• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I hope not at this point I am just north of 4 billion and I even think that would be silly.

they were talking about having gold/gems be used in some form to increase power. i think paragon levels will be used as some sort of dump for one or both of those.

or maybe an extra paragon category that you can only increase with those currencies.

Kenaras

You're vendoring crafting mats? Yikes.

Yellows are consumed 15 at a time when rerolling. You can blow through thousands of them rerolling a legendary affix, easily. I've had some stubborn helms/amulets that cost 1000-1500.

White and blue isn't as big of a deal, white especially, but you can convert white/blue to yellow so it's worth it to have around.

Crafting takes up a ton of mats.

Upgrade rare takes up 50 a piece and 25 dbs so those eat up the mats fast too.

Not sure why you're vendoring. Stash space is limited but it's certainly enough for 50k of each mat and gold is even more worthless than mats. There aren't any gold sinks in the game.

It took me over 90 attempts to roll a socket in my Oculus ring, I'm well aware of how stubborn enchanting can be. But it also costs Death's Breaths and Forgotten Souls, both of which I blow through far faster than regular materials. I also use the upgrade rare recipe constantly, but again, Death's Breaths are the limiting factor there. I just don't see the point in using stash space when I get more faster than I can use them. At this point I've probably sold more than 15k of each material.

Dahbomb

You guys hear about this new Dual Generator Monk build?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3mr9zk/duo_generators_build_for_monk_surfaced_on_chinese/

Some guy on the Asian server apparently broken GR71 with it.

090620st1n3jojj3zfdffn.jpg.thumb.jpg

The two Generators being used are Fist of Thunder - Static Charge and Way of Hundred Fists - Fist of Fury.

And yes he is in fact using 4 piece bonus of Raiment (compared to the standard 2 pc bonus used for the more standard generator build) and also using Eye of the Storm on the helm (for whatever reason, might as well use Andariels Helm there).

Link to profile as well, definitely looks legit:

http://www.diablo3.com.cn/profile/Sayalol-5607/17836158

He already changed his build up. It's no longer a duo-primary build, but more just a primary skill build making use of Static Charge--which is vastly underrated.

we'll probably buy paragon levels with it at some point.

I would prefer if they let us gamble with it. Not necessarily getting gear but getting something like Caches that have various rewards including mats. Mats are the number 1 limiting factor for me, so getting access to more is always good.

mercviper

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3mr9zk/duo_generators_build_for_monk_surfaced_on_chinese/

The two Generators being used are Fist of Thunder - Static Charge and Way of Hundred Fists - Fist of Fury.

And yes he is in fact using 4 piece bonus of Raiment (compared to the standard 2 pc bonus used for the more standard generator build) and also using Eye of the Storm on the helm (for whatever reason, might as well use Andariels Helm there).

Trying it out a bit. Not too bad. Still getting used to the build but I cleared a gr 60 without any lit dmg.

He already changed his build up. It's no longer a duo-primary build, but more just a primary skill build making use of Static Charge--which is vastly underrated.

I would prefer if they let us gamble with it. Not necessarily getting gear but getting something like Caches that have various rewards including mats. Mats are the number 1 limiting factor for me, so getting access to more is always good.

Yeah charge is pretty good. It lets you effectively hit stuff from range. I guess he replaced FoF with cyclone strike? the dual proc from FoF seems hard to replace. Maybe implosion runed CS to help grouping for FoT debuffs but I think you can get more dmg out of FoF overall.

eek5

I tried 62 and got destroyed. The playstyle feels pretty fun though. I like how you can dash around and just fight stuff on the edges. Have to be real careful of resources though :\

mercviper

Broke 64 on dual generator build. Rank 965 now lulz.

With further testing, FoF is kinda key to the build. Each dot tick procs the Static Charge debuff and there's no ICD on proc so for massive damage you FoT and WotHF a cluster of 6+ and then spread FoT debuff for insane damage to all the debuffed monsters since every monster hit with FoF will proc Static Charge if afflicted by the debuff.

If there is enough trash hanging around you get decent single target dmg and at 64 yellows are actually viable to kill. Cluster mobs, dual gen, then spread FoT to the yellow and their health just starts to drop.

w4ttsup

Well I figured out what I was doing wrong and broke through GR60:

Now do I push for leaderboards or do I get GR60 on my wizard...

Nice job dude. Are you running WW, Rend, or HOTA?

I haven't tried anything but HOTA yet, but I can see the incoming damage mitigation becoming a problem post 60. I really prefer running CoE instead of Unity in the cube for max damage but I can't see it working past maybe 62ish.

Maybe I'll try adding Ignore Pain for even more healing instead.

joesmokey

Nice job dude. Are you running WW, Rend, or HOTA?

I haven't tried anything but HOTA yet, but I can see the incoming damage mitigation becoming a problem post 60. I really prefer running CoE instead of Unity in the cube for max damage but I can't see it working past maybe 62ish.

Maybe I'll try adding Ignore Pain for even more healing instead.
I'm running Hota. I have a gg Gavel that it doesn't make sense for me to switch to something else yet.

Post 60 you basically avoid all elite/champ packs and focus on trash only. Only fight the scrub elites if they're with a bunch of trash. Basically you have to Furious Charge like crazy. If you don't have it up due to a bad one, you have to try to run away until it's available again.

Nokterian

What gear is he using? I want to know well all of it.

eek5

What gear is he using? I want to know well all of it.

There are a bunch of variations right now. It's basically still being theory crafted. Be a pioneer!

Davlok, who does a lot of the mechanics testing posted a vid of the dual gen monk gameplay on gr66: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvYNXXnZiY&feature=youtu.be

The build he runs is the Inna's one with CS. My clear was using R4 but the concept is the same.

I think the interesting thing here is that allies can proc FoT so you could quadruple the procs more or less in group. We should try some 65's today and see what happens! (Imagine how many procs my carni doc would do!!!! OMG) I think snake to the face has a 1x proc coef so I could proc at least 2.3x per sec to everything since it pierces lol. Doubt the fetishes proc but it might if DoTs are proccing. If fetishes proc FoT it'd be INSANE.

HT would've been interesting since you can stack so many DoTs but I think that the latest patch that consolidates ticks might've actually hurt this build.

Nokterian

There are a bunch of variations right now. It's basically still being theory crafted. Be a pioneer!

I think the interesting thing here is that allies can proc FoT so you could quadruple the procs more or less in group. We should try some 65's today and see what happens! (Imagine how many procs my carni doc would do!!!! OMG) I think snake to the face has a 1x proc coef so I could proc at least 2.3x per sec to everything since it pierces lol. Doubt the fetishes proc but it might if DoTs are proccing. If fetishes proc FoT it'd be INSANE.

HT would've been interesting since you can stack so many DoTs but I think that the latest patch that consolidates ticks might've actually hurt this build.

If your EU i am trying this setup right now with inna's from that video.

mercviper

Well FoF rune is special for proccing since its dot has a proc coefficient on it. Tbh I didn't expect the actual dot to proc since they fixed its interaction with breath of heaven but I need to test with a pain enhancer to verify. The coefficient on FoF is only supposed to work on application currently.

When running in a group you can probably drop FoF as group members should be proccing FoT more and you can focus on spreading instead of maintaining FoF uptime. Unfortunately I won't be able to play til the weekend, but I'm sure some other monks can do 65s with you :D

JesseZao

Finally broke 1mil Damage unbuffed. Need those 1-hander WW set swords and Furnace passive and I'm "set." Then the min-maxing would begin.

Baliis

Another 250 breaths without a furnace, but I finally rolled a super nice Gavel
NWPj2na.png

Glad I got that. I totally forgot that I can wear the sages set with IK, so now I'm zooming through T8 rifts for breaths, so much faster lol.

JesseZao

Got my WW 1-handers set and on my last run of the night, I got a Furnace drop!

Now if only I could get a Focus instead of my 10th Restraint...

Nokterian

I'm on US servers :(

Hm that sucks :(

Guide plus video posted for the Static Charge Dual Generator Monk build

https://youtu.be/X02Gt4z543U

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/60733-72-static-charge-generator-solo-version

Waiting for Quin69 version!

Natsuma is saying this might actually be better than HOTA Barb for group play although the main problem is server lag because of all the procs that this build is setting off.

Monks officially the GOD of Season 4!

Ok so i only need eye of the storm..i made a lot of souls out of it lol...

Looks promising though and something different from the uliana build that one is boring right now really.

rukland

Guide plus video posted for the Static Charge Dual Generator Monk build

https://youtu.be/X02Gt4z543U

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/60733-72-static-charge-generator-solo-version

Waiting for Quin69 version!

Natsuma is saying this might actually be better than HOTA Barb for group play although the main problem is server lag because of all the procs that this build is setting off.

Monks officially the GOD of Season 4!

This build is getting me to finally level a monk this season. The other options just seemed boring to play (says the guy playing a HotA barb). So I leveled a monk to 70 before work this morning. Now the gearing starts. Really like how this build looks thou.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do we have a number who many got banned? And was it perma or temp ban?

No official numbers at least.

It's gotta be above the amounts of active EU clan officials capable of inviting, though, seeing as that one is a plain zero.

Dahbomb

Uliana's is only boring because people have used it so much already (like hundreds of hours). Peesonally Uliana has been the most fun top level build Monks have gotten since the game's release.

This build is going to be even more boring than Ulianas. You just sit there and punch things. Basically same as the generator build before it only this one has one additional generator you need to be using to get the procs.

Nokterian

Uliana's is only boring because people have used it so much already (like hundreds of hours). Peesonally Uliana has been the most fun top level build Monks have gotten since the game's release.

This build is going to be even more boring than Ulianas. You just sit there and punch things. Basically same as the generator build before it only this one has one additional generator you need to be using to get the procs.

Oh it is fun for sure it is great to see a new set with new possibilities but trying out different builds during this season is also good for variation.

rukland

Fair enough, the other factor is in my clan we have dedicated players for the other monk builds. Up to this point I have been our goto HotA barb this is giving me the opportunity to try something else in group play.

I just feel sorry for the other guy playing barb now. Odds are he will get sidelined one I am geared for this.

I got my full uliana's set, and ancient lions claw before I hit paragon 120. that's pretty good compared to what I had to put up with at d3 launch

also have the belt and bracers recommended

I'm having shit luck on getting the other ring to go with focus. Keep getting that stupid travellers amulet and the ring that goes with

also need a good offhand weapon but feeling alright.

So thanks to Nokt and co. I have returned at last - or already.

My heal monk should be just about operational, so while GR60+ shouldn't be possible just yet, I'd imagine ~55 will be just fine.

joesmokey

I only played Wiz a few days ago so whats this snap shotting on wiz?
Something like being able to lower the internal cooldown of Stricken based on your attack speed. So you get as many Archon stacks as you can, pop a potion, and it snapshots the icd for the entire floor (or until death, etc.).

If you pay attention to the vid and watch when he uses potions (or doesn't), you can clearly see this is what he's doing.

Top Bottom