• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Firemind

guys. first time posting here. can say, to may dismay, I have become quite addicted with 2.3 after not playing D3 since the very beginning. Tried a new season hardcore character, crusader, and have sort of maxed out all the equipment. I've got the Light set, I've got an ancient guard of johanna, I'm rocking restraint and focus. Only thing left for me to do is maybe try to find an ancient mace of johanna, or some other hard hitting one handed weapon. Look at the character here and give me tips, if you want to. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeantot-1709/hero/65737185

So what is there left for me to do? Try and get better rolls on my items? Try higher rifts? Play until death?

This is sort of rhetorical. Because I know that's all there is left to do. Yet I can't stop playing.
Seems like none of your items are rerolled. You do know there's an option to reroll affixes, right? That will help a ton. Like it's not even funny. Ask if you're not sure which affixes to roll away.

Get an ancient Johanna's Argument. Get a Furnace and cube it. Get 2 Unity if you largely play solo. Get a String of Ears. Get Gabriel's Vambraces. Level up your gems by pushing GRs. Best gems are probably Bane of the Stricken, Pain Enhancer and Bane of the Trapped or Taeguk.

The currently ranked #1000 Crusader on the HC EU leaderboard only finished GR45, which is easily doable. My main is a barb and the current #1000 is GR58. LOL
please kill me

joesmokey

Have never posted in DIablogaf but here is my profile.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fizlah-1379/hero/66242029

My seasonal Wizard. I play with other people a lot so I have'nt bothered to use a follower yet (doing Grifts with no follower is kinda silly I know.) As far as I can tell I am just hunting for maybe a better Amulet, better Halo and Ancient stuff. Would like some more recovery too but that just has to come on lucky drops.
Ancient source should be your highest priority. That's as important as an ancient weapon. Speaking of, Life per hit is more important than +%dmg in high GR.

Other than that, gear looks pretty solid outside of your gloves (ditch the atk spd). Also get a belt with 20 stacks, not 16.

Try cubing Furnace if you have it. Fulminator build is a little outdated by Furnace or Aether Walker cubed now.

Ohnonono

Ancient source should be your highest priority. That's as important as an ancient weapon. Speaking of, Life per hit is more important than +%dmg in high GR.

Other than that, gear looks pretty solid outside of your gloves (ditch the atk spd). Also get a belt with 20 stacks, not 16.

Try cubing Furnace if you have it. Fulminator build is a little outdated by Furnace or Aether Walker cubed now.

I have a Furnace, just tried Fulminator once last night. Will take your advice and swap that back in. As for the Life per Hit I thought about rorolling the 10% but maaaaan thats a ton of damage. May try it out.

eek5

Damn, pushing helltooth really wrecked my hand. Need to take a break from the game and see if it gets better.
You probably know this but you can hold down firewall button to drop 3 firewalls if you don't have to reposition them. I always do that when I want to stack 3.

Well someone in this guild had to take a Wizard to GR60:

Clan ded. No one cares.
jk congrats bro

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I have a Furnace, just tried Fulminator once last night. Will take your advice and swap that back in. As for the Life per Hit I thought about rorolling the 10% but maaaaan thats a ton of damage. May try it out.

Also, upgrade your gems. It's not enough to get them to lvl 25. Higher ranks add up a lot, especially with Bane of the Trapped cause every new rank means higher damage.

Ohnonono

Also, upgrade your gems. It's not enough to get them to lvl 25. Higher ranks add up a lot, especially with Bane of the Trapped cause every new rank means higher damage.

Yeah I am, trying just to get those to 25 then I will start leveling them up more. I was originally playing Tal Rasha's so I had a couple of gems I threw levels in for that. Kinda started over with some of that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
razr naga user. Always put my abilities on the numbers. I can play with just the mouse!

Dahbomb

QWER for skills (helps retain muscle memory for MOBAs), 1 for pot, 2 for force move. Space for hold.

Rest is pretty much default.

mercviper

QWER skills, F potion (who really needs to change follower setup anyway?) and mouse wheel force move, which is amazing once you get used to it.

My only keybind gripe with d3 is they lock you out of binding shift+clicks, as well as shift+enter, as that's my goto binding for whisper replies

Dahbomb

Why do you guys use Force Move? I feel out of the loop on this one...
Sometimes you need to move to a spot on the map in between mobs and you don't want to make an attack. It's pretty important with Monks because if you do click on an enemy accidentally you will end up teleporting to it due to either your Generator or Epiphany dash.

ZenaxPure

Sometimes you need to move to a spot on the map in between mobs and you don't want to make an attack. It's pretty important with Monks because if you do click on an enemy accidentally you will end up teleporting to it due to either your Generator or Epiphany dash.

It's pretty much important with every class. Not using force move is weird at this point.

Anyhow I mostly use the default setup, 1-4 but I swap my potion to ~ because it just makes sense if you are rolling with that setup, all my keys are in a perfect line on the keyboard.

For force move though I just use the alt key. Alt won't function as its own keybinding in D3 but can be used as a modifier, so I just bound force move to alt + left click/right click. Just feels more natural for me that way, when I want to not accidentally click shit I just hold alt and walk like normal, when I want to click shit I let go of alt and walk like normal. Can't stand alternate button inputs for moving my character in these kinds of games.

Negaduck

Okay this is something I need to start using. I've had issues in rifts with my DH sometimes dying because he wants to shoot people instead of run away.

Lain

I haven't managed to find an ancient Chantodo's Will yet. Still tried to do a GR50 solo anyways but died 3-4 times and so didn't get to complete in time. Ranged mobs are always my bane.
How do you Vyr guys manage to keep up with the Arcane Power requirement of spamming Arcane Torrent? Is it a question of mob density?
I find myself starving for AP when out of Archon form more than not. Granted I'm only close to 400 Paragons and my gear needs lot of improvements but still... would swapping Conduit in place of Deflection be a useful change?

joesmokey

It's pretty much important with every class. Not using force move is weird at this point.
As a wizard this has never been an issue.

I haven't managed to find an ancient Chantodo's Will yet. Still tried to do a GR50 solo anyways but died 3-4 times and so didn't get to complete in time. Ranged mobs are always my bane.
How do you Vyr guys manage to keep up with the Arcane Power requirement of spamming Arcane Torrent? Is it a question of mob density?
I find myself starving for AP when out of Archon form more than not. Granted I'm only close to 400 Paragons and my gear needs lot of improvements but still... would swapping Conduit in place of Deflection be a useful change?
Running out of AP shouldn't be an issue with the +max ap bonuses and arcane power on crit. What's your total crit chance? You should be maxing your AP in paragon points if you're not already.

How much AP are you spending on teleport while out of Archon?

Lain

Running out of AP shouldn't be an issue with the +max ap bonuses and arcane power on crit. What's your total crit chance? You should be maxing your AP in paragon points if you're not already.

How much AP are you spending on teleport while out of Archon?

I'm sitting at 47.5% crit chance as I dropped the crit chance paragons for cooldown reduction instead because of the nova proc buff bringing me over 50%. I've almost maxed the AP with paragons too.

I do find myself teleporting around a bit too much when out of Archon to get away from all the ranged stuff thrown my way, so I guess that plays a role in my AP problem. I only have 3 AP on Crit on my Source (nothing on my helm). I guess that could also be a problem?

joesmokey

I'm sitting at 47.5% crit chance as I dropped the crit chance paragons for cooldown reduction instead because of the nova proc buff bringing me over 50%. I've almost maxed the AP with paragons too.

I do find myself teleporting around a bit too much when out of Archon to get away from all the ranged stuff thrown my way, so I guess that plays a role in my AP problem. I only have 3 AP on Crit on my Source (nothing on my helm). I guess that could also be a problem?
I'd pay attention to the teleporting and focus on that. It should be very fast to get 20 stacks up. With Halo of Aryse + Frost Nova, you shouldn't have to avoid too much until you get that 20. Once you do, TP around all you want.

I'm at 49%cc and 44.29%cdr for comparison with only 4 apoc.

Edit: I just realized you aren't wearing Unity or cubing it. Fix that first :p.

joesmokey

I still have to see 1 drop in season XD
Should I use it in place of CoE (if I manage to find one for me and one for my follower)?
There have been people that have been successful with the Halo+CoE+Obsidian combo, but I don't know how much of that is down to rift fishing. Unity instead of CoE is definitely the preferred option for me.

rizzo0

So I just started my first HC seasonal character a few nights ago and he just died tonight at level 50. Please guys tell me what is the fastest way to PLevel a new HC character. Can't believe I got owned by Bilal.

Baliis

So I just started my first HC seasonal character a few nights ago and he just died tonight at level 50. Please guys tell me what is the fastest way to PLevel a new HC character. Can't believe I got owned by Bilal.

Are you playing us seasons? I can plevel you if you are

eek5

Me too. Limited time offer though because my WD is probably going to die within the next day or two. #PushUntilYouDie

Mutombo

Seems like none of your items are rerolled. You do know there's an option to reroll affixes, right? That will help a ton. Like it's not even funny. Ask if you're not sure which affixes to roll away.

Get an ancient Johanna's Argument. Get a Furnace and cube it. Get 2 Unity if you largely play solo. Get a String of Ears. Get Gabriel's Vambraces. Level up your gems by pushing GRs. Best gems are probably Bane of the Stricken, Pain Enhancer and Bane of the Trapped or Taeguk.

The currently ranked #1000 Crusader on the HC EU leaderboard only finished GR45, which is easily doable. My main is a barb and the current #1000 is GR58. LOL
please kill me

Have most of those gems, might've gotten rid of my string of ears but will probably find one, and still working on getting that ancient johannas argument! Keep getting crappy ones and i keep running out of forgotten souls.

Might try a different build as well, since I think I've accidentally found the whole of Roland's set.

Baliis

Me too. Limited time offer though because my WD is probably going to die within the next day or two. #PushUntilYouDie

How high are you now? I haven't tried to push past 55 yet, wanna get my paragon up a bit still, but I'm too busy playing Destiny to do grifts much lol.

eek5

How high are you now? I haven't tried to push past 55 yet, wanna get my paragon up a bit still, but I'm too busy playing Destiny to do grifts much lol.
Pushed from 51 to 55 last night. Started to get real sketchy around 53 but I kept going because of thug life. Hands got too sweaty around 55 to keep going though. I'm probably going to wipe on 56. My guy is pretty weak and I'm surprised I was able to get so far already...

Do you bail on rifts if the guardian is bad? I got butcher at 55 and it was a real pain in the ass because his chain attack one shots me. That's probably my biggest fear other than getting some shitty affix combination like jailer trapping me on top of an arcane beam while being frozen or some shit. Hitting a RG with random one shot skills is probably what will kill my dude.

Baliis

Pushed from 51 to 55 last night. Started to get real sketchy around 53 but I kept going because of thug life. Hands got too sweaty around 55 to keep going though. I'm probably going to wipe on 56. My guy is pretty weak and I'm surprised I was able to get so far already...

Do you bail on rifts if the guardian is bad? I got butcher at 55 and it was a real pain in the ass because his chain attack one shots me. That's probably my biggest fear other than getting some shitty affix combination like jailer trapping me on top of an arcane beam while being frozen or some shit. Hitting a RG with random one shot skills is probably what will kill my dude.

I haven't really pushed my limits at all get, 55 was pretty easy for me just with a standard HotA build so idk. I just tanked the RG. Funnily enough, the only times I've ever procced were in a 60 cuz I stood in molten, and like, a random ass 40 or something I was doing lol. I opened a door and immediately got charged by like 20 of those fuckers from field of misery and it dropped me instantly lol. Only rift I've bailed on, just noped out after that.

Firemind

NEtbeRq.jpg

I'm one mighty weapon away from doing GR55, guys!

ANY DAY NOW.

(sidenote: On HC, would you reroll vitality or %damage for CDR?)

Ohnonono

If your AP starts to drain because you are attacking a billion times a second just let up a second and stagger your clicks. It should not be a huge issue. Also make sure when you get out of Archon you are not spamming another skill a couple of times before you realize it. That will kill your AP and then you lean on AT and it drains fast.

Top Bottom