• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

TheYanger

Found a kind powerlevelling soul. We in there boys
qID43ut.png

how is software auto picking up death's breaths and shit not bannable geez
get your shit together blizzard
gabynator is even still playing and topping paragon level charts after getting supposedly perm banned

what a joke

ferr

I've been increasing GRs lately (mostly out of being comfortable at lower GRs) and I swear by the time you get to GR50 all the cool stuff drops. Did a GR49 last night and got a nice Witching Hour and a fairly GG ancient wraps of clarity,

KPzUQRY.png

Motoko

Hey guys, do you have an answer about I can't find anyone on the eu seasonal servers?

Moments ago there were 5 people. O_O

mileS

I've been gearing my my Wiz on the side with bloodshards. Was trying to see what was the fastest way for me to farm them. Turns out 2-4min gr 50's is the way to go. Running IK/Raekor on my barb. I get 1100 bloodshards every 10-12min. Crazy how far we've come.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hey guys, do you have an answer about I can't find anyone on the eu seasonal servers?

Moments ago there were 5 people. O_O

Are you sure you're set to adventure mode instead of classic/campaign?

h3ro

I've been increasing GRs lately (mostly out of being comfortable at lower GRs) and I swear by the time you get to GR50 all the cool stuff drops. Did a GR49 last night and got a nice Witching Hour and a fairly GG ancient wraps of clarity,

KPzUQRY.png

That 30% roll is rough but other than that, pretty solid.

mercviper

Nice. I did a 59 last night with 5 minutes to spare, I think the 60s today with my Monk is a possibility.

Still no Unity tho. ;_;

Yeah man me neither. Zero unities and zero litanies. No ancient shenlongs either. T_T

I'm about ready to swap out R2 for the cyclone shoulders to keep progressing since I'm just taking too much damage.

mileS

I need a good written or video guide on Crusader builds. The ones on diablofans are very basic and don't go into enough detail for my liking. All the toutube videos I've seen are out of date and before the big nerf on ptr.

th3dude

I need a good written or video guide on Crusader builds. The ones on diablofans are very basic and don't go into enough detail for my liking. All the toutube videos I've seen are out of date and before the big nerf on ptr.

Best compilation I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/413d2s/deadsets_guide_to_24_detailed_class_guides/

Invoker guide I've been using from that post: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-endgame-thorns-build-with-the-invoker-set-patch-2-4

I think the format of IcyVeins is way better than diablofans.

Hope that helps.

How tanky is the Invoker set, specifically for Crusaders?

Thinking of changing my hardcore build or creating a second Crusader to use Invoker for GRs.

Tanky as fuck IMO, I was doing GR70 without dying with no problems on my PS4, mostly ancient Invoker set. Steed charged to an elite pack and let them mob me to gain the Invoker 2 set bonus, while my old Hammerdin was fragile as wet toilet paper.

Now that I'm playing the PC version I'm back to pushing GRifts and while my dps isn't all that the damage is manageable even with shitty gear.

don't tell me all items from a cache have the same odds of dropping cause I won't believe you
did a dozen act 1 bounty bags, no rorg so far
fuck this shit

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
don't tell me all items from a cache have the same odds of dropping cause I won't believe you
did a dozen act 1 bounty bags, no rorg so far
fuck this shit

80% chance to get something other than RoRG x 12 attempts will still come up with no RoRG for 6.8% of the people who try it. (still sucks)

If it fails for another 9 times you are now the 1%

mercviper

Do you have any advice for monk gear please?

What type of advice are you looking for?

TX? GR pushing? Any specific build?

If you're trying to put T6-TX on farm I'd focus on working with whichever 6pc set you can finish first and filling in the remainder spots to complement the skills you want to use.

As far as stat allocations go you want to try and get dex, vit, and secondary resist on all your armor, CC, CHD, and Socket on jewelry, and for weapons you probably want one of LOH/CDR/LPSS after you get your damage stats, but which one you actually want will depend on the build.

Are you using chantodo's w/ swami/zodiac/furnace?

Not sure if Furnace was the cube weapon but yeah to all the other stuff.

Might skip it and try to do Firebird's instead, with the rest on alt(s).

What are the easiest builds this season? Have a 70 sader. Might make a Barb?

Freeman76

What type of advice are you looking for?

TX? GR pushing? Any specific build?

If you're trying to put T6-TX on farm I'd focus on working with whichever 6pc set you can finish first and filling in the remainder spots to complement the skills you want to use.

As far as stat allocations go you want to try and get dex, vit, and secondary resist on all your armor, CC, CHD, and Socket on jewelry, and for weapons you probably want one of LOH/CDR/LPSS after you get your damage stats, but which one you actually want will depend on the build.

Yeah im struggling with T5 doing rifts and bounties at times too. Im not getting any gear drops i can use really. I can make 2 or 3 parts of the Devils set, is that any good? I have corrupted ashbringer as a weapon. What do those abbreviations mean that you listed? Ive played this very casually ever since PS3 release, now I have it on PS4 and its something i want to get into in a bit more depth.

Bonethug

Running into damage issues on GR65. I never die, but the last attempt took 16 minutes. It was probably because I was using a higher DPS Fragment of Destiny instead of the Unstable Scepter that's on my profile now, any other ideas?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/47867519
May just be a paragon/lack of ancient gear hurdle. I don't know if it is worth continue trying to roll your crit chance and 35% crit damage to try for perfects on non-ancient gear. Top tiers may also have INT enchanted gear.

The Unstable Scepter may also make a big difference.

joesmokey

Running into damage issues on GR65. I never die, but the last attempt took 16 minutes. It was probably because I was using a higher DPS Fragment of Destiny instead of the Unstable Scepter that's on my profile now, any other ideas?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/47867519
You need the new Endless Walk set. Doesn't matter if the rolls are bad.

Be sure you're spamming/refreshing Arcane Orb enough and Explosive Blast should be a continuous spam.

Other than that just have to be diligent about setting the enemies up inside the bubble. Playstyle wise you actually want to focus mostly on elites, not trash. This build takes down elites in seconds.

Here's my gear:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/71297376

Not a whole lot better and GR65 is easy to do on this build.

Tarazet

You need the new Endless Walk set. Doesn't matter if the rolls are bad.

Be sure you're spamming/refreshing Arcane Orb enough and Explosive Blast should be a continuous spam.

Other than that just have to be diligent about setting the enemies up inside the bubble. Playstyle wise you actually want to focus mostly on elites, not trash. This build takes down elites in seconds.

Here's my gear:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/71297376

Not a whole lot better and GR65 is easy to do on this build.

Yeah, on paper my gear is actually better.. more Int, more CHC, more CHD, more sheet damage overall so it must just be the Endless Walk set. I could switch to BoP too.

mercviper

Yeah im struggling with T5 doing rifts and bounties at times too. Im not getting any gear drops i can use really. I can make 2 or 3 parts of the Devils set, is that any good? I have corrupted ashbringer as a weapon. What do those abbreviations mean that you listed? Ive played this very casually ever since PS3 release, now I have it on PS4 and its something i want to get into in a bit more depth.

Oh okay. In that case, the only thing you really want from bounties is a Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act 1. Past that you don't really need to do bounties unless you run out of materials for cubing imo. Also, I'm speaking from a PC perspective and I don't know what differences if any are in the console version.

I'm not familiar with the Devil's set you're referring to but since you can make it I assume it's a blacksmithing recipe? The only recipe I can remember being worth anything would be Aughild's so if you want you can use that for a temporary replacement as its 2 and 3 piece bonuses are pretty legit. The Ashbringer is fine for now but eventually you'll want to get a weapon more build specific.

Anyway, what I would do is pick one of three monk sets to build (Inna's, Uliana's, SunWuko) and spend shards at Kadala until she coughs up enough armor pieces for the 6 piece bonus.

If you go Inna's you'll want to save either the boots or cubed armor slot for The Crudest Boots (boots). This will double the allies you have out increasing the 6pc bonus damage from 250% to 500%. Inna's offers the most flexible build paths since the 500% damage affects all your skills.

If you go Uliana's you're going to need Gungdo Gear (bracers) or a Madstone (spirit stone) to reliably make use of Uliana's 6 piece bonus (just 1, not both). You're also going to want to cube a Flow of Eternity (daibo) and dual wield Fist of Az'turrasq and Lion's Claw (fist weapons). The best way to get those (and any other weapon really) is to use kanai's cube recipe that upgrades a rare item to a legendary. You can spend shards at Kadala too but I'd advise against given how diluted the weapon pool is unless you really don't need anything else.

If you go SunWuko you're definitely going to want Kyoshiro's Soul (belt). It'll help you keep up Sweeping Winds while you're running around. I would run a Wave of Light build utilizing Tzo Krin's Gaze (Spirit Stone), Pinot's Pride (bracers), Kyoshiro's Blade (fist weapon) and Incense Torch of the Grand Temple (daibo). If you cube the Incense Torch, you can also wield a Vengeful Wind (fist weapon). With all that set up you play more as a ranged class since TKG allows you to case WoL at range.

There's a lot more depth to each of the builds but I think those would be good short term goals that would make T6 farmable. r/diablo3monks still has patch 2.3 builds for Inna's and Uliana's in the sidebar that should also be viable in 2.4

18th time's the charm
fuck bounties yo

Yeah I had the same crap when I tried to farm a ring for my wizard so I could get the easy set dungeon conquest, took almost 2hours of farming T10 act1 in like 5mins clears to get the ring. And obviously once it dropped, I got 2 of them in the cache, as a kind way to say "haha fuck you". Wouldn't have had to farm one if I wasn't doing set dungeons on another char though.

And agree on the hardcore 70 step for the season journey, it's really pointless. It's not hard or challenging in anyway, it's just tedious, since there's literally no risk of dying in hard if you get items with vitality and a cheat death proc in case you lose your connection. Can always get someone to powerlevel you but it's annoying having to look for bored HC players to plvl people who won't even play the chars. I got plvled this season, I did it the normal way last season, and it sucked both times. If it was removed, nothing of value would be lost.

Top Bottom