• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Man 4 people online at peak hour.

This game is clearly on cruise control with the latest Blizzcon events for D3. ;/ Hoping it's just the game and not the franchise.

tm24

So just did my first bounties after hitting 70 a couple of days ago. First cube i open i get a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Apparently i'm the luckiest bastard ever?

Tarazet

So just did my first bounties after hitting 70 a couple of days ago. First cube i open i get a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Apparently i'm the luckiest bastard ever?

It's not as hard to get as it used to be. Feed it to the cube.. it's still used in some builds, particularly the ones that use the Sage set for farming DB's.

eek5

It's not as hard to get as it used to be. Feed it to the cube.. it's still used in some builds, particularly the ones that use the Sage set for farming DB's.

I doubt hes running T7 bounties after freshly hitting 70 though so getting a RoRG is still pretty rare (for him). Even at T7+ it's kind of a pain in the ass unless you're doing a shitload of bounties. Easy to trivialize considering some of us ran 75+ sets of bounties with double drops over a weekend lol

ZenaxPure

This is pretty normal. Everyone drops off except for coffee lol

I mean we're like over a month into the season, the player count is pretty normal.... Not sure what is surprising here.

I'm still playing everyday but it's around 5 in the morning CST and there is usually no one on at all then. dead gaem

Xanathus

Everytime I feel like clicking on the PLAY button for Diablo 3 I immediately lose interest because without any more season journeys to do there's no longer a carrot on the stick for me to play.

eek5

I mean we're like over a month into the season, the player count is pretty normal.... Not sure what is surprising here.

I'm still playing everyday but it's around 5 in the morning CST and there is usually no one on at all then. dead gaem

I'm still playing. Starting to set up for some monk and WD pushes. Hoping I can hit GR67 on both :|

Nokterian

This game is clearly on cruise control with the latest Blizzcon events for D3. ;/ Hoping it's just the game and not the franchise.

I still play it and yeah it is a bit dead because people play other games beside it i still have fun though working on my wizard right now.

The thing is with diablo unlike WoW you can pick it up anytime but i think the seasonal journey makes it worthwhile to me.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I promise you guys that when my affair with Transformers Devastation is over I'll be back with a vengeance.

Firemind

Tonight I might actually try to complete the seasonal journey by finishing a GR40 without using set items. Should be the most fun conquest on HC. Let's hope I don't land into debuff hell. I don't have a throwaway character. :lol

ZenaxPure

Tonight I might actually try to complete the seasonal journey by finishing a GR40 without using set items. Should be the most fun conquest on HC. Let's hope I don't land into debuff hell. I don't have a throwaway character. :lol

I dunno, that conquest is probably the perfect opportunity to level a throwaway character right? You lose nothing if it dies lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What kind of build are you guys suggesting for a monk that only got 2 pieces of Uliana and Inna so far? Trying to do Torment VI isn't so bad, but stuff can take forever to kill when Exploding Palm doesn't... explode.

I already got Gungdo Gear to apply EP on EP's explosion, so that's helpful, but all i do is spamming my generator while waiting for it to explode and for SSS's cooldown, which is kinda boring to be honest.

Firemind

I dunno, that conquest is probably the perfect opportunity to level a throwaway character right? You lose nothing if it dies lol.
Yeah, but every minute not spent farming while playing kills me a little bit inside. :/

I kinda wish Gem of Ease would drop even if you had one in stash. Would be pretty funny to see a lvl. 1 character loaded with a full set steamrolling T6.

ZenaxPure

What kind of build are you guys suggesting for a monk that only got 2 pieces of Uliana and Inna so far? Trying to do Torment VI isn't so bad, but stuff can take forever to kill when Exploding Palm doesn't... explode.

Do you have other characters that can do higher difficulties? Because honestly the most optimal way to gear up alone is by farming rifts on a different character and then spending the mats/blood shards you get on the character you want to gear up.

If you are committed to playing the monk though you should be gambling for 2 piece raiment and then upgrading rare fists at the cube for shenlongs (as that is the fastest way to reach TX). You can't really do much with the items you listed.

Bisnic

Do you have other characters that can do higher difficulties? Because honestly the most optimal way to gear up alone is by farming rifts on a different character and then spending the mats/blood shards you get on the character you want to gear up.

If you are committed to playing the monk though you should be gambling for 2 piece raiment and then upgrading rare fists at the cube for shenlongs (as that is the fastest way to reach TX). You can't really do much with the items you listed.

Yeah, i got a DH that can do TX and which blood shards can only be wasted hoping to get ancients or better rolls, so I guess I could do that. Won't be getting any monk gear from drops, but for now...

RS4-

Christ man, I still haven't found the second piece to shenlong, and still can't even finish F+R, FROM LAST SEASON.

And I think I got my first gift in like a year.

Tarazet

Yeah, but every minute not spent farming while playing kills me a little bit inside. :/

I kinda wish Gem of Ease would drop even if you had one in stash. Would be pretty funny to see a lvl. 1 character loaded with a full set steamrolling T6.

Just make a new level 1.. put an item with a level 25 Gem of Ease in it in that character's bag, then go onto your level 70 and make another.

I'm done with the season pretty much. Might log on here and there to slay some shit, but yeah. Not gonna do another push until the next season or patch.

Still playing WoW at the moment though.

Bisnic

Can't decide what set to use between Raiment & Uliana. :( They both have pretty interesting bonus.

Nokterian

Can't decide what set to use between Raiment & Uliana. :( They both have pretty interesting bonus.

Uliana is still fun and not so maintaining as previous build you should try it but i prefer generator build at the moment the amount of damage coming out of that blows uliana away.

RS4-

Awful, I can't progress smoothly above t6 because I can't even find focus or restraint. T8 is doable, just takes too long.

RS4-

Have you tried upgrading rare rings? Should be easy to get shit tier rolled F+R

Lack of DBs are killing me. Anyway, I'm doing t8 right now anyway with Uliana + Lions Claw. I fucked up when I cubed my Fist, so I'm using some ancient WKL. At least I have uhh, the flow of eternity cubed.

I at least found Focus I think! Right now I've got the compass rose set lol. I do need a better HFA, one that has CHD & CC. I know one of them has exalted soul passive at least, but no chd/cc.

LFG

Neophyte
completed my seasonal journey and just did gr64 on my seasonal wd. think it's time to quit until next season.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That's the free one too. There are more advanced setups where people can get four of them to run speed rifts.

Someone on reddit had joked about organizing a "bot-in" where all the legit players start botting so that if they wanted to do a banwave, they'd wind up banning half their player base. Funny, but I think Blizzard could wind up in that situation anyway if they let it go on for too long.

Dahbomb

Yeah it's getting kinda ridiculous. When that bot is in the Rift it looks like an average player playing. Nnot a top player who is optimizing for efficiency but a regular player who is just playing for the fun and picking up goodies while trying to kill all the stuff on screen. It's not until it goes to town that it follows very bot like patterns.

I really don't know how Blizzard can enforce this when even to the naked eye it can look like a normal person for a little bit.

Yeah I stopped playing this season once my friends started botting b/c they were never actually online to play with. And even they stopped playing a while after botting because they just reached a point where they realized they had turned the game into a skinner box. If you reduce the game solely to making numbers go up, then a bot will highlight how empty that kind of game is; getting perfectly optimized gear, paragon levels, mats/tokens, GR progression, everything can be increased without effort by a bot 24/7. Why waste time on something where all you're really doing is logging in once a week to see how much bigger your 'numbers' are compared to last week?

I downloaded the Starter Version and played all the way to the end (Leoric) in one sitting lol. This game is really fun! I made a Barbarian because I heard it's the easiest class, and I can see why — I destroy everything I come across. I never even got close to dying in Normal difficulty. I'm on my second playthrough, this time on Hard difficulty, and I'm still steamrolling through everything. After I beat Leoric again I'm gonna start a new character. I'm thinking either a Demon Hunter or Wizard.

Radec

I downloaded the Starter Version and played all the way to the end (Leoric) in one sitting lol. This game is really fun! I made a Barbarian because I heard it's the easiest class, and I can see why — I destroy everything I come across. I never even got close to dying in Normal difficulty. I'm on my second playthrough, this time on Hard difficulty, and I'm still steamrolling through everything. After I beat Leoric again I'm gonna start a new character. I'm thinking either a Demon Hunter or Wizard.

Monks, Barbs, and Witch Doctor are pretty easy, but fun.

joesmokey

I quit playing this season. Reached the wall of end game where the only way forward is grinding mass amounts of paragon levels. No way I'm doing that.

Dreavus

I'll be back next season. Only got up to the silver season journey border and didn't quite make it to GR 60.

The season journey as a concept is pretty cool though. This patch/season was a lot of fun to play through, especially with the new kanai's cube stuff.

Ingeniero

Wait what? Leoric is not even close to being the last boss.

EDIT. Oh Starter Version

ZenaxPure

There is no real challenge to the story regardless of what difficulty you put it on. Leveling is more or less just an introduction to the abilities of each class and all the various runes. The actual endgame at max level is where you will start to be able to access stuff that will shit all over your face.

joesmokey

There is no real challenge to the story regardless of what difficulty you put it on. Leveling is more or less just an introduction to the abilities of each class and all the various runes. The actual endgame at max level is where you will start to be able to access stuff that will shit all over your face.
Act V gets pretty hard with the level scaling tbh. I remember having to drop my difficulty level to finish the original run through (this was through proper progression).

ZenaxPure

Act V gets pretty hard with the level scaling tbh. I remember having to drop my difficulty level to finish the original run through (this was through proper progression).

I imagine it's a pretty different experience for someone going in fresh though, doubt you even get to max level from the story. Can't attest to it though since I was already level 60 and all that when the expansion dropped.

Top Bottom