• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Before you waste mats, this doesn't work. You can only upgrade level 70 rares, and they come out as a 70 legendary using the full loot table. This does work for gambling though, but that's only useful if you need stuff to cube, as they'll come out at the level you're gambling for. You also need to be at the correct minimum level, off the top of my head Lut Socks is actually 8+. Can still be great for specific legendaries that might be hard to get otherwise. For example Dawn for DH which is required for pretty much every build in the cube this patch is lvl 50, and that cuts the amount of 1h xbow you can get by a fair amount(I think less than half).

yeah that's exactly what my quote was saying, get them at kadala for cube

Dahbomb

I just re-enchanted everything to maximise DPS on my crusader, gave up on Life on Hit, Indestructable, even VIT sometimes. Managed to complete the GRift that I had problems with 5 minutes to spare, but I'm losing a lot more HP, even died once, something that almost never happened with the old build.
Now you are getting into min/max territory.

Nere

Guys did they change mouse to become a sword when you hover over an enemy? It is a tiny think but my arrow remains an arrow always even when hovering an enemy.

mdzapeer

Yeah there is a gaf clan EU i can add you first going to see who was the longest offline so i have to kick them if needed because if i see over 300 days inactive it's a kick.

Fuck now i want to do a Wizard and later a Crusader maybe...still in doubt what to choose :p

Well i have sent a request to join the clan.

Crazy how fast quake set + band of might makes you steamroll shit until you need better wpn/dps stats. I go from 8.4m toughness to 110m toughness after a leap... nothing was hurting me at all until GR50 in glass cannon shitty gear.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Gotta hand it to them, the free set approach finally got me to learn to play jade doc. It's not as clunky as I was expecting once you get a good routine down with pestilence.

Maledict

Really dissapointed in the new Firebirds set for wizards. The 6 piece bonus only kicks in when something is permanently burning, which means it's fine on bosses but doesn't exist on trash mobs. It's effectively the same as the old set on trash, which leaves I feeling very weak compared to the other sets (also for some reason firebirds doesn't have a defensive bonus like every day other set - they are relying on you using that death ability!)

Sober

Guys did they change mouse to become a sword when you hover over an enemy? It is a tiny think but my arrow remains an arrow always even when hovering an enemy.
It's an improvement because you're going to be looking at their health bar 99% of the time, not your cursor.

Also now you can see your cursor in the mess of effects. I actually lost track of my cursor last season on my WD.

Dunfisch

Had a pretty insane run with Nokt and company this evening, 2 vaults and 5 cow levels, all back to back. After that was done I was kitted well enough to jump from Grifts at 35 to 50+.

Fun times this season indeed.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Had a pretty insane run with Nokt and company this evening, 2 vaults and 5 cow levels, all back to back. After that was done I was kitted well enough to jump from Grifts at 35 to 50+.

Fun times this season indeed.

Man, still haven't had time to join the game since the new season :/.

Celegus

Protip for anyone using Discord on mobile: just swiping the app closed when you're done doesn't actually disconnect from the server. Wife woke up at 2am kind of freaked out when people suddenly started talking in the other room (I slept through it until she got me up).

Applied for NeoGAF Overflow. Here's hoping I get accepted soon.

If it's possible, could I be invited to the main GAF clan? quote for ID

yeah that's exactly what my quote was saying, get them at kadala for cube

I guess I somehow read that as exactly the contrary of what it was saying, my bad.

Gem conversion recipe is so good, it goes so much faster to get full upgraded gems for your armor/weapon/helm with it than it used to.

So my application to NeoGAF overflow just expired and I've been playing since regularly since my last post here, just started my season hero today and its my first time doing this so was hoping to play with anyone from GAF. Btw I'm playing in the NA region SonicXZero#1385 hope to get an invite from the clan, playing solo from scratch is kinda boring.lol

BigDug13

It's been ages since I played and decided to mess around again with the new patch. Got a witch doctor to 70 and was playing bounties at Torment 1 and joined a random group. Everyone was off different directions finishing bounties up. One wizard already had over 100 paragon and was killing each Diablo boss stage in two hits. Basically he looked like what I've seen from cheaters on console and yet this was on PC. Diablo dying before he even unleashes a single attack on any stage. I didn't really get it but whatever. I end up finishing the final leg of a stage in act 1 so I return to town to talk to tyrael and get the cube of loot. As soon as I do the party chat lights up with: (let's just call me player 4)

Player 1: ...
Player 1: lol
Player 2: just kick him

Next thing I know I'm kicked.

Am I missing something about the evolution of Diablo? What am I doing wrong? Also how are people on PC killing primary bosses in two hits on Torment difficult? It's like his disintegrate spell was doing millions of damage or something.

Baliis

It's been ages since I played and decided to mess around again with the new patch. Got a witch doctor to 70 and was playing bounties at Torment 1 and joined a random group. Everyone was off different directions finishing bounties up. One wizard already had over 100 paragon and was killing each Diablo boss stage in two hits. Basically he looked like what I've seen from cheaters on console and yet this was on PC. Diablo dying before he even unleashes a single attack on any stage. I didn't really get it but whatever. I end up finishing the final leg of a stage in act 1 so I return to town to talk to tyrael and get the cube of loot. As soon as I do the party chat lights up with: (let's just call me player 4)

Player 1: ...
Player 1: lol
Player 2: just kick him

Next thing I know I'm kicked.

Am I missing something about the evolution of Diablo? What am I doing wrong? Also how are people on PC killing primary bosses in two hits on Torment difficult? It's like his disintegrate spell was doing millions of damage or something.

There's a bonus bounty cache now where when you turn in the bonus act. You get a bonus cache that gives you extra mats. If you turn it in out of order, you lose out on the extra.

BigDug13

There's a bonus bounty cache now where when you turn in the bonus act. You get a bonus cache that gives you extra mats. If you turn it in out of order, you lose out on the extra.

Hmm ok that's new. How can you tell the order?

Also, how was his disintegrate spell killing main bosses in two seconds on Torment difficulty?

Also, how was his disintegrate spell killing main bosses in two seconds on Torment difficulty?

Torment 1 is nothing, nor is 100paragon. You can one shot bosses on T1 after only a few hours of gearing(or literally less than one hour on season, but I assume you weren't on season), and 100paragon is like 2-3hours.

As for bounties, when you open the map and zoom out to the world map(right click), one of them say Bonus. You want to turn the bonus one in first, then it'll change to another act, you do that one and so on. In pubs, people will often split and do different acts, but leave the completed acts until it's bonus. Like if player A goes a lot faster and clear act1 but bonus is act4, don't turn in until act4 has been turned in and act1 is bonus(which might be next, or not, it's random). The goal in bounty pubs is to do all 5 acts in a row with bonus on each, so you get 10caches total.

BigDug13

Torment 1 is nothing, nor is 100paragon. You can one shot bosses on T1 after only a few hours of gearing(or literally less than one hour on season, but I assume you weren't on season), and 100paragon is like 2-3hours.

As for bounties, when you open the map and zoom out to the world map(right click), one of them say Bonus. You want to turn the bonus one in first, then it'll change to another act, you do that one and so on. In pubs, people will often split and do different acts, but leave the completed acts until it's bonus. Like if player A goes a lot faster and clear act1 but bonus is act4, don't turn in until act4 has been turned in and act1 is bonus(which might be next, or not, it's random). The goal in bounty pubs is to do all 5 acts in a row with bonus on each, so you get 10caches total.

It was the new season. It's been like 24 hours into the season and a single guy in four player was downing act bosses in 2 seconds. Just threw me off. I know Torment 1 is pretty bottom barrel but it was just surprising that people could do that level of damage so quickly into the season. It was "console cheat" level of damage and I had just never experienced it before.

100 paragon is 2-3 hours? I've been playing for hours and hours to get to 70 and paragon 10 on my WD.

eek5

If you go to the map and zoom out to the one where you see all the acts you'll see a little chest icon by the act that has the bonus cache. It rotates around when you complete them

Nokterian

Only played 9 hours of my last season crusader looked yesterday of new total hours of my rebirth crusader already over 30 hours..welp.

Stevey

I learnt yesterday that you can pause the game when solo.
I was certain you couldn't so have spent the last few years town scrolling whenever I needed to pause D:

It was the new season. It's been like 24 hours into the season and a single guy in four player was downing act bosses in 2 seconds. Just threw me off. I know Torment 1 is pretty bottom barrel but it was just surprising that people could do that level of damage so quickly into the season. It was "console cheat" level of damage and I had just never experienced it before.

100 paragon is 2-3 hours? I've been playing for hours and hours to get to 70 and paragon 10 on my WD.

I meant 2-3hours after hitting 70, might be more but it's really quick.

If you're on season, and seeing as how you're doing T1, did you miss the free set?

When you hit 70 on your first char in the season(won't work for others, it's achievement based), you get a mail(bottom left corner of your screen). This has 2pieces of your Jade set, which should let you do T2-3 easily.

Then you go to T2, go to act 2 and kill Kulle(don't need the bounty, just kill him normally). This give you yet another mail, with 2 more pieces of the Jade set.

Now you have 4pc, get some decent rares for other slots, increase difficulty to torment IV, do a rift to get a greater rift key. If you don't get a key try again until you get one(you can go back down to T2 or T3 if T4 is slow, but do it once to unlock GR), once you have a key, do a GR20 solo, it should be easy to do with 4pc and rares. Once complete, bam another mail, you now have 6piece jade and you should be able to handle T6. At that point you can go back to T1 and see how fast you kill a boss(spoiler, it'll take less than 5seconds).

General Jade spec is Haunt+Locust Swarm+Soul Harvest, the usual Spirit Walk and then whatever for other slots(piranhas probably), and make sure you use the passive that makes dots last longer to massively increase your damage. And gamble a Quetzacoatl(voodoo mask, so gamble helms), asap, as it also massively increases damage.

This season has a large boost in power very quickly due to the free sets, people aren't stuck on low torments for a while, instead you jump directly to T6/7 even with just rares in every slot. And farm for a few hours with a bit of luck and you'll be T9 ready.

Nokterian

Me in my invoker set.

giphy.gif

Tarazet

Last night I was already carrying other clan mates on my Wizard in GR 40's and our knife spec Demon Hunter was 2 shotting bosses. Granted, that's all he can really do with that spec, but no cheating involved.. just the free set and a couple OK drops, nothing spectacular.

For reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/47867519

Ayumi

Hi guys, long time no see!

Some people are trying to tempt me into re-installing the game. (Shame on them!)
But I don't have as much time to play as I used to, and my timezone will crash with the US players.. I dunno, is it worth playing S5 if I don't even have too much time to invest?

D3 seems to be only about ladders still, so I suppose there is no such thing as "casual".

Maybe I should just play PoE instead.. Someone pls tell me to go away. My heart says yes, my mind says no. ┐(´д`)┌

Maledict

Really dissapointed in the new Firebirds set for wizards. The 6 piece bonus only kicks in when something is permanently burning, which means it's fine on bosses but doesn't exist on trash mobs. It's effectively the same as the old set on trash, which leaves I feeling very weak compared to the other sets (also for some reason firebirds doesn't have a defensive bonus like every day other set - they are relying on you using that death ability!)

Just coming back to this to highlight - the Firebird set is completely screwed right now. Even if the bugs were fixed, it's powerlevel is so ridiculously lower than any other set it isn't worth bothering with. Do not use your season free set on Firebirds - it's absolutely not worth it.

Fundamentally broken design in addition to numbers tuning that is just far lower than other sets for some reason.

(To get the same damage bonus as Delsires, you'd need to have set fire to 80 mobs at once. And the damage bonus would shrink every time a mob died... )

Addnan

Got to paragon 409 on my DH. Going slower this season since not really at home. Playing in the middle of the night with random people. Interesting experience not having set people to play with.

Tarazet

Just coming back to this to highlight - the Firebird set is completely screwed right now. Even if the bugs were fixed, it's powerlevel is so ridiculously lower than any other set it isn't worth bothering with. Do not use your season free set on Firebirds - it's absolutely not worth it.

Fundamentally broken design in addition to numbers tuning that is just far lower than other sets for some reason.

(To get the same damage bonus as Delsires, you'd need to have set fire to 80 mobs at once. And the damage bonus would shrink every time a mob died... )

Is it bad enough that you would drop it for 4 piece Delsere? I've been trying to get a full set before I switch over. The damage doesn't seem too terrible, but there is no defensive bonus to FB except for the cheat death mechanic.

Lain

Getting a servers are busy queue. Dosnt move forward. Times are getting higher :/

Same. I guess no D3 for me today.

I thought firebird was supposed to be pretty good now? I did notice on the PTR that unless I had a bunch of mobs and an elite on fire, my damage sucked, but I chalked that up to me not having the right gear to play around with it on there. Is it really still bad?

Top Bottom