• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Unlocked the extra stash tab and damn did I need it. Some really annoying requirements along the way. Dunno if I'll finish the last stage of the journey, the 3rd conquest is kind of a bitch. Rest is easy enough though.

everything's a cakewalk besides the conquests imo. And even then you have one free conquest with the 50M gold one
The 1 hour campaign one is fucking dumb, should be more time, it's much easier with some classes

Bombless

The Legacy of Nightmare Ring set is SUPER powerful and is easily the best addition this season. Assuming it was added this season anyway.

It basically lets you be much more free form with builds and still be very effective because it boosts the damage of abilities that may not get a spot on the armor sets for each class.

I made a haphazard Blessed shield build with a bunch of ancients I had and was melting mobs on GR53 no problem. I'm excited how much powerful I can make it with the right legendaries.

I'm probably not going back to Thorns and Invoker lol

It's the one reason I'm running this season. Being herder into using a specific skill due to 6p sets gets old fast. The Legacy lets you run with whatever crazy set of legs/skills you want. Experiments ahoy!

Chocobro

Making good use of Goldwrap I see.

Probably safe on HC too if you swap Storm Armor for Ice Armor + Halo. Though then you have to use another source for cold damage because Frost Nova itself doesn't actually proc Tal Rasha, right?

It does proc. In the video he demonstrates it (timestamp). It's probably because of the rune he's using; instead of freezing, you leave a mist that does DoT in the area.

EDIT: I tested, it's the rune that allows it to work.

strafer

So I just had this drop, is it worth using?

o2E70bH.png

Has anyone tried a Litany + Wailing Host build yet?

I'm curious to see what 1100% damage increase + 45% damage reduction looks like and how high it could potentially go.

I did dozens of chapter 3/4 bounties and still no Avarice Band, for fuck's sake is this the ONLY way to drop it?

What classes need Avarice?

Baliis

I'm curious to see what 1100% damage increase + 45% damage reduction looks like and how high it could potentially go.

I'm gonna be doing one on sader for sure. Did a 60 last night 3mins faster than my invoker gear on the first attempt, and I'm still missing an ancient pants, my gloves have no CD or CC, my ammy only has 51 CD, no CC and no socket, no ancient ring, and im using a non ancient dex wailing host just to get the set. Still have tons of room to improve.

You use Avarice Band for speed farming. Combines well with Boon of the Hoarder and Goldwrap.

As for LoN, it's not that much really, most sets have similar/more power, and due to how it's reliant on class legendaries for the most part, there's only a few viable ways to build with it, even for T10(due to not having F+R/Endless Walk). And you need a ton of ancients, with good rolls, including the 2 rings. It's a nice concept though and add more builds to the game regardless, so that's cool, plus they can add better legendaries now that might make good LoN builds. For example DH could really use another legendary for Sticky Bombs, so they can use the crossbow(something like increased aoe would be perfect), and that'd be a unique playstyle, without having to build an entire set around it.

I'm gonna be doing one on sader for sure. Did a 60 last night 3mins faster than my invoker gear on the first attempt, and I'm still missing an ancient pants, my gloves have no CD or CC, my ammy only has 51 CD, no CC and no socket, no ancient ring, and im using a non ancient dex wailing host just to get the set. Still have tons of room to improve.

Impressive. I look forward to seeing what that "DIY" path churns up.

I wonder how far I could go with my GR45 build if I had an extra 1100% damage on it...

I think most of that stuff was ancient. I'll have to look tho.

You use Avarice Band for speed farming. Combines well with Boon of the Hoarder and Goldwrap.
Speed farming for what class though?

eek5

Yo eek.

watch ya back homie. protect ya neck.

Damn. Congrats duder

Unlocked the extra stash tab and damn did I need it. Some really annoying requirements along the way. Dunno if I'll finish the last stage of the journey, the 3rd conquest is kind of a bitch. Rest is easy enough though.

avarice, gr45 no set are a given.

6 class sets to GR55 seems like the easiest of the remaining.. depending on what class you are. Probably what I'm going to go for. Already have tal and DMO. I think vyr should be easy as I have almost a full ancient set for it and ancient chantodo's. firebirds idk.. probably need ancient deathwish which I don't have but it might be doable if i do the elite glitch at the beginning of the grift lol

using both in-geom and over 50% CDR

it's poop

Eh, it's fine. I have no CDR (not even using the 20% passive) and I've been running 3-4 min GR57's and 3min TX with sage no problem. I was farming TX w/ only a 2100 dps WoW and only 1 ancient armor piece too. The gear requirements are crazy low for it

full ancients is not much work now ? :p

Anybody on EU could PL my alt barb tonight ? I can PL a character in return
My main barb is MotE but I want a raekor one for TX farming and maybe pushing too, I don't know

reposting
shugga #2416 if you're up for it, I'm on now 'til late tonight

edit :found

eek5

How does PL work now? Rank Ease to 25 and roll a socket item to level 1 requirement?

L70 player makes T6 game. Rift while low level guy sits at entrance of each floor (xp gains is zone-wide). TP to L70 player each floor change and RG loot. ezpz

Alternatively level up 12 level 25 gem of eases and remove level requirement on a full set and self-level lol

Even better if you can get 3 noobs and the carry can handle T6 with 4 players since the 3 guys will get the party buff and make it a bit faster.

Syntsui

DH with 6p UE speed build. It doesn't ''need'' but it makes things quite better.

Shouta

I take it you missed me raving about it the last two days. Blessed Shield crusader builds as your main attack is now viable!

Speed farming for what class though?

DH and Wizard mostly, don't know about others. Avarice Band isn't really necessary though, it's just QoL because it lets you pick up all the gold(instead of some of it with the cosmetic pet) and picksup progress orbs and stuff too without running around. Sadly still need to stop for death breaths but eh.

Syntsui

DH and Wizard mostly, don't know about others. Avarice Band isn't really necessary though, it's just QoL because it lets you pick up all the gold(instead of some of it with the cosmetic pet) and picksup progress orbs and stuff too without running around. Sadly still need to stop for death breaths but eh.

FUCK. This is the biggest time killer of rifts.

using both in-geom and over 50% CDR

it's poop

IDK maybe you're playing it wrong? Starts a little slow but once you kill the first elite pack you can blaze through everything else with nigh infinite toughness and ridiculous movement speed. Do you not have a Wand of Woh?

Most TX Rifts are less than 3 minutes, probably nothing over 4.

V-Faction

I take it you missed me raving about it the last two days. Blessed Shield crusader builds as your main attack is now viable!

Yeah, actually, your post got me to try put together a LoN Blessed Shield build last night. And my god, it's incredibly satisfying. My defense is poop but the damage!

'Course, it's incomplete without the Flail for free Captain America throws but I've got all the other parts.

Oh the second ring is Avarice Band. this build is cool to look at but I think i'll stick to my speed clearing build. I can clear just as fast without any of these In-Geom restrictions. It's basically this:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70467-spectracular-tx-farm-700-death-breath-80l-h-video

with some modifications.

It is possible to die with my build where it is largely impossible with this Firebird + goldwrap build, but on the flip side you don't have to keep a bunch of highly specialized gear in your limited inventory space. Not only can I clear TX in well under 3 minutes, but I solo'd T60 with it and could have gone a little higher. And none of the gear involved is useless outside of that build. This Firebird build seems limited to Rifting only where I can take my build for TX split bounty farming, fast gem leveling, regular rift runs...and I can probably do the "all 5 acts under 1 hour" Conquest with it too.

Speaking of which, I really hate how Blizzard has created and kept stash space limited. I don't give a fuck about their excuses. Path of Exile has no such problems and as a result, people are free to keep their highly specialized gear and not have to shard things for space that may turn out to be amazing or useful one day. I'd like to gear up for a build like this for a fun change of pace, but my inventory space makes it largely impossible even with just one character, never mind 2+ toons. And their "one tab per season" just feels like bullshit. People have been begging for more space for literally 3 years going on 4. Just give the people the space, Blizzard.

RS4-

And loadouts. Why the fuck do I either have to make another char for a particular build or have my friends wait while I respec and change equipment when I'm doing GRs or fast farming.

re: the talrasha build, I gotta fix my stuff. I can probably do tx in 5 but that isn't cutting it. Then again, I did fuck up by binning a fragment. I currently only have one WoH, so I've been using Aether Walkers instead. And still no in-geom. I'll probably try WoH out and see if I'm better off not just tp'ing on top of mobs and blowing them up.

eek5

Oh the second ring is Avarice Band. this build is cool to look at but I think i'll stick to my speed clearing build. I can clear just as fast without any of these In-Geom restrictions. It's basically this:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70467-spectracular-tx-farm-700-death-breath-80l-h-video

with some modifications.

It is possible to die with my build where it is largely impossible with this Firebird + goldwrap build, but on the flip side you don't have to keep a bunch of highly specialized gear in your limited inventory space. Not only can I clear TX in well under 3 minutes, but I solo'd T60 with it and could have gone a little higher. And none of the gear involved is useless outside of that build. This Firebird build seems limited to Rifting only where I can take my build for TX split bounty farming, fast gem leveling, regular rift runs...and I can probably do the "all 5 acts under 1 hour" Conquest with it too.

Speaking of which, I really hate how Blizzard has created and kept stash space limited. I don't give a fuck about their excuses. Path of Exile has no such problems and as a result, people are free to keep their highly specialized gear and not have to shard things for space that may turn out to be amazing or useful one day. I'd like to gear up for a build like this for a fun change of pace, but my inventory space makes it largely impossible even with just one character, never mind 2+ toons. And their "one tab per season" just feels like bullshit. People have been begging for more space for literally 3 years going on 4. Just give the people the space, Blizzard.
That looks chill. I'll try it out. Also what' sup with diablofans? Their shit is all messed up. Shows unstable spectre or whatever as weapon and none of the hovers work

th3dude

Invoker crusader is just insane just a breeze through Greater Rift 65 yesterday.

Also here is a link to my profile.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nokterian-2469/hero/69443247

Very nice. I'm getting close to that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/th3dude-1399/hero/44307570

Profile hasn't updated today, but I finally got a Heart of Iron cubed yesterday. Still missing:

- Blood Brother
- Convention of Elements
- Compass Rose

I'm doing GR40 in about 6 minutes right now. Using that to level up gems.

Baliis

Very nice. I'm getting close to that.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/th3dude-1399/hero/44307570

Profile hasn't updated today, but I finally got a Heart of Iron cubed yesterday. Still missing:

- Blood Brother
- Convention of Elements
- Compass Rose

I'm doing GR40 in about 6 minutes right now. Using that to level up gems.

Missing a compass rose for my build too which would be another big bump, but I really like the playstle of shields and I can't wait to try some other builds with LoN

keffri

Is anyone playing seasonal hardcore? I just got my Crusader to 70 and I'm around paragon level 30 right now. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

th3dude

Missing a compass rose for my build too which would be another big bump, but I really like the playstle of shields and I can't wait to try some other builds with LoN

Shields was my go-to when Crusader was first introduced. Looks like it can still be decent. I'm really enjoying the thorns playstyle so far, very different.

Is anyone playing seasonal hardcore? I just got my Crusader to 70 and I'm around paragon level 30 right now. If anyone wants to play hit me up.

I'm way too afraid to play hardcore.

joesmokey

I forgot how tedious it was to climb the GR ladder. Tried to make my climb to GR70 last night after starting from GR61. However, with little to no elites populated in the maps, I was only able to finish each one at the ~10min mark, meaning only the next GR level unlocked. After finishing GR65 at ~10min again, I finally gave up.

The new builds add some nice diversity this season, but the grind is still the same this patch. I'll play again when there's new stuff to do (and no, not the set dungeons).

Baliis

I might start leveling a wiz this weekend in HC but I still haven't decided what class I wanna do.

Was doing some bounties this morning and was about to log off to get ready for work, but in a moment of questionable judgement I decided to keep going for 1 more act. In the next bounty, I came across my first bandit shrine (spawns 10-15 goblins) and one of them opened a portal to The Vault. And I was only a couple mins late to work. Score!

Top Bottom