• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Dunfisch

Sigh, Battle.net client can't login, nor does it work when attempting a manual login from in-game. EU servers just can't catch a break.

Lol haven't logged in in weeks, probably banned. I haven't heard of the exploit until now

If you can't login, see above. EU is experiencing login / game creation issues yet again. As for the exploit, if you haven't heard of it and haven't been on in weeks, there should be no reason you'd be banned. Probably just the borked servers denying you.

same here :( my luck is shit with weapons. keep getting ancients but the rolls aren't perfect >=(

I'd been saving my 2 Gifts for whenever I would get ancient weapons and when I finally managed to get an ancient Fist it ended up rolling with a natural socket; kind of funny that ancients are the one thing you don't want to roll with a socket since it's a 'wasted' attribute.

Ingeniero

I'd been saving my 2 Gifts for whenever I would get ancient weapons and when I finally managed to get an ancient Fist it ended up rolling with a natural socket; kind of funny that ancients are the one thing you don't want to roll with a socket since it's a 'wasted' attribute.
Well you can reroll the socket for +dmg or something and then use the gift right?

Well you can reroll the socket for +dmg or something and then use the gift right?

The point is you're going to use a gift to get a socket no matter what. So it's a wasted roll on the item because it's taking the place of another potentially beneficial affix and limiting your enchanting options. If it doesn't roll a socket then I get an extra chance at the properties I do want and more flexibility in deciding what to reroll.

eek5

This is my seasonal hero.

I can't beat the timer on GR15 yet so looking to see what I can do to improve. I figure I'm basically looking for good drops at this point and improving my Paragon but I'm open to feedback. =D

You need some legendaries that have effects like does 700% weapon dmg etc. on proc. Stuff like that will boost you into T3-5 range easily. Next, upgrade all your gems if you have the resources to do that. That extra STR is huge. For your helm you want to boost something else, probably CDR or health.. or xp.

There are probably better builds for the gear you have too but idk.

First thing I'd do is get bounty mats to cube legendaries which can boost your power level a lot (weapon, armor, jewlery procs) then try to work towards class sets.

For fresh starts I always try to focus on things that I have 100% control over. I.e. running low GR to get all the legendary gems I need, collecting mats (pick up items in rifts), getting cube mats to cube stuff, upgrading all my regular gems to max, upgrading my legendary gems. By the time I get that far I usually accumulate a couple class pieces or medium-tier legendaries that I can build around to farm whatever efficiently.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Or just get 6p and jump straight to t7 on most classes :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You need some legendaries that have effects like does 700% weapon dmg etc. on proc. Stuff like that will boost you into T3-5 range easily. Next, upgrade all your gems if you have the resources to do that. That extra STR is huge. For your helm you want to boost something else, probably CDR or health.. or xp.

There are probably better builds for the gear you have too but idk.

First thing I'd do is get bounty mats to cube legendaries which can boost your power level a lot (weapon, armor, jewlery procs) then try to work towards class sets.

For fresh starts I always try to focus on things that I have 100% control over. I.e. running low GR to get all the legendary gems I need, collecting mats (pick up items in rifts), getting cube mats to cube stuff, upgrading all my regular gems to max, upgrading my legendary gems. By the time I get that far I usually accumulate a couple class pieces or medium-tier legendaries that I can build around to farm whatever efficiently.

Thanks for your tips. I figured upgrading gems would be a big so I was saving gold (shit is pricey!). My girlfriend and I have just been running rifts a lot and with 2x cache tomorrow, we'll spam the shit out of bounties for cube goodies. =D

Here's hoping for some good RNG.

ZenaxPure

This is what I usually do as well, but, for barb specifically I will say either gamble some bracers or slots where waste gear shows up(hat/shoulder/chest/gloves/pants/boots). You will jump multiple torment difficulties if you can get your hands on the Seismic Slam/HoTA bracers or 2 pieces wastes (6x damage increase to Rend). They are huge power boost items that are very easy to obtain.

eek5

Thanks for your tips. I figured upgrading gems would be a big so I was saving gold (shit is pricey!). My girlfriend and I have just been running rifts a lot and with 2x cache tomorrow, we'll spam the shit out of bounties for cube goodies. =D

Here's hoping for some good RNG.

Gold becomes a non-issue later on. If you really want to bypass this I can get you into a TX vault and sort out all your gold issues in one run :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Been grinding some rifts. Got some good luck. Two pieces of "...of the wastes gear" and rend eats things up. Plus a nice gem "Pain Enhancer." Things are picking up in GRs now. =D

ZenaxPure

Been grinding some rifts. Got some good luck. Two pieces of "...of the wastes gear" and rend eats things up. Plus a nice gem "Pain Enhancer." Things are picking up in GRs now. =D

Well if you got that you should gamble for a lamentation next probably. Straight up doubles your damage output with Rend.

Lain

Getting 4 caches at a time feels awesome. Too bad the friend I play with is away until next week so my cache farming is going to be limited in scope.

Nokterian

Lé Blade Runner;179896981 said:
The Double Cache farming has begun! Too bad I have to go to work...

WD Chicken build is the best way to farm if you lack a group. So fast! <3

Yup best way to go indeed.

So many people are going to get good full ancient sets from this weekend, its crazy.

Remember that the best things to roll are your Focus+Restraints since they're probably the hardest thing to gamble/drop. Weapon is usually easy enough to get by converting rares since you're converting class specific items like mighty weapons

Firemind

So many people are going to get good full ancient sets from this weekend, its crazy.

Remember that the best things to roll are your Focus+Restraints since they're probably the hardest thing to gamble/drop. Weapon is usually easy enough to get by converting rares since you're converting class specific items like mighty weapons
S9eei.gif

Sarcasm

What do you mean by ancients? I kinda out of the loop even though I am grinding.

I can do t7 rifts but not under 6 minutes and gr33 with eight minutes to spare. Trying to get my last set piece.

Though no new weapon or off hand. Am I doing it right? What should I be grinding.

Kiru

What do you mean by ancients? I kinda out of the loop even though I am grinding.

I can do t7 rifts but not under 6 minutes and gr33 with eight minutes to spare. Trying to get my last set piece.

Though no new weapon or off hand. Am I doing it right? What should I be grinding.
Ancient items have an orange border when hovering over them. They roll higher stats than normal ones, but are also rare.

StMeph

Got a pretty good Ancient SWD last night. Totally forgot to screenshot it, so I just took it from the Bnet Armory:

There's about 100 damage missing on the top-end, but the Acid Cloud enhancement was basically a minimum roll. Hopefully made the right call in rolling AC skill instead of trying for the extra 100 damage.

Firemind

Ancient items have an orange border when hovering over them. They roll higher stats than normal ones, but are also rare.
They are also in double brackets when you identify them. Items have a 10% chance to be ancient.

Using the above example, gambling for mighty weapons, you have a 1/7 odds to get the BK sword you want. If it doesn't matter which one you want, it's 2/7. Now add the 10% odds of rolling an ancient, you get (2/7)*(1/10) = 2.85% off every gamble.

I wouldn't fret about ancients yet, because it's tedious and time-consuming. Fuck ancients. Next thing you know they're going to introduce super ancients. 1% chance to roll.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

what does double cache have to do with getting ancients? what am I missing?

what does double cache have to do with getting ancients? what am I missing?

Reforge costs bounty mats, 5 each (and 50 forgotten souls).

Now on a T7+ run you get 16 mats each -> slightly above 3 reforges. That's a lot for just one run and means everyone will reforge their weapons 'til they got ancients now, since that's always such a substantial increase.

Firemind

Except that forgotten souls will run out completely relative to the bounty mats. I don't know about you, but I can barely get 50 souls per hour. Maybe even less on an unlucky day. I've gotten GRs before where nothing dropped. And this happens regularly.

Nokterian

Finally added over 50 legs to my cube and passed champion seasonal journey thank god now on to do some reforging but first farming in those bounty's and getting more death breaths had nearly 600 of them now down to 75.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I wouldn't fret about ancients yet, because it's tedious and time-consuming. Fuck ancients. Next thing you know they're going to introduce super ancients. 1% chance to roll.

They actually left room for that to happen. Trying to remember where I saw it... maybe in the API?... a variable to indicate Ancient status was called "Ancient level", and current ancients have it set to 1. Presumably the super-ancient would have it set to 2, and so on.

Except that forgotten souls will run out completely relative to the bounty mats. I don't know about you, but I can barely get 50 souls per hour. Maybe even less on an unlucky day. I've gotten GRs before where nothing dropped. And this happens regularly.

Plenty people have already amassed several hundreds, if not a couple thousand souls. If you do speed lvl50-60GRs you're getting a ton.

The thing is that even if you don't have many forgotten souls now, everyone should use this weekend to farm the mats as the speed of acquiring them is simply limited by movement speed and the god damn tedious gameplay that's doing bounties. Having to do just half the work is such an increase in that regard.

w4ttsup

I plan on running bounties all weekend so I almost never have to run them again..this season any ways.

From the few I did this morning, I was getting ~10+ FS' per full completion from the caches legendary drops - that's not bad. Plus factor in all the blood shards, which are doubled as well, and you're going to get a lot of FS' from Kadala gambling.

You always run into gobs and XP pools in bounties too so it's not all bad.

I recommend cubing Gloves of Worship as bounties can take +- 10 minutes depending on team speed.

It's probably just RNG but I kinda feel like they fixed/buffed bandit shrines with this weekend event. I have not seen a single one in 650+ paragon levels this season and I've gotten 3 of them just tonight from doing the event.

oakenhild

I was doing OK with my Demon Hunter in T1. Got my last piece for the 6p set of Unhallowed Essence, and equipped it all at once (the 5 pieces were in my stash yet). Ran the next T1, and was shocked at the difference. I just blew everything away in a room with 1 multishot.

I haven't hit a max yet of what I can run with my little testing thus far. I've gone up to L24 Grifts with very little problem. I'm still missing some useful pieces, but wow, what a difference a full 6p set makes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Oakenhild-1826/hero/66127465

joesmokey

Did some reading on tips for staying alive in higher GR as barb.

I guess I need good physical resistance on secondary slots if I use Superstition? People also recommend lightning resistance.

I have neither of these. I'm not sure how important they are for doing low 60s solo, but I guess I need better rolled gear.

Decided to roll a WD last night as well to go along with my Barb and Monk. What builds are relevant? I have zero clue. Last time I ran WD is was the pet build with the stronk garg. Before that CoB.

Armaros

Decided to roll a WD last night as well to go along with my Barb and Monk. What builds are relevant? I have zero clue. Last time I ran WD is was the pet build with the stronk garg. Before that CoB.

Helltooth acid cloud
Helltooth zombie bears
Carnevil

There is a zdps build but barb and monk zdps are better.

Chicken build (weapon and mojo set) for bounty and DB farming

So im thinking about finally getting into Diablo III in the near future. I vaguely played vanilla on 360 when that came out. Do they usually go on sale? Im not pressed for time because I still want to knock out some of my backlog before I get invested.

Thanks!

eek5

Thanks much!

There are a lot of builds and variations of builds that I use.
All builds use F+R. Ring slot is usually CoE except for carni which uses RoRG.

Helltooth builds:
HT w/ manajuma (farm build) - Cube: ingeom, grin reaper, CoE. Can use nem bracers here but first elite kill will always be slow. (pro-tip you can hold down firewall button to cast multiple firewalls)
HT w/ Diviner (up to about gr66ish higher if you have gg rolls). Cube: furnace (solo), SMK (party). Use BBV with party. your solo dps drops but group dps goes up so it is worth it
HT w/ scrimshaw + toad - Good GR60-64 build. Nice toughness (make sure you use swampland passive since ToTD will boost the range on that big time). You use zombie bears instead of acid cloud
HT w/ scrimshaw + henri - this is the high high high gr build. Huge toughness. Easier to pull packs because you can run past stuff and get 80% DR on the first hit making it easier to group than other HT builds.

As always positioning, with zombie bears can be infuriating.

Carni:
5pc Zuni w/ RORG (6pc bonus). You want Carni hat and Mask of Jeram. Use whichever rolled better, cube the other. Generally you want an ancient acrni hat since the cubed MoJ will give you 100% pet bonus. Using F+R. Weapon is either SMK with Dagger of Darts cubed or the other way around. You want 7% ASI on the weapon 100% no questions asked. Breakpoints are a thing here. Big changes are paragon pts: all into atk speed first (atk speed doesn't matter for HT). Ideally rings will be AS/CC/CHD (good luck). Want ATK speed on glove. If you're missing AS then you can get lacunis or steady strikers (lose vit tho). This is mainly a group build as solo isn't that fun although solo is capable of clearing 60's no problem. Not sure I'd recommend pushing. My highest clear so far is 58 I think.

The gear REQ on this build is INSANE. Very specific rolls required. You can see my carni build (eeks) for an example of mid-tier stuff although I'm prob a couple pieces from breaking out. Really good dps. Once you get all the right pieces probably good up to high 70's in group (depending on composition)

Arachyr:
T7-9 build only. 6pc arachyr w/ wormwood, quetizicalcitbleh, and CoE cubed. Wear Hwoj wrap. Gems are ZEI, Trapped, poison or def for 3rd one. Switch a skill out for locust swarm pestilence. Weapons are manajumas. Use firebats and firebat bracer for def. This is the AFK farm build. You baiscally just run past shit and all trash gets "one shot" by the locust swarm. Stop here and there to reproc F+R. Angry chicken blow up on elites for fast kills. OK bounty farming build but I prefer HT w/ manjuma/ingeom. Some poeple use this to clear rifts fast for rift keys or KW farming. Meh.

zdps:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/58477-max-xp-damage-zdps-wd-2-3 (this is really good. not sure why people don't look for it more because it gives some pretty good dmg buffs but whatever). Probably only good to around GR64-66 depending on your group composition though. I think after that you want to replace with barb for bigger pullllls

Main gems: BoTT, Esoteric, Gizzard, Iceblink
Carni: BoTT, Simplicity, Esoteric or Gizzard. Zei can be ok too but not recommended.

So im thinking about finally getting into Diablo III in the near future. I vaguely played vanilla on 360 when that came out. Do they usually go on sale? Im not pressed for time because I still want to knock out some of my backlog before I get invested.

Thanks!

Yeah it goes on sale regularly now.

Wal*Mart has it for 26 for RoS and 16 for D3 base

Top Bottom