• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

I got this one pretty easily by loosely following this post on Reddit
it's specifically for Crusader but I could see it working for other classes if you're build is fast enough.

How it went for me;
1) Boon of the hoarder (lvl 50 helps) Leoric's crown +emerald, Goldskin, and one of those season pets to help with the pickup.
2)Ran through Ruins of Corvus on Torment X without killing, opening doors and running around spawning those little spider things, then when I reached the end of the map I lowered difficulty to VII and killed all the little bastards.

Got to 50 mil on my second attempt (forgot to lower the difficulty first time :p)

And with that I Got my stash tab this morning! don't know what to do now, guess I'll start a Wizard...

Thanks for this, just completed it on my Wiz on the first attempt. I used the DMO grift build and substituted my weapon with a non-ancient Devil Tongue and didn't even bother socketing it. I put an emerald in my helm and maxed out the gold find in Paragons and that was pretty much it. I had a level 50 Boon of Hoarder and no Goldskin. I finished the run with a 60 million gold streak. I did the run on Torment 8.

Now to decide whether or not to the Guardian objectives...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Just wanna thank EU D3 for the awesome PL'ing session :). Just got my full 6PC. Too bad Firebird sucks (never liked it), but it's a start.

Nokterian

Just wanna thank EU D3 for the awesome PL'ing session :). Just got my full 6PC. Too bad Firebird sucks (never liked it), but it's a start.

Yeah i wasn't fond of it either didn't get it as a six piece set i used that on my crusader but i do have the whole set while it is nice it isn't as strong as i thought it would be. Magnum Opus is one of the strongest this season you need to get that instead. Hopefully blizzard will rework firebird again a shame that firebird doesn't go super high for greater rifts.

Ultratech

Went and made a Thorns Sader this season and got his set.

This is pretty damn fun!

Ride my horse, let enemies hit me, watch 'em die to Thorns.

lol

lol got my third gift at plevel 97 yesterday... (my third of ROS)

I have two now so I'm fine for a long time (since I don't plan on getting more characters for a while).

---

Got to plvl 490 today with friends, things are looking fine. Plus I finally got a Compass to use with my Traveler.

Firemind

Firebird is fine. Elites take a few seconds to burn but they will still melt with 600%. It's shit in grifts yeah, but it's a decent farming set.

RS4-

Not sure if they fixed it, but with firebirds, kill either one blue guy (not the whole mob) or the main yellow guy; then swap out all your fire spells so you can keep the perma damage buff.

That's until you either die or set another mob on fire. It doesn't show up in the dps but the buff is there.

I haven't used it in a while though.

strafer

Woah, so I killed a treasure goblin that opened a portal when it died, some weird place with a lot of gold, I got like 10 million.

Crazy.

Dahbomb

Levelling to 70? I don't see anything like that on the list.
That's no conquest. It's part of the final Season journey requirement.

There's a reach GR55 with 6 class sets Conquest. So if you level an alt you can do it. I have done 4 of these with DH for each of their set and plan to do the remaining two with Monk (just move over my dex jewelry over and use the class sets).

There's also a beat campaign in under 1 hour. Not sure how hard that is but that one seems like you need a 4 man group (for stuff that involves going to separate zones at one time).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
football and diablo, great combo
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

oakenhild

Woah, so I killed a treasure goblin that opened a portal when it died, some weird place with a lot of gold, I got like 10 million.

Crazy.

The vault was amazing the first time I stumbled onto it. Great fun. Still rare enough that I get pretty into it when it pops.

IIRC they don't allow you to raise it more because people would abuse turning in quests as soon as they were finished with a rift, bounty chain, etc.

They can't tie the quest reward to the difficulty it was completed at? They basically did that exact thing with Bounty Bags. People used to do them on the easiest difficulty then reload in TX and get the drop rates of TX. I see no reason quests couldn't be handled the same way.

Nokterian

Crazy.

The Vault in Torment 10 you will get even more millions upon millions of gold. When you find a puzzle ring you can put it in the cube and hit transmute it will go to the vault.

The Vault in Torment 10 you will get even more millions upon millions of gold. When you find a puzzle ring you can put it in the cube and hit transmute it will go to the vault.

I thought that, but it wasn't as much as I thought--granted I did it without Boon of the Hoarder. It was something like 40m. On T7 I got 30m anyway, so it wasn't that much of a difference. I suppose 33% increase is quite a bit but when you're that high Gold is only so valuable.

Talaysen

They can't tie the quest reward to the difficulty it was completed at? They basically did that exact thing with Bounty Bags. People used to do them on the easiest difficulty then reload in TX and get the drop rates of TX. I see no reason quests couldn't be handled the same way.

Even if they did that, people could just clear most of a rift on Normal then switch to TX for the last part. Or do four bounties on Normal and switch to TX for the fifth.

Josh378

On the PS4 version. Goldskin at the vault = 200 million when cleaned out. T7, can run T8 if needed. Josh378 is my name on psn if someone wants to play.

NeoGAF clan active much? Last I played was pre-cube , and all my previous clan members are mostly inactive :p

Pretty sure I'm in the NA one, and I haven't noticed a ton of people, but I haven't really been too focused on it and I play like midnight-8am on Thursday and Friday lol.

IceMarker

Way too many goblins tonight with Dreams-Visions, CarbonFalcon, and Talaysen.

Never thought I'd write "too many" and "goblins" next to each other. GG

exuvgre.jpg

I have something to brag about too!
for now

Got to GRift 71 and my gear is not 100% complete, not even one kanai ancient upgrade (the +5 stat x Leg Gem one). If I drop more ancients I might go to 72-73, but who knows.

Also, I got like 4-5 Ramaladnis today, madness. Good ol' complaining on GAF 60% of the time works everytime.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Doing this while wearing "Gold to XP gained" gear/cube power is fabulous.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
NeoGAF clan active much? Last I played was pre-cube , and all my previous clan members are mostly inactive :p

NA or EU? Can't talk about NA, but EU is pretty active right now, yeah. Just ask Dunfisch, Nokterrian and the others. Heck, even I'm playing again.

Only Yoshichan and Gegz are MIA. Losers.

Celegus

for now
Don't worry, I'm coming for ya soon!
Also, I got like 4-5 Ramaladnis today, madness. Good ol' complaining on GAF 60% of the time works everytime.
Crazy. I'm paragon ~425 and have only found 2 so far. Have a bunch of decent weapons to use them on, but still haven't even used one because I find so few and don't want to get stuck. Did get a couple donations last night from some awesome gaffers though! Just not sure how some people manage to find so many, but it's always been that way for me.

Wizard leaderboard is rocking! I haven't made anything resembling a serious attempt yet, but I'm definitely aiming to take back my rightful #1 Crusader spot again.

I literally cannot play the game since the season started. Crazy 2000+ latency at most hours.

I've been talking to the EU customer service team for almost a week now and nothing helps. Really annoying. Funny thing is, all of the other Blizz games are fine (Heartstone, Heroes and Starcraft) but Diablo is completely borked.

Anybody else from EU has similar problems since the season began?

Seasonal Journey done! Last conquest was 6 sets at GR 55. Did DMO, Tal Rasha, Firebirds, Thorns of the Invoker, Immortal King's, and Raekor's. 3 different classes, but that's how it panned out.

And I got power leveled on hardcore with a total playtime of less than a half hour.

Sexy (illegible) portrait is now mine
pwou69d.gif

Zaru

Any idea on how to drive the thorns build past GR50?
This is my current hero

I don't particularly need that weapon, 6 seconds steed charge is just really really convenient in Rifts and in general.
The left ring, the amulet and the belt in particular are far from optimal, but what would be good items for those slots?

Way too many goblins tonight with Dreams-Visions, CarbonFalcon, and Talaysen.

Never thought I'd write "too many" and "goblins" next to each other. GG

exuvgre.jpg

for now

Woot, Im slightly immortalized on the interwebz. No way in hell im gonna stay in 2nd being only 20 points behind.

This is my current hero

I don't particularly need that weapon, 6 seconds steed charge is just really really convenient in Rifts and in general.
The left ring, the amulet and the belt in particular are far from optimal, but what would be good items for those slots?

I did 60 easily with that :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shugga-2416/hero/38986569

90% of the gear I got with kadala after farming the shards with my barbs
Shield should be the akarat's awakening one (I think it's the name ?), my page is not up to date yet

ferr

I ran into a pack of 20+ goblins in a TX rift last night. First time I'd seen anything like that since I think the 2.2 PTR.. craziness.

And finally got a worthwhile Hellfire Amulet after maybe 30 or so crafts:
n3oxfqQ.png

Xanathus

This is my current hero

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69887-2-4-gr87-invoker-punish

You're missing a lot of optimal and necessary pieces. You're even missing legendary gems on your other ring and amulet.

th3dude

This is my current hero

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69887-2-4-gr87-invoker-punish

You're missing a lot of optimal and necessary pieces. You're even missing legendary gems on your other ring and amulet.

To add on, I really like this guide. More text and explanation: http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/crusader-endgame-thorns-build-with-the-invoker-set-patch-2-4

Syntsui

I feel like I have nothing else to do in this game. The set dungeons are worthless, I'm doing GR75 solo without that much problem. I'm playing just to optimize my gear that is not even bad.

I think I will wait for a new update or expansion. Does anyone else feel like this?

h3ro

I ran into a pack of 20+ goblins in a TX rift last night. First time I'd seen anything like that since I think the 2.2 PTR.. craziness.

And finally got a worthwhile Hellfire Amulet after maybe 30 or so crafts:
n3oxfqQ.png

What did you end up rolling on that amulet?

I'd go rolling the Dex into elemental damage to suit your build.

Haha I love the competitive nature in here.

I'll never make it to 74 ;_;

Real talk: some of these rifts and guardians are complete bullshit. Some things I noticed on the way to 73 or whatever I got to:

- I encountered a boss that did chain knockbacks. I'd get close and he'd push me back instantly. And I don't mean like every once in awhile he'd push back; I mean my character would be bouncing like it was on a trampoline. I failed my first 73 try with 2 minutes on the clock because I simply couldn't stay on him. Since I was using a pure melee build, it took me something like 4 minutes to do. The next rift at the same level I finished with 4 minutes remaining. Really?

- Rift density variance. Why are some 70+ rifts beautifully dense and others look like a rural city after dark? Why would that sort of variance be a thing? Sometimes I can tell within the first 3-5 minutes if a Rift is going to fail going by sheer density for the first 1/3 of the time. Seems like rifts should be at least somewhat consistent in terms of numbers.

- Shrine density. Some rifts I counted 1 shrine during the entire run. Others I counted 3-4. I understand some of them will be on one floor while others are as much as a few floors down, but geez. Some aspects of these runs are completely RNG. Rather annoying.

- I never really figured out a best method for pack fighting. That is to say, the decision of when to skip a group of whites and trying to find more elites. How big should the group of whites be to dedicated time to them? Should I be trying to drag elites to any nearby whites to try to do them all at the same time or is the time lost not worth that effort? I just don't know. I feel there is considerable room for improvement to be made there but I'll probably need a Youtube guide to exact improvements.

- The crown will return to the head of the rightful king. Or not. :(

Baliis

150 and anything beyond that used to crash the game.

150 is the cap right now, but it could go higher of they wanted to. It was only 100 when they introduced GRs, but they added the next 50 for s4 I think, mighta been in s3

- Shrine density. Some rifts I counted 1 shrine during the entire run. Others I counted 3-4. I understand some of them will be on one floor while others are as much as a few floors down, but geez. Some aspects of these runs are completely RNG. Rather annoying.

They did this because people figured out how to game the old pylon spawn system to reliably have a conduit + power for the RG.

I haven't tried 74 yet. Trying to get an ancient weapon and at least one more Caldesann's Despair before I go push again.

But yeah, there's definitely RNG with rifts that can fuck you over. Like I've failed a couple 70s that should be considered farm just cause the rift or boss was bad.

The hardest thing though at high GR is knowing/deciding when to fight and when to skip/try and pull more. Sparse mobs are more dangerous than a screen full of shit generally. Some elites are just not worth the time if they're particularly dangerous and/or annoying

Top Bottom