• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Dreavus

Got a Halo of Arlyse last night on my Wizard. The effect is very powerful. Honestly just the armor increase stacks would have been enough but the free frost novas are just icing.

Addnan

Got a Halo of Arlyse last night on my Wizard. The effect is very powerful. Honestly just the armor increase stacks would have been enough but the free frost novas are just icing.
With apds it's so good. You just stand in the middle of mobs and are immortal.

eek5

I thought mobs get more cc resistant?

Nothing lives long enough for that to become a problem :D

Raises hand

Heres the deal, it's really going to matter what kind of equipment you have on hand. If you don't have an ancient weapon it's going to be pretty hard. I missed one rift by 12 seconds because I had a 2k dps weapon. So first get the ancient weapon then build around that IMO. If you have deathwish go channeling w/ channeling shoulder, cheaper AP belt, etc.

The main core of it is halo ring, double unity (mandatory imo), aquila cuirass, CoE. That should give you enough toughness to handle it.

icing on the cake stuff is hellfire or immunity amulet. illusory boots are a good choice for feet since you can group better and won't get stuck behind a couple enemies. I used ice climbers which helped me maintain DPS while inside frozen pack. A3 boots are good too. Pox pants probably best pants you can use (some free extra dps).

Shouta

The Legacy of Nightmare Ring set is SUPER powerful and is easily the best addition this season. Assuming it was added this season anyway.

It basically lets you be much more free form with builds and still be very effective because it boosts the damage of abilities that may not get a spot on the armor sets for each class.

I made a haphazard Blessed shield build with a bunch of ancients I had and was melting mobs on GR53 no problem. I'm excited how much powerful I can make it with the right legendaries.

I'm probably not going back to Thorns and Invoker lol

ferr

The Legacy of Nightmare Ring set is SUPER powerful and is easily the best addition this season. Assuming it was added this season anyway.

It basically lets you be much more free form with builds and still be very effective because it boosts the damage of abilities that may not get a spot on the armor sets for each class.

I made a haphazard Blessed shield build with a bunch of ancients I had and was melting mobs on GR53 no problem. I'm excited how much powerful I can make it with the right legendaries.

I'd like to try the LoN + Strafe build for DH. Just sort of lacking tons of ancients. It seems pretty powerful.

Baliis

I'm really looking forward to getting the pieces for a shield build. Need the new flail still, plus like, ancient everything lol.

Shouta

I'd like to try the LoN + Strafe build for DH. Just sort of lacking tons of ancients. It seems pretty powerful.

I bet Strafe will be pretty powerful, lol.

I'm really looking forward to getting the pieces for a shield build. Need the new flail still, plus like, ancient everything lol.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/43526959

That's what mine looks like right now. My armor accessory cube slots are meh right now but I'm gonna fix them up as soon as possible.

This build is meant for taking Elites and grunts at the same time because you can use the grunts to build your Blessed Shield damage up even more. I was getting 6000m (I guess 6 billion?) at times last night. I hit 17226m with a power pylon.

I can run with some folks tonight if anyone wants to see it in action.

RS4-

Lol, 500 DBs, no furnace, no in-geom.

2 deathwishes, 2 ancient twisted swords instead. Bunch of trash inbetween.

Terrible.

SinZega

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread and would gladly try to answer any questions about DH marauder pushing in leaderboards. I got rank 1 yesterday in season but won't be playing anymore this season since I was just looking to get the season stash tab and a good rank. I'll be going back to relaxing and playing Persona 4 and Dragon's Dogma which was put to the wayside when I saw I could get rank 1. Have fun and don't burn yourselves like I did trying to get to the top.

Firemind

Lol, 500 DBs, no furnace, no in-geom.

2 deathwishes, 2 ancient twisted swords instead. Bunch of trash inbetween.

Terrible.
Yeah I don't understand how the guy who said he can get furnace by the third time. There are like 8 legendary two-handed maces.

My favorite part of Vanilla D3 was the fucking Act II wall. This was prior to any of the difficulty nerf patches. Shit was an accomplishment making it past Ghom in act II with my monk. The tables that affected the level of the drops and their frequency were all fucked. All the weapons and armor that make getting past the act II wall all dropped in later act II or act III. Item level 63 blues were selling on the AH for tons because of this.

Baliis

My favorite part of Vanilla D3 was the fucking Act II wall. This was prior to any of the difficulty nerf patches. Shit was an accomplishment making it past Ghom in act II with my monk. The tables that affected the level of the drops and their frequency were all fucked. All the weapons and armor that make getting past the act II wall all dropped in later act II or act III. Item level 63 blues were selling on the AH for tons because of this.

Roll DH, bum act 4 checkpoint from someone, kill that stupid spirit at the start of Silver spire over and over and pray for a blue xbow, make bank

SeanR1221

So as someone who played through the story and hit max level, but never really understood rifts, what's the easiest way to get back into all this patched content?

I saw that kotaku article yesterday saying how you can do 5 bounties in the area and get an award, and how you can just enter a rift whenever now.

Any other tips?

Yup, I remember that wall. Boy it was such a huge fucking difficulty curve. It was hilariously bad.

Roll DH, bum act 4 checkpoint from someone, kill that stupid spirit at the start of Silver spire over and over and pray for a blue xbow, make bank

Yes. There was that goblin that spawned near the Road to Alcarnus that was nerfed everyone hit up as well.

Edit: I meant Ghom act III lol. Shit was an accomplishment.

Yup, I remember that wall. Boy it was such a huge fucking difficulty curve. It was hilariously bad.

Dudes were dropping like flies when they hit the act II wall.

RS4-

Yeah I don't understand how the guy who said he can get furnace by the third time. There are like 8 legendary two-handed maces.

I switched to wd, got a furnace on my second one.

Geom on the other hand: 8 gilts and other bullshit. Now I have to go back and farm white mats lol.

Edit - I wonder if that checkpoint in the prison still works. I remember there being like 2-4 white mat spots immediately where you load.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
All I remember about vanilla D3 is that those fucking wasps ARE THE WORST. I think I blocked out the rest due to the wasps being so horrible. I had a monk main and attempting to play in Act 2 was some of the least fun I have ever had. Man, that sucked.

Celegus

Yes. There was that goblin that spawned near the Road to Alcarnus that was nerfed everyone hit up as well.

Wasn't that the one right before the Desolate sands? That was one thing too mindless even for me, chest runs and looking for the solo goblin over and over.

RS4-

All about the a3 area in the tile set that looks like the barracks, there was a chest that always spawned.

I think the other was in a2, kw location where you go to some cellar.

Too bad I couldn't do those since rng did not bless me with drops to deal with the mobs in those spots at higher levels.

I think a4, you could let what's his face, kill mobs for you.

Vanilla was bullshit. A2 was brutal, a3 was boring.

Oh, and farming xp from the dudes you rescue before fighting Belial.

inky

Wasn't that the one right before the Desolate sands? That was one thing too mindless even for me, chest runs and looking for the solo goblin over and over.

There was one in that waypoint (just outside the waterways) and another in the Road to Alcarnus. The RoA one was considered safer. The one in the Desolate Sands could spawn a champion at the top of the curve, then the goblin would run up and half the time you would be caught by surprise, while the one in Alcarnus could be trapped in the the little hallway there.

Dreavus

I just remember the shit show that was the AH. And only having story mode to bash my head against. I think I found exactly one legendary while the AH was active and it was some garbage wand that I found while leveling.

The game has certainly come a long way. With RoS and the recent updates it's like a completely different game.

I had a monk at the time. Most people exploiting these were DH's. So I wasn't doing them either. Just plugging away at making small coin on the AH and hoping to buy that upgrade. It got me past act II and Ghom in act III. Then the difficulty nerf came. I was happy to have made it as far as I did. Shit ... monk were so poor at single mob damage I couldn't get gobs down for the longest time anyway lol.

There was one in that waypoint and another in the Road to Alcarnus. The RoA one was considered safer. The one in the Desolate Sands could spawn a champion at the top of the curve, then the goblin would run up and half the time you would be caught by surprise, while the one in Alcarnus could be trapped in the the little hallway there.

Yup.

inky

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread and would gladly try to answer any questions about DH marauder pushing in leaderboards. I got rank 1 yesterday in season but won't be playing anymore this season since I was just looking to get the season stash tab and a good rank. I'll be going back to relaxing and playing Persona 4 and Dragon's Dogma which was put to the wayside when I saw I could get rank 1. Have fun and don't burn yourselves like I did trying to get to the top.

Damn, I just saw your profile. Well done.

I might try DH next.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nothing lives long enough for that to become a problem :D

Heres the deal, it's really going to matter what kind of equipment you have on hand. If you don't have an ancient weapon it's going to be pretty hard. I missed one rift by 12 seconds because I had a 2k dps weapon. So first get the ancient weapon then build around that IMO. If you have deathwish go channeling w/ channeling shoulder, cheaper AP belt, etc.

The main core of it is halo ring, double unity (mandatory imo), aquila cuirass, CoE. That should give you enough toughness to handle it.

icing on the cake stuff is hellfire or immunity amulet. illusory boots are a good choice for feet since you can group better and won't get stuck behind a couple enemies. I used ice climbers which helped me maintain DPS while inside frozen pack. A3 boots are good too. Pox pants probably best pants you can use (some free extra dps).

Unity is far from mandatory for wizard now, let alone for something as low as gr45. Halo, parthans, and aquila can carry you easily past that.

eek5

Unity is far from mandatory for wizard now, let alone for something as low as gr45. Halo, parthans, and aquila can carry you easily past that.

Depends how much dps you have. Without it you have to spec more defensively which means you lose damage. It also depends how many runs you want to do. If you spec w/ an ancient weapon and go fully offensive with double unity it'll take one run. If you go defensive spec with less dps you're going to have to fish a bit.

Keep in mind you don't have a set bonus to give you that 50%+ damage reduction either. Also, what ring are you going to run instead of unity? It's not like you can wear any set rings. CoE/SoJ/Unity are more or less your best options.

inky

Been trying all day to get a Unity but I just can't ;_; Haven't got a Compass Rose either. The saddest part is when I don't even get a single legendary per 1k shards, lol. Kadala pls.

I also could probably become an NPC in this game and specialize in Manald Heal rings. Got about 20 of them so far.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Unbiased opinions of the patch please, is there anything to relight the spark? I've put 100s of hours into the game but it hasn't been able to keep me interested for awhile now. I'm starting to fear only an expansion will truly peak my interest again.

Dunfisch

Trying out a variety of Monk builds. U6 still works, though I feel it won't keep up well. Inna Minion is sorta eh, there's these moments when it all just fits together and stuff dies right quick, but then it happens you get mobs which move a lot and it falls apart, since the Mystic Allies just keep running after them.

I tried 6PC Inna 2PC Raiment, but I only got 1 Shenlong fist and at a sub-2K damage roll, terrible. What I saw of it when testing with my ancient U6 fists looked promising, if a little squishy. Couldn't handle TX, much less higher Grifts. I'll have to get the Shenlong set complete in a decent state and check preferred stats for the whole thing.

It did melt a 12 billion HP Rift Guardian right quick, and that with poorly optimized gear. 2 Ancient Shenlong fists? Yeah, I can see it.

th3dude

Unbiased opinions of the patch please, is there anything to relight the spark? I've put 100s of hours into the game but it hasn't been able to keep me interested for awhile now. I'm starting to fear only an expansion will truly peak my interest again.

I haven't played since like season 2.

I'm finding so many quality of life improvements, new features, new areas, etc. that it is keeping me very satisfied so far (paragon 220).

What I've noticed since I last played (these may have been present but I did not take advantage of them if they were):

• Improvements to how rift/greater rift keys work. Much simpler.
  • Addition of the cosmetic 'library'
  • Cosmetic pets run around you and pick up gold. So good.
  • Kanai's cube is awesome now that I understand it.
  • Hellfire Rings/Amulets are very easy to obtain now.
  • Improved difficulty system (T10)
  • Feels like more viable builds (Hello Thorns Crusader!)
  • Seasonal challenges/rewards are pretty cool.
  • Ancient items weren't really a thing last I played.
  • Tons of bug fixes and UI tweaks that are all great.

Raises hand

What is this build you speak of?

I attempted to take a screenshot but the sides were cut off so I don't have a screen of the items. It's a build that relies on Sigil Source to cast all your spenders for you and a ton of Disintegrate cost reduction. But, Items:

- Head - Whatever your best hat is. If you have a hat rolled with fire, wear it.
- Shoulder - Channeling shoulder
- Knees - Pox Faulds (or just your best pants)
- Toes - Ice Climbers / Nilfur's (the meteor boots). Illusion boots would probably be good here for getting past packs but your call.
- Neck - Anything with fire damage and good rolls. I just used some random neck with good afixes and a socket. Hellfire ammy would be good here.
- Glove - Magefist if you have one. Otherwise, w/e.
- Belt - the Disintegrate cost reduction belt
- Chest - Cindercoat
- Rings - Unity + Convention of Elements
- Bracer - Strongarm? I think I used a Fire rolled Nemesis to get more Elite packs on the board.
- Weapon - Slorak's Madness? Deathwish if you have one. Or just your best weapon.
- Off - Orb of Infinite Depth

- Cube: Aquila Curiass + Etched Sigil + Halo ring

- Gems - Esotheric + Stricken + Trapped (the higher leveled the better. Mine were ~55 each at the time)

skills

guYwTzJ.jpg

Basic concept here: You're reliant on cost reduction of Disintegrate to be able to cast it 100% while maintaining > 90% spender for the Curiass to stay active. Sigil ensures all of your spenders are cast regularly so you really only cast black hole and explosive blast (spamming meteor will drop your resource below the 90% threshold).

Just stand there and beam the hell out of everything. With explosive blast +Orb of Infinite Depth, nothing can kill you anyway, so keep your beam locked on and going.

Of that stuff, I really recommend securing a Cindercoat, the Heagbrash belt and a Magefist. I struggled a few times dealing enough damage until I got those. Oh also, 2x Unity rings (one on you and your follower) and a "Your follower cannot die" follower token are pretty much required.

Just as with high level GRs with normal loadouts, don't spend much time on packs with less than 12-20 whites, and try to push towards elite packs at all times.

Tarazet

I attempted to take a screenshot but the sides were cut off so I don't have a screen of the items. It's a build that relies on Sigil Source to cast all your spenders for you and a ton of Disintegrate cost reduction. But, Items:

- Head - Whatever your best hat is. If you have a hat rolled with fire, wear it.
- Toes - Ice Climbers / Nilfur's (the meteor boots). Illusion boots would probably be good here for getting past packs but your call.
- Neck - Anything with fire damage and good rolls. I just used some random neck with good afixes and a socket. Hellfire ammy would be good here.
- Chest - Cindercoat
- Bracer - Strongarm? I think I used a Fire rolled Nemesis to get more Elite packs on the board.
- Weapon - Slorak's Madness? Deathwish if you have one. Or just your best weapon.

- Gems - Esotheric + Stricken + Trapped (the higher leveled the better. Mine were ~55 each at the time)

skills

Basic concept here: You're reliant on cost reduction of Disintegrate to be able to cast it 100% while maintaining > 90% spender for the Curiass to stay active. Sigil ensures all of your spenders are cast regularly so you really only cast black hole and explosive blast (spamming meteor will drop your resource below the 90% threshold).

Just stand there and beam the hell out of everything. With explosive blast +Orb of Infinite Depth, nothing can kill you anyway, so keep your beam locked on and going.

Of that stuff, I really recommend securing a Cindercoat, the Heagbrash belt and a Magefist. I struggled a few times dealing enough damage until I got those. Oh also, 2x Unity rings (one on you and your follower) and a "Your follower cannot die" follower token are pretty much required.

Just as with high level GRs with normal loadouts, don't spend much time on packs with less than 12-20 whites, and try to push towards elite packs at all times.

I know this is a GR45 conquest build, but it is screaming out for the LoN ring set. You could make it viable without much work. I tried something similar with Hergbrash/Twisted Sword/Etched Sigil, but just didn't have enough other ancient pieces to make it work yet.

I know this is a GR45 conquest build, but it is screaming out for the LoN ring set. You could make it viable without much work. I tried something similar with Hergbrash/Twisted Sword/Etched Sigil, but just didn't have enough other ancient pieces to make it work yet.

full ancients is not much work now ? :p

Anybody on EU could PL my alt barb tonight ? I can PL a character in return
My main barb is MotE but I want a raekor one for TX farming and maybe pushing too, I don't know

eek5

- Chest - Cindercoat

skills

Sounds pretty good, I'll give this a try when I get all the pieces together. I think I should have most of it already. Thanks.

Unlocked the extra stash tab and damn did I need it. Some really annoying requirements along the way. Dunno if I'll finish the last stage of the journey, the 3rd conquest is kind of a bitch. Rest is easy enough though.

Top Bottom