• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

RS4-

So, am I fucking up by using shards on my level 1 WD jsut to get an in-geom?

Instead, I should've been using the WD to upgrade rares in the cube?

So, am I fucking up by using shards on my level 1 WD jsut to get an in-geom?
You're fucking up, yes.

Yes, upgrade rares.

Also, I really need a Furnace. Only problem? I've never had a Furnace drop for me in 1,000 hours of play. I wonder if upgrading rares to get one is realistic.

RS4-

Oh well I know that buying weapons is just a bad idea in general. I just didn't really want to get anything else aside from the geom haha.

You're fucking up, yes.

Yes, upgrade rares.

Also, I really need a Furnace. Only problem? I've never had a Furnace drop for me in 1,000 hours of play. I wonder if upgrading rares to get one is realistic.

I got mine this season by upgrading rares with WD. RNG and all.

And well, farming shards is much faster than picking up these damn mats. There was a point where I had more DBs than yellows and blues.

Lain

No? Why would you go back i am happy with this i can see what i am doing when fighting a bunch of mobs and elites the oversight was gone with the last cursor and i hated it.

Because that pointer looks bad? I mean sure, a bigger pointer is nice, but it's still ugly. I'd prefer to switch to something a bit more refined if there was the possibility, personally.

got the gr45 solo no set, what a pain in the ass
now to do the 1 hour speedrun, should be easy with the speed raekor barb build I hope, and then I gotta hit gr70 which should be easy when I get the ancient blade of the tribes

I got mine this season by upgrading rares with WD. RNG and all.

And well, farming shards is much faster than picking up these damn mats. There was a point where I had more DBs than yellows and blues.

problem, of course, is the sheer volume of 1h weapon types that you have to factor into your chances. daggers, axes, maces, swords, wands. What's that, like 40 possible legs? at 75 shards a pop? and low chances?

Nah bruh. Unless your gear is all near perfectly rolled ancients, there is absolutely no reason to shard for weapons. And I'm going to assume your gear isn't perfect. Trust us; get the mats if you need them and upgrade rares. It really doesn't take that long, especially if you equip the 3-piece Cain's and do some TX rift speed runs. You'll print mats.

got the gr45 solo no set, what a pain in the ass
now to do the 1 hour speedrun, should be easy with the speed raekor barb build I hope, and then I gotta hit gr70 which should be easy when I get the ancient blade of the tribes

Nah bruh. for that 1-hour speed run you need a team with you with some "runners" (Wizards/DHers) and people stationed in the right place to turn in things to save time. I've not read many accounts of people trying to do it solo.

As has been said, you're far better off doing the 50 mill conquest. All you need to do is put on a Goldskin, maybe 3 or 4 more +% gold items and find a gold goblin. That's it.

Shouta

Why Hack?

Guides say that pig sticker is better for attack speed + number of stats it rolls.

It deals up to 100% of your Thorns per attack if you get a good roll. So after buffs it's a pretty significant amount per thwack.

Not sure how well it stacks vs a pig sticker but that Hack effect helped me a ton before I switched over to LoN Blessed Shield as my main Crusader Build.

Dunfisch

60 Solo Grift done! Couldn't make it in under 10 minutes with the ones before, so I worked my way from 57 Grift by Grift. 59 went well, first 60 I got shafted, bad mobs and I might have managed it still, but I got Stonesinger and he just Nope'd on me.

2nd Grift, it was somewhat better and I got Blighter, in a corner - that was much more manageable.

Now I need to level my main gems to 55, maybe a 6-7 60+ Grifts in Groups, depending on how lucky I get with Urshi.

Then I'll have to try to get that 45 Grift with no Sets done and Season Journey will be mine. Tomorrow!

problem, of course, is the sheer volume of 1h weapon types that you have to factor into your chances. daggers, axes, maces, swords, wands. What's that, like 40 possible legs? at 75 shards a pop? and low chances?

Nah bruh. Unless your gear is all near perfectly rolled ancients, there is absolutely no reason to shard for weapons. And I'm going to assume your gear isn't perfect. Trust us; get the mats if you need them and upgrade rares. It really doesn't take that long, especially if you equip the 3-piece Cain's and do some TX rift speed runs. You'll print mats.

Nah bruh. for that 1-hour speed run you need a team with you with some "runners" (Wizards/DHers) and people stationed in the right place to turn in things to save time. I've not read many accounts of people trying to do it solo.

As has been said, you're far better off doing the 50 mill conquest. All you need to do is put on a Goldskin, maybe 3 or 4 more +% gold items and find a gold goblin. That's it.

I already got this one, I want 3 for the journey but this shit is impossible solo, I could barely make it to act 5 in one hour, and it's the longest to finish, so fuck that
The other two conquests are fucking trash... blizzard why you gotta do this

I already got this one, I want 3 for the journey but this shit is impossible solo, I could barely make it to act 5 in one hour, and it's the longest to finish, so fuck that
The other two conquests are fucking trash... blizzard why you gotta do this

Just hit me up. I'm down for a speed run with my Aether Walker swagger. We'd need a DH and I can send you a summary guide for where people need to be in the acts to turn things in efficiently. It'll be tight even if we did everything right, tbqh.

eek5

71 Down.

Edit:

Bam. Bite me eek.

O40fs57.jpg

ahem

edit:
just for good measure

:D

MrDaravon

ahem

edit:
just for good measure

:D

s h o t s f i r e d

I just looked and I have the highest GR clear for DH in the clan (66 or 67 I think?), but I'm 99% sure that's just from no one bothering to push, especially since we have a DH at over 900 paragon lol. I'm at like the mid-30s in the clan paragon level-wise, and I still don't have ancient weapons for either Maras or UE, still holding out for one of those before trying to make serious pushing attempts.

I really need to sit down and just finally do the Shadow Set dungeon or something, I'm still stuck on that Season Journey where you need to Master a set dungeon. The Maras dungeon is super fucked, although I should actually look up the UE one and see how that goes. I really wish you could see what steps you've already completed of later journeys you haven't gotten to yet.

Tarazet

in general buying weapons at kadala is fucking up yeah hah

Offhands are a pretty safe thing to gamble for if you are playing most classes, other than Monk and Barbarian. They're the cheapest item that can really give you a substantial boost when you get a great one. That, and there are often multiple important effects that you can interchange using the cube. Got a stunning legendary Triumvirate? Great, cube that Orb of Infinite Depth.

Syntsui

I thought reforging didn't make the weapon ancient, isn't this even highlighted? Kadala and rare upgrades are the fastest way to get ancients, aren't they?

Shouta

I thought reforging didn't make the weapon ancient, isn't this even highlighted? Kadala and rare upgrades are the fastest way to get ancients, aren't they?

Reforging can make them ancient. I had a few items that became one after I did it.

Freeman76

Oh okay. In that case, the only thing you really want from bounties is a Ring of Royal Grandeur from Act 1. Past that you don't really need to do bounties unless you run out of materials for cubing imo. Also, I'm speaking from a PC perspective and I don't know what differences if any are in the console version.

I'm not familiar with the Devil's set you're referring to but since you can make it I assume it's a blacksmithing recipe? The only recipe I can remember being worth anything would be Aughild's so if you want you can use that for a temporary replacement as its 2 and 3 piece bonuses are pretty legit. The Ashbringer is fine for now but eventually you'll want to get a weapon more build specific.

Anyway, what I would do is pick one of three monk sets to build (Inna's, Uliana's, SunWuko) and spend shards at Kadala until she coughs up enough armor pieces for the 6 piece bonus.

If you go Inna's you'll want to save either the boots or cubed armor slot for The Crudest Boots (boots). This will double the allies you have out increasing the 6pc bonus damage from 250% to 500%. Inna's offers the most flexible build paths since the 500% damage affects all your skills.

If you go Uliana's you're going to need Gungdo Gear (bracers) or a Madstone (spirit stone) to reliably make use of Uliana's 6 piece bonus (just 1, not both). You're also going to want to cube a Flow of Eternity (daibo) and dual wield Fist of Az'turrasq and Lion's Claw (fist weapons). The best way to get those (and any other weapon really) is to use kanai's cube recipe that upgrades a rare item to a legendary. You can spend shards at Kadala too but I'd advise against given how diluted the weapon pool is unless you really don't need anything else.

If you go SunWuko you're definitely going to want Kyoshiro's Soul (belt). It'll help you keep up Sweeping Winds while you're running around. I would run a Wave of Light build utilizing Tzo Krin's Gaze (Spirit Stone), Pinot's Pride (bracers), Kyoshiro's Blade (fist weapon) and Incense Torch of the Grand Temple (daibo). If you cube the Incense Torch, you can also wield a Vengeful Wind (fist weapon). With all that set up you play more as a ranged class since TKG allows you to case WoL at range.

There's a lot more depth to each of the builds but I think those would be good short term goals that would make T6 farmable. r/diablo3monks still has patch 2.3 builds for Inna's and Uliana's in the sidebar that should also be viable in 2.4

Thanks a lot, i had 2 parts of sunwokko already so i equipped those and sweeping winds, and my survivability has increased massively. Will try and get other parts now! Thank you

Celegus

raekor, MotE and IK set dungeons mastered, only got wastes to go, got any tips for it ? The rend objective seems annoying

It sure is. Ground Stomp to pull them in and stun, but really it's just a crapshoot if you can do it without getting hit or not. And do it fast.

Lain

In about 700 hours of playing, with at least 400 hours playing as Wizard, I've never seen one Wand of Woh.

This thing does not exist.

I don't remember if the first one I saw was in s2 or s3, but since then I've got a fair bit, though most have been from the cube.
What I don't see are gifts. My friend got... 13+ last season, and one of the first leg drops he got while I was powerleveling him this season? a gift.

RS4-

Finally got my fucking geom yesterday as a drop in a GR60.

Got an ancient FoD as well. As for gifts, got 5 so far.

bakeray

So I got my HC Barb to 70 and I got my free tier set for the season, I got Kanai's Cube, but I really have no idea what I should be doing. I read about set dungeons, is that what I should be working on? Or just rifting then greater rifting for better gear?

I really haven't played too much since vanilla, people keep using all this jargon and I really have no clue what to do, lol.

Also what's a good build for an "of the Earth" armor set?

mileS

Best compilation I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/413d2s/deadsets_guide_to_24_detailed_class_guides/

Invoker guide I've been using from that post: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-endgame-thorns-build-with-the-invoker-set-patch-2-4

I think the format of IcyVeins is way better than diablofans.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for this. Here I was thinking IceyVeins only did WoW stuff. I really really like the breakdown and format of this. This is going to help greatly.

So I got my HC Barb to 70 and I got my free tier set for the season, I got Kanai's Cube, but I really have no idea what I should be doing. I read about set dungeons, is that what I should be working on? Or just rifting then greater rifting for better gear?

I really haven't played too much since vanilla, people keep using all this jargon and I really have no clue what to do, lol.

Also what's a good build for an "of the Earth" armor set?

Try to do this :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shugga-2416/hero/71668721

Also if you don't know you'll get two more free pieces of your set if you do kulle on T2, and another 2 free pieces if you beat a level 20 greater rift (which is about the same as T4)

MrDaravon

Well reforging means you have to do bounties for mats, soooooo fuck that?

Yup. If they run a double bounty weekend again maaaaaaybe. At this point all I need for both of my builds are ancient pieces, and I can deal with gambling for ancient armor pieces but not having ancient weapons really sucks. Even with that said no way in fuck I'm grinding out bounties for reforging, especially at 50 souls a pop which would wind up being the bottleneck pretty quickly.

It's actually been great knowing exactly what I need to cube; after killing myself cubing virtually everything last season I don't have to bother with that anymore. I ran either 2 or 3 full sets of bounties to get enough mats to cube a handful of things and that's it. Feels pretty good lol

Dreavus

Looking for an in-geom on my Wizard; upgrading rares is the best bet for something that costs more than 25 shards at Kadala, right? I'm trying to edge toward that TX rift build, it looks absolutely ridiculous.

this goddamn 50m gold conquest bullshit.

I can only hope that I find that gold goblin dude.

That conquest is easily obtainable without you knowing it as you progress, way before you can do other conquests. If it's your 2nd one to complete the season quests then that's surprising lol.

Xanathus

this goddamn 50m gold conquest bullshit.

I can only hope that I find that gold goblin dude.

Just ignore it until you're speed farming TX. Then when you spot a gold goblin TP back to town and swap your helm gem to emerald and put whatever gold find gear you have on, and put paragon points into gold find. Then if you want to be even surer of getting the conquest, clear a route around the rest of the rift while making sure you lead back to the goblin and finish it off.

neoism

how is software auto picking up death's breaths and shit not bannable geez
get your shit together blizzard
gabynator is even still playing and topping paragon level charts after getting supposedly perm banned

what a joke

he more than likely has dozens of copies of the game lol

nubbe

Even when I'm not playing I still hear the barbarian shouts echoing in my ears
so many hours and I don't get the set pieces I want *cries*

neoism

In about 700 hours of playing, with at least 400 hours playing as Wizard, I've never seen one Wand of Woh.

This thing does not exist.

lol yeah one of my friends has mained a wiz since launch and shes got over 3k hours played and still hasn't gotten one lol
bounty : kill queen araneae

1453418206-1404922390268.gif

fuck this boss
and fuck uber maghda
and fuck uber diablo
such fucking wastes of time holy shit
yeah not sure why even though act 1 is still my favorite act.... I literally fucking HATE the spider area before that boss HATE it...

Top Bottom