• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

mercviper

Uliana's is only boring because people have used it so much already (like hundreds of hours). Peesonally Uliana has been the most fun top level build Monks have gotten since the game's release.

This build is going to be even more boring than Ulianas. You just sit there and punch things. Basically same as the generator build before it only this one has one additional generator you need to be using to get the procs.

Personally I only played Uliana's until I got a pair of shenlongs because I thought U6 playstyle is boring and I just happened to gear it first. But when you break down any build to it's core it can sound bad because this game is built off repetitive gameplay.

For example with U6, waiting 2 seconds to wait 2 seconds isn't fun to me, and even though the explosive payoff is amazing in a large group, it takes longer and longer the higher you are and I get bored in the interim.

Something like being able to lower the internal cooldown of Stricken based on your attack speed. So you get as many Archon stacks as you can, pop a potion, and it snapshots the icd for the entire floor (or until death, etc.).

If you pay attention to the vid and watch when he uses potions (or doesn't), you can clearly see this is what he's doing.

So I only read about the ICD for how stricken updates last night. Apparently it updates on death/potion/zone and it's 1/(sheet aps)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3k30ej/an_indepth_guide_to_bane_of_the_stricken/

Also looking through those comments, apparently I was working on ptr information that didn't make it to live when I thought stricken stacks worked for the group, so I guess I'm dropping that gem off my heal monk.

joesmokey

So I only read about the ICD for how stricken updates last night. Apparently it updates on death/potion/zone and it's 1/(sheet aps)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3k30ej/an_indepth_guide_to_bane_of_the_stricken/

Also looking through those comments, apparently I was working on ptr information that didn't make it to live when I thought stricken stacks worked for the group, so I guess I'm dropping that gem off my heal monk.
Yeah, so for Wizard it is pretty easy to snapshot it in Archon form.

For Barbs, apparently you snapshot it after ww into a bunch of mobs with pain enhancer proccing.

I wonder how much of a difference this makes.

Vicros

I just had a weird thing happen. I finished a GR with 0 minutes and 0 seconds remaining and the game didn't know what to do.

It counted as complete and I got the congratulatory speech from what's her name. But then it wouldnt let me upgrade gems. And since you can't turn in a complete rift until you deal with your gems, I couldn't turn it in in town and just had to exit the game. Never seen that before.

joesmokey

I just had a weird thing happen. I finished a GR with 0 minutes and 0 seconds remaining and the game didn't know what to do.

It counted as complete and I got the congratulatory speech from what's her name. But then it wouldnt let me upgrade gems. And since you can't turn in a complete rift until you deal with your gems, I couldn't turn it in in town and just had to exit the game. Never seen that before.
Probably a precision mismatch between their systems. That's pretty hilarious.

Dunfisch

Not a new bug, there's folks who had it happen before. Cutting it extremely close on Grifts may result in a inability to upgrade gems. As for reasons, Blizz is mum on it.

If anything, Eek might have it right -_- . Unfortunate in any case, but nothing for it. Rinse and repeat.

Baliis

Pushed my way back onto the HC leaderboard,but damn I had a scary moment lol. Got walled into a frozen pulse and a ton of mobs and just got confused for a second. Proced nerves of steel but got out still.

koji

Pushed my way back onto the HC leaderboard,but damn I had a scary moment lol. Got walled into a frozen pulse and a ton of mobs and just got confused for a second. Proced nerves of steel but got out still.

Congrats! I'm up to GR50 on my lagtooth doc, might be able to push it higher but after losing my pretty well geared carndoc last week I'm scared, want a furnace first...

Baliis

Congrats! I'm up to GR50 on my lagtooth doc, might be able to push it higher but after losing my pretty well geared carndoc last week I'm scared, want a furnace first...

Yea I finally picked up a furnace last night, makes suh a big difference. Can't decide if I like HotA or SS better for now though. I wanna try a rend build too when I push a bit higher.

joesmokey

Cleared GR61 but not sure I can clear GR62 (hota). It seems like my biggest barrier now is paragon levels? I'm 'only' para 638, which apparently is pretty low for trying to push mid-high 60s.

Maybe I just need to start snapshotting...

Nokterian

Playing Wizard now a lot of fun also..by the end of this season i think i will have done all classes lol but i am having fun that's important.

joesmokey

Looks like the new meta XP farming is doing GR65-70 runs without killing the boss.

People clear trash as fast as possible (<5mins), leave the rift once the boss is spawned and reset.

Anyone else up for trying this tonight?

Dahbomb

Looks like the new meta XP farming is doing GR65-70 runs without killing the boss.

People clear trash as fast as possible (<5mins), leave the rift once the boss is spawned and reset.

That's way too meta for me.

I would at least want that 1% chance to upgrade gems and the loot at the end. It doesn't even take that long to kill bosses these days.

eek5

Yeah I want my souls and 1% chance of upgrades. I can't imagine getting everyone to tp out, quit game, wait for everyone to quit game, remake new game is serisously saving you that much time. Save what, 1-2 mins max?

mercviper

Dumped a ton of offense for defense and somehow broke my record on 64 by 3 minutes this morning.

Swapped out a perfect witching hour for string of ears, radiance rune for blinding speed, and exalted soul for guardians path. I did upgrade some damage because I found a 30% eye of the storm, but no crit because I had to roll for a socket, so I lost 6% crit from helm and 7% ias from the lacunis I had on for it.

Definitely a lot of potential to get higher since I'm also wearing non-ancient fist of legend for both LoH and cdr.

Definitely need density to make the build work its best. It's big enough that I've been leaving the last 5-6 mobs of a pack alone unless they are near 1% hp and give lots like phase beasts and fatties.

joesmokey

Yeah I want my souls and 1% chance of upgrades. I can't imagine getting everyone to tp out, quit game, wait for everyone to quit game, remake new game is serisously saving you that much time. Save what, 1-2 mins max?
It's a bit faster than that since you can focus on full damage for trash (e.g. no Furnace, etc.).
Here's a good link.
It is a pretty tough pill to swallow though with only xp gains awarded.

eek5

It's a bit faster than that since you can focus on full damage for trash (e.g. no Furnace, etc.).
Here's a good link.
It is a pretty tough pill to swallow though with only xp gains awarded.

Going to be tough to find a party for that. You need to be pretty well geared, to the point where no drops really matter for you and the only upgrades are paragon points. I'm not at that point yet so I'd rather run 60-65's with loot than run 66-70 without loot.

eek5

Dumped a ton of offense for defense and somehow broke my record on 64 by 3 minutes this morning.

Swapped out a perfect witching hour for string of ears, radiance rune for blinding speed, and exalted soul for guardians path. I did upgrade some damage because I found a 30% eye of the storm, but no crit because I had to roll for a socket, so I lost 6% crit from helm and 7% ias from the lacunis I had on for it.

Definitely a lot of potential to get higher since I'm also wearing non-ancient fist of legend for both LoH and cdr.

Definitely need density to make the build work its best. It's big enough that I've been leaving the last 5-6 mobs of a pack alone unless they are near 1% hp and give lots like phase beasts and fatties.

Crazy. Not sure wha tI'm doing wrong because I can't pass 60 :\

Celegus

Awww yeeaaaah, that's more like it.

UFWi4w4.jpg

IceMarker

If only I actually did that tedious achievement where I talk to the Mystic after every. single. quest. in campaign mode.

Addnan

Uhh, unless you guys are para 1000+ with near perfect gear and your only improvement is going to be paragons don't do that.

eek5

Probably just technique. I can record a clear this weekend if you want to watch what I do.

Yeah that's probably it. I'm struggling hard on GR66's with WD too. I think I just don't have enough experience building density since I never really ran GRs before this season.

Also I'm crazy bad at this game

joesmokey

I'm stuck at what I should be doing with my season Wizard....any help would be great
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liferebooted-1675/hero/65364631
Are you not using Halo of Aryse + Unity + Obsidian? Not sure why I see Compass Rose on there.

Where are you stuck, in progression or just in what to upgrade?

Upgrade pointers:
Overall you should focus most of your life per hit on your weapon and ignore it in every other slot. You're trying to make up for it in other slots since you don't have it on your weapon, but look at the range it rolls on your weapon. It's a wasted stat in other slots in comparison.
Amulet - This needs to be Hellfire or Mara's or something like a good Elitch. Also need CC+CHD+Socket bare minimum. ATK SPD isn't really useful here.
Gloves - Life per hit isn't good here. Either get vit or get CDR. Vit for high GR push.
Belt - Get one with 20 stacks modifier.
Boots - Get one with Arcane Torrent dmg instead of movespeed. Not as critical.
Bracers - Element + cc + int + vit.
Source - Ancient is a requirement, not a recommendation.
Chest - Vit is necessary here. Probably armor as well (or potentially elite dmg reduction).
Shoulders - Probably want either CDR or +Life% rather than both res and armor.

Basically you have the pieces but they're mostly horribly rolled. Yes, you need to go for ancients as well. Start with Helm+Chest then go from there (boots, shoulders, pants).

Try using Blizzard Snowbound instead of Frost Nova. Two forms of CC is usually a little unnecessary. Snowbound + Arcane Torrent will help you build up your Chantodo's stacks higher before you go into Archon form.

Here's a look at my wizard that cleared GR56. I didn't have the hellfire amulet in that run.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/66477919

I've mostly given up on the gear at this point, but you can see which stats I'm prioritizing. It's not really enough just to have the pieces, you have to have the rolls too.

I'd also recommend re-arranging your skills based on what buttons you mash in Archon form. E.g. put Archon on 1 (same key as explosive blast) and something with a cooldown on 3. This will make it so that you don't burn unnecessary AP when you come out of Archon form before realizing it.

IceMarker

Finish your zdps monk and it'll go fast :)
I think all I need now are the jewelry items of the build and to level up the gems a bit more.

Like 20 grifts :p
I can barely solo 50. I only run three classes per season and last season was Cru, Barb, and WD, and this season is Cru, Monk, and Wizard. (Which by the way having awesome fun with all three.)

Is there a consensus on best potions per class?

I always like to run...
Crusader - Rejuvenation
Barbarian - Diamond
Demon Hunter - Fear
Wizard - Tower
Monk - Diamond
Witch Doctor - Fear

Top Bottom