• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

It's amazing how much sets differ. I was running the Carnevil on my HC WD because that's all the pieces I could find and it got me to GR35. I was super squishy though and didn't like that aspect so even though I could have gone higher, I didn't. I finally got a weak helltooth set and a crappy scrimshaw and GR45 went down easy without much worry at all defensively. Which kinda sucks because I was having more fun with Carnevil.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man i just got the most ridiculous jail map on a GR. Never saw one that big lol. I can't even fit it all on my screenshot.
uPg4pjd.jpg

At least got 34 Death Breaths out of it!

Dahbomb

Madness!

I honestly can't get over how insane xp stuff is this season. Just look at someone like Quin who has been playing since forever... His non-season paragon level is only 1400 and that covers the expansion launch + first 3 seasons. He's already nearly 200 levels past that on his S4 character despite it only being a couple of months..

Just thinking about that kinda blows my mind. Shit is out of control.
To be fair Quin is playing S4 way more than previous seasons but yeah it's still quite insane.

Plus a lot of people are botting as well.

Dahbomb

Is he really? I remember him basically streaming all the time last season too.
He has said on multiple occasions that he didn't play all that much last season but will be playing a lot more this season. He liked a lot of the new changes in season 4 especially with the way they changed the GRs (no more spending half of the rift on a boss). That's why he's always pushing GR rankings this season and is getting consistent rank 1s.

ZenaxPure

Is he really?

Not at all. The fun part of D3 is you can go and look at the stats in-game instead of making random ass claims. His stats:

S4 playtime: 738 hours
S3 playtime: 827 hours
S2 playtime: 602 hours
S1 playtime: 1086 hours

By the end of the season (assuming he keeps playing hard) that number will end up higher but right now he has spent less time in S4 than he did in S3 yet he has gained more levels in S4 than he did in S1, 2, 3 (and pre-seasons) combined. I know I say every post but I really can't get over how fucking broke it is.

Dahbomb

Well season 4 isn't over yet. I mean yeah no questioning that the EXP gains are nuts but by the time he's done with S4 he will end up having more hours than in season 1.

ZenaxPure

Well season 4 isn't over yet. I mean yeah no questioning that the EXP gains are nuts but by the time he's done with S4 he will end up having more hours than in season 1.

Don't think anyone is arguing to the contrary. Just actually answering Baliis' question with facts and shit.

eek5

It's amazing how much sets differ. I was running the Carnevil on my HC WD because that's all the pieces I could find and it got me to GR35. I was super squishy though and didn't like that aspect so even though I could have gone higher, I didn't. I finally got a weak helltooth set and a crappy scrimshaw and GR45 went down easy without much worry at all defensively. Which kinda sucks because I was having more fun with Carnevil.

carnevil is awesome man. fav build by far

buuuut you can really only play groups because fuck that shit lol

Sup guys quick question for those in the known.

I have the game on PS4. On PS3 I remember being able to play the game with just one PSN account and share in a pool of characters by login in on the PS3 as guests when playing with 2 other friends, we used to play before going out and we all access the same account and characters (though it bring issues with loot and whatever but we had our fun).

Now we wanted to do the same with my PS4 and game. I added the PSN of my friend and carry over the save we all 3 were using and then when we were ready to start we couldn't log in to use characters in his account like we could on PS3. I log in with my PSN but I could only access my characters and if I log in on the console as a guess I couldn't access them either and the game ask me to create a new character.

Is there a way around this? Or we are going to have to start over again and each create a new character on our own PSN accounts just for this game? I mean one of us doesn't even own a PS4/3 so we doesn't even have a PSN, we were all really surprised about this and don't know if is Blizzards fault or Sony (for not allowing the guest to share the access to PSN) but we ended up not playing Diablo and just played some PES instead.

Sorry for the rant, I was looking on the web but there doesn't seem much information on this issue and most just talk about sharing PS+ and play couch co-op online.

danthefan

Guys I'm a bit lost in the post game. I'm doing rifts and bounties but I seem to be gaining not much new gear that's any good. I've bought a few things from the blood shard vendor but again it rarely seems to be better than what I have. Am I just waiting for a lucky drop here or something?

Sup guys quick question for those in the known.

I have the game on PS4. On PS3 I remember being able to play the game with just one PSN account and share in a pool of characters by login in on the PS3 as guests when playing with 2 other friends, we used to play before going out and we all access the same account and characters (though it bring issues with loot and whatever but we had our fun).

Now we wanted to do the same with my PS4 and game. I added the PSN of my friend and carry over the save we all 3 were using and then when we were ready to start we couldn't log in to use characters in his account like we could on PS3. I log in with my PSN but I could only access my characters and if I log in on the console as a guess I couldn't access them either and the game ask me to create a new character.

Is there a way around this? Or we are going to have to start over again and each create a new character on our own PSN accounts just for this game? I mean one of us doesn't even own a PS4/3 so we doesn't even have a PSN, we were all really surprised about this and don't know if is Blizzards fault or Sony (for not allowing the guest to share the access to PSN) but we ended up not playing Diablo and just played some PES instead.

Sorry for the rant, I was looking on the web but there doesn't seem much information on this issue and most just talk about sharing PS+ and play couch co-op online.

Might want to ask the console thread. There may be some people that cross over to both platform here, but I couldn't answer this.

Guys I'm a bit lost in the post game. I'm doing rifts and bounties but I seem to be gaining not much new gear that's any good. I've bought a few things from the blood shard vendor but again it rarely seems to be better than what I have. Am I just waiting for a lucky drop here or something?

Once you get to 70, you make your own goals for endgame. Most people set a level they would like to reach on the greater rifts (also known as GR's). Things like hellfire ammy and ring, bounties, gambling and regular rifts are ways to acquire items to hit those higher GR. The better your gear gets the longer you'll have to wait for another piece to drop that's better. Try playing public games to add some fun. Try rolling a new toon. Try different builds. ETC ETC.

ZenaxPure

Once you get to 70, you make your own goals for endgame. Most people set a level they would like to reach on the greater rifts (also known as GR's). Things like hellfire ammy and ring, bounties, gambling and regular rifts are ways to acquire items to hit those higher GR. The better your gear gets the longer you'll have to wait for another piece to drop that's better. Try playing public games to add some fun. Try rolling a new toon. Try different builds. ETC ETC.

To add on to this, if you are new to endgame (which it sounds like you are) I'd suggest heading to one of the class reddits or diablofans and looking at endgame build guides. At endgame raw stats on items don't really matter much in terms of getting better gear as you will be looking for set items and items that compliment those sets. Doesn't matter if tooltip comparisons tell you an item is worse, putting together a set with mediocre stats is a significantly larger damage boost than a random hodge podge of legendaries with good stats. Not all sets are good though and some sets require other legendaries to work well, just depends on what class you are.

Bisnic

So me and my girlfriend are playing 2 monks with the Uliana set, and it seems the game is having some issues with stacking 2 different kind of Exploding Palms(I use Impending Doom rune, she use Flesh is Weak). Sometimes they stack, sometimes one Rune override the other. I think this happens when we make them explode with SSS, it makes a new stack of EP that override the others. It's a bit annoying honestly because when this does happen and one of us try to SSS, well there is no explosions of course for the one who is unlucky enough to get his rune overrided. =/

Bisnic

Different runes shouldn't override so that's odd. Easiest way to play double U6 is to use madstone.

Yeah i just read about that. But if i do use Madstone, i'll either have to put it into the cube, which means I'll lose the Spirit Guards buff(extra damage reduction on generators), or i'll have to actually use it and put the RoRG in the cube so I still get the 6 set bonus. Not sure which is best...

But if we both use Madstone, does that means using 2 Impending Doom EPs is efficient?

Talaysen

So me and my girlfriend are playing 2 monks with the Uliana set, and it seems the game is having some issues with stacking 2 different kind of Exploding Palms(I use Impending Doom rune, she use Fleah is Weak). Sometimes they stack, sometimes one Rune override the other. I think this happens when we make them explode with SSS, it makes a new stack of EP that override the others. It's a bit annoying honestly because when this does happen and one of us try to SSS, well there is no explosions of course for the one who is unlucky enough to get his rune overrided. =/

From what I've heard, only Impending Doom and Essence Burn will stack correctly. It's kind of annoying and I hope they fix/change that in the next patch.

Bisnic

Does boon of the hoarder give extra gold only to me or all party members?

There is so much better gems out there, why would you use this one? By the time you get it, you shouldn't be in much need of gold, especially since you would have found at least one Vault portal by then, which always hold millions and millions of gold.

Costia

There is so much better gems out there, why would you use this one? By the time you get it, you shouldn't be in much need of gold, especially since you would have found at least one Vault portal by then, which always hold millions and millions of gold.

I am playing with a friend and thought it could be a fast way to generate gold for him. He doesn't have any legendary gems yet.

Ingeniero

I feel like the game is dying out.
I barely find good pubs, so few people online.
I´ll keep playing tho, just started a monk.

Thanks for the power level yesterday
myyqQEs.png

Dahbomb

It's a solid speed run gem because of its speed buff.

Bisnic

It's a solid speed run gem because of its speed buff.

I'd rather kill fast than move fast honestly. And with 25% movement buff from Paragon points, the Fleeting Shrine, the Speed Pylon and class skills, I can already move fast enough. :p

Dahbomb

I'd rather kill fast than move fast honestly. And with 25% movement buff from Paragon points, the Fleeting Shrine, the Speed Pylon and class skills, I can already move fast enough. :p
At a certain point you will melt everything in TX and to get maximum efficiency you will then need even more movement speed. Combined with Goldwrap you would not even need a lot of toughness in TX.

So I really am not in the mood to get fully back into this game right now, what with Legacy of the Void around the corner and my current addiction to Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch Beta, but I would like to get a level 70 character on season 4 for the Malthael Mount HOTS reward.

How long would this take being power leveled? I've been out of D3 for a while and am not sure on the time to max and what not.

Celegus

Pretty sure I have a full set of ancient Invoker lying around somewhere. Really pumped for all the Blizzcon news on HotS (my jam), Hearthstone (pls fix) and Diablo (give me a reason to come back again!)

ZenaxPure

At a certain point you will melt everything in TX and to get maximum efficiency you will then need even more movement speed. Combined with Goldwrap you would not even need a lot of toughness in TX.

Yeah this can't be stressed enough. Once your gear is good enough you will be destroying mobs on TX in seconds (most elite packs on my barbarian take maybe 2-3 seconds in my DB gear unless they are incredibly annoying). It's better to just stack up on speed at that point and boon of the hoarder is pretty good for that, especially like Dahbomb says with Goldwrap. You don't even need defensive skills if you are combining goldwrap with boon, you will have billions of Toughness the entire rift.

Dahbomb

I just saw the rank 87 clear and I have no idea how any of those guys are actually playing with the constant lag spikes.

I guess it doesn't really matter much when you have God Heal Monk in the party keeping everyone alive.

Blizzard really has to do something about all the numbers flying around in the game, this season especially things have gotten way too out of control. It seems like whenever there's some new strong build discovered it affects lag in some way.

So I decided to pop this game in to atleast kill my free time until Fallout 4 came out and holy hell I forgot everything about this game.

I have 2 level 70 characters with (65) next to it, I don't know what the (65) means.A Wizard and Witch Doctor. I have a bunch of gold and items whose meaning I've forgotten in my stash.

I haven't played this since before Destiny's launch, that's when Diablo PS4 Gaf was playing this in force.

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could get a third character to Lvl 70 and earn some badass gear for him but this game is so "eh" playing bymyself.

Would like need to get all classes to Lvl 70 to earn the platinum? How hard is it to platinum this game?

Krayzie

Would like need to get all classes to Lvl 70 to earn the platinum? How hard is it to platinum this game?

Not hard at all, IF you can get someone to powerlevel you to 70 on hardcore mode.
The hardcore trophies are the only thing preventing most from getting a plat.
Well that and the one the that requires you to complete 500 bounties. Which is easily attainable for most regular players who put the hours in.

Gabynator already P2216

Based Brother Chris!

Some people just never learn.

ZenaxPure

is he using some sort of exploit?

He is well known for botting when he is not playing.

Don't know if you can see his stats in-game anymore for his old account but his S4 stats had his playtime ~1 hour shorter than the entire length of the season. Like when I checked the total time the season had been out was like 25 days and 5 hours and his total playtime was 25 days 4 hours.

Top Bottom