• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Strider

What's the free DH set? Thinking I wanna run that this season once I start playing.

Also what is faster to level up bounties or rifts?

Lain

It still blows my mind that they reworked Firebird (and highlighted it by having it be the free wizard set) to... make it a subpar set yet again.

Saprol

It still blows my mind that they reworked Firebird (and highlighted it by having it be the free wizard set) to... make it a subpar set yet again.
it's a pile of crap in season 5? i thought this was going to be when i tried playing a wizard for once :(

which season journey sets are good?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I don't know, I'm running 6pc Firebird's now with a bunch of other legendaries and I'm doing pretty good. T4 is cake, T5 is doable, T6 is rough but I need to do quite a bit of enchanting yet, and I need better legends too. That 6-pc buff is borked a bit but the set seems to do okay, probably not as strong as other full sets but it sure isn't "trash".

But yeah, the term subpar might apply, heh.

Tendo

I have a 62 monk and 70 DH now and don't know who to open the set pieces for. Is one of the free 70 sets garbage or they both equally ok?

Bombless

the journey is per account. they warn you to only redeem the rewards on the character you want the item on

Aww, I clicked past that quickly. Oh well, DH is my main anyway but I wanted to try out the Invoker's set for shits and giggles. Will just level her up the old fashioned way.

Aww, I clicked past that quickly. Oh well, DH is my main anyway but I wanted to try out the Invoker's set for shits and giggles. Will just level her up the old fashioned way.

Well once you have your stuff setup as DH, you can run GR45s in 2mins or so, which give about 250bloodshards each, so every 10mins you can dump 1250worth of bloodshards on your other chars, you'll gamble the sets quickly. I got Delserre and half of Tal Rasha on my wiz and I haven't played her yet(and I'd have more if I wasn't trying to get a harrington belt so I've been spending like 4k shards on belts since).

Nokterian

Quick, which should I revert for Season play-
Wizard
Crusader
Demon Hunter

I'm playing Solo

Probably have most time spent on Wizard

My crusader is slowly climbing the leaderboards did yesterday to 57 solo and in groups invoker crusader is hella fun and i mean a lot of fun crusader has been in the back to long since release of reaper of souls.

Torment 10 all enemy's melt in front of me just like in torment 1 it is hilarious. But in groups it works amazing with wizard and monk and barbarian.

eek5

It's because it only counts as a buff when you plaster an enemy with 3000% worth of weapon damage so they get the permanent burning effect as outlined in the 4pc bonus. In the vast majority of cases you will kill the enemy before stacking that much damage, unless they are elite. I wonder if it'd be too strong if they changed it to activate on any active burning.

Any idea if that perma buff trick would be considered abuse of game mechanics? I might roll with this tactic for a while until I can build up another set.

i doubt they could even detect it but even if they could you're exploiting to do t6? lol i doubt they would care considering they fucked firebirds up

Dreavus

i doubt they could even detect it but even if they could you're exploiting to do t6? lol i doubt they would care considering they fucked firebirds up

Lol, fair enough.

I tried it, but if you don't use fire you completely lose the 4pc DOT which hurts a lot.

I've settled on getting the 24 stacks from an elite, running away and leaving it alive, then making sure future elites never get to the 3000% permanent burn. As long as you don't get any of them to permanent, you can keep the buff up for the rest of the rift. It's alright, but pretty unintuitive and a bit slow.

What's the free DH set? Thinking I wanna run that this season once I start playing.

Also what is faster to level up bounties or rifts?

The new Shadow set, you get the first 2 pieces when you reach level 70, the two set bonus will instantly enable you to complete the next two steps which are reaching GR20 and killing Zultun Kulle on T2, then you have a 6pc set ready in T6 in like an hour tops. It is so op against elites and bosses it is not even funny lol.

Maledict

I don't know, I'm running 6pc Firebird's now with a bunch of other legendaries and I'm doing pretty good. T4 is cake, T5 is doable, T6 is rough but I need to do quite a bit of enchanting yet, and I need better legends too. That 6-pc buff is borked a bit but the set seems to do okay, probably not as strong as other full sets but it sure isn't "trash".

The problem is two fold.

Firstly, the other class sets let you jump into T10 pretty much instantly. A freshly geared demon hunter will, quite literally, two shot a T6 rift guardian. Two impales, dead.

Secondly, T5 being doable is no longer the mark of anything viable unfortunately. Viable fun sets get to greater rank 60 before calling it a day. Torment 5 & 6 are now jokes compared to what they were when the expansion launched.

If we were playing three seasons ago, the set would be okay. As it is, they need to fix the way you stack the buff, so it triggers off any fire damage, and at least double the numbers you get from the buff to make the set viable on its own.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i don't particularly like firebird's nor think it's good for farming/speed runs, but regardless it was still clearing gr75-78 on the PTR in it's current form towards the end

it aint THAT bad numbers/balance wise, but it seems awful playstyle wise regardless

Tarazet

When you're doing the math, you have to take into account Firebird's set isn't just about the damage buff, but also the extra DoT that you don't have without the set. You really have to build the entire setup around it though, and you're going to be teleporting past trash packs to cherry pick elites. The starter set for Wizard really should have been Tal Rasha which is easier to kludge together something workable and is better for dealing with mobs in general.

Once you get Tal Rasha or Delsere's set you won't go back to Firebird. Don't know about Vyr but it seems like it is two or three patches behind the curve.

i don't particularly like firebird's nor think it's good for farming/speed runs, but regardless it was still clearing gr75-78 on the PTR in it's current form towards the end

it aint THAT bad numbers/balance wise, but it seems awful playstyle wise regardless

It plays awfully and is considerably behind every other set in power so yeah that's the definition of bad. Tal'Rasha and Delsere are both significantly better and more fun to play.

Lain

it's a pile of crap in season 5? i thought this was going to be when i tried playing a wizard for once :(

which season journey sets are good?

Rasha and Del are good. I especially like the fixes they did to Rasha so I don't lose the stacks if I keep casting.
It's just Firebird that feels underwhelming (from my limited playtime with it and what I've read here). I wish they showcased Rasha or Del instead.

No idea about the other classes' sets though.

Is the drop rate for band of might really low ?
I looted so many other leg rings but never got it, also did plenty of rare upgrades and kadala'ing and I haven't seen it yet
I already got 3 unities already ffs

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Has anyone seen an ancient legacy of nightmare ring yet? I think our guild has looted a combined 40-50, 0 ancient. Is the % chance lower rofl?

When you're doing the math, you have to take into account Firebird's set isn't just about the damage buff, but also the extra DoT that you don't have without the set. You really have to build the entire setup around it though, and you're going to be teleporting past trash packs to cherry pick elites. The starter set for Wizard really should have been Tal Rasha which is easier to kludge together something workable and is better for dealing with mobs in general.

Once you get Tal Rasha or Delsere's set you won't go back to Firebird. Don't know about Vyr but it seems like it is two or three patches behind the curve.

Well they gave people the sets they reworked this patch. It just so happens Firebird was broken OP for 3/4 of the PTR and it got slammed repeatedly with nerfs and then they stopped patching when it turned out... not so great.

You used to be able to get as many elite buffs as you wanted and it did like twice the value for burning mobs and stuff like that. People would just drag elites around so they could get crazy stupid damage or like pop a pylon after the RG spawned with nemesis bracers to get an elite pack while fighting the guardian. There were a bunch of bugs too at some point it was clearing 120+ solo or something dumb.

Main issue with the set is how awful it is at killing trash that's not high GR "takes 20seconds to kill" stuff. considering it's only 25%, the buff should just work as soon as the dot starts for trash packs. Or in general really, I don't think any other set has a ramp up time until you activate the bonus, it's either there permanently or activated instantly on a single specific skill usage.

The dot helps with trash, but dots are terrible for farming anything without a bunch of health again, most classes just slam trash mobs instantly.

Is the drop rate for band of might really low ?
I looted so many other leg rings but never got it, also did plenty of rare upgrades and kadala'ing and I haven't seen it yet
I already got 3 unities already ffs

Looking at drop rate list, it's a common ring, granted there's a ton of rings so that's relative. 4.71% to get it when you get a ring, which is the highest %(tied with a ton of other common rings).

Has anyone seen an ancient legacy of nightmare ring yet? I think our guild has looted a combined 40-50, 0 ancient. Is the % chance lower rofl?

I got Litany ancient, didn't get the other yet(then again I only got one of the other and like 10litany).

Maledict

I'm going to build Vyrs I think on my wizard. Was lucky enough to get an Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, so even though I don't have the Chando's set I already have the belt / ring / hat to make it work and it comes with death lasers as well.

Should be at least capable of running grift 40, which would allow me to transition much faster to Tal Rashas or Delsires.

Any idea on how to do GR45 with no set on barb for the conquest ?
It probably would use furious charge for mobility and some decent DPS with the rune that resets the cooldown, but besides that I can't think of anything good

something along those lines i guess
http://i.imgur.com/N7GGEY1.png

That feeling when you collect 12 of the weapons you really want (3x Deathwish, 4x Unstable Scepter, 2x Twisted Sword, 3x Serpent Sparker) and none of them are Ancient.

3 Gifts and nothing to use them on. Feelsbadman

I have an Ancient Twisted and Sparker on my non-seasonal, but that doesn't help me in Seasonal. But it's only been a couple of days. Let's see how MLK day treats me.

Maledict

None of the challenge dungeons look fun at all. Not sure what they were aiming for with them, but they don't appeal at all.

Join the club with wasting your season set on firebirds / we have a decent bar at least!

Maledict

Does anyone know how the Obsidain Ring of the Zodiac works with channeller spells by the way? Do you only get the cool down reduction once per cast, or do you get multiple procs as long as you channel a spell?

All the guides recommend using Arcane Torrent with the proccing missiles ability, but I was wondering if the Disintegrate spell with the extra close range lasers would have the same effect.

Orcastar

I'm completely new to this season thing (haven't played D3 since completing RoS and messing around in adventure mode for a weeks after that) so this might be a dumb question, but here goes:

With season journey objectives that require you to kill a specific boss, does is matter whether you kill them in story mode or adventure mode? The reason I ask is that when I was playing adventure mode yesterday, Maghda popped up as a random boss during a bounty, but apparently killing her this way didn't count towards the objective.

Does anyone know how the Obsidain Ring of the Zodiac works with channeller spells by the way? Do you only get the cool down reduction once per cast, or do you get multiple procs as long as you channel a spell?

All the guides recommend using Arcane Torrent with the proccing missiles ability, but I was wondering if the Disintegrate spell with the extra close range lasers would have the same effect.

It works fine, it "procs" at regular intervals while you're channeling.

I'm completely new to this season thing (haven't played D3 since completing RoS and messing around in adventure mode for a weeks after that) so this might be a dumb question, but here goes:

With season journey objectives that require you to kill a specific boss, does is matter whether you kill them in story mode or adventure mode? The reason I ask is that when I was playing adventure mode yesterday, Maghda popped up as a random boss during a bounty, but apparently killing her this way didn't count towards the objective.

It should work, maybe you weren't on the right difficulty? The season journey stuff is like torment 2+ and what not. You also have to be there for the kill(like if you group, you have to go and kill her, just not have someone in the group kill her). I've done all of them on adventure. In fact other than Leoric while leveling, I haven't done story mode in forever. Will have to do it again though for the 1hour clear conquest.

Adventure is fine
Conquests and achievements seem to be working rather wonky recently, I didn't get any confirmation pop up for plenty of stuff, I don't know what's up with that

Raxious

Dammit, skipped over that message saying you only get those set items once, so I accidentally got the first 2 pieces on my crusader. Now I won't be able to get the complete set on my DH :'(

Dammit, skipped over that message saying you only get those set items once, so I accidentally got the first 2 pieces on my crusader. Now I won't be able to get the complete set on my DH :'(

I thought it was you can only get them once per character. As in, you can't continually get them and Salvage them to stockpile crafting mats--or basically keep doing it until you get a perfect roll.

ZenaxPure

Adventure is fine
Conquests and achievements seem to be working rather wonky recently, I didn't get any confirmation pop up for plenty of stuff, I don't know what's up with that

I have yet to get a single pop up for any sort of season journey stuff this season (and it has made me question if there are any sort of pop ups for when you got them last season), also there has been some weird lag with it, when I did the thing for crafting a gem it didn't register as completed for like 5 minutes.

Orcastar

It should work, maybe you weren't on the right difficulty? The season journey stuff is like torment 2+ and what not. You also have to be there for the kill(like if you group, you have to go and kill her, just not have someone in the group kill her). I've done all of them on adventure. In fact other than Leoric while leveling, I haven't done story mode in forever. Will have to do it again though for the 1hour clear conquest.

Adventure is fine

Thanks for the info. I've been playing solo on expert so far (only lvl 35 atm) but I've already completed all the objectives in chapter 1 of the season journey except for the Maghda one. I haven't gotten confirmation pop ups for any of them though. I guess I'll try killing her in her lair later.

You probably have to kill her at level 70 ?
You should play hard too, it's the most time efficient way of levelling 1-70 imo, unless you have super high DPS then master is better

I have yet to get a single pop up for any sort of season journey stuff this season (and it has made me question if there are any sort of pop ups for when you got them last season), also there has been some weird lag with it, when I did the thing for crafting a gem it didn't register as completed for like 5 minutes.

It is a known issue that achievement/conquest/season journey toasts not popping up, but the reward status is not affected so nothing to worry about.

Tarazet

So, I tried rolling a socket on an amulet. I gave up on it.. had a good reason though.

2ClMzAR.jpg

Stevey

They're not unique sets. The other pieces will drop normally.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Firstly, the other class sets let you jump into T10 pretty much instantly. A freshly geared demon hunter will, quite literally, two shot a T6 rift guardian. Two impales, dead.

Holy Hell, well if that's the case then yeah Firebird is borked, because it certainly can't do that. T6 is doable if you run very carefully but it's slow, T4/T5 seems to be the viable initial point for the Firebird set. That's a huge difference from the other free sets from the sound of it.

Is there any chance Blizzard could fix it with a patch? Seems kind of unfair to wizards if they don't. Figures I'd pick the lame duck class for the season, sigh.

So, I tried rolling a socket on an amulet. I gave up on it.. had a good reason though.

2ClMzAR.jpg

CHD and CHC are more important than a socket when you're beginning to gear up imo, especially when your gems are low and not too impactful

Holy Hell, well if that's the case then yeah Firebird is borked, because it certainly can't do that. T6 is doable if you run very carefully but it's slow, T4/T5 seems to be the viable initial point for the Firebird set. That's a huge difference from the other free sets from the sound of it.

Is there any chance Blizzard could fix it with a patch? Seems kind of unfair to wizards if they don't. Figures I'd pick the lame duck class for the season, sigh.

the "lame duck class" is the top DPS class this patch, it just sucks with firebird (it may be bugged and if it is it'll get fixed)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not really digging Invoker playstyle/gearing, but the loot gods refuse to give me a full Akkhan set. You are frustrating me, Crusaderism.

Top Bottom