• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Firemind

Now that I have stacks of bounty mats, I'm struggling what to use it on. I want to push GRs but unsure which direction I should take.

My plan at first was to go for the 6WW+BK build with Ancient Parthan Defenders as my end build, but the ancients just aren't dropping and the end build requires very specific secondary rolls to make Ancient Parthan Defenders work. Since IK ancients HAVE been dropping, I wonder if it's more efficient if I change to Alkaizer's 6IK+2WW Rend build. I already have F+R and two Unity. All I really need is an ancient IKBB.

pls advise

Playing HC btw if that matters.

Now that I have stacks of bounty mats, I'm struggling what to use it on. I want to push GRs but unsure which direction I should take.

My plan at first was to go for the 6WW+BK build with Ancient Parthan Defenders as my end build, but the ancients just aren't dropping and the end build requires very specific secondary rolls to make Ancient Parthan Defenders work. Since IK ancients HAVE been dropping, I wonder if it's more efficient if I change to Alkaizer's 6IK+2WW Rend build. I already have F+R and two Unity. All I really need is an ancient IKBB.

pls advise

Playing HC btw if that matters.

I've played that Alkaizer Rend build and it's really strong and you don't feel particularly vulnerable, so that's nice for HC. To be on the safer side you can always use 'Striding Giant' instead of 'Insanity' on WotB, which I did because I didn't have 2 unity yet and my damage was just fine. Of course my game got then bugged and my Barb died eventually but 'til that point I think I speed ran GR40s with such ease with relatively meh gear.

And yeh, getting a solid ancient IKBB is easy compared to the two individual BK weapons for WW builds.

Firemind

Thanks for your input. The only thing I'm worried about is fury management. I'm so used to spinning all the time. I have to change this habit and practice Merciless Assault for a bit to get comfortable with the build. I wouldn't want to run out of fury in the middle of a dense pack.

Nokterian

There was a ban wave? What was it over?

Hellfire amulet exploit u could put all passives up from that and give a disadvantage on the leaderboards that is against blizzard tos even if you tried it you get banned some got lucky for 2 weeks others got perma banned.

Wallach

Hellfire amulet exploit u could put all passives up from that and give a disadvantage on the leaderboards that is against blizzard tos even if you tried it you get banned some got lucky for 2 weeks others got perma banned.

Huh, must've happened while I have been distracted with work and Destiny. I dunno how people think they will get away with stuff like that when everything on the leaderboards is so tracked. I guess they just thought Blizzard wouldn't backhand them for it. Good on them.

Hmm decided to check out what online keys go for an apparently I can get vanilla for ~15€ and RoS for ~25€.

Feel dirty looking at G2A though, but then I already dirtied myself before :s

Nokterian

Hmm decided to check out what online keys go for an apparently I can get vanilla for ~15€ and RoS for ~25€.

Feel dirty looking at G2A though, but then I already dirtied myself before :s

Don't buy from G2A they're shady websites because if the price is lower than usual and good to be true then something is wrong.

Don't buy from G2A they're shady websites because if the price is lower than usual and good to be true then something is wrong.

Well...too late?

Won't be buying there in the future though. If I get my D3 licence banned another time though because of this, then lolwhat.

petghost

Banned
Hey so I just started playing this again ( I quit pretty soon after it first dropped) and I'm enjoying it.

I think I've reached an impasse tho where I won't be able to push into higher greater rifts or torment levels until I get some nice set pieces. So I basically been farming deaths breath and upgrading rare items in the cube. Is there a more efficient way to gear up? It's pretty tedious atm.

Dahbomb

Hey so I just started playing this again ( I quit pretty soon after it first dropped) and I'm enjoying it.

I think I've reached an impasse tho where I won't be able to push into higher greater rifts or torment levels until I get some nice set pieces. So I basically been farming deaths breath and upgrading rare items in the cube. Is there a more efficient way to gear up? It's pretty tedious atm.
Run regular Rifts for Shards that you can gamble for set pieces to complete your 6 pc set. Make sure all you jewelry has sockets for Legendary gems. Upgrade your regular gems.

I mean yeah it's tedious, this is Diablo after all. You play the game more to try to get better gear which is used to farm more. Play in groups for faster levels and maybe people can drop items for your class.

dLMN8R

Is anyone having latency issues with Diablo right now? My connection is perfect for everything else in both speed and latency, but in Diablo I'm just hitching all over the place with a ~250ms ping....

eek5

cPJlMdL.png

pretty decent haul this wknd lol

ZenaxPure

Well I wanted to farm some mats during the buff but the entire weekend my internet was just dropping out entirely every 5-10 minutes and it finally fixed itself a couple of hours ago. Oh well.

Lain

I got bored of doing bounties after my 4th or fifth complete run during the weekend. My hat's off to you guys who managed to farm as much as you did.

Yeah same, got like 40-50mats after I was done cubing everything I had in my stash and stopped there, I think 5 full runs. I had like 120items cubed already so I ran a bunch of bounties, and I'm not playing this season anymore anyway so don't really care for reroll mats. I'm missing like 15 non class specific cube powers(bunch of which I have but don't want to cube like ess of johan and thunderfury cause they're on my templar) and got a bunch of DH and all the WD gear done.

I'm done until PTR/next season, where I'll probably go back to my first love, DH, with Marauder buff and Impale set, sounds like it'll be great fun.

Baliis

cPJlMdL.png

pretty decent haul this wknd lol

Lol, I wish I'd had more time to farm, but I was doing the Destiny raid most of Saturday and went hiking on Sunday. Still picked up about 100 mats for my HC chars so I can put together a good zdps set and try to reroll a gavel to ancient.

Firemind

Seems not only the clans have died, the leaderboards have completely died. Maybe I have a chance to rank this season after all.

Just blew all of my Death's Breaths trying to get a Furnace to no avail. Welp, I guess it's back to rifts now.

When I was playing my HC Barb I acquired most gear relatively quickly except I was still missing out on 2 unities and the Furnace. ~1500 Death Breaths and no luck at that point :/

I got bored of doing bounties after my 4th or fifth complete run during the weekend. My hat's off to you guys who managed to farm as much as you did.

I farmed enough for about 180 or so mats. I figure that should be enough.

This is my first season rolling barb. WW is so boring. HoTA is ok, but I don't like the class enough to be my main. Now I have to decide between monk and WD. Then I start blowing mats on rerolls for decent weapons.

I've been trying to farm my Wizard's Zodiac ring for a week now. i'm been using my bloodshards on my 6 piece set hoping to upgrade it to an ancient piece and just upgrading rare rings via death's breaths since the rings are 50 shards from Kadala... However it takes too long imo to get 25 breaths when stuck in T6 ...is there a faster way to fish for a certain legendary ring?

Baliis

When I was playing my HC Barb I acquired most gear relatively quickly except I was still missing out on 2 unities and the Furnace. ~1500 Death Breaths and no luck at that point :/

I'm missing a good gavel, furnace, and coe ugh. At least SS is still pretty good and I have a bitchin Fury

taybul

Only had time for 2 bounty clears this weekend and I think my bags even got full at some point causing me to lose out on 2 caches (ended with only 18 caches on one of the runs). Pretty disappointed about this since I just started playing 2.3 recently.

isny

napkin dispenser
Only had time for 2 bounty clears this weekend and I think my bags even got full at some point causing me to lose out on 2 caches (ended with only 18 caches on one of the runs). Pretty disappointed about this since I just started playing 2.3 recently.

He drops them on the ground in front of you when your bags are too full to take them.

eek5

Lol, some of you are insane. I don't even have 100 of those bounty mats, even after this weekend.
Let alone more than 2 stacks of regular mats.

At about 350 mats I realized that I had enough for the rest of the season because I'm stingy with reforges but I also noticed how fast I was accumulating regular mats compared to rifting so I kept at it.

Xanathus

At about 350 mats I realized that I had enough for the rest of the season because I'm stingy with reforges but I also noticed how fast I was accumulating regular mats compared to rifting so I kept at it.

I used up 3000 souls reforging a focus this morning.

The real bottleneck for reforging legs are Forgotten Souls, even without the bonus bounty weekend. We'll need a bonus Souls weekend to balance things out.

Yeah, the souls are what's holding me back from trying to reforge. Knowing I wouldn't have nearly enough was sort of a deterrent from going after a lot of other materials during the double drop event. I need to hold on to what I have for re-rolling stats on armor and such.

joesmokey

I stopped at about 400 mats of each this weekend.

I wanted to do more but I would login, stare at the menu screen, realize I really didn't want to do bounties and then logoff.

I definitely don't regret getting more. I won't even use up 400 for this season and I don't play non-season, so...

eek5

The real bottleneck for reforging legs are Forgotten Souls, even without the bonus bounty weekend. We'll need a bonus Souls weekend to balance things out.

Yeah for sure. I don't intend to use the bounty mats at all until I get desperate. It was just pretty efficient farming for regular mats, decent for souls, and ok for DBs. I'm probably going to exhaust all my upgrade rare mats before I even start reforging tbh.

Also I need to craft some gg aughild bracer/shoulder for Carni doc so I wanted to make sure I had the resources to do that.

Kenaras

What do people need so many regular crafting materials for? I keep a stack of 5k of each, and I've just been vendoring the rest. I get more faster than I can use them.

JesseZao

What do people need so many regular crafting materials for? I keep a stack of 5k of each, and I've just been vendoring the rest. I get more faster than I can use them.

They're certainly more valuable than gold. Use them to upgrade rares to leg/set items. Death's breaths will always be used up first though, so it doesn't really matter I guess. Maybe they'll let you trade them in for dbs later on.

Dreavus

I was only able to get 4–5 full clears in, which I think is enough to carry my extractions to 100.

I don't mind bounties as a change of pace honestly, it's the longer Act V ones that drag on that get bothersome after a while. Crap density, giant city, looking for one specific thing... it's just boring. The quicker ones to finish are totally fine though.

eek5

You're vendoring crafting mats? Yikes.

Yellows are consumed 15 at a time when rerolling. You can blow through thousands of them rerolling a legendary affix, easily. I've had some stubborn helms/amulets that cost 1000-1500.

White and blue isn't as big of a deal, white especially, but you can convert white/blue to yellow so it's worth it to have around.

Crafting takes up a ton of mats.

Upgrade rare takes up 50 a piece and 25 dbs so those eat up the mats fast too.

Not sure why you're vendoring. Stash space is limited but it's certainly enough for 50k of each mat and gold is even more worthless than mats. There aren't any gold sinks in the game.

Top Bottom