• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Negaduck

So i just bought vanilla yesterday and im fucking addicted. My witch doctor is already level 22 after playing a couple hours on expert. I think ill get around to buying the expansion when i get towards the end

Any beginner tips, tricks, or easter eggs?

I just caught the bug too, diablo never really clicked with me like it has recently and now I can't stop playing. Just cleared my latest GR with about a quarter to half the time left. Gonna bump the next GR up maybe 4-5 levels instead of the regular 2 I do each time.

Trying to get Yang's recurve, what's the best way to get that? Kanai's cube?

Just keep playing. The leveling process and endgame have very little in common in terms of structure, they may as well be 2 different games. Especially considering you are presumably doing the story right now which you will never touch again after buying the expansion and gaining access to adventure mode.

Oh i see. So adventure mode is basically a free-roam mode i assume?

Negaduck

Kind of. Adventure mode will put 5 bounties in each act (clear 2nd floor of dungeon, kill named elite) that when you finish the 5 in the act you will get a chest with loot, epics and stuff most of the time.

Then you can also do nephalim rifts, randomly generated dungeons that after you kill a certain amount (there is a progress bar), you fight a boss and get loot that way.

ZenaxPure

Yes and no, has all the maps in the game and you can teleport around them freely and complete quests to get unique items/crafting materials. But it also has Rifts which are randomly generated dungeons (you open from town) with random enemy spawns/combinations and that is where the vast majority of the game is spent. So yeah you are in a free roam mode but you will be spending most of your time in town just doing random dungeons.

I was thinking about buying this game. Only $20 so it seemed like an ok deal. But I think I was mistaken... do you have to buy the original game AND Reaper of Souls, for $20 each?

I was thinking about buying this game. Only $20 so it seemed like an ok deal. But I think I was mistaken... do you have to buy the original game AND Reaper of Souls, for $20 each?

You technically don't NEED RoS, but you'll be missing on most of the important stuff for endgame, and I'd say for 20$ it's expensive if you only want to play the story and not actually do endgame stuff for a while.

So yeah you have to buy both, there's sometimes sales so they're a bit less but overall it's still about 40bucks.

You technically don't NEED RoS, but you'll be missing on most of the important stuff for endgame, and I'd say for 20$ it's expensive if you only want to play the story and not actually do endgame stuff for a while.

So yeah you have to buy both, there's sometimes sales so they're a bit less but overall it's still about 40bucks.

Thank you for the info. $40 is a little more than I want to spend... and I heard the base game isn't that great. But that was around when it first came out, so maybe they have improved it. I have Battle.net so I'll try the free version and see how I like it. I really like Torchlight II so I was looking for a newer game with a more active playerbase.

eek5

Thank you for the info. $40 is a little more than I want to spend... and I heard the base game isn't that great. But that was around when it first came out, so maybe they have improved it. I have Battle.net so I'll try the free version and see how I like it. I really like Torchlight II so I was looking for a newer game with a more active playerbase.

The 0-60 progression is better now but the stuff you hear us raving about here is RoS and the end-game associated with it.

I'm not even sure how the base game plays now TBH but I can't imagine it will be that fun towards the end as you'll be farming "meaningless" gear, missing out on legendary drops that basically define entire builds, and on top of that I doubt Blizzard is balancing the game around L60 any more so end game there might feel real weird.

If you're looking for an active player base you won't find it on base either. Almost all of the player base is playing season 4 RoS now.

I have a backuphcwd that I can PL you with.

I can always pl you as well, and probably twice as fast as eek :p

ZING lol ...

I got GR61 on a pretty half assed static charge monk. I really need LOH on my weapons but they both rolled LPK as secondary so no LOH can roll as main stat, only LpSS.

The play style is taking some time to get used to, but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

eek5

Is it really a zinger if it is a statement of fact? I can still PL but it isn't nearly as fast as I could before. Luckily my farm gear didn't overlap with my push gear that much and I had the foresight to start upgrading a second set of gems before I lost my stronger WD but it isn't as fast as it would've been last week for sure.

Then again, if I can get my hands on an ancient manajuma's knife I can run spider set and PL someone in 10-15 mins so I'm really only 1 piece away from really fast PL

taybul

Trying to get Yang's recurve, what's the best way to get that? Kanai's cube?

When I was farming my process would typically be to blow shards on 2H bows then convert the rares to legs. Fortunately mine came from shards so I didn't have to use up too many mats.

Tarazet

Yes and well worth it. I've gotten less play time out of some subscription MMO's than I have out of Diablo III since RoS.

moojito

I got a corrupted ashbringer drop today while running round a t7 rift on my seismic slam barb.
Really gutted it doesn't seem to fit into any builds.

Dat 6 piece set bonus for the immortal kings though. SS crits coming up like french telephone numbers.

eek5

I got a corrupted ashbringer drop today while running round a t7 rift on my seismic slam barb.
Really gutted it doesn't seem to fit into any builds.

Dat 6 piece set bonus for the immortal kings though. SS crits coming up like french telephone numbers.

Yeah I got a pretty much perfectly rolled one last season. Even used a gift on it. Ended up turning it into a soul a couple days later to free up space lol.

I just got RoS (better late than never!) and it's pretty fun but, being another newbie, I'm kind of confused on what I should be doing. I did read the responses others have posted to the other noobs; thanks for those.

For better gear, do I just run bounties/rifts for materials (and hopefully good item drops) then use shards at Kadala for items I want? Rinse/repeat forever until I get what I'm looking for?

Use the cube to re-roll a legendary and/or upgrade rares to legendary?

For instance, I have a legendary Yang's Recurve for my Demon Hunter but it doesn't seem very good to me. If I want another one with better stats, do I re-roll it with the cube or do I have to hope for one from Kadala or a drop?

I guess I'm just confused about the process of finding better and better gear. Seems like it's rifts/bounties, (pray), Kadala, repeat, with some cube thrown in but I'm probably missing something big.

Nokterian

Doing Del'Rasha again but this time magic missile and twister fire..those 2 work amazing since fire does more splash damage and it is beautiful! Vyr is awesome but Del'Rasha gives me more a awesome feeling having control on the situation.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Doing Del'Rasha again but this time magic missile and twister fire..those 2 work amazing since fire does more splash damage and it is beautiful! Vyr is awesome but Del'Rasha gives me more a awesome feeling having control on the situation.

also meteors

Tarazet

I'm in a strange place. I have my Barb alternating between chain-running GR45's and chain-running T8 rifts.. and feeding everything to my new WD that is too slow to use yet until I can get 6p Helltooth. In between I've had to farm for white mats as well in the Abandoned Siege Camp, which feels totally incongruous.. but I kept running out trying to craft an ancient Henri's kitten.

joesmokey

I think I lost my interest for logging into season 4 already. I feel like I'm stuck behind a wall of the super hour players.

Doing 63 on my HotA barb wasn't bad. I can probably do 64 with fishing non-stop, but that's not super interesting. My rend build is complete but I'm not really a fan of the play style and don't really care to spend time learning how to optimize it fully.

I'm not even plvl 700 yet so group play is pretty much out of the question. Even though I have the gear and the skill, there are no groups to join. Communities were plvl 800 minimum the last I checked.

This season's meta is pretty strange. It will be interesting to see if Blizzard can change the group dynamic around in 2.4.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
BlizzCon floor plan is out. Diablo 3 is the little booth in the corner behind the face painting, lol
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19914525/

RFG7N0S16TDJ1444151193839.jpg

eek5

BlizzCon floor plan is out. Diablo 3 is the little booth in the corner behind the face painting, lol
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19914525/

At least the people trading pins can have easy access to one of the four D3 demo stations.

Usually the Seasonal Grifting ones or equivalent. I'm in the ones with the most members, which might be the problem.

You can always form your own teams too. Just do LF SWK Monk, Healer, and XP Barb for GR60-65's. Instant party.

Also public games aren't THAT bad. Just make sure you have 1 heal monk and not two. Also leave if you see any wizards, crusaders, or demon hunters (lol). Was able to do some 5-6 min 60's yesterday but I left because we had 3 DPS.

Nokterian

Did something wrong the whole time with my Del'Rasha wizard and what did i forgot? Fire so i rerolled on my braces for 20% fire damage and now we are talking constant 4 stacks Elemental Exposure. Using Slow Time with that fire and it is glorious at the moment i like this build so much more than Vyr but i am excited how they're redesign both sets to be viable in 2.4 but for now i really like it. Meteors,meteors everywhere!

Mutombo

So, got a monk up to 70, realized all my gear in stash is crusader heavy, realized that it would take at least a couple of more hours of playing and even learning how to play the monk to get at least a decent amount of damage (it was taking ages to kill enemies in torment, my damage is shit as monk), so I just remade the crusader because I had a Roland's set in my stash.

I'm doing okay now, Almost died already a couple of times in torment VI, but it's quite fun to quickly shield bash everything.

Still. Can't say I was rocking as smoothly when my crusader was wearing the guardian of the light hammer din set. Yet there are enough folks who prefer the Roland's. If any of you can explain what I'm doing wrong, greatly appreciated. Keep running out of wrath, for instance.

Torment 1-5 I'm fine, I suppose. 6 is getting dangerous.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeantot-1709/hero/68497809

edit: i just switched to guardian of the light set after finding guard of johanna.

I'm still disappointed =(. I so want a new expansion.

I think Blizzard is getting away from announcing new expansions at Blizzcon. They announced WoW' new expansion at CES I think it was and nothing really hints at a major announcement this Blizzcon. I kind of like that move, I think Blizzcon should be celebrating their games, not a giant press event for their company.

eek5

Would anyone be willing to PL a seasonal Crusader for me in the next few days?

Got the itch to shield bash some fools.

NA, EU, or CHINA though?

I can PL you on NA SC or HC depending on what you want to play. SC will take around 11 mins. HC around 20

joesmokey

Can't decide if I want to try and go for an Istavan's build. Would be a ton of work to get them, even with mediocre rolls.

Has anyone here tried it for Season 4?

I finally bit on the patch and now my WD is at lvl 67. Im liking the expansion so far, it's really big (at least thats how it seems) and there's a lot to explore compared to Acts 2-4. I'm just ready to see what this adventure mode is all about. I also played my first co-op game and it was really fun. Plus its great that the loot is separate between players.

My battle.net is also bubbavelli in case anyone wants to add me.

tm24

Finally got to adventure mode. This mode seems rad as all hell. Time to up to torment 3 and continue impending doom EPing mobs and watching pretty yellow numbers show up

Nokterian

I finally bit on the patch and now my WD is at lvl 67. Im liking the expansion so far, it's really big (at least thats how it seems) and there's a lot to explore compared to Acts 2-4. I'm just ready to see what this adventure mode is all about. I also played my first co-op game and it was really fun. Plus its great that the loot is separate between players.

If your EU i can invite you to the gaf clan.

eek5

need the number and region as well, bub

Top Bottom