• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Xanathus

Which class has the easiest set dungeons (other than Crusader)? I'm trying to figure out what class I want to alt this season for the 8 set dungeon conquest. I know most classes have at least one super hard dungeon like Barb with Wastes, DH with Shadow, WD with Jade.

Akai XIII

Currently trying to get a Ramaladni Gift, and I'd say that peeling off my skin with a spoon is more entertaining.

I have 7 spare D:

...and GR70 down with 9ish minutes to spare. I'm 520 on the leaderboard.

There are a few places I need better gear - shoulders, gloves and weapon, but so far I'm very happy with my Barb. Starting to catch up with my off season paragon level though... 737 off, 558 on.

w4ttsup

Would anyone be willing to PL a seasonal SC demon hunter for me tonight? Setting up a LAN session for this weekend and the others don't want to play hardcore.

w4ttsup#1736

RS4-

Which class has the easiest set dungeons (other than Crusader)? I'm trying to figure out what class I want to alt this season for the 8 set dungeon conquest. I know most classes have at least one super hard dungeon like Barb with Wastes, DH with Shadow, WD with Jade.

DH M6 was pretty easy. The only annoying part was not letting the worm dudes spawn directly under you.

Unless they changed the m6 challenge in season.

And cheers for the vaults!

For me, UE was harder than shadow because of stupid RNG. Once I figured out what to do with shadow, it took me 3 tries to master it. Mara was RNG dumb, but easy. Nats was a total joke. Easily mastered it on try 2 by using strafe. I did UE, Mara, and Nats with all the same gear except for set pieces, and skills. MS, Strafe, + generator, prep punishment, bat companion, sentry.

Your first mistake was trying.

I know, but even when I do random stuff I can't seem to forget about it.

I have 7 spare D:

...and GR70 down with 9ish minutes to spare. I'm 520 on the leaderboard.

There are a few places I need better gear - shoulders, gloves and weapon, but so far I'm very happy with my Barb. Starting to catch up with my off season paragon level though... 737 off, 558 on.

Haha, it happens. I had luck with gear so far, but not with Ramaladni.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
LoN WD is slooowly coming together. Pet helltooth's ok but I don't have anything to do between cooldowns. Lots of running around trying to keep soul harvest stacks up without getting squished. Makes me miss the monk playstyle. Speaking of which:

Nice, I had been wondering if any monks out there were holding their cards. The guide's a bit inconsistent about the Epiphany rune - guess they used desert shroud for that run instead of soothing mist.

Edit: just noticed it's one DPS and three supports. Weird! Guess they'd have one big pile of mobs with twisters working away.
Wiz DPS: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69867-2-4-gr100-delsere-energy-twister
Barb support: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69882-2-4-gr100-zdps-globe-barb-group
WD support: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69876-2-4-gr100-wd-support-group
Monk support: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69908-2-4-gr100-loh-heal-monk-group

I'm almost ready for support WD too, I just don't have SMK yet.

LoN WD is slooowly coming together. Pet helltooth's ok but I don't have anything to do between cooldowns. Lots of running around trying to keep soul harvest stacks up without getting squished.

So I have been playing WD this season, and have all my jade pieces. Found the Haunting belt, the bracers that give 6% dmg reduction per SH stack, Travelers Pledge/CompassRose, etc. Everything rolling with +Poison that needs to. It seems the game is telling me to play Jade. Just missing the Wormwood and maybe a Convention of Elements.

Just not sure that build is the safest build to be playing in Hardcore.

Is LoN Firebats going to be the "go to" build for higher GR pushing with WD?

The Shadows dungeon asks you to kill 120 mobs of which 100 have to be killed in series of 20 hits with Impale first touch AND every hit needs to be on a different target or the series gets reset. With the majority of mobs being shield skeletons.

You also need to snare 40 mobs with your Shadow Power snare...except the set bonus that gives you all the runes is bugged. The snare is only provided upon activation (or reactivation) of the skill and only for 5 seconds.

All this in 4.5 minutes.

I know how to do it, I just lack the hate regen to do it in time. Super annoying.

At least through this I found out that Impale's hitbox can actually kill multiple targets if they're close enough to each other.

This one is pretty easy with the right set up. Make sure you have no area damage and use the 100% crit dagger from the a3 cache. I 1 hit every single thing in that dungeon. I used prep punishment, bat companion, and templar for hatred. I used grievous wounds for impale.

If you want to cheese it, have a friend join you. You tag everything with impale, your friend follows behind a bit and cleans up what you dont kill.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well my current spec is having a tough time surviving. any suggestions from anyone?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zierkka-1594/hero/15551082

i dont have much in the way of legendaries, basically what you see is the best i have. i was using 4p firebird and 2p Vyr's but changed to 6p firebirds to try and get used to it before trying to find that set dungeon. im getting one or two shot, but i can usually kill stuff without too much trouble.

the cold blooded was swapped out for unwavering will, if it doesnt update.

Feel like the purple arrow showing the KW location doesn't work 25% of the time
Also the 90% drop rate for machines is BS. Also haven't seen one double drop yet. Playing TX.

For me, UE was harder than shadow because of stupid RNG. Once I figured out what to do with shadow, it took me 3 tries to master it. Mara was RNG dumb, but easy. Nats was a total joke. Easily mastered it on try 2 by using strafe. I did UE, Mara, and Nats with all the same gear except for set pieces, and skills. MS, Strafe, + generator, prep punishment, bat companion, sentry.

UE has randomness? I one shot it and found it like one of the easiest dungeon, it seemed really straightforward, just multishot the packs? Marauder was kinda annoying but pretty easy also. Nat was super easy, I guess easier than UE even. Shadow few tries to understand exactly what they meant by chains but after that it was pretty simple also.

I think Crusader has the easiest dungeons? The only one I had a bit of trouble with was Roland, and that's mostly because it's very very big so you need to have an efficient route to have enough time to kill everything. The actual objectives are a joke though and you're done like half way into the dungeon, rest is just clearing all the mobs. Light/Invoker I one shot, and I can't even remember what Akkhan was.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is LoN Firebats going to be the "go to" build for higher GR pushing with WD?

I think so, but I'm not sure how safe that is for hardcore either.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69904-2-4-gr90-lon-firebat-gargantuam-group
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69659-2-4-helltooth-gargantua-84

I started up an alt for this one last night - chicken WD with sage set for T10 DB farming:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/68124-2-4-turbo-chicken-t10-deathbreath-speed-farming
Need to finish enchanting some stuff to try it out.

UE has randomness? I one shot it and found it like one of the easiest dungeon, it seemed really straightforward, just multishot the packs? Marauder was kinda annoying but pretty easy also. Nat was super easy, I guess easier than UE even. Shadow few tries to understand exactly what they meant by chains but after that it was pretty simple also.

I think Crusader has the easiest dungeons? The only one I had a bit of trouble with was Roland, and that's mostly because it's very very big so you need to have an efficient route to have enough time to kill everything. The actual objectives are a joke though and you're done like half way into the dungeon, rest is just clearing all the mobs. Light/Invoker I one shot, and I can't even remember what Akkhan was.

I had horrible luck getting enough packs of 20+. Then I got what I needed but there were 2 spiders left. That happend to me twice. Then I finally got it. Completing it wasnt too bad, mastering it was just a PITA.

brau

Can anyone recommend a series of videos or something that goes through how to manage a Wizard? I finally got into a wizard but i feel i am never DPSing. I figured i just need to do more research and focus on certain aspects.

Any thoughts?

Yay, finally got my 6-piece Jade Harvester set last night. Cool set. One-shotting a rift guardian with Soul Harvest is really fun.

I tried the set dungeon this morning - LOL, I didn't even get close to finishing it in time. I'm gonna have to watch some YouTube tutorials.

joesmokey

So how's everyone feeling Season 5?

I think I'm about done playing. For me it's good to binge weekends and play and get it out of my system. At this point I'm only using Kadala to get ancients and that still isn't fun for me.

My last goal is to hit GR70 and call it a day. I think I'm geared to do that already, though I might have to level some gems up.

inky

I still need to do the infernal machines for the Slayer challenge. so the Machines drop directly from the keywardens now, right? I don't have to get keys then craft the things anymore?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So how's everyone feeling Season 5?

I think I'm about done playing. For me it's good to binge weekends and play and get it out of my system. At this point I'm only using Kadala to get ancients and that still isn't fun for me.

My last goal is to hit GR70 and call it a day. I think I'm geared to do that already, though I might have to level some gems up.

I'm enjoying it, but I have the time to binge with it. I am actually only at level 50 with my Wizard. Just a few minutes a night is about all I can give it right now. I am enjoying it and it looks like I might get time to sit down for a couple of hours with it this weekend.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aight this raekor's/furious charge animation cancel bug is a life changer, this is how furious charge should function by default imo absolutely amazing and fun

I did each uber once in TX for the journey, had enough for 2 hellfire
724 str
9% crit chance
socket
69% crit damage
rampage passive

goddamn lol. If only the crit damage was higher I would have rerolled the STR to %physical, oh well I won't complain

I still need to do the infernal machines for the Slayer challenge. so the Machines drop directly from the keywardens now, right? I don't have to get keys then craft the things anymore?

You still need to kill the key wardens, but you are correct, they drop the machines. You need 1 of each to do all of the rooms to make the amulet. A nice new bonus is that the rooms now drop up to 3 pieces depending on difficulty. Also, the amulet is always socketed too, was like that in s4 as well.

h3ro

Loving UE Demon Hunter this patch, it's the perfect set for rapid TX runs. Going to try out M6 build next once I build up a few more quality pieces.

Was thinking of messing around with Monk again (I played SC Monk last patch) and was wondering if anyone was running Inna's Monk this patch. Reason is I already have 2 perfect fists and would love to put them to work again. Quin put up a build but wanted to hear some GAF impressions.

inky

You still need to kill the key wardens, but you are correct, they drop the machines. You need 1 of each to do all of the rooms to make the amulet. A nice new bonus is that the rooms now drop up to 3 pieces depending on difficulty. Also, the amulet is always socketed too, was like that in s4 as well.

Awesome. Thanks.

mileS

Has been a great season thus far. Loving Barb right now.
-Quake build is probably the most fun for me right now. It can also tank damage like a complete boss. I feel like a god.
-The IK charge setup is great for doing TX rifts but anything past that it is a complete pain in the ass for the RG or some elite packs.

I played Barb, Monk and WD last season and got both monk and WD to GR60 giving up on Barb because I thought it was boring.

What are the good characters to build on this time? Crusader any good? I've not really done a good crusader.

mileS

I played Barb, Monk and WD last season and got both monk and WD to GR60 giving up on Barb because I thought it was boring.

What are the good characters to build on this time? Crusader any good? I've not really done a good crusader.

You picked a really good time to try Crusader! I'd say go with that.

nubbe

I did a Shield Bash crusader during S4, it is pretty fun to dash in and make a group of enemies explode
But that is basicly everything you do

Xeteh

This Jade Harvester dungeon can die in a fire. Failed once with 1 mob remaining, three times with 2. Kill all enemies in the time limit when you have the snake men who stealth for 5 seconds at a time is really low on fun and high on frustration.

rac

Banned
Is there any guides for someone brand new to seasons looking to start playing again?

Any recommendations on classes, I was thinking about making a crusader.

th3dude

Is there any guides for someone brand new to seasons looking to start playing again?

Any recommendations on classes, I was thinking about making a crusader.

Really enjoying my crusader. I haven't played since season 2 and I'm already paragon 200+ on him.

The first class you level to 70 gets a free set for completing a couple easy challenges. Crusader gets a full 6 piece Invoker set, which is awesome because of the changes to how thorns work.

Celegus

This Jade Harvester dungeon can die in a fire. Failed once with 1 mob remaining, three times with 2. Kill all enemies in the time limit when you have the snake men who stealth for 5 seconds at a time is really low on fun and high on frustration.

Yeah this one sucks. It's probably easiest to do with a buddy that can tag along and look for leftover snakes. But really, what a horrible enemy to have in one of these things.

Rift Guardians are busting my ass with my current build. Even with a Furnace cubed and 3+ minutes to spare I can't kill most of them in time at GR 68. Might need to level my Esoteric Alteration some more to see if that helps with the insta-gibs, or just more into Bane of the Stricken.

clearing TX in 3 minutes is the most entertaining shit this game has to offer. my goodness.

Rift Guardians are busting my ass with my current build. Even with a Furnace cubed and 3+ minutes to spare I can't kill most of them in time at GR 68. Might need to level my Esoteric Alteration some more to see if that helps with the insta-gibs, or just more into Bane of the Stricken.

I can help! uh...maybe >__>

Also are there any reasonable Conquest missions? They all seem like bullshit.

Baliis

clearing TX in 3 minutes is the most entertaining shit this game has to offer. my goodness.

I can help! uh...maybe >__>

Also are there any reasonable Conquest missions? They all seem like bullshit.

The gold one is pretty easy. The gr 45 probably isn't too bad either now, there's lots of legendary synergy and builds that work for it.

I went full dps with the Leg Gems, Stricken + Trapped + Taeguk/Gogok. Don't know your class though, so they might not work.

Top Bottom