• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Your setup looks kinda mixed right now, you have the skills of a pure WW build but the gear of a Rend build.

If you want to stick to Rend you need to replace your rings with Focus/Restraint and your belt with Lamentation (Each of those double your damage) and your cube ring with Unity. Then change out Ignore Pain/Battle Rage for Furious Charge/Rend.

If you want to go WW go full Wastes with BK weapons and replace your bracers with something else and your RoRG with Unity. Then change ancients with something like threat shout.

Now this is helpful advice! Which of those two options do you think is more future-proof looking forward to 2.4?

Ashodin

Go higher son. The shit you described is standard fare fore getting one of the cookie cutter sets.

Sounds a lot of fun though!

Okay guy. This was about several hours after having to upgrade my Melee DH with new legs and even getting the pieces of the set to drop. There's a LOOOOOT more to go.

Haha, I reach 500M toughness on my crusader, and it's even more if you take into account spells that aren't factored in (iron skin being *2 for instance but doesn't affect toughness)

OK but that's Cru. This is DH, notorious for a lack of toughness.

Both should be fine, their goal with 2.4 is to bring other sets up to the level of those 2 so those 2 will remain unchanged for the most part.

Tried out the WW/Rend build and it's great. I had enough CDR specced so that I could keep Wrath of the Berserker up all the time. Rended enemies were getting hit for 250M! Amazing! (keep in my mind, I'm a D3 newb).

Thanks for the help!

Any advice on how best to play the build? Alkazier's vids just show the spec and then his video showing gameplay is silent.

Should I charge in, rend, then WW until they're dead. Lamentation says that Rend can be applied twice, so do I want to pop rend on everyone two times? More? Should I charge a lot (I have Strong Arm bracers) or just enough to move between packs?

Thanks again!

IceMarker

I created a clan for the PTR this time 'round. If you want to join just search 'GAF' or 'NeoGAF' and it should show up. There obviously won't be any barrier for entry since PTR clans get wiped as each patch goes live. Have at it! Man, 2.4 is looking so good.

ZenaxPure

Should I charge in, rend, then WW until they're dead. Lamentation says that Rend can be applied twice, so do I want to pop rend on everyone two times? More? Should I charge a lot (I have Strong Arm bracers) or just enough to move between packs?

Thanks again!

Rend twice, it stacks with the belt (so 2 rends per target). Once you have focus/restraint it will all be pretty obvious how it needs to be played. Basically charge at least once per 5 seconds to proc your ring, get some rends up, then WW around to reset your cooldowns and proc your other ring. Basically your priority is proc rings > keep rends up (not hard since the duration increases a ton with wastes) > reset cooldowns.

Rend twice, it stacks with the belt (so 2 rends per target). Once you have focus/restraint it will all be pretty obvious how it needs to be played. Basically charge at least once per 5 seconds to proc your ring, get some rends up, then WW around to reset your cooldowns and proc your other ring. Basically your priority is proc rings > keep rends up (not hard since the duration increases a ton with wastes) > reset cooldowns.

Coolcoolcool.

I don't have a Focus yet, just 2x Restraints. :-/ I took off Ring of Royal Grandeur like you suggested, but since I've never gotten any Unity's either I'm wearing Convention of Elements and Leoric's Signet for just a DPS boost. And I have Zodiac in my cube to reduce the cooldown of WotB, etc.

It's cool that I can upgrade rare's now with Kanai's cube. Basically using Blood Shards at Kadala to try to get Focus or Unity rings, then take the rares she gives me and upgrading them for a 2nd chance. None yet, though.

I appreciate the help a lot.

So I finally caved and bought RoS. Wow that opening cinematic was great!

Was so excited to play before work this morning... aaaaaand maintenance!

Oh well, guess I'll wait until this evening ._.

Grats. RoS is a night and day improvement over Vanilla in every way. The game is sooooooooooo good now. And each patch is a huge upgrade. I hope you have as much fun as me and my friends have!

kmfdmpig

Huh?

6IK/2wastes is one of the best Barb builds right now. Rend for damage and WW for survivability and reducing your wotb cooldown.

It and 6Wastes/2BK are about on par with each other.

Extra p.s. 6 IK/4 Wastes was always shit tier compared to 6Wastes/BK even in 2.2.

Yes. Rend makes 6IK/2W good. Without Rend though there's no point in having Wastes. I was giving advice based on the skills used, but you're right that changing the skills is a better option than regearing.

Ashodin

Some of the best music in Diablo's history is here. Welcome.

Hedge

I'm really wanting to try out a LoN build with arcane torrent and all the delicious legendaries that finally acknowledge its existance. However, I'm a bit unsure of how this "rebirth" thing works in seasons.

If I choose to "rebirth" an ordinary character as a seasonal character, all my old gear will be "hidden" untill the season ends, and I will recieve a mail and get it back, correct? So that also means that I can't use the character for anything but season the entire three month window, I assume?

I don't want to make a mistake and lose my only powerful character in non-seasonal, haha. I've played since RoS release but I've only just hit paragon 200 in non-seasonal. I don't understand how people can do it so fast, gosh.

Godan

So decided to install this game again only played it for about a month after release.

So as i am a wizard i decided to look at some builds and what i cant understand is how are you able to skills to the bar?

I.E use Hydra as right click and Blizzard as skill 2.

Lumine

So decided to install this game again only played it for about a month after release.

So as i am a wizard i decided to look at some builds and what i cant understand is how are you able to skills to the bar?

I.E use Hydra as right click and Blizzard as skill 2.

Turn on 'Elective Mode' in the options. That is, if I remember right and I understand your question correctly. :p

Are Ramaladni's Gifts super-rare? Because I've never seen one and every ring/ammy/weapon I have could use one to replace the socket I rolled.

Lain

Are Ramaladni's Gifts super-rare? Because I've never seen one and every ring/ammy/weapon I have could use one to replace the socket I rolled.

They are rare, but as with everything, it's luck based. In all my play of S4 I only found 1 myself while my friend found 12+ and he gave me one he found when we were playing together because he had enough.

ZenaxPure

lots and lots of playing.

For paragon 200? Nahh, not with all the power creep in RoS. Took maybe 30-40ish hours max to go beyond paragon 200 this season and I wasn't even doing 4 player xp farming shenanigans. It's more just that reaching TX is super fast/easy and after that you usually head into leveling up some legendary gems and Greater Rifts give insane xp. Just doing stuff in the mid 40s I was gaining like 4-5 levels per GR in the early stages.

It's reallllly fast now.

Baliis

I don't want to make a mistake and lose my only powerful character in non-seasonal, haha. I've played since RoS release but I've only just hit paragon 200 in non-seasonal. I don't understand how people can do it so fast, gosh.

How much do you actually play though? P200 is like, nothing. I was probably past that easy the first weekend of the season. I think I was already at like 150 before I even finished a 6piece and your kill speed jumps into overdrive.

Grats. RoS is a night and day improvement over Vanilla in every way. The game is sooooooooooo good now. And each patch is a huge upgrade. I hope you have as much fun as me and my friends have!

You are in for a wild ride.

Welcome to real Diablo 3!

Welcome there is no turning back now..

Some of the best music in Diablo's history is here. Welcome.

You weren't kidding — it really is a huge improvement over the vanilla game. There's so much to do! I played Adventure Mode with a couple friends at Torment VI and I was level 70 within the hour. I'm enjoying Act V too; it's even more brutal than the previous acts! That angel of death is a real douche.

One odd thing I've noticed: followers feel a lot weaker in Act V. I play at Torment III and even Kormac goes down really fast against elites. I don't think I ever saw a follower die in vanilla.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
One odd thing I've noticed: followers feel a lot weaker in Act V. I play at Torment III and even Kormac goes down really fast against elites. I don't think I ever saw a follower die in vanilla.

Don't worry: once you find/craft the relic that makes your follower invulnerable, you will never look back.

Nokterian

You weren't kidding — it really is a huge improvement over the vanilla game. There's so much to do! I played Adventure Mode with a couple friends at Torment VI and I was level 70 within the hour. I'm enjoying Act V too; it's even more brutal than the previous acts! That angel of death is a real douche.

Your follower will get stronger but a follower is more a sidekick for some decent damage/debuff you do most of the work anyway and try to get the relic for the templar that he doesn't die number one priority if you have that than he will not die.

Did a few rifts for the first time last night. Got carried in Torment VI by a couple friends... holy cow I got so many legendaries! And I was gaining a paragon level like every 5 minutes. It was awesome!

Don't worry: once you find/craft the relic that makes your follower invulnerable, you will never look back.

Your follower will get stronger but a follower is more a sidekick for some decent damage/debuff you do most of the work anyway and try to get the relic for the templar that he doesn't die number one priority if you have that than he will not die.

Thanks. I got the relic for the Scoundrel, who I never use lol. Enchantress is my favorite because she has that hex spell.

Is this the most efficient way to hunt for an item, like a ring?

• Run a greater rift to get some legendaries and lots of blood shards.
  • Shard unneeded legendaries for Forgotten Souls
  • Spend bloodshards at Kadala, keep rares
  • Run neph rifts to get some blood shards, but also lots of Death's Breaths
  • Now I have Forgotten Souls and Death's Breaths & can cube upgrade my rares from Kadala
  • Repeat.
How does that sound?

Dahbomb

Is this the most efficient way to hunt for an item, like a ring?

• Run a greater rift to get some legendaries and lots of blood shards.
  • Shard unneeded legendaries for Forgotten Souls
  • Spend bloodshards at Kadala, keep rares
  • Run neph rifts to get some blood shards, but also lots of Death's Breaths
  • Now I have Forgotten Souls and Death's Breaths & can cube upgrade my rares from Kadala
  • Repeat.
How does that sound?
You don't need to hold on to Rares just salvage them all. When you are ready to use the cube to craft something, go to the Blacksmith and craft the yellow you want. The Jeweler can craft yellow rings and amulets for you.

Also Greater Rifts don't give Death Breaths so if you just want more gear then just run regular Rifts. Run it at the level where you can complete one in 5 minutes.

Dahbomb

Next PTR patch notes are up.

Some notable changes in there, nothing too extreme (except the LoN). Probably a lot of bug fixes in there.

Firebirds got changed from 1500 to 1000 damage bonus from Elites but Wiz got a lot of other defensive buffs. They also buffed the other 2 sets.

Monk's SWK SW defensive bonus now always gives you 50% as opposed to per stack. You just need to have SW active.

Only datamined stuff is up I think? Sometimes they miss stuff. They're also wiping PTR once this patch goes live, most likely to reset ladders and crap since they're nerfing LoN. Hopefully they fixed the gloves too.

Dahbomb

Only datamined stuff is up I think? Sometimes they miss stuff. They're also wiping PTR once this patch goes live, most likely to reset ladders and crap since they're nerfing LoN. Hopefully they fixed the gloves too.
Yeah most of the issues in the PTR were related to bugs and bug fixes generally don't show up in the datamines.

Baliis

Debating between wizard and WD for next season, might just do both lol. Will have to make a char for whatever the group meta is too though, blah.

I joined a guild and made a seasonal character (Crusader) and they powerleveled me to 70 in about 45 minutes. Then we did rifts and The Vault (omg I got like 40 million gold!), and some bounties. The main guy who carried us was a Witch Doctor and he moved so goddamn fast we couldn't keep up at all; he whizzed around the map killing everything in seconds, even on the higher torment difficulties. It was insane. In just ~2 hours of gameplay my seasonal Crusader is now better equipped than my WD who has 80 hours played lol.

Dahbomb

If they buff the Earthquake set I might play Barb in seasons.

Though I am going to see how things pan out in the next few PTR patches before deciding. Right now it seems Barb, Crusader and Wiz are leading the DPS race for non LoN builds. I think Monk is not too far behind when it comes to solo damage but playing that Static Charge build again (even with Innas).

I'm not sure I'm playing S5. I'm playing Divinity right now which is a total blast. Then I have the new bloodborne expansion. I may try to play season 5 because my little girl is due March 2nd and my gaming will probably take a hit for a while. Maybe not too much since I game in the later evening mostly but its definitely a real possibility. Any word on when PTR will end and when the next season will start? Even if I don't play S5, I would like to send all my gear and such to my main account and delete some characters. Especially my HC stuff.

Talaysen

Where are the patch notes?

I heard they nerfed that DH Chakram build too.

They updated the previous patch notes. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941042/patch-240-ptr-patch-notes-11-11-2015

I thought they said that was deliberate when they revised Tal Rasha's set and the meteor skills - they highlighted how the set would interact with the arcane meteor in a positive way?

I haven't seen any info on that, but they did buff the set in general so it might still work fine.

Wallach

Where are the patch notes?

I heard they nerfed that DH Chakram build too.

They fixed the Shadow 2pc to not work with pets, it seems. That is actually consistent with how the new wording used in that tooltip should be applied, so RIP M4/S4.

I did GR 68 relatively easily with S6 lightning Impale so I'm looking forward to messing around with that set more. I'll also probably mess around with M6 because I never did when it was popular, even though I like Sentry. My old problem with M6 was MS didn't work nearly as well as CS for the old M6, but I always hated CS' cost. New Manticore should take care of that.

Edit - Also they buffed Oculus Ring to be much more interesting. I'mma have to scope that out.

Dahbomb

They buffed that Oculus Ring to ridiculous levels, now it's going to be mandatory for group plays and will force the players to play in a very specific way which means everyone standing in a small area to do efficient damage.

I am not sure I like that change and this sort of widens the gap between single player and multiplayer which is something they were actively trying to shorten. It also promotes a very limiting playstyle (everyone stand in pool/pull mobs into that pool to do DPS).

They buffed that Oculus Ring to ridiculous levels, now it's going to be mandatory for group plays and will force the players to play in a very specific way which means everyone standing in a small area to do efficient damage.

I am not sure I like that change and this sort of widens the gap between single player and multiplayer which is something they were actively trying to shorten. It also promotes a very limiting playstyle (everyone stand in pool/pull mobs into that pool to do DPS).

The thing doesn't last very long iirc, and the time spent moving from pool to pool severely eats into your DPS time. Unless they changed functionality, everytime you spawn a new pool, the previous disapears. It also hinges on actually killing something to benefit from it to kill the other stuff. Sounds really fucking annoying to be honest and I'm not sure most classes will bother, plus the obvious fact it's a ring. Sure it works with the new amulet/ring set, but that set also reduces its damage bonus when you move, while the occulus forces you to move, so... yeah.

Seems like fairly balanced to me to be honest. Only thing is I assume support classes will use occulus because why not, but I don't see people moving constantly for it and more hope it spawns under them by standing close to the mobs. Maybe I'm wrong though but the opportunity cost of moving in the shit and the uptime when considering high GR where even white shit doesn't die very fast seems like decent balancing.

Wallach

At least for my S6 setup the Oculus Ring sounds like it would be pretty good for solo play. It is also enough to possibly get away from needing a set ring; HFA or Immunity / Oculus / CoE / Unity cubed seems like it would be a possible solo jewelry setup. It would deprive of the moving mitigation bonus of Endless Walk but the damage bonus is very hard to leverage with some playstyles, and being able to actually get an immunity amulet in a decent damage jewelry setup may be worth the gain in terms of GR fishing.

Lain

The change to the 4p bonus of Del makes me think that doing Del'Rasha is going to be a bit more annoying without the bubbles acting as a source for meteors/buffs, though the defense boost is nice.

Top Bottom