• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Woorloog

Banned
That's news to me. Thank you. Any suggestions for what I can and should craft for my Necromancer?

One thing you might want to craft for the Necromancer are Reaper's Wraps.
But this depends on your build. If run something that uses Essence heavily, you could combine the bracers with that one passive that generates more health globes. But this doesn't work that well in boss fights.

Otherwise, there isn't anything crafted that's useful for the Necromancer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
damn Inarius :eek:

just duo'ed up to gr 79 with this inarius lance build. The only problem is when you are out of corpses at bosses.

wonder how high I can solo with it, I was stuck at 72 with my Rath.

Woorloog

Banned

just duo'ed up to gr 79 with this inarius lance build. The only problem is when you are out of corpses at bosses.

Land of the Dead allows use of corpse skills without corpses, you just need to be careful to make sure the CD is available at the start of the battle. The Necro becomes the ultimate spammer with LotD on.

EDIT Also, i might be inclined to use Molting rune for Blood Rush. Not that one corpse every now and then matters much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Land of the Dead allows use of corpse skills without corpses, you just need to be careful to make sure the CD is available at the start of the battle. The Necro becomes the ultimate spammer with LotD on.

EDIT Also, i might be inclined to use Molting rune for Blood Rush. Not that one corpse every now and then matters much.

aye been saving it for rift guardians now (well, saving it as much as possible).

Just cleared 75 solo now, clearly much better than my Rath setup. I actually wanted to bring this up earlier, but pets die with Rath. Like, a lot.

In high grifts, im always down to like 2-3 skellies, even with the gem.Like wtf? That's alot of lost dps.

But yeah Inarius is super fun, kinda reminds me of a semi spin-to-win really.

edit: heh just cleared gr76 with Golem instead of Land of the Dead. Dont get me wrong, I know its not ideal, but I thought "ok, golem is always up so its a constant source of dmg, he has the thing that shits 8 corpses every 45secs, and I can get 30% dmg reduction from him in the cube to make up for the Aquila's 50%"

It wasnt amazing or anything but it did the job. He actually tanks bosses too (as in, away from you) which is in itself a form of resistance I guess.

Rhaknar

Never knew about the cube's ability to strip legendary properties and then your ability to equip them. Can't you just strip and use these?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/moribund-gauntlets

you can but that uses the "gear" slot in the cube, and you need Aquila's (50% dmg reduction when over 90% resource), and also you would need to use the Golem of course, in which case the item that gives the golem 150% dmg and yourself 30% dmg reduction would probably be better.

You can only use 3 things in the cube, one from a weapon, one from clothes-type gear, and one from a ring/amulet.

I went back to land of the dead and cleared gr77, but its getting hairy / close now. Land of the Dead really feels like a dead talent tho, and when youre dmg isnt very high yet, you pop it, you shave off like 30% off the boss and then...well... and then you just sit there auto attacking because there is nothing else you can do :(

I even switched from Final Service (the class's get out of jail free talent) to Blood is Power (after cumulatively losing 100% life your skills cooldowns are shaved 20% once) and it didnt really help tbh :/

edit: oh lol, the Golem variation is great for normal T13 rift farming tho lol.

Dreavus

Having a bit of fun trying to gear up my season 8 crusader with all the sets I'm missing. If I bothered going through my stash back then I'd probably have most of them, but whatever. Just trying to get into some set dungeons while I wait for the next season for necro.

Nokterian

Inarius builds are very versatile and i am trying this one also now, currently very very strong indeed.

See lots of variations in this set and blood set also with pets. Necromancer is even more creative than monk, i am curious what more will come before season 11.

Rhaknar

Inarius builds are very versatile and i am trying this one also now, currently very very strong indeed.

See lots of variations in this set and blood set also with pets. Necromancer is even more creative than monk, i am curious what more will come before season 11.

that being said, I just tried to get creative and I failed...I failed hard fam, im sad.

I couldnt beat the gr77 I bet before :(

So I thought "ok, I need to figure out a way to get this golem thing that poops corpses every 1 second, so I always have a corpse for the bosses right?", so that meant I would have to use the gloves with that passive, and I would then need to get the ring that decreases sets by 1 (or the effect)

Long story short, the only way to do this was to drop the Endless Walk set (ring and necklace) and it turns out...that shit is really important. Both the dps and the survivability boost it gives are too good to pass up to get these other crazy combos.

For a normal T13 it works fine... hell for a normal tier 13 rift I can almost do whatever the fuck I want with Inarius really.

But yeah, back to the standard LotD build I guess :(

edit: 78 down with the golem variation (as in golem instead of LotD, not the crazy golem combo I tried to do earlier) :)

I'm so confused with what most of you are talking about as only just picked this up on x1.

Got my necro to lvl43 and still got the story to finish before I start to fully understand.

Rhaknar

aaaand 79 is my cap, cant beat one no matter what I do, not with golem, not with lotd. Oh well.

edit: lies! beat 79 heh. Changed some gear affixes to CDR, and also...used the CDR rune on decrepify to have more LOTD up /shrug

I was also lucky with packs and pylons tho, so im not sure if its a stable clear.

Manu

I'm so confused with what most of you are talking about as only just picked this up on x1.

Got my necro to lvl43 and still got the story to finish before I start to fully understand.

Same, except I already beat the "vanilla" game once years ago on PS3.

I started Adventure Mode on Hard but other than that I'm totally lost.

Akai XIII

Did a a GR80 with the Inarius Grim Scythe/Bonesado build... kinda bored of it already. Need to look at some of the more active builds or pet builds.

Just doing a rift earlier and a random question occurred to me, how does the game handle multiplayer with multiple Necromancers with regards to the corpse resources? Are they required to share the corpses or is it like the loot where the corpses are independent for each player?

Rhaknar

Just doing a rift earlier and a random question occurred to me, how does the game handle multiplayer with multiple Necromancers with regards to the corpse resources? Are they required to share the corpses or is it like the loot where the corpses are independent for each player?

It's like loot

Corpses are literally a Necro resource, it would be insanity if they were shared.

Sanctuary

Currently running around pretending to be a Nova Sorc in the Trag set, and it's way faster than using pets and Corpse Explosion for where I'm at. Will probably cap out at GR50-60 though.

dLMN8R

Ok I just started playing a necromancer but I'm really confused.

If Grim Scythe has the same base damage as Bone Spikes, but Bone Spikes are a remote attack instead of close up, why on earth would I want to use the scythe instead?

Is it because the runes they each get later on significantly differentiate them?

Without runes, it seems unquestionable that Bone Spikes is objectively better in every way.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

If Grim Scythe has the same base damage as Bone Spikes, but Bone Spikes are a remote attack instead of close up, why on earth would I want to use the scythe instead?

Is it because the runes they each get later on significantly differentiate them?

Without runes, it seems unquestionable that Bone Spikes is objectively better in every way.

Runes and legendary bonuses do a lot to differentiate the skills. Grim Scythe might be crap in certain builds, and much better in others. For instance if you're using the Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang scythe, then Grim Scythe makes sense because that scythe gives it a huge damage bonus.

Sanctuary

It's yet another example of a skill that makes no sense to use prior to having set gear. The dual scythe rune helps up the damage, yet it still seems inferior to Siphon Blood. Later you get a legendary that greatly enhances it.

dLMN8R

It's yet another example of a skill that makes no sense to use prior to having set gear. The dual scythe rune helps up the damage, yet it still seems inferior to Siphon Blood. Later you get a legendary that greatly enhances it.

Thanks. I've played a lot of Diablo 3 over the years and have fully leveled almost all of the classes, but I didn't remember seeing any skills that are so blatantly easy to pick between before unlocking their runes.

what build everyone is going for? i started T1 with necro. i had a gem from my stash where i got like 2k hp per hit lol. when i was low lvl. so i'm just still invisible unless they freeze me.

Sanctuary

Thanks. I've played a lot of Diablo 3 over the years and have fully leveled almost all of the classes, but I didn't remember seeing any skills that are so blatantly easy to pick between before unlocking their runes.

This is exactly what I was complaining about in my initial post. The class doesn't feel anywhere as finely tuned from 1-70 as the previous classes (even when those weren't entirely perfect either starting out). It's as if it was designed soley for level 70+set since how relatively easy it is to hit 70 in a few hours and have a decent set in a few days (or day if you grind hard core).

what build everyone is going for? i started T1 with necro. i had a gem from my stash where i got like 2k hp per hit lol. when i was low lvl. so i'm just still invisible unless they freeze me.

Most are aiming for a build with the Inarius set, but to even get the set requires grinding a bunch of rifts and getting lucky on gambles. Before sets, Command Skeletons, Flesh Golem and either Corpse Explosion or Corpse Lance with Land of the Dead seem to do pretty well up to T4 (it can go higher, but it's slow after that).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I'm trying to go for a Trag'Oul build (there's a decent one on diablofans), but I can't for the life of me get a Krysbin's Sentence or a Circle of Nailuj rings to drop, so I'm pretty weak so far.

Ultratech

Finally got the full Inarius set. It's pretty fun. Just a whirling tornado of bones and death.

I'll gonna have to try out some of the other sets later.

I got all of the Trag'Oul and Pestilence sets, and just missing one piece for the Rathma set.

Hey guys, need some quick help doing the Kanai Cube quest. I just started Adventure mode and Zoltun Kulle just told me about the ruin it's in, but I have no icons or indicators telling me where to go to find it.

Manu

Hey guys, need some quick help doing the Kanai Cube quest. I just started Adventure mode and Zoltun Kulle just told me about the ruin it's in, but I have no icons or indicators telling me where to go to find it.

It's on Act 3.

Just killed a treasure goblin and it took me to a vault. I feel like Scrooge McDuck.

carlsojo

Wrapped up Act IV with the Necro today. I know the vanilla story wasn't the greatest but I'm still a little sad about Leah's fate. Here's hoping she shows up in the future. :/

Jedi2016

Done with story mode for now... hit lv70 about mid-way through Act V.

Why did no one tell me about the "Upgrade Rare Item" thing? Here I am farming rifts, and then I remembered this thing and spent about two minutes magicking up a Jessuth's set. And Holee Jeebus, I almost can't keep up with my skeletons, they're wrecking shit so fast. Think I need to bump it up by a few more Torment levels. And those are practically the only legendaries I'm wearing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So pardon me for this question sounding shortsighted, but what sort of end game stuff is there to do in D3 now? I stopped playing a LONG time ago (I don't own the expansion yet), but I realize there are rifts, GRs, and Adventure Mode. Outside of that, though, did they add super bosses or unique monster drops to farm for (similar to MMO dungeons or whatever)?

I've played a ton of Grim Dawn since it's release and enjoyed a lot of what that did (but it just feels a bit too heavy at times), enjoyed the PoE endgame with the maps and such (haaaaaated the skill tree), still enjoy Titan Quest/Sacred 2/Marvel Heroes once in a while, but the Diablo series seems to always be on my radar. I'd go back and play D2 MXL, but I have a hard time dealing with the resolution issues...Also that shit is dumb hard.

Radec

Beat 85 last night. I hate the Juggernaut affix. They seem to be invulnerable to land of the dead, and have resists on the curses debuff.
Corpse lance drals way less damage to them than non juggs. Mirane does shitton if damage if the mob is alone though.

Gonna try to beat 90 later.

I'm trying to go for a Trag'Oul build (there's a decent one on diablofans), but I can't for the life of me get a Krysbin's Sentence or a Circle of Nailuj rings to drop, so I'm pretty weak so far.

Krysbin is the one you shouldn't miss, just upgrade some rare rings and cube it. Then unity on your character.

Dreavus

I need a second unity!

Also a Johanna's argument, which seems incredibly rare (running seeker of the light with a Jo's in the cube but my damage is suffering for it). I burned through 400+ non-season dbs like it was nothing!

Ayumi

So pardon me for this question sounding shortsighted, but what sort of end game stuff is there to do in D3 now? I stopped playing a LONG time ago (I don't own the expansion yet), but I realize there are rifts, GRs, and Adventure Mode. Outside of that, though, did they add super bosses or unique monster drops to farm for (similar to MMO dungeons or whatever)?
GR are the focus on end-game, as it's the only way to get on the ladder. Either solo, 2P, 3P or 4P. Unfortunately there's no super boss or any kinda play like that. 99% of the loot is completely random drops. GR are Greater Rifts which are a more "competitive" version of normal rifts (both in Adventure Mode) but also is the fastest way to get loot. Then you can do bounties to get materials you need for various crafting/gear upgrades and such. The end-game is pretty repetitive. I hope they add raids, or boss fights/dungeons in D4. lol

Manu

Damn, I played an obscene amount of time today.

Already up to lvl 21 on Greater Rifts and got my paragon level to 56. What now? Wait for the season, or keep leveling this character? Decisions, decisions.

Juggernaut affix grants CC immunity. So Trapped, Krysbin's, and the dozens of other CC buffs and debuffs you have don't work.

Basically it is a timesink elite. Like a shittier shielded.

Rhaknar

Juggernaut affix grants CC immunity. So Trapped, Krysbin's, and the dozens of other CC buffs and debuffs you have don't work.

Basically it is a timesink elite. Like a shittier shielded.

yeah the CC ring dont work on them so you bsically want to skip those packs at higher grifts

think I am officially taking a break until the season starts, and if nothing changes until then, I'll go Inarius because, well not only is it vastly superior numbers wise, it's actually pretty fun to play as well so theres that. At least Necro wise, no idea if Ill play another class also.

Radec

RIP
gwfeX7a.jpg

Sane_Man

I've got the necromancer to level 70. It's the first character I've got to end game and would appreciate some advice.

How do I go about getting armor sets? I've turned the difficulty up to Torment 1 as I read that's the only way to get green armor. I'm definitely not levelled enough because my DPS seems so low but it's doable by playing conservatively. Do I just keep running bounties and rifts and hope for the specific drops that I need for the sets? As well as possibly dropping the recipes? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I'm planning on running a pet build. I've noticed on videos that people playing necro seem to summon like 10 skeleton mages. The most I can manage is 2 or 3. Is this because I'm too low levelled and I need some armor sets to increase my essence?

Ayumi

I've got the necromancer to level 70. It's the first character I've got to end game and would appreciate some advice.

How do I go about getting armor sets? I've turned the difficulty up to Torment 1 as I read that's the only way to get green armor. I'm definitely not levelled enough because my DPS seems so low but it's doable by playing conservatively. Do I just keep running bounties and rifts and hope for the specific drops that I need for the sets? As well as possibly dropping the recipes? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I'm planning on running a pet build. I've noticed on videos that people playing necro seem to summon like 10 skeleton mages. The most I can manage is 2 or 3. Is this because I'm too low levelled and I need some armor sets to increase my essence?

Never do Bounties for gear, those are for materials. I suggest you do Greater Rifts on a comfortable difficulty, and then do Nephalem Rifts in-between if you need GR keys. Fastest way is to join one of the loot share communities though and ask for a loot carry.

Your skills are never at their full potentional without the proper gear, so you just need to figure out which build you wanna do and check what gear is the best. I suggest you aim for one of the meta bulds. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds

You can try this fresh level 70 skill build while gearing up too.
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11

I found the Necro to do very little damage without decent gear so you might get a bit bored. But personally I would suggest you ask someone in one of the communities (try to search for "necro" or "loot" etc) to make it a lot faster.

tl;dr the best way to get set items and gear in general is from GR and sometimes Nephalem Rifts. Fastest way is to get carried by someone higher up so you can get better drops.

Sane_Man

Never do Bounties for gear, those are for materials. I suggest you do Greater Rifts on a comfortable difficulty, and then do Nephalem Rifts in-between if you need GR keys. Fastest way is to join one of the loot share communities though and ask for a loot carry.

Your skills are never at their full potentional without the proper gear, so you just need to figure out which build you wanna do and check what gear is the best. I suggest you aim for one of the meta bulds. https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds

You can try this fresh level 70 skill build while gearing up too.
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11

I found the Necro to do very little damage without decent gear so you might get a bit bored. But personally I would suggest you ask someone in one of the communities (try to search for "necro" or "loot" etc) to make it a lot faster.

tl;dr the best way to get set items and gear in general is from GR and sometimes Nephalem Rifts. Fastest way is to get carried by someone higher up so you can get better drops.

That's all really helpful. Thanks! Feel a bit funny asking someone to carry me but I'll give it a try.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't forget to spend your blood shards. With luck, you might get the set item you want.

The higher the Torment difficulty or GR you do, the more shards you get.

Sane_Man

Don't forget to spend your blood shards. With luck, you might get the set item you want.

The higher the Torment difficulty or GR you do, the more shards you get.

I didn't even realise you could spend those on gear. I feel like I got a bunch last night when some random I matched with took us into the vault dungeon. Maybe it was another currency I picked up though.

One other question. When I set my game to public it lets you add a tag tell people what you're doing, i.e bounties. Which suggests there's a way to browse public games. I can't figure out how to do this though. Is there a server browser option on PC to look for people running rifts for instance?

Top Bottom