• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Was doing some bounties this morning and was about to log off to get ready for work, but in a moment of questionable judgement I decided to keep going for 1 more act. In the next bounty, I came across my first bandit shrine (spawns 10-15 goblins) and one of them opened a portal to The Vault. And I was only a couple mins late to work. Score!

Nice! The RNG Gods looked favorably upon you this morning.

Baliis

I have cleared GR20 and started to farm rifts at torment 6. Usually I die once per run.

My hero http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Azusa-1343/hero/72135733 its up to date.

What to do next? I'm sightly lost.

Finish getting the rest of the items you need mostly. Akarats awakening for the shield, need an Aquila chest, get your thorns gem from GRs and start leveling it (do this asap. It's massive), get a CoE, get compass rose/travelers pledge, get your cube and start cubing the powers you need, get belt of the trove, etc. Lots to do still

neoism

My favorite part of Vanilla D3 was the fucking Act II wall. This was prior to any of the difficulty nerf patches. Shit was an accomplishment making it past Ghom in act II with my monk. The tables that affected the level of the drops and their frequency were all fucked. All the weapons and armor that make getting past the act II wall all dropped in later act II or act III. Item level 63 blues were selling on the AH for tons because of this.

ahha yea ive got probably like 1200 hours in d3 since launch and still over 75% of my time played is even before P levels was patched in ... I was stuck on Act 1 for 4 months but I still played everyday tryin for good items... I legit got excited from a great yellow item and my heart died when a leg dropped which was very fucking rarely. The game felt sooo much more bigger then for some reason like on MMO or something... I never made any money really, probably like 10 bucks or something but I did love the AH... I did get a god tier ring once and it was worth 2 bezzz but I fucked up an sold it for 400m instead.. good times. still other than the first 3 months of RoS still love launch D3 in a way.. its my first Diablo game I only played D2 for barely 20 hours, but I knew I'd lovve D3 after seeing the first reveal video.

ahha yea ive got probably like 1200 hours in d3 since launch and still over 75% of my time played is even before P levels was patched in ... I was stuck on Act 1 for 4 months but I still played everyday tryin for good items... I legit got excited from a great yellow item and my heart died when a leg dropped which was very fucking rarely. The game felt sooo much more bigger then for some reason like on MMO or something... I never made any money really, probably like 10 bucks or something but I did love the AH... I did get a god tier ring once and it was worth 2 bezzz but I fucked up an sold it for 400m instead.. good times. still other than the first 3 months of RoS still love launch D3 in a way.. its my first Diablo game I only played D2 for barely 20 hours, but I knew I'd lovve D3 after seeing the first reveal video.

there were no good times to be had in vanilla D3 after reaching T Act 2. Only depression, sadness and PTSD.

Real shit: I still get anxiety to this day when I go to Act 2 for any reason. I don't really even think people can understand how much the bad design of that act at that level affected me. I don't think anything in gaming gave me more anxiety then trying to walk through those waterways, trying to deal with the invis dudes with the tridents in the waterways and the Oasis, and finally trying to cut through Belial himself without any way to get anything but blues and yellows. Actively losing money because taking armor damage was actively causing you to lose more money than you could make, by design.

In all the hours I played running all the way up to max level and Torment and until I finally gave up and quit playing the game in Act 2, I got exactly 1 legendary drop. One was a shit low-level wand and I got it while farming Torment under Leoric's Manner. The memories are fresh and when I say I get anxiety going to Act 2, I'm not exaggerating. When split bounty farming, I tend to actively avoid Act 2 because of those bad memories. I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with a game as I was with Diablo 3 at that point in time and I won't allow myself to be that frustrated or stressed ever again. Fuck Act 2. If they deleted the entire act from the game, I'd feel better about the whole game and I mean that.

bounty : kill queen araneae

1453418206-1404922390268.gif

fuck this boss
and fuck uber maghda
and fuck uber diablo
such fucking wastes of time holy shit

Tarazet

How do folks feel about Vyr as a speedrun build? I know it is a patch or two behind but with the infinite teleporting there's got to be some kind of potential there.

joesmokey

How do folks feel about Vyr as a speedrun build? I know it is a patch or two behind but with the infinite teleporting there's got to be some kind of potential there.
Vyr's is a nightmare to manage the buff stacks for a speedrun. I don't see how it could compete with the DMO meta build right now.

Nokterian

bounty : kill queen araneae

1453418206-1404922390268.gif

fuck this boss
and fuck uber maghda
and fuck uber diablo
such fucking wastes of time holy shit

Hahaha well at this point there so easy to kill i laugh at it.

Also finally did 2 conquests i got my extra stash tab soo happy with it.

Vyr's is a nightmare to manage the buff stacks for a speedrun. I don't see how it could compete with the DMO meta build right now.

Yeah going DMO build anyway going to stay away from Vyr in 2.3 it made me tired of playing it.

joesmokey

Has anyone tried an old school Mirrorball conflag build with the new Legacy of Nightmares set? Andariel's, Cindercoat, Magefist, etc.

Doesn't have aoe damage but I wonder if it would be fun to go back to.

Baliis

Has anyone tried an old school Mirrorball conflag build with the new Legacy of Nightmares set? Andariel's, Cindercoat, Magefist, etc.

Doesn't have aoe damage but I wonder if it would be fun to go back to.

With a 3 stack cap on MM I cant imagine its very good

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, that Firebird's set dungeon is rather hard. I think a bit of tailoring gear is gonna be required to even have a chance at completing it, mainly that amulet that negates cold damage, can't remember the name.

Guess I'll have to put Chapter 4 of the season journey off for a bit...

Ayumi

Finally got some better items so I could ditch most of my Firebird's.

Tried a new build (not really a build per say, just some changes) and I feel like I went from zero to hero.

My old ladder record for Wiz was 36-37 or so, back when that was like.. Top 1000 on the first ladder ever. I don't really remember. But I was doing well, and I'm really hoping to get lucky soon so I can get a better weapon and that shiny purple orb.

Weird thinking how much the game has changed since I last played, but that's why I'm back - the changes were so awesome. Just when I thought the game was at its end of creativity and fun.

I think all maps can look good when they don't have that stupid color filtering haze over the map. That green non screen filtered color cave with the grass and all looks great because of it.

GR 70 done. I don't think I could do 71 without a power pylon and/or more ancients though. Possibly using that upgrade ancient recipe as well, but that's super grindy.

GR 70 done. I don't think I could do 71 without a power pylon and/or more ancients though. Possibly using that upgrade ancient recipe as well, but that's super grindy.

I get the chills just thinking about that upgrade ancient recipe. I have many things that I should upgrade, but I'm always giving up at the last moment.

So uhhh did the mouse always look like this? When I started it a day ago it started appearing like this-took a picture with my phone since prt scr removes the cursor-

No, it was added recently because there were complaints that people would lose track of their position of mouse cursor.

Bonethug

Crazy upgrade night.
Which weapon should I use with invokers? Currently do not have a Gift, or I think the answer is definitely roll the dmg off the Pig Sticker for 7% Attack Speed.
Until I get a Gift is the Doombringer > Barber?

Bit the bullet and got the PC version. My friend helped me get to 70 and I got a better ancient glove roll for my new crusader (via season gifts) than what I spent thousands of shards trying to get on my PS4.

Goddamnit, I'm a hypocrite.

Xanathus

Crazy upgrade night.
Which weapon should I use with invokers? Currently do not have a Gift, or I think the answer is definitely roll the dmg off the Pig Sticker for 7% Attack Speed.
Until I get a Gift is the Doombringer > Barber?

Use Pig Sticker with Invokers. Use Doombringer with LoN.

TheYanger

fuck my life is anyone playing hardcore and feeling nice enough to let me tag along for some T6 rifts and leech xp? I'll pl you as many softcore dudes as you want :( Last thing I need for Guardian but 'safely' levelling by myself sounds like garbage right now.

TheYanger

I want a stash tab, but I don't want to do any of the conquests =/

45 with no set is rather easy, and the 50 mil streak is just a matter of wearing a goldskin and maxxing your paragon gold find and killing a gilded baron.

Edit: wow. I forgot I just posted. sorry for the double

Tarazet

Don't know about Vyr, but Taeguk is enough of a pain for me to not care in lower GRifts. I do keep the stacks in higher ones though.

I gave up on Taeguk, takes too long to build it up and it's too easy for it to drop if you get lag, takes too long to zone, or you just derp out for a split second. Running with an Esoteric Alteration instead.

I gave up on Taeguk, takes too long to build it up and it's too easy for it to drop if you get lag, takes too long to zone, or you just derp out for a split second. Running with an Esoteric Alteration instead.

I would give up if I had enough dps, but I need every single bit.

---

I'd like an invite for the clan too, id is RyosukeTH#1193

Nokterian

Oh :X Is there a way to go back to the old mouse? This one just looks......out of place. Glad I'm not going crazy, though.

No? Why would you go back i am happy with this i can see what i am doing when fighting a bunch of mobs and elites the oversight was gone with the last cursor and i hated it.

Nice! Grats dude. I think I stopped at 67 when it gave me the Rakinoth rift guardian three times in a row. I've never understood people who have raged and broken belongings in the past. If I see that one-shot asshole in a progression rift again I might.

Just snagged a deal on a ROG swift to play D3 on this weekend. No more 60hz for me.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

GR 71, have power for the boss and it's Voracity (Ghom). AKA can't stand in shit, like ever. And I'm melee wizard. G fucking G. Woulda had that with a decent boss :(

Have bad news for You. This game really doesnt like full-screen mode.
I'm on G-sync and still play in borderless due to stutter.
What do you mean ? I play it at 144 FPS no problem
My only issue is you have to minimize the game if you want to use a second screen, which is pretty annoying

KKRT00

What do you mean ? I play it at 144 FPS no problem
My only issue is you have to minimize the game if you want to use a second screen, which is pretty annoying

You mean in 144hz with constant drops to 50? :>
And in fullscreen there is additional stutter that is not absent in windowmode for me.

Top Bottom