• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Aw man, I just found this nice ancient legendary source:

tTm2L3i.jpg

I hate to say it but I think I'm gonna cube it and set it as my kanai power. I want to keep my Firebird's source for the 6-pc bonus, but with this as my kanai power I can have a free constant Fire Blizzard everywhere I point my laser beams at!!!

inky

Yeah you can, she never puts out when you want her to. Lots of competition in that slot.

I made 3 full sets before I got them, lol. Only 150 tries since that last post! They are kinda crappy rolls too haha but I guess that's fine once you have everything to get a build going.

Dreavus

http://i.imgur.com/tTm2L3i.jpg[img]

I hate to say it but I think I'm gonna cube it and set it as my kanai power. I want to keep my Firebird's source for the 6-pc bonus, but with this as my kanai power I can have a free constant Fire Blizzard everywhere I point my laser beams at!!![/QUOTE]

Does this just randomly fire off spells, or does it use another one on your bar? Looks really useful for laser beam builds.

eek5

Does this just randomly fire off spells, or does it use another one on your bar? Looks really useful for laser beam builds.

It just uses the ones in your bar. Seems like there is a CD on certain skills (i.e. it won't fire off black hole over and over but it'll use arcane orb a lot)

Maledict

It uses another on your bar.

Sadly enough it's being used with Delsires more than firebirdsl, to spam energy twister everywhere on screen. The disintegrate doesn't do anything other than cast free energy twisters basically.

Mengy

It just uses the ones in your bar. Seems like there is a CD on certain skills (i.e. it won't fire off black hole over and over but it'll use arcane orb a lot)

Sadly enough it's being used with Delsires as well, to spam energy twister everywhere on screen. The disintegrate doesn't do anything other than cast free energy twisters basically.

Yep, I tried just equipping it and toyed around with different spells on my hotbar. Some fire a lot, some once and awhile, with something like Hydra it simply refreshes your Hydra whenever it dies off at the spot your mouse cursor is. With Blizzard though it fires a continuous blizzard centered on your mouse cursor. It blankets everything with blizzard! Pretty cool.

Maledict

It's worth noting that it doesn't let you override the cooldown on your spell, and it randomly selects. It's often best just to have one resource consumer on your bar, that doesn't have a cooldown, to get the most out of it.

Lain

I haven't been following on how to get the firebird buff to stay on indefinitely, but while taking a friend through rifts to powerlevel him, the buff would stay up even after I killed the elites.
I've read here that one strategy is to get the buff on indefinitely and then use another elemental magic, and indeed it's a good plan, because I went from 300-900k crit hits to constant 30+million crit-hits that is always useful at the t5-6 level, but it feels pretty stupid.

Currently in Act II. From what I have read, the game changes, gets better, evolves? I really enjoy what I am playing now but (without spoilers I'd prefer) what is the difference between Act III and the rest of the game? Why do people seem to enjoy it more and what do I have to look forward to?

Bombless

Currently in Act II. From what I have read, the game changes, gets better, evolves? I really enjoy what I am playing now but (without spoilers I'd prefer) what is the difference between Act III and the rest of the game? Why do people seem to enjoy it more and what do I have to look forward to?

People that say that are talking about the Adventure mode, not the campaign. The story mode is fairly meh.

BashNasty

Act 3 is a solid act, but it's far from my favorite. The main thing you have to look forward to, if you have RoS is adventure mode. Adventure mode is what Diablo III is. The dumb story of campaign mode will become a fading memory once you get into adventure mode and start doing bounties, rifts and greater rifts.

Diablo III is interesting in that it is not in any way, shape or form about the narrative or a traditional linear progression through the game. Diablo III is about the many powerful and varied play styles you unlock once you hit max level and start to collect all manner of gameplay changing sets and legendaries. It's said often enough about so many games as to be a troupe, but Diablo III does not begin until you hit max level. The Diablo III you see people talking about in this thread has nothing to do with the campaign or leveling experience, it has everything to do with the immensely satisfying combat and the search for rare loot that changes how you play the game.

Have fun, you haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
wait you can do set dungeons in a party? wat

Yeah, I just saw that today. Something so absurd I didn't think to check. Bring a friend to DPS the zone after you jump through the low-DPS hoops for mastery objectives, lol

Also, elemental immunity amulets work for those objectives.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't checked in for ages, but is there room in the main GAF clan now? I joined the Overflow clan when RoS first came out, but it seems to be mostly dead now.

Mengy

Anyone? This is my second, but also technically third time asking. D:

In the time you spent asking you could have just...leveled up normally, LOL. I ain't a fast leveler but it only took me like five hours of game time to hit 70, the kill streak multiplier really helps it along nicely.

In the time you spent asking you could have just...leveled up normally, LOL. I ain't a fast leveler but it only took me like five hours of game time to hit 70, the kill streak multiplier really helps it along nicely.

I saw people asking 6 hours after the season started for boosting. It took me something like 7 hours to hit 70 and that wasn't using anything resembling an efficient method (just did bounties and then rifts when I got bored).

Act 3 is a solid act, but it's far from my favorite. The main thing you have to look forward to, if you have RoS is adventure mode. Adventure mode is what Diablo III is. The dumb story of campaign mode will become a fading memory once you get into adventure mode and start doing bounties, rifts and greater rifts.

Diablo III is interesting in that it is not in any way, shape or form about the narrative or a traditional linear progression through the game. Diablo III is about the many powerful and varied play styles you unlock once you hit max level and start to collect all manner of gameplay changing sets and legendaries. It's said often enough about so many games as to be a troupe, but Diablo III does not begin until you hit max level. The Diablo III you see people talking about in this thread has nothing to do with the campaign or leveling experience, it has everything to do with the immensely satisfying combat and the search for rare loot that changes how you play the game.

Have fun, you haven't even scratched the surface yet.
This sounds amazing. I don't want to rush through the story but i now want to rush through the story.

I just wanna relax and enjoy some GR60+ after work, but these TX normal rifts for mostly 1 GR key is ruining the enjoyment.

Hopefully they find a right balance or solution if they're going to keep upping everyone's dmg through the roof per season.

inky

Oh man, Act 2... I think it got that fame way back in vanilla when it was the dullest, most drawn out act. Large areas with not much in them.The game has come a long way since the days of Jay "we don't want people doing boss runs, we want them to do full story acts over and over again" Wilson. FTL

Been doing TX Rifts with this Inna build (sans rings). Gotdamn that jump in power and mobility. Still a little sketchy with the survivability but it can only improve.

The gold one is pretty easy. The gr 45 probably isn't too bad either now, there's lots of legendary synergy and builds that work for it.

I'm open to recommendations. I tried a couple of builds and got my ass kicked. And how does one make that gold one "easy" exactly? seemed like quite the chore.

Oh man, Act 2... I think it got that fame way back in vanilla when it was the dullest, most drawn out act. Large areas with not much in them.

I remember before they switched to the Torment system Act 2 was a HUGE barrier on the highest difficulty. Those stupid wasps hit for a metric ton, and all those big areas were filled with dense pockets of mobs that would just leap on and instagib you.

I still to this day hate Dhalgur Oasis as a zone--thank god they added the Key Warden indicator, but any Bounty in that zone usually takes as long as 3-5 from the other zones.

I remember before they switched to the Torment system Act 2 was a HUGE barrier on the highest difficulty. Those stupid wasps hit for a metric ton, and all those big areas were filled with dense pockets of mobs that would just leap on and instagib you.

I still to this day hate Dhalgur Oasis as a zone--thank god they added the Key Warden indicator, but any Bounty in that zone usually takes as long as 3-5 from the other zones.

All I remember is being one of the first to hit Torment or whatever it was called and getting to the Act 2 and the invis dudes actually making me want to just quit the game.

inky

That was because the items needed to progress through that zone (ilevel 63 iirc) only dropped from Act III onwards, so technically you couldn't get gear to clear Act II on Act II, especially for melee because a single wasp would decimate you like you say.

That was while there was no AH at least, but later people managed to cheese that area or move on (mainly with DH shenanigans) and farm Act III, then got stupid rich by selling items with high resistances to the rest of us undergeared noobs. Even blue items with high All Resist rolls went for a lot of gold. That's how desperate we were.

I have to admit it was kind of fun, but frustrating and definitely poorly thought out at the same time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got a 76% mask of jeram and had the mats to do one reroll. It is now 100%.

Baliis

I'm open to recommendations. I tried a couple of builds and got my ass kicked. And how does one make that gold one "easy" exactly? seemed like quite the chore.

Stack gold find, kill a gilded baron. Icemarker got it on accident earlier. Or level up a boon of the horder a bit and do a loop of the ruins of corvus with all the little guys that climb over the walls

Of course as soon as I get GR 68 down the bottom of the leaderboard is at 69. :/

Still need ancient weapon. Gotta farm bounties for reroll mats some more. And rift keys.

inky

Aww man, my game is so bugged, lol. Achievements haven't popped up all season and there's apparently a bug with the Inna set that puts you at 60% hp when you activate a shrine, zone in, or do a variety of other stuff. Would not recommend for HC players lol.

eek5

I hate this little plus icon. It always pop up during GRs and it hides my convention of elements.

holy shit yeah it's annoying. when i'm playing DMO i can't tell when I get my 5 stacks. i can barely see the bottom corner but since it moves around i have to look for it

Cracklox

Aww man, my game is so bugged, lol. Achievements haven't popped up all season and there's apparently a bug with the Inna set that puts you at 60% hp when you activate a shrine, zone in, or do a variety of other stuff. Would not recommend for HC players lol.

Heh. I noticed that. Mostly when zoning to a new area. I just figured it was working out all the buffs from the mystic allies, and taking a moment to update the health bar. Didn't realise it was bugged.

I play HC and its the pick of the 6 set bonuses (without the aforementioned), with the 4 and 6 bonus being huge for survivability. You can still combine with a 2 piece sunwoko for ridic survivability and also 2 piece Uliana for EPs everywhere. Everyone was shitting on Monks after the update, but I had awesome fun with my 'can't be fucked pressing more then 1 button build'

Tarazet

I saw people asking 6 hours after the season started for boosting. It took me something like 7 hours to hit 70 and that wasn't using anything resembling an efficient method (just did bounties and then rifts when I got bored).

I did nothing but rifts and it took me around 3 hours playing on Hard to get from 1-70. Had I been playing any class other than Wizard, I would have been farming T6 within an hour after getting the free set (no regrets though).

Tarazet

Sadly enough it's being used with Delsires more than firebirdsl, to spam energy twister everywhere on screen. The disintegrate doesn't do anything other than cast free energy twisters basically.

I can see that, Hergbrash to allow for infinite Disintegrate channeling then Etched Sigil to spam Energy Twister all day. It's too bad that you couldn't somehow use a Valthek's Rebuke, since the extra damage from a 2-hander would be great, but you need the Twisted Sword effect.

I did nothing but rifts and it took me around 3 hours playing on Hard to get from 1-70. Had I been playing any class other than Wizard, I would have been farming T6 within an hour after getting the free set (no regrets though).

I wanted to do Bounties just so I had the Crafting Mats when I got max level to cube some legendaries in the early stages.

Bombless

Seems to me like the Legacy of Nightmares is the true gem of this patch. It'll allow for crazy builds and setups to work when they shouldn't, not just roll with whatever 6p set you have.

Seems to me like the Legacy of Nightmares is the true gem of this patch. It'll allow for crazy builds and setups to work when they shouldn't, not just roll with whatever 6p set you have.

LoN takes way too long to get started though, you need to farm so much before you have a decent LoN set. And even then it sucks for a bunch of classes.

I tried LoN Strafe on my DH but it looked horrible. Granted I don't have optimal rolls on my ancients, but I still had all the "right" gear with a few decent pieces(really good magefist, good cindercoat, one of the crossbows is good other is meh etc), and it was struggling on T10. I guess the main issue here is Strafe sucks, but if you're not using strafe, then it's not gonna be better at doing multishot or cluster than UE/Marauder, so... Rapid Fire maybe but I don't have the ancient version of these, only the 2 strafe xbows.

Now if I was another class, like say WD, that'd be a different story, but the set just doesn't work well with some classes.

What I really like about this patch is I'm about done with the season journey, and I've done 4 bounty runs total and didn't have to farm RoRG. That's such a nice change. I mean some classes still use RoRG, but it's great that it isn't necessary anymore. Although I'm probably going to end up farming one so I can do my wizard set dungeons since I got all 5pc sets.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

http://i.imgur.com/tTm2L3i.jpg[img]

I hate to say it but I think I'm gonna cube it and set it as my kanai power. I want to keep my Firebird's source for the 6-pc bonus, but with this as my kanai power I can have a free constant Fire Blizzard everywhere I point my laser beams at!!![/QUOTE]

This is probably too late but you really should not cube that, save it and wait to find a non-ancient. You're gonna kick yourself as soon as you want to try another build and don't have that ready. Never salvage wearable ancients man.

Ayumi

This is probably too late but you really should not cube that, save it and wait to find a non-ancient. You're gonna kick yourself as soon as you want to try another build and don't have that ready. Never salvage wearable ancients man.

Wait, you can't uncube things? But you can rotate, right? If you put it in the cube/have it in your cube item list?

Wait, you can't uncube things? But you can rotate, right? If you put it in the cube/have it in your cube item list?

Hmm no that's not how the cube works, and it tells you that when you cube it. It destroys the item and gives you the legendary affix in your cube list. In general if you get a good ancient version of a legendary and you don't have a spare yet, it's better to keep it than cube it, unless you technically can't use it at all(for example if you're a DH and get an ancient dawn, it's better to cube since only Natalya can really make use of it as a weapon, every other sets requires different weapons).

If you're using Firebird for example, you'd probably better off farming a Ring of Royal Grandeur from bounties in act1 so you can use the offhand directly which will boost your damage a good bit since it's ancient, while having the 6pc bonus from 5pc+ring.

You kinda want to keep it because if/when you change to a Delserre build, you could make pretty good use of it since it seems to have good rolls.

Top Bottom