bottom