• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

lol yeah one of my friends has mained a wiz since launch and shes got over 3k hours played and still hasn't gotten one lol
yeah not sure why even though act 1 is still my favorite act.... I literally fucking HATE the spider area before that boss HATE it...
the area is fine honestly although the pits are annoying, now they often show where to go
but the boss, fuck this boss. why does it have to fucking hide twice this is just A PAIN IN THE ASS aghhhh

also hooray for 3rd ramaladnis gift

Got a Ramaladni's Gift and a Convention of Elements in the same session.

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

this goddamn 50m gold conquest bullshit.

I can only hope that I find that gold goblin dude.

I got this one pretty easily by loosely following this post on Reddit
it's specifically for Crusader but I could see it working for other classes if you're build is fast enough.

How it went for me;
1) Boon of the hoarder (lvl 50 helps) Leoric's crown +emerald, Goldskin, and one of those season pets to help with the pickup.
2)Ran through Ruins of Corvus on Torment X without killing, opening doors and running around spawning those little spider things, then when I reached the end of the map I lowered difficulty to VII and killed all the little bastards.

Got to 50 mil on my second attempt (forgot to lower the difficulty first time :p)

And with that I Got my stash tab this morning! don't know what to do now, guess I'll start a Wizard...

IceMarker

Been away a couple days at work being busy. I wonder how far behind I've fallen behind everyone else in gear, paragon, achievements, etc. :p

Ayumi

Been away a couple days at work being busy. I wonder how far behind I've fallen behind everyone else in gear, paragon, achievements, etc. :p
I'm playing so casually, my only chance of gaining a reasonable amount would be to be carried a lot.

It feels weird, because I used to be the one carrying others. I hate feeling a little helpless. :x

On a side note: Holy shit, it's so much faster to gain Paragon Levels compared to 1,5 years ago. I struggled my way to 500. Now my seasonal is almost at 200.. And I've only played some hours (although I did get carried high up!)

Chozo

On a side note: Holy shit, it's so much faster to gain Paragon Levels compared to 1,5 years ago. I struggled my way to 500. Now my seasonal is almost at 200.. And I've only played some hours (although I did get carried high up!)

Yeah, getting 6 pieces early this season means you can start hitting the high Torments and GRs much earlier than you would otherwise. Early on I was getting 6-8 levels a GR and was still clearing with 10 minutes to spare.

Oh, and I also joined the GR 70 and 45 no set club, so go me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
they also just buffed baseline xp and solo xp a crap ton in general because of the nerfs to xp gear

you get like anywhere from 5-10 paragon levels from high grifts even past 500 paragon

MrDaravon

Today was a good day. Got that UE set dungeon mastery and GR45 Conquest out of the way.

How hard was the UE set Mastery? I need to Master a set dungeon for the journey I'm currently on. Maras is a total bitch, and the Impale one seems super tedious/boring.

Ayumi

Can't wait for a decent weapon to drop soon, so I can start pushing myself, and earn some more paragon levels while I try to gear up more decently.

It's a shame paragons actually matter a lot for the rankings, but on the other side, it makes perfect sense because hard work needs to be acknowledged. So I'm only salty because I'm kinda behind & I feel like it's hindering me! Gotta get 'em INT points.

Dahbomb

How hard was the UE set Mastery? I need to Master a set dungeon for the journey I'm currently on. Maras is a total bitch, and the Impale one seems super tedious/boring.
Not that hard but can be annoying.

Main thing to know in advance:

*Never have an Animal companion or Follower for it. They will kill random mobs and they will lower you Multishot mob hits.

*Don't use Vengeance either, the random rockets and shots kill enemies while you are trying to vault which also Multishot timing.

*Use Warchezian arm guards. There are destructible objects you can clear for speed boost. Really easy with Multishot.

*Maximize movement speed. Tactical Advantage, Fleet foot passive etc. Vault with Tumble rune is obviously a must.

*Clear every single small area and always double check. One of the common ways to fail these is if you forget to kill one random enemy in some area.

*Use the Broadside or Wind Chill Multishot runes. The fire one fires rockets which clears mobs that you may not want because you are trying to maximize a single Multishot hit.

The large AOE of Multishot and fast movement speed of DH makes it easy to clear as long as you double check. It's about lining up the Multishot to get 20 kill at one time.

Other things I found useful:

*Use the boots that allow you to pass through mobs. Sometimes there are packs of like 12 and 16 enemies that you need to herd to get the 20 hit arena that requires moving through enemies in close areas.

*Pride's Fall allows you to spam Vault without getting low on Discipline. You fail if you go below 50% Discipline which shouldn't happen but sometimes you are in a rush and you spam the Vault key.

*You still want your damage to be high as there are yellow mobs that may take a few hits to kill. I know there are some dungeons where you need to purposely gimp your gear, this is not one of them.

Talaysen

What are the three easiest conquests to do? I got the gold chain one already and no set GR45 seems doable, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the last one. GR55 in multiple sets maybe?

What are the three easiest conquests to do? I got the gold chain one already and no set GR45 seems doable, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the last one. GR55 in multiple sets maybe?

GR45, 50M gold one, and leveling to 70 if you have someone you can leach off of. If not, maybe the 1 hour with a group that knows how it works.

Tarazet

A buddy of mine needs some help. He has a 70 wizard with this current setup
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vandude-1854/hero/70126515

He isn't doing as much damage as he feels he should and isn't sure what skills to compliment that and where to go. He is currently trying to piece together this build

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69933-quin69-gr88-dmo-wizard-solo

Any advice? I know next to nothing about Wiz.

Obviously he's going to want to switch to DMO once he has the six pieces, but he's got what he's got. With Hergbrash either on his toon or in the cube he doesn't need to use a Signature Spell, he can just spam Disintegrate all day. When I was using Firebird's 6 piece, I wore Hergbrash, and used these items in the cube: Etched Sigil (which automatically casts your spenders while you channel Disintegrate), Aquila Cuirass, and either Convention of Elements or Halo of Arlyse.

Socket and emerald in the weapon. That isn't optional. Roll off the CDR.

Syntsui

So what is the straight up best gear to level up a new character? I'm getting bored of my DH and I'm thinking about making a Barbarian or a Wizard.

I absolutely loathe the campaign and I wished we could totally skip it with another character, it's absolutely dreadful. I want to completely skim through it as soon as possible.

As of now, I'll start to stack up those Gems of Ease.

So I'm just getting back into D3 after a LONG hiatus. What happens if I reforge a legendary that isn't Level 70? Is there a chance that it will be upgraded to Level 70?

what the fuck ?
One rift I get a goblin pack. Aight cool. Next rift I get another. Odd. On the second map of this rift I then get a double or triple goblin pack ?

154 death's breath in one rift rofl, and I didn't count the blood shards yet

1453641032-test.gif

strafer

what the fuck ?
One rift I get a goblin pack. Aight cool. Next rift I get another. Odd. On the second map of this rift I then get a double or triple goblin pack ?

1453641032-test.gif

Yeah, I've encountered like six goblins in a rift, it was crazy, laughing everywhere and shards, gold and stuff everywhere.

And the Male Crusader is the voice of like half the male NPCs in the game. It's like talking to myself.

Wish they would have gone with another voice actor.

I like Gideon Emery. Favorite va among playable characters, up there with fem wd for me.

Funniest case of overusing him imo is ESO. He voices so many NPCs in that game, and his voice is so distinct. You can run into him half a dozen times crossing a town.

Almost geared my barb out to be useful, but I need one or two more things. And I've gotta do bounties to cube shit which is no fun.

Also, GR 73 down. Slower than Eek and DV though, coulda used a power pylon or something for the boss. Might try 74 after a bit, but I need to farm some stuff up. Really low on materials.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The biggest lie of a button ever

Yea, it should allow you to change the difficulty as much as you want as long as you aren't in combat.

haha went to check and it doesn't work on any difficulty now that I could see. Guess they're phasing it out.

well, they do that because they dont want you to clear a whole rift, raise it up to Torment X then go run around and loot all of the resplendent chests or whatever you find. That would essentially be +% magic find gear all over again.

i think you can raise it up to Hard but can only do it like 2 or 3 times before they force you to leave the game and start again.

It works, but only under certain difficulty settings that you start with. I don't think they allow you to do it at all once you hit the Torments. Its mostly for leveling, not max-level play.

neoism

what the fuck ?

1453641032-test.gif

@_@ damn yesterday for the first time we got really lucky on a blue gob spawn and killed all of those little ones at the same time it locked up the game for like 5 seconds lol... didnt get that many though damn....

Sarcasm

So..I log in and see I have three crusadors, two with the same name and relatively same playtime. Anyway to see which is the most recent?

Anybody want to boost a S5 character?

Top Bottom