• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Donos

Woohoo, got the 5th Maurader set item for my DH and with the rrod i get the full set bonus now. And damn that's like going from Kaioken to SSJ3 when i have 3 sentries out. That 300 % damage for my cluster arrows is nice.

Should be able to clear GR30-35 now. Edit: lol no, barely surived GR31 with 20 seconds left...

Is there a GAF PSN community?

add me: PSN: donos_de (EU/Germany)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What gem should I replace for Zei's Stone of Vengeance? For a Demon Hunter.

Pain Enhancer, Bane of the Powerful or Bane of the Trapped? They're all to rank 25 at least.

Dahbomb

Is it worth it to use Area Damage with Paragon points? I keep hearing how this stat is still bugged or not working as intended. Would those points be better used into Life on Hit?
Depends on the build really. Even if it's bugged it does give some damage increase to your character. If you need more survivability then put points into LoH.

taybul

Woohoo, got the 5th Maurader set item for my DH and with the rrod i get the full set bonus now. And damn that's like going from Kaioken to SSJ3 when i have 3 sentries out. That 300 % damage for my cluster arrows is nice.

Should be able to clear GR30-35 now. Edit: lol no, barely surived GR31 with 20 seconds left...

Is there a GAF PSN community?

add me: PSN: donos_de (EU/Germany)

Aim for the new UE DH set. I was running Nat's before this set and when I switched it was night and day. Went from barely surviving anything in T7 and was suddenly melting enemies in T9.

fucking hell I got 8 gems levelled to 50+ and I won't get the conquest
rage.gif

VoxPop

Anyone wanna let me join their T5+ game and let me just pick up loot on my barb? I have no gear so its kinda hard to be effective :p

Dunfisch

Aight EU side, I'm off starting tomorrow. I'll have the game client, a capable laptop and internet during my absence, but I doubt I'll be on much, if at all. See ya'll early November, if anyone's still active then.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What gem should I replace for Zei's Stone of Vengeance? For a Demon Hunter.

Pain Enhancer, Bane of the Powerful or Bane of the Trapped? They're all to rank 25 at least.

I don't know anything about the DH, but consider this:
- Bane of the Powerful is a good cookie-cutter beginner gem that works no matter the build... but it also means it's not as good as the rest of them.
- Bane of the Trapped is the go-to gem for pretty much all classes and all builds. When in doubt, use it. Every additional rank adds to its damage. It's pretty OP once you level it enough.

So yeah, ditch BotP and keep BotT. Don't know about pain enhancer, depends on the build.

I may be talking out of my ass though. Again, I know nothing about DHs.

[EDIT] Have fun in Croatia, Dunfisch!

Donos

Aim for the new UE DH set. I was running Nat's before this set and when I switched it was night and day. Went from barely surviving anything in T7 and was suddenly melting enemies in T9.

have a few pieces of this Unhallow Essence set but have to read up how this is good. Just reading the set bonuses, i don't understand it. Still, my other items are not all good so there is a lot of room for improvement for my DH with maurader.

Man, reading up some build/set discussions on the battlenet forums is like walking into a math class at MIT.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
LMAO @ Area damage crashing the game with this build....

Blizzard needs to fix area damage already, shit is getting stupid.

They could change area damage to just "enemies take X% increased damage for each enemy within 10 yards". That would cut down that CPU cost quite a bit.

Mind you, since they've had so much trouble getting it to work, maybe they'd be better off just dropping it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
They could change area damage to just "enemies take X% increased damage for each enemy within 10 yards". That would cut down that CPU cost quite a bit.

Mind you, since they've had so much trouble getting it to work, maybe they'd be better off just dropping it.

What is the issue it has currently? I've been out for a while.

Dahbomb

I don't want them to drop it, it's a very powerful stat if it starts to work again.

Hell I was thinking that once they fix Area Damage they can introduce a super area damage ring.

"Your area damage now also gives you 2x CHD. Your CHD on gear is negated".

IceMarker

Also nearly got my whole Vyr set only need my belt and ring.

I'm trying to make that build work, but for some reason I'm a glass cannon past GR40, even with 50+ Archon stacks. I have all the pieces too, the set, The Swami, Halo of Arlyse, and the seasonal belt.

Dunbar

Cleared the game for the first time tonight. Used a Demon Hunter and I finished at level 58. Is the next thing I should do keep using the same character and do bounties and rifts until I get to 70? I'm going to take a little break first but I'd like to max out at least one character to see what the level 70 content gives you.

Cleared the game for the first time tonight. Used a Demon Hunter and I finished at level 58. Is the next thing I should do keep using the same character and do bounties and rifts until I get to 70? I'm going to take a little break first but I'd like to max out at least one character to see what the level 70 content gives you.

Yeah keep going, the game is a whole different experience at 70 because the items you get will only drop at 70 and then certain items will only drop at torment difficulty. If you're into progression of just getting stronger and stronger then keep going!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm trying to make that build work, but for some reason I'm a glass cannon past GR40, even with 50+ Archon stacks. I have all the pieces too, the set, The Swami, Halo of Arlyse, and the seasonal belt.

Have you got the Ancient Parthan Defenders bracers and a double unity (with Templar)? Those are crucial if you wanna survive.

Nokterian

Whyyy does kadala hate me..i need that belt Fazula's Improbable Chain and Halo of Arylse ring..just those 2 is all i need for my Archon build if they could drop that would be fantastic also.

joesmokey

Pretty productive Diablo weekend...

We cleared GR70. Attempts at GR71 weren't even approachable due to lag. We'd have to seriously reconsider our setup to lessen as much lag as possible.

I also got my T7 farming Monk properly geared thanks to eek and merc. I only have one ancient Shenlong's though so I can't do T8 efficiently yet. My guy is already better at speedfarming db's than my barb or wizard though. Too bad w6bk2 can't use Sage's set.

Started looking at better builds for hota barb in a group. Top leaderboard spots are taking off Furious Charge for Frenzy and some are replacing War Cry with Overpowere. They're also using Illusory Boots in the cube over Strongarm (since no Furious Charge). Will be interesting to play around with this. I guess it makes more sense for proccing F+R rather than wasting a Furious Charge. Gives up a lot of mobility though.

My WD is stuck at GR59. I feel like I just don't do the damage I need. I can work around pack and survive OK. I got bored and I worked on my gen monk a little this weekend and got him up to GR57.

eek5

My WD is stuck at GR59. I feel like I just don't do the damage I need. I can work around pack and survive OK. I got bored and I worked on my gen monk a little this weekend and got him up to GR57.

Are you dying?

For me GR59-60 were tough because I was dying too much so I took off CoE for Unity which made it so that I didn't have to fish for rifts. You should have enough dmg to clear 58-61 with just Furnace/Grin/Unity combo in cube. I'd probably say that it should be possible to clear 95% of the rifts you get in time because you can just spend time building density and clearing. After 62+ you have to switch back to CoE and fish a bit. 63-65+ seems to be where shit hits the fan in terms of the amount of rifts you'll be able to reliably clear.

Are you dying?

For me GR59-60 were tough because I was dying too much so I took off CoE for Unity which made it so that I didn't have to fish for rifts. You should have enough dmg to clear 58-61 with just Furnace/Grin/Unity combo in cube. I'd probably say that it should be possible to clear 95% of the rifts you get in time because you can just spend time building density and clearing. After 62+ you have to switch back to CoE and fish a bit. 63-65+ seems to be where shit hits the fan in terms of the amount of rifts you'll be able to reliably clear.

Nah I'm not dying that much. Maybe I'm just not clearing trash and skipping mobs well enough?

eek5

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/67880613

It's doing some weird things were half my skills are still set with the ZDPS build and have not ...

BBV is soul harvest.

For the cube I have a furnace and the CoE and not the starmetal or RRoG

Upgrade your gems. Missing 300 int (basically you're missing 2-3 ancients worth of main stat) Your hellfire is pretty poop. int/cc/cd is better than ele/int/cd for sure. You need that CC.

In general you need more armor because of how soul harvest languish works. Buffs your armor so you want as much as you can get. Ideal pieces is secondary res roll so you can roll armor in the primaries.

Try wave of mutilation instead of nado for bears build. I find the coverage is better and it's cheaper and has a shorter cooldown which helps.

I'm not 100% sold on PtV especially if you have a low rolled scrimshaw. You lose too much from not being able to spam bears and you have to time it a lot to CoE cycle which gets annoying.

Conquest got unlocked after I got my 8th gem to level 50...
Now to get the last journey, doesn't seem too hard except for the speedrun TX I guess
Oh and the level 70 hardcore char. EH.

Trying to do boss mode conquest with barb, so good for finding boss but quite slow to kill them compared to my uliana monk... ugh. I did everything except malthael and urzel in 30 minutes, fuck

Upgrade your gems. Missing 300 int (basically you're missing 2-3 ancients worth of main stat) Your hellfire is pretty poop. int/cc/cd is better than ele/int/cd for sure. You need that CC.

In general you need more armor because of how soul harvest languish works. Buffs your armor so you want as much as you can get. Ideal pieces is secondary res roll so you can roll armor in the primaries.

Try wave of mutilation instead of nado for bears build. I find the coverage is better and it's cheaper and has a shorter cooldown which helps.

I'm not 100% sold on PtV especially if you have a low rolled scrimshaw. You lose too much from not being able to spam bears and you have to time it a lot to CoE cycle which gets annoying.

I like Piranado for it's crowd control features, but will try wave out. I'm so lazy with gems lol. It's not like I don't have the gold and pieces either. I tried rolling more helfire ammy's but got jack squat for my WD. I have some mats left to try more though. I ran out of souls from all that gambling I did. I'll keep at that too I guess. Swapping out pieces for ones with armor will be a more long terms goal.

if not PtV, what would you use? Gruesome feast?

EDIt: I have a really sweet Gruesome feast ammy if that would work in its place.

eek5

I like Piranado for it's crowd control features, but will try wave out. I'm so lazy with gems lol. It's not like I don't have the gold and pieces either. I tried rolling more helfire ammy's but got jack squat for my WD. I have some mats left to try more though. I ran out of souls from all that gambling I did. I'll keep at that too I guess. Swapping out pieces for ones with armor will be a more long terms goal.

if not PtV, what would you use? Gruesome feast?

EDIt: I have a really sweet Gruesome feast ammy if that would work in its place.

Gems is free DPS/toughness man.

Gruesome is pretty good, yeah. Vision quest is another one that I've played with. Lets you spam bears like non stop then you can swap out spiders for the pyrogeist or whatever rune on fire bomb or whatever that skill is called.

Gems is free DPS/toughness man.

Gruesome is pretty good, yeah. Vision quest is another one that I've played with. Lets you spam bears like non stop then you can swap out spiders for the pyrogeist or whatever rune on fire bomb or whatever that skill is called.

I swapped out PtV for Vision Quest and that gave me the mana I needed to beat level 60.

Now to finish the gams to 50, three gems to 60 and a hardcore character this season ....

eek5

I swapped out PtV for Vision Quest and that gave me the mana I needed to beat level 60.

Now to finish the gams to 50, three gems to 60 and a hardcore character this season ....

Nice! Congrats man. Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about PtV. Because it's additive it really ends up only being 10-16% dmg increase overall which is good but probably not the best. Vision quest is interesting because you can keep your bears up for a really long time which means you don't have to time your CoE cycles anymore.

I'm gearing my WD up in HC right now and only bears stuff is dropping so I guess it is bear spec. It'll give me good practice for pushing 66+ hopefully.

After finishing the season journey, reaching Paragon 800+ and gearing up my Barb/Monk I'm starting to lose focus. Thankfully the Static Charge build looks interesting enough to try out. It should keep me going for at least another few weeks.

Top Bottom