• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Looking at reddit yeah it seems akkhan is known(4 > 2pc, 6 > 4pc and the 450% bonus dmg as the new 6pc), raekor I must have missed cause it was on diablofans apparently, marauder no news though besides apparently a ring that gives DR based on companions you have out, which sounds kinda meh(mostly because you can get a ring that gives DR when you vault/smoke/shadowpower already, so it's redundant).

Dahbomb

The AkKan 4 pc could open some new hybrid builds.

And in any case toughness isn't an issue with M6, it's tougher than the other sets the problem is its burst damage and it has to ramp up to get good damage which still gets eclipsed by the UE set.

Plays demon hunter using a set that is all about impale damage, uses impale like 3 times. God damn it Quin, lol.

The entire stream was painful to watch. He should just stop for a second, read the tooltips, think for one more second, and then have a basic understanding of what each set is designed to do.

Dahbomb

The entire stream was painful to watch. He should just stop for a second, read the tooltips, think for one more second, and then have a basic understanding of what each set is designed to do.
Quin trying to play any class other than Monk is hilarious.

"Wow there's a fire Blizzard? Is that new?"

Wolfie5

That new cube receipe changes things a bit.
Upgrade 10 legs with 10 gems at lvl 50 and you got 2.5k additional main stat. Edited, counted 500 per leg instead of 250 at first. Less effect, but still something.

Obviously, legacy of nightmares will be nerfed if it's too powerful. But it's a nice change I think, will be interesting to try it.

Lots of changes coming in the next patch. Can't wait to play it. Specially WD with locust swarm.

I am considering playing season only to get the rewards and than play non-season.

Jedi2016

Well, I went through my stash, and I have quite a few Ancient pieces in there. A few of them are set pieces, but as long as I mix-and-match it should work. No idea how viable the build will be at that point, but I'll give it a whirl once the patch drops.

eek5

I hope the difficulty is high enough.

I'm guessing it will be a short distraction. Some might be hard depending on how much time they spend balancing. The hardest part is probably going to be getting all the sets for all the classes

Dahbomb

Blizzard has basically stated that they are going to be nerfing Heal Monks in 2.4.

Static Charge is also being nerfed so groups can't proc it.

Also new Marauder set:

4YrVPpg.jpg

Yup as I expected it's a straight up numbers buff to the set.

It's interesting to note that now your Companions deal way more damage too as does Vengeance.

New Dawn:

hhLg5Gr.png

New Hammer Jammers:

6BQGT6GW49Q01446514617862.jpg

Also Focus can now roll Elemental damage. In fact quite a few more items can roll elemental damage now on them.

Dahbomb

I know 2.4 isn't really out yet but with so much stuff being added to the game I really have to wonder what they will do for 2.5.

Assuming that the 4 sets of each class are roughly the same power level (we know they won't be but for casuals and people who play for fun they would all be strong enough to do what you need to do), group EXP isn't too extreme, pushing GRs isn't a joke with cheesy heal and SC Monks, there isn't extreme lag on servers... what else can they do improve the game?

Here are my suggestions for the future:

*I feel like we are long overdue for a Paragon system rework. That was cool when RoS first launched but now it's like it might as well not even be there.

*They need to expand on Set Dungeons and be scalable in difficulty once you beat all the challenges in it. Maybe even add Leaderboard function to them. That way players can compete on the same dungeon using the same set.

*Need a way to socket Jewelry like you can with weapons since it's basically mandatory now.

*Different saved item load outs so you can swap to a different set up without tinkering too much in the inventory.

*New Rune options for Chest and Leg pieces. Give you some slight interesting perks on your character that are roughly on the same power level as the stats.

*I think Death's Breath and crafting mats should be automatically picked up. Preferably they are in the UI like Blood Shards and Gold so you don't have to make stacks of those mats.

*Rift system needs to be expanded upon. They added Empowered Rifts but really that doesn't do much. It would be cool to have more difficulty modifiers placed on Rifts to give more EXP gain/loot reward/higher change to upgrade gem etc.

*Some sort of PvPvE type mode. Basically compete on who can farm and kill enemies quicker. Teams would be in a symmetrical map with same mob types/affixes etc. Maybe add in some objectives in there as well.

I really really really hate how you can't un-do an enchant. Those gloves I posted earlier:

I just realized tonight that they have strength instead of intelligence. I had already enchanted the crit damage before I realized. Really sucks that there's no way to fix it...

Pepto

Banned
I really really really hate how you can't un-do an enchant. Those gloves I posted earlier:

I just realized tonight that they have strength instead of intelligence. I had already enchanted the crit damage before I realized. Really sucks that there's no way to fix it...

You can reroll them with Kanai's cube.

Nokterian

If you have 50 forgotten souls and crafting material you can reroll the whole leg to int i did that also with a necklace that was dexterity.

Addnan

how would you have enchanted it that would have made it suck less. int, but then you don't have any crit. It's shit no matter how you would have enchanted it.

Firemind

•Kanai's Cube: Augment Item
•Kanai's Cube is getting a new recipe, Caldesann's Despair, that lets you augment an Ancient Legendary item
•The recipe consumes a Legendary Gem and adds 5 points of a main stat to the item per Legendary Gem level
•Weapons require at least a rank 30 Gem, Jewlery requires a rank 40 Gem, and Armor needs rank 50 Gems.
•3 Flawless Royal non-Legendary gem are also needed to determine the specific main stat
•Using the recipe twice on the same item replaces the old augmentation bonus
ew

i hate how the game has become more and more about getting the most main stat

the grind is real

Nokterian

ew

i hate how the game has become more and more about getting the most main stat

the grind is real

Eh? Leveling up legendary gem is not like it takes forever you can level up gem to level 25 in a matter of hours some of them are maxed at 50 but other sure you can go higher if you want with others.

Firemind

Eh? Leveling up legendary gem is not like it takes forever you can level up gem to level 25 in a matter of hours some of them are maxed at 50 but other sure you can go higher if you want with others.
no? you can only augment ancients. That means ancient hellfire ammy, ancient rings on top of the set, bracers, weapon and offhand.

Tarazet

I got some barb items that had effects like increase frenzy stacks to 10, gives every rune for frenzy etc.I coupled them with depth diggers and the primary ability gem. It was alright, but just not strong enough to take forward. This new ring set with a build like that will be crazy good.

Yeah, right now there are just no sets that synergize with it. If you are running IK6 you want to spam your hammer like a 3-year-old to ensure you keep up your perma-buff; using a builder won't help you. It would be cool if Frenzy barb was actually a thing again like it was in D2.

Dahbomb

Some new details emerged for patch 2.4.

*New Crusader 2 pc that buffs Steed charge and basically allows you to speed farm.

*New Furious charge weapon that increases Furious charge damage based on your movement speed.

*The Istvan dual weapons are getting buffed in damage and toughness.

*Shield Pylon and Speed Pylon are getting buffed.

*New Crusader shield that buffs Heaven's Fury the more times you hit enemies with it.

*There's a new Cluster Arrow bow.

*DH belt that gives toughness for the number of companions you have out.

*Greatly buffing life on hit from Amethyst in weapons.

Those of you with RoS: Do you ever party with vanilla players? I'm getting closer to buying the expansion but I don't think my friend is. Would it suck to play with a level 60 as a 70?

You can reroll them with Kanai's cube.

If you have 50 forgotten souls and crafting material you can reroll the whole leg to int i did that also with a necklace that was dexterity.

Oh cool, thanks. Another reason to get the expansion lol.

how would you have enchanted it that would have made it suck less. int, but then you don't have any crit. It's shit no matter how you would have enchanted it.

It was a lot better than the gloves I had equipped. I'm still a pretty recent level 60.

ZenaxPure

Those of you with RoS: Do you ever party with vanilla players? I'm getting closer to buying the expansion but I don't think my friend is. Would it suck to play with a level 60 as a 70?

Absolutely not because adventure mode is the only way to play the game.

MrDaravon

Vanilla Diablo 3 might as well not exist, I can't possibly recommend ever playing the game without RoS. I legitimately don't even know what you'd do with a vanilla player, you'd outclass him by orders of magnitude at 70 with 70 gear, and I don't think you even get Adventure Mode without RoS.

Addnan

Oh cool, thanks. Another reason to get the expansion lol.

It was a lot better than the gloves I had equipped. I'm still a pretty recent level 60.
Level 60, oh. Buy RoS now.

eek5

Pretty much playing two different games at that point.

Some new details emerged for patch 2.4.

*New Crusader 2 pc that buffs Steed charge and basically allows you to speed farm.

*New Furious charge weapon that increases Furious charge damage based on your movement speed.

*The Istvan dual weapons are getting buffed in damage and toughness.

*Shield Pylon and Speed Pylon are getting buffed.

*New Crusader shield that buffs Heaven's Fury the more times you hit enemies with it.

*There's a new Cluster Arrow bow.

*DH belt that gives toughness for the number of companions you have out.

*Greatly buffing life on hit from Amethyst in weapons.

Oh the DH DR companion item is a belt, I had heard it was a ring which sounded meh, but a belt is pretty awesome.

So looking forward to playing DH again. I enjoyed WD this season, but DH was always my favorite and between the new impale set and marauder being good again, that sounds just great.

With 400% damage, I wonder if it'd be worth it to use Garwulf Cloak too. Adds 2 cleaving wolves that hit for a base 100% dmg(I think, been a while) and give you 2 more bodies for the belt DR and aggroing random stuff. Might be rough to use with marauder though haven't checked what you need.

Now the wait begins.

Dahbomb

Oh the DH DR companion item is a belt, I had heard it was a ring which sounded meh, but a belt is pretty awesome.

So looking forward to playing DH again. I enjoyed WD this season, but DH was always my favorite and between the new impale set and marauder being good again, that sounds just great.

With 400% damage, I wonder if it'd be worth it to use Garwulf Cloak too. Adds 2 cleaving wolves that hit for a base 100% dmg(I think, been a while) and give you 2 more bodies for the belt DR and aggroing random stuff. Might be rough to use with marauder though haven't checked what you need.

Now the wait begins.
LMAO I forgot about that Cloak. That definitely seems like a legit choice now.

With Companions doing a lot more damage now there might be a return of TnT for Marauder. It all depends on how much damage they dish out.

With Companions doing a lot more damage now there might be a return of TnT for Marauder. It all depends on how much damage they dish out.

Oh yeah TnT would be a lot better than Garwulf, unless you need the DR but probably not. Checked the slots(I was dumb, all I had to do was scroll up to see the marauder piece posted above) and it's the common armor slots so even with RoRG you can only get one or the other, and TnT would be a ton more damage.

Still not sure it's going to beat just increasing the damage of your spender though, like say with magefist. I guess in the cube though it becomes more interesting, TnT versus Cindercoat for example.

Too early to really bother theorycrafting without the actual data on the cluster bow though.

Strider

Main reason I main monk is the speed that comes with dashing strike... If crusader gets that kind of mobility I might actually branch out some

Dahbomb

Dashing Strike is one of the best spells in the game. Great utility as a speed farm skill and as a defensive skill. It's also good offensively. Plus it's very snappy to use. Hard to imagine therd was a time when Monks had an unusable Dashing Strike.

MrDaravon

I have like a nearly perfect dex TnT (non-ancient but eh) in non-seasons so I would be interested in this!

Can't believe this game keeps delivering. I mean yeah, it's never perfect and people will start complaining or get tired of new stuff or find problem with it a while after the patch hits, but I'm already kind of taken aback from the amount of ongoing support and updates this game has gotten.

For a skeleton crew, this all looks great. It's probably too much work to ever expect, but I wish we could save gear/specs similar to WoW, so that I could quickly swap between farming, progression, support, etc.

Dahbomb

I have like a nearly perfect dex TnT (non-ancient but eh) in non-seasons so I would be interested in this!

Can't believe this game keeps delivering. I mean yeah, it's never perfect and people will start complaining or get tired of new stuff or find problem with it a while after the patch hits, but I'm already kind of taken aback from the amount of ongoing support and updates this game has gotten.
Blizzard in an interview stated that it's important for them to keep making these patches because they know that it's their name on the product and they did some damage with the game with Vanilla D3. So even though they could release all of the stuff in 2.3 and 2.4 as a new expansion... it's important that they build up faith in the core audience so that they are around for newer products.

It definitely seems like they are not going to be making new D3 expansions and will just do these updates while working on D4 instead.

MrDaravon

Blizzard in an interview stated that it's important for them to keep making these patches because they know that it's their name on the product and they did some damage with the game with Vanilla D3. So even though they could release all of the stuff in 2.3 and 2.4 as a new expansion... it's important that they build up faith in the core audience so that they are around for newer products.

It definitely seems like they are not going to be making new D3 expansions and will just do these updates while working on D4 instead.

Oh it totally makes sense from that perspective, I just feel like most companies wouldn't have bothered, or not for nearly as long.

I kind of have mixed feelings about them not putting out another expansion in lieu of Diablo 4 though, unless that's much sooner than we're thinking. Hard to complain about fairly hefty free balance updates and additions though!

Strider

Yea It's kinda nuts we're still getting these huge free updates.

I know it's been mentioned that they are building up good faith... But they could've stopped patching this months ago and I still would've been more than happy with my D3 + RoS purchase.

--

Anyay I finally put away my WoL/EP build from Season 2 and am running raiments set now while I work towards Ulianas set. Got my first 2 pieces tonight...

I'm not a huge fan of raiments but at least this allows me to farm T8 and GR35 quickly (I know I know I'm scrub tier right now :p)

Dahbomb

I wonder which skills in the game still have no sets/big items that are dedicated to them.

Monks:

I am pretty sure Mystic Ally will be buffed by Inna's set. Cyclone Strike isn't buffed anymore by SWK, maybe it gets buffed by Inna's but to be honest it doesn't even need to get buffed as it's a supportive skill. I would be fine if there was a Legendary that buffed Cyclone Strike (like gave you even more AOE pull on it or allowed you to Cyclone Strike where you have your mouse clicked).

Demon Hunter;

Spike Traps is the big one though I guess technically Melee DH set can use Spike Traps as well. Rapid Fire is also ignored though there are more supportive non 6 pc items that benefit channeling spells more. You can make the argument that Rapid Fire is supported by Natalya's as well but that's like GR 55 at most (thought it can probably go a bit higher with the new Shoulders and set)/

Wizard:

Same issue as DH where their Disentegrate/Ray of Frost/Arcane Torrent skills aren't really supported by a 6 PC set all that well. Wizards really need an additional set that buffed their channeling skills.

Barbarian:

Overpower and Revenge aren't really buffed/supported much. I guess this isn't so bad because they are more supportive skills but they can use some help for sure.

Crusader:

Because of Akkan technically every spender they have is supported in some way. They have a crap load of items that buff their skills anyway, probably too many in fact and many are either Flails or Shields.

WD I don't know shit about to comment.

I think a few of the classes can use a 5th set although it seems like we are at the point where whatever skill you want to use in the game... there's some item that can make it reasonably strong.

I also think for channeling spells to be truly useful they need to be able to retain their ramped up damage for a longer period of time after not attacking or at least provide an item that allows us to do that.

Dahbomb

On a side note Blizzard did say that they are fixing area damage for a lot of skills/items. That by itself would be a significant meta changer.

Shahadan

I kind of have mixed feelings about them not putting out another expansion in lieu of Diablo 4 though, unless that's much sooner than we're thinking. Hard to complain about fairly hefty free balance updates and additions though!

But Diablo 3 is getting an expansion next year, it's called World of Warcraft Legion !

I wonder if a part of the Diablo team went there to help

ZenaxPure

But Diablo 3 is getting an expansion next year, it's called World of Warcraft Legion !

I wonder if a part of the Diablo team went there to help

It's kinda sad but true. The new dungeon system looks like a significantly better version of Greater Rifts and the expanded scaling tech is making the outdoor content just look like a better version of bounties. I know I said it in the WoW thread but man, that is literally just a D3 bounty screen in WoW:

cabot

The patches are obviously neato, but I was hoping they'd do one more big expansion which would be content heavy, with a full campaign and 1 or 2 new classes.

I felt RoS's budget was mostly spent on fixing the base game, I was excited at the possibility of an expansion that was mostly dedicated to new content generation.

I guess we'll have to wait for D4 for that to happen

Lain

I'm still holding hope and faith for a second expansion.
Patches are cool, especially since they are free and the D3 team has been putting many things into them, but I do want another expansion with some more acts and classes.

Top Bottom