• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

ZenaxPure

They were decent S1. S2 and 3 they were excellent support/CC and easy to gear for.

S3 solo wasn't bad either.

I doubt he could get the data but the chart really needs 2 different breakdowns for season 1 cause the meta was completely changed halfway through thanks to the patch. Crusader horsey build was actually one of the better solo builds until then.

Lol @ monks dominating everything. They did a pretty good job with the class though, Ulianas is chill and fun, doesn't break your wrists. The static charge thing though... that's confusing, I think ppl use autoclickers for that otherwise wtf.

ZenaxPure

I ran it as a whirlwind barb with my Uliana's monk friend. We farmed for an open world rift and split up. During the boss fight I warped back so I could turn in the second I was able.

Yeah, the basic trick to getting it done is multiple players (who can nearly one shot TX mobs even in a multiplayer game) and waiting for a rift with multiple paths through + good density (which open field maps always have).

When I did it with my friends we did it on a fields of misery map, when I helped out carbon and dara we had a large cathedral map that had multiple paths we could split off on.

Lol @ monks dominating everything. They did a pretty good job with the class though, Ulianas is chill and fun, doesn't break your wrists. The static charge thing though... that's confusing, I think ppl use autoclickers for that otherwise wtf.

I actually enjoyed it. Got me further than any other build. I thought I would hate it.

I'm enjoying HC WD but I have to not play higher GR's while falling asleep. I popped spirit vessel against T5 or 6 GR RG and didn't realize it until the RG was down. Whew.

Baliis

Man, I'm already trying to balance my time between D3, Destiny, Danganronpa, and Tales of Zesteria, and now Trails in the Sky has a release date, fuck.

Oh. My. God.

I figured out that you can re-map your spells so you don't have to have 1 of each (primary, defensive, etc.). This changes everything!!! It opens so many more possibilities for combos. Oh man. I also re-mapped my keybinds to resemble Dota 2's controls: QWER for skills 1-4 and T for health potion. Spacebar holds me in place while casting spells.

Really enjoying this game so far. I'm in Leoric's Mansion, pretty sure I'm close to facing that creepy boss lady who has butterfly wings. Witch Doctor absolutely curb-stomps everything in his path, even on Expert difficulty. Haunt is the best spell ever — it has such a big range and damage that it sometimes clears adjacent rooms before I even get there!

Baliis

Oh. My. God.

I figured out that you can re-map your spells so you don't have to have 1 of each (primary, defensive, etc.). This changes everything!!! It opens so many more possibilities for combos. Oh man. I also re-mapped my keybinds to resemble Dota 2's controls: QWER for skills 1-4 and T for health potion. Spacebar holds me in place while casting spells.

Really enjoying this game so far. I'm in Leoric's Mansion, pretty sure I'm close to facing that creepy boss lady who has butterfly wings. Witch Doctor absolutely curb-stomps everything in his path, even on Expert difficulty. Haunt is the best spell ever — it has such a big range and damage that it sometimes clears adjacent rooms before I even get there!

I still have no idea why Elective mode is even an option

Syntek

There is a support DH that is built to just proc SC too. LOL

This SC proc'ing meta probably won't survive the next patch. It's basically the same flawed EP concept now taken to an extreme. SC and EP are the only two skills in the game which can be triggered by other players, and yet scaled off the stats of the player who applied it. No other skills behave this way. The closest one is Mark of Death: Grim reaper. Even so, that damage is scaled to the stats of the player who triggers it, not to the stats of the DH who applies it.

Baliis

This SC proc'ing meta probably won't survive the next patch. It's basically the same flawed EP concept now taken to an extreme. SC and EP are the only two skills in the game which can be triggered by other players, and yet scaled off the stats of the player who applied it. No other skills behave this way. The closest one is Mark of Death: Grim reaper. Even so, that damage is scaled to the stats of the player who triggers it, not to the stats of the DH who applies it.

Too bad there won't be a patch for months unless they change their mind on mid season patches

dLMN8R

I think the worst part of Elective Mode being an option is how it makes the skill selection UI pretty inefficient. I get the idea of categorizing skills, but moving between categories to select what you want to select is really clunky.

And when you're leveling up a new character and maybe seeing skills for your first time playing a class, the way the "New" indicators are handled when moving between those categories can get pretty confusing too.

I think the worst part of Elective Mode being an option is how it makes the skill selection UI pretty inefficient. I get the idea of categorizing skills, but moving between categories to select what you want to select is really clunky.

And when you're leveling up a new character and maybe seeing skills for your first time playing a class, the way the "New" indicators are handled when moving between those categories can get pretty confusing too.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Hopefully Blizzcon will show off some new UI changes.

Baliis

They have hinted at them overhauling the buff icons because it has gotten completely out of hand right now.

The buff limit is insane. To be honest D3s UI has always confused me. They should be just copied WoWs and let modders handle any problems.

eek5

The buff limit is insane. To be honest D3s UI has always confused me. They should be just copied WoWs and let modders handle any problems.

blows my mind that they didn't leave themselves a lot of room to even upgrade/mod it themselves

So newb question I should have asked way before now: If an item says, say, "+50% damage to elites," does that mean elites only? Elites and Champion packs? Bosses too?

Costia

Any idea when this season ends and the next one starts?
I want to start playing from scratch with a friend and i already have an S4 character. So i am wondering if I should wait for the next season.

Baliis

Any idea when this season ends and the next one starts?
I want to start playing from scratch with a friend and i already have an S4 character. So i am wondering if I should wait for the next season.

I wouldn't be expecting S5 till January. Maybe December if they run this season kinda short.

danthefan

Just finished the game for the first ever time, and did a couple of act 1 bounties.

I didn't realise they let you go wherever you want, whenever you want in adventure mode so that's pretty cool. Are bounties the main thing to do when you play through the game again?

With all the gear I collect is just salvaging it the best option? The inventory limit is driving me nuts.

And what's the story with seasons, is the something I should be getting in on yet?

RS4-

Just finished the game for the first ever time, and did a couple of act 1 bounties.

I didn't realise they let you go wherever you want, whenever you want in adventure mode so that's pretty cool. Are bounties the main thing to do when you play through the game again?

With all the gear I collect is just salvaging it the best option? The inventory limit is driving me nuts.

And what's the story with seasons, is the something I should be getting in on yet?

Bounties for the most part are useless aside from getting the act specific mats for the cube. I don't think there's a specific leg that classes need unless you really want the ring of grandeur.

Just do rifts if you want to farm and level up.

ZenaxPure

You will split your time between bounties and rifts, leaning towards rifts. You only need to do bounties if you need the act specific crafting mats for something.

Salvage what you don't need yeah, no reason to hang on to it especially when crafting is really viable now.

As for seasons it is a mode where you go in completely fresh like you are starting the game all over again, there are unique rewards only in seasons (items and cosmetic stuff) and a bunch of different leaderboards if you are into those (though you can't really compete on most of them now since we're 2 months into the current season). This is where most people play typically so if you want to play with other gaffers or something you would need to level a season character.

Wilsongt

I loaded up a the game a few minutes ago, and then closed it within 5 minutes remember why I stopped playing. Been having insane latency issues. Constant rubber banding, abilities not going off, abilities going off even after I stopped pressing the buttons.

Nokterian

I loaded up a the game a few minutes ago, and then closed it within 5 minutes remember why I stopped playing. Been having insane latency issues. Constant rubber banding, abilities not going off, abilities going off even after I stopped pressing the buttons.

Guess it has to do with your connection and modem for that matter i don't know if your EU or US but i am EU and no problems here.

I've never had these issues.

T200 on my HC WD with GR35 down after this weekend. Just by virtue of what's dropped I've ended up playing carnevil. Which is fun and puts out good damage. I could probably push T9 or more but I'm thinking I'm too squishy. Almost got a decent helltooth set compiled.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does 2 different Exploding Palms from 2 different monks stack? Like when the monster dies, there will be 2 explosions?

Dude, the backdrops in this game are ridiculous. I recently began Act III and there's a huge battle between men and demons in the distance. I feel like I'm in The Lord of the Rings or some shit.

Baliis

Dude, the backdrops in this game are ridiculous. I recently began Act III and there's a huge battle between men and demons in the distance. I feel like I'm in The Lord of the Rings or some shit.

A shame everything is so poorly written. I really like all of the settings, but Azmodan being a cartoon villain ruins it.

Dreavus

A shame everything is so poorly written. I really like all of the settings, but Azmodan being a cartoon villain ruins it.

Pretty much.

Like those creepy giant tortured things whose suffering provides a twisted kind of power to the whole demonic operation and whose skin is used like a leather or fabric for different war machines. That makes for an awesome scene as you are entering hell. There are dozens of them standing around twitching as you move through Act III and they are barely mentioned outside of a few lines of dialogue and (I think) a journal entry. It was more of a show don't tell type of thing, and it was great for atmosphere.

The game could have probably benefited from more details like that and less Rita Repulsa villainy.

Firemind

LMAO I just entered a rift, remembered I had something to do, do shit in a minute, then return to find a pile of skeletons on my corpse. Apparently the templar was pulling monsters while I was afking. RIP

danthefan

When doing rifts is the right way to do it just fill up the bar to 100%, kill the boss, and just go again? Or should I clear the whole dungeon?

Also I fucking hate those spinning lasers that some enemies drop.

Dahbomb

When doing rifts is the right way to do it just fill up the bar to 100%, kill the boss, and just go again? Or should I clear the whole dungeon?

Also I fucking hate those spinning lasers that some enemies drop.
Kill the boss and go again. Rifts are free and early on you want to maximize Blood Shards/RG drops.

Depending on the map, I'll clear that in a regular rift after the RG drops. Like if it's a super dense open area. The reason I do regular rifts is mainly for DB's and GR Keys. I do GR's for shards. Shards are more of a bonus for me in a regular rift. So maybe like 75%-80% of the time I just reload, but I do finish a floor occasionally. If I get a cow rift I complete just because its so rare.

Top Bottom