• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

dLMN8R

I've finally gotten into the end game for my first time in a couple of months. Going to thoroughly explore all the rifts, using the Kenai Cube, etc.

General question though - what should I be doing with most of my gear? I'm saving the super awesome items to harvest attributes from them with the Cube, but in general, should I just be salvaging everything?

ZenaxPure

but in general, should I just be salvaging everything?

Yep. This patch made crafting a rather huge part of the game as the cube consumes a ton of crafting mats. Salvage everything you don't see yourself ever using and make sure you are picking up every deaths breath you see on the ground.

Keep the legendaries for cube extracts if you're planning to do the season journey(assuming you play season of course), you need 100+ to get the thingie, just do a bunch of bounties and clear them every now and then so you don't waste too much space(start with anything that takes 2slots, keep jewelry/belt for later unless you actually need the power). Rest yeah just salvage everything, and if you're not sitting on a ton of crafting mats, loot everything. In fact, blues and especially whites are actually worth more than rares in terms of materials, so don't ignore them.

GR59 done 15 seconds too late, feels bad man
The taunt rune on threatening shout is miles better than falter damn... much more efficient at cleaning a rift by packing all that shit and getting the yellows to follow you rather than spend your life trying to finish them

Nice! Congrats man. Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about PtV. Because it's additive it really ends up only being 10-16% dmg increase overall which is good but probably not the best. Vision quest is interesting because you can keep your bears up for a really long time which means you don't have to time your CoE cycles anymore.

I'm gearing my WD up in HC right now and only bears stuff is dropping so I guess it is bear spec. It'll give me good practice for pushing 66+ hopefully.

I have a good deviner. I would like to try acid rain but need new bracers I think.

You don't need vision quest if you use blazing spiders. I did a 66 with the standard build from beginning of the season: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BarelyOK-2277/hero/64914514

Ps. upgrade your yellow gems!!

I was using blazing spiders and found the mana gained was minimal at best. Probably because I spam bears too much. Swapping out to vision quest was exactly what I needed as I could just spam bears instead of timing with CoE and juggling mana costs. If I wasn't having mana issues I was getting smoked before I applied bears.

Gems were upgraded last night lol.

Baliis

GR59 done 15 seconds too late, feels bad man
The taunt rune on threatening shout is miles better than falter damn... much more efficient at cleaning a rift by packing all that shit and getting the yellows to follow you rather than spend your life trying to finish them

I kept wondering why people used that rune until I tried it one day. Blew my mind.

dLMN8R

Questions about my Demon Hunter build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LMN8R-1553/hero/67011898

First - any general advice about skills I might try to swap out? I haven't been end-gaming enough yet to have equipment worries so I haven't started that route yet. But just for skills, anything glaring I should consider replacing?

One question about equipment though. My Nagelring is immensely difficult to get rid of even though it's only level 42. This is because of the Fallen Lunatic summoning it does. Those things are insane! When they explode they do something crazy, at least 1000%-2000% damage. They're so freaking powerful I just can't give them up.

I'm trying to get enough resources to harvest that attribute off the ring so I can finally replace it with another ring that's otherwise much better, but does anyone have other comments on that property in the meantime? Are there others which are even better?

ZenaxPure

Yeah taunt is insanely OP in this game. I used it with the leapquake build back in the day and it was incredible combined with the increased armor rune on leap. Hope that combo makes a return next patch with the updated set as it was a ton of fun at the time.

dLMN8R

I think I just noticed a massive gap in my above build. I just got two Maurader's items but I don't have Companion activated!

When it says "companion calls all companions to your side" that sounds....incredible?? Does it really summon everything including all of their abilities with no compromise? Raven + Bat + Spider + Boar + Ferret + Wolf?

I think I just noticed a massive gap in my above build. I just got two Maurader's items but I don't have Companion activated!

When it says "companion calls all companions to your side" that sounds....incredible?? Does it really summon everything including all of their abilities with no compromise? Raven + Bat + Spider + Boar + Ferret + Wolf?

Yes it summons all of them, including their passive and active components.

Decado

My friend and I finished D3 a year or so ago. Good combat as far as clicky ARPGs go, but all the character customization and loot aspects were pretty bad so we didn't bother with the expansion. With all the changes over the past year or so, have they made leveling and progression satisfying?

Baliis

My friend and I finished D3 a year or so ago. Good combat as far as clicky ARPGs go, but all the character customization and loot aspects were pretty bad so we didn't bother with the expansion. With all the changes over the past year or so, have they made leveling and progression satisfying?

Leveling takes like, 3 hours if you know what you're doing, so that's pretty satisfying. Or like 15 mins if you just get power leveled. The progression is much better once at max level though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Leveling takes like, 3 hours if you know what you're doing, so that's pretty satisfying. Or like 15 mins if you just get power leveled. The progression is much better once at max level though.

AND the loot system is much better than it used to be: less but better loot, and legendaries and set items have much more useful properties now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

How would an inexperienced/casual player level in 3 hours?

Unless you have some lvl 70 legendary weapon that you downgraded to lvl 1 using the gem of ease, which would allow you to easily do Torment difficulties at low lvls, and a bunch of other low lvl legendaries you kept in stock for some reason, then putting some high rank legendary gems in socketed yellow rings & amulet, I really don't know how you can reach lvl 1 to 70 in 3 hours. I've leveled my season characters with my girlfriend and it took us a few days by starting at Hard, then moving difficulty up to Expert or Master depending on our gear.

In other words, all of this would be impossible for a new player like him, who even though he played over a year ago, it was pre-expansion, so probably have a bunch of vanilla lvl 60 gear that aren't worth anything nowadays...not to mention probably poor as hell(unless he played with the AH, which I doubt looking at his post) and not with a single one of those +280 stats gems in stock.

But if you do have some secret you'd like to share... it'd be nice. :p

Baliis

How would an inexperienced/casual player level in 3 hours?

Unless you have some lvl 70 legendary weapon that you downgraded to lvl 1 using the gem of ease, which would allow you to easily do Torment difficulties at low lvls, and a bunch of other low lvl legendaries you kept in stock for some reason, then putting some high rank legendary gems in socketed yellow rings & amulet, I really don't know how you can reach lvl 1 to 70 in 3 hours solo.

In other words, all of this would be impossible for a new player like him, who even though he played over a year ago, it was pre-expansion, so probably have a bunch of vanilla lvl 60 gear that aren't worth anything nowadays...not to mention probably poor as hell(unless he played with the AH, which I doubt looking at his post) and not with a single one of those +280 stats gems in stock.

But if you do have some secret you'd like to share... it'd be nice. :p

I did say if they know what they're doing. 3 hours is prob a bit of exaggeration, but it only took me and my group this season like 3.5 to hit 70 just straight running rifts. With some good luck on density and a good group setting to maximize damage, its really fast. Even just doing bounties in the previous seasons it took me like 5 hours max? Idk, I've been 70 the first night of all four seasons fast enough that most of the classes didn't even have anyone on the leaderboards yet.

Just looking back at OT2 and the start of season 3 (318, 50ppp), procarbine and freakinchair were both posting screenshots of themselves on the leaderboards and I was complaining I hadn't gotten a trial key yet only 5.5 hours into the season, and I was significantly faster at leveling in this season.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I did say if they know what they're doing. 3 hours is prob a bit of exaggeration, but it only took me and my group this season like 3.5 to hit 70 just straight running rifts. With some good luck on density and a good group setting to maximize damage, its really fast. Even just doing bounties in the previous seasons it took me like 5 hours max? Idk, I've been 70 the first night of all four seasons fast enough that most of the classes didn't even have anyone on the leaderboards yet.

Just looking back at OT2 and the start of season 3 (318, 50ppp), procarbine and freakinchair were both posting screenshots of themselves on the leaderboards and I was complaining I hadn't gotten a trial key yet only 5.5 hours into the season, and I was significantly faster at leveling in this season.

One flaw here: beginners don't have access to Adventure mode. You must first finish Campaign mode :p.

Baliis

One flaw here: beginners don't have access to Adventure mode. You must first finish Campaign mode :p.

Do you have to if you play seasons? I don't think so since I know I don't have adventure unlocked in non seasons HC but can do it in seasons just fine.

B-Man

noob disclaimer!
So finally i was able to craft both the hellfire ring & amulet.
am i missing something here ? i'm playing with a crusader on my PS4, and they were both a huge backward step to what i already had, am i doing something wrong ? do i need to equip a gem or something ?
please tell me i didn't waste all this time for .. this :(

also, any tips for a casual player? i'm paragon level 150ish and still only on Torment level 5, i feel like i should be further at this point. so any tips to what might improve my game would be appreciated.

PS : i just got yesterday the 5th peace in the seeker of the light set, haven't tried it yet (still need to convert it till i get the shoulder), maybe that blessed hummer damage increase help getting into further torment levels.

Baliis

noob disclaimer!
So finally i was able to craft both the hellfire ring & amulet.
am i missing something here ? i'm playing with a crusader on my PS4, and they were both a huge backward step to what i already had, am i doing something wrong ? do i need to equip a gem or something ?
please tell me i didn't waste all this time for .. this :(

also, any tips for a casual player? i'm paragon level 150ish and still only on Torment level 5, i feel like i should be further at this point. so any tips to what might improve my game would be appreciated.

PS : i just got yesterday the 5th peace in the seeker of the light set, haven't tried it yet (still need to convert it till i get the shoulder), maybe that blessed hummer damage increase help getting into further torment levels.

Seeker of the light doesn't really do much until you get the six piece, then its a crazy damage buff. The hellfire ammy/rings are just items, they still have to roll well. I'm not sure what you were expecting there.

B-Man

Seeker of the light doesn't really do much until you get the six piece, then its a crazy damage buff. The hellfire ammy/rings are just items, they still have to roll well. I'm not sure what you were expecting there.

I cubed that ring that decreases the set number by one, so i should have the whole set bonus once i convert the redundant peace i got yesterday. as for the hellfire items, i was expecting them to be the "best in class" if such a thing exist, after all the farming i had to do to find the keys.

any tips on paragon levels and what should i be investing in ? also typically for my paragon level (150-160), which torment level should i be able to clear ?

Bisnic

I cubed that ring that decreases the set number by one, so i should have the whole set bonus once i convert the redundant peace i got yesterday. as for the hellfire items, i was expecting them to be the "best in class" if such a thing exist, after all the farming i had to do to find the keys.

any tips on paragon levels and what should i be investing in ? also typically for my paragon level (150-160), which torment level should i be able to clear ?

I would say that knowing how far you progressed with a class set, if you still have yellows or not, what powers you're using with the cube and what legendary gems you're using is much more important than Paragon levels for knowing what Torment level would be better for you.

The rings are bad but the amulets tend to be best in slot, however you need a good one, so you need to farm a lot of them. It's not really so bad on torment 10, but you need the gear to farm T10 quick, you get keys most of the time on T10 and most fights drop 3organs. Best way to do hellfire stuff though is to farm in a group(which might be annoying to find on playstation I have no idea) since you get 4keys per kill(or well 3ish) and then you kill all the ubers and get 10 or so organs to try to get a good amulet.

It's a lot of busywork though and should generally be left for last, as the advantage it provides tends to be limited and not useful until you're doing really high GR.

For paragons, it tends to be movespeed to cap(25% is base cap, make it so paragon+gear=25%) > mainstat, crit or critdamage or cooldown reduction depending on build > attackspeed, armor% or all resist > life % > life regen and for the last it's area damage > ressource cost reduction > life on hit > gold.

eek5

My WD on HC got pretty beast in under 20 hrs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/66664276

Just cleared 51 last night with maybe 2 sketchy moments because I was falling sleep. Didn't proc SV though so I'll probably keep pushing. I'm slightly worried about my dude dying since I have no back up sets so I'll return to nothing if my WD dies but whatever.

I need to do some bounties but it seems like nobody does public T7 split bounties on HC; couldn't find any games last night which was whack.

Baliis

My WD on HC got pretty beast in under 20 hrs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/66664276

Just cleared 51 last night with maybe 2 sketchy moments because I was falling sleep. Didn't proc SV though so I'll probably keep pushing. I'm slightly worried about my dude dying since I have no back up sets so I'll return to nothing if my WD dies but whatever.

I need to do some bounties but it seems like nobody does public T7 split bounties on HC; couldn't find any games last night which was whack.

Really? I've never had any trouble finding a game

Ingeniero

I always see a low number or players in public games...
And when I join, all of them are brazilians, why? Is there a hidden option to find only players that are geographically close? It's very annoying because I don't understand anything they say
JzKGOjM.png

I'm in Perú.

Bisnic

At what point does critical hit damage become more important than critical hit chance? I figured that when you're around 40% chance, damage would be better(especially when you attack pretty fast), but the Damage stat says otherwise...

Dahbomb

At what point does critical hit damage become more important than critical hit chance? I figured that when you're around 40% chance, damage would be better(especially when you attack pretty fast), but the Damage stat says otherwise...
Use the 1/10 ratio rule.

If you have 40% CC but only 300% CHD then you should be prioritizing CHD. If you have 500% CHD then you should prioritize getting more CC.

However you want maximum CC and CHD on every piece of item that can have it (generally speaking). So there's hardly a point where you need to make a choice between CC vs CHD.

eek5

depends how much of it. back then you wanted some kind of balance like 10cc per 100 cd but now you should stack as much as you can when you can of both lol

Bisnic

It's just that i got that one ring currently where i can only get one, not both. So its either 5-6% crit chance, or the closer i can get to 50% damage. I used to have 6% crit chance, but now with 43% crit damage, my damage still show as lower than before.

Currently got 39% crit chance and 445% crit damage.

Another thing...

JvK0k4k.png

Game says I would lose 10% damage and 8% recovery if I choose the crossbow...(and that's without the lost 15% cold damage) so what's the advantage of using a 2nd crossbow when you can't even beat a quiver? Seems to be like this most of the time from what i saw.
Do I need some ridiculously high damage crossbow(3200+) to even consider using one as offhand?

Another thing...

Game says I would lose 10% damage and 8% recovery if I choose the crossbow...(and that's without the lost 15% cold damage) so what's the advantage of using a 2nd crossbow when you can't even beat a quiver? Seems to be like this most of the time from what i saw.
Do I need some ridiculously high damage crossbow(3200+) to even consider using one as offhand?

It really depends but there's a bunch of potential reasons to use dual wield. Mostly, your offhand needs to provide a stronger bonus than a quiver. Danetta isn't it, unless you have the other Danetta, then you have the set and that bonus is weighted versus the higher damage. For DH, that's not really favorable unless speed farming but say for Barb their Bulkathos swords for Whirlwind are better than using a 2H that'd provide more sheet damage. For DH a similar example would be a Calamity, since it's more or less a flat 20% increase in damage.

Also sheet DPS often uses kinda irrelevant numbers to calculate its value. For example it'll value attack speed much higher than it really should be valued at. It also averages the damage of your 2 weapons, when some skills don't actually use your offhand making the damage range on it irrelevant(this is notably the case for Rain of Vengeance and as such as a massive impact on Natalya set weapon choices).

Short story is, use a Quiver until you get a good offhand. Dual wielding is only really relevant for Natalya set anyway, and you'll generally want Natalya xbow+Calamity so you have a free cube weapon slot, using the best in your main hand and the other can be poorly rolled in your offhand due to RoV mechanics.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's just that i got that one ring currently where i can only get one, not both. So its either 5-6% crit chance, or the closer i can get to 50% damage. I used to have 6% crit chance, but now with 43% crit damage, my damage still show as lower than before.

Currently got 39% crit chance and 445% crit damage.

Another thing...

JvK0k4k.png

the advantage of a second crossbow is:

set bonus or extra standalone legendary effect
another 130% crit damage
10% attack speed is included passively (someone correct me if this is not true anymore)

quiver just has more raw stats, but it depends on what you are trying to build for.

the dps in your main hand is the only one that matters, as well. So you can use a shitty weapon damage in your second slot and/or enchant off the weapon damage modifiers to something else.

Mutombo

guys. first time posting here. can say, to may dismay, I have become quite addicted with 2.3 after not playing D3 since the very beginning. Tried a new season hardcore character, crusader, and have sort of maxed out all the equipment. I've got the Light set, I've got an ancient guard of johanna, I'm rocking restraint and focus. Only thing left for me to do is maybe try to find an ancient mace of johanna, or some other hard hitting one handed weapon. Look at the character here and give me tips, if you want to. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeantot-1709/hero/65737185

So what is there left for me to do? Try and get better rolls on my items? Try higher rifts? Play until death?

This is sort of rhetorical. Because I know that's all there is left to do. Yet I can't stop playing.

ZenaxPure

So what is there left for me to do? Try and get better rolls on my items? Try higher rifts? Play until death?

This is sort of rhetorical. Because I know that's all there is left to do. Yet I can't stop playing.

Just have to set your own personal goals pretty much. Personally I try to push myself to see how high a GR I can get on my barbarian each season without playing like a crazy person. Once I hit a big wall I start seeing what the other new popular builds are for other classes and playing those while casually getting some more paragon levels to help me push my barb into some higher GRs.

Mostly been playing my Monk lately since I wanted to see U6, been having a lot of fun with it. Actually finally got around to leveling a wizard as well for some bounty runs since infinite teleport is too OP.

Radec

guys. first time posting here. can say, to may dismay, I have become quite addicted with 2.3 after not playing D3 since the very beginning. Tried a new season hardcore character, crusader, and have sort of maxed out all the equipment. I've got the Light set, I've got an ancient guard of johanna, I'm rocking restraint and focus. Only thing left for me to do is maybe try to find an ancient mace of johanna, or some other hard hitting one handed weapon. Look at the character here and give me tips, if you want to. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeantot-1709/hero/65737185

Try other classes.

For me, I'm finished with a class when I hit GR60.

Ohnonono

Have never posted in DIablogaf but here is my profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/66242029

My seasonal Wizard. I play with other people a lot so I have'nt bothered to use a follower yet (doing Grifts with no follower is kinda silly I know.) As far as I can tell I am just hunting for maybe a better Amulet, better Halo and Ancient stuff. Would like some more recovery too but that just has to come on lucky drops.

Top Bottom