• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Dunfisch

You can also join the GAF clan, though you have to ask one of the clan moderators. I know Yoshichan can add you, but I can't remember who else. Dunfisch maybe?

I've been EU-DiabloGAF officer since Season 4, so if there's newcomers and nobody approves them before I come on, I can do so too.

But yeah, if Syntsui is from Brazil, playing on the Euro servers might not be the best of ideas. Not just in terms of server performance, but also time zone difference - most of us may not be online when he's on.

Just bought the PC version, the PS4 version is a drought. I barely get anyone to play and there is pretty much nothing left to do but keep getting better items to end up playing alone, fuck that. Can't wait to do these seasons you guys love so much.

Welcome! I did the same, PS4 then PC. I'm from the same place you are, so if you want to play sometime just give me your id and I'll add you here. I can power level you, no problem.

Syntsui

I was fine with the constant Rifts/Grifts farming because you actually feel the progression, be it leveling up, getting loads of legendaries, blood shards, upgrading the gems etc.

The problem with bouties is that the only reason to do them is because you actually need the materials and they are exclusive to it. Its a chore and I really hate doing them. I try to rush the bosses/objectives as fast as possible and most of the times I'm ignoring the mobs /chest, which doesn't happen with Rifts/Grifts. Even on T10 the bosses barely drop something usefull.

I will give you guys my ID once I get home to play it!

Sober

Wouldn't be surprised if they just opened up more slots for cubed powers over time. Like one more every few seasons until you can just double up legendary powers on all slots. Or hat specific legendary gems.

Another idea would be to cube a legendary power into a potion maybe? Just throwing a bunch of ideas out there.

Addnan

i somehow accidentally got avarice lol. how did i manage that. just checked my season things and apparently i've done it. huh.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
*One extra layer of itemization. Maybe it's Rune wards for chest/pants, maybe it's charms

I'd love to see charms come back. They allowed for some great build customization in D2. They could even make it so they only drop during Nephalim Rifts, that would give rift running more of a purpose than just running for breaths and keystones.

Firemind

The one set ancient I get out of dozens of green legs and it's not even my class.

I'm never going to get the extra stash tab am I? :lol

Wolfie5

If there is a new expansion there will probably be:
New class/classes
Lvl cap raised to 80 (Most likely new skills will come with this).
Hopefully a new act.

They also should:
Rework paragons as someone mentioned.
Add lots of new recepies for the cube, something like in D2 with runewords.
New end game stuff (some form of horde mode might be fun)

w4ttsup

In the next expansion or large patch (3.0), I'd like to see:

- more potion drops and customization
- possible map drops (blue, yellow, legend)
- skill advancement through levels
- more legendary pieces or re-work legendaries

I'm not too worried about new classes at this point -- kinda like the ones we have!

Celegus

Yeah- that's a pretty big deal. Pre-2.0 everyone was very accepting of change because the state of the game was pretty poor. Nowadays, we're in a very good state, with very a matured metagame. Adding 10 levels wouldn't rid us of Greater Rifts, etc, but it would definitely wipe out our precious gear that we've been grinding for since 2.0 was released. And I think the game has grown beyond 'gain 10 more levels to grow in power' to a point where, get certain gear to grow in power. I don't see any benefit in changing our cap from 70 to 80, it's entirely irrelevant.

Unless it is their intention to push the reset button on currently available gear. Who knows, maybe their hands are tied on creating cool new legendaries simply because of too many existing items that cause conflicts.

On the otherhand, the adv mode content from ROS was awesome, and it would suck to not get a new Act and set of bosses. A decent reason to raise the cap to 80 so the final boss isn't immediately killable.
Given the scope of the patches, I just can't see how they could possibly have enough manpower to keep adding all these free updates on top of enough content to justify a full expansion. A smaller piece of paid content like a new class could also justify keeping the game supported, since it hasn't been getting nearly as much attention compared to the constant revenue streams of WoW, HotS or Hearthstone.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I am curious as to why you have a problem with supports plus DPS group composition. I think support play is good for Diablo because it allows for a lot of items to get used that would otherwise be unusable.

Unless you are just against 3/1 ratio and want to see a 2/2 ratio.

I don't. I have a problem with the 3:1 ratio every single season. 1:3 or 2:2 is much more interesting and healthier for the game; this is diablo, 95% of the playerbase enjoys pushing their damage as high as possible and killing monsters. The fact that you can't bring in your hard-earned and optimized WD, DH, or whatever have you gear into a group without immediately falling 10-15 grift levels is just saddening.

When the entire group metagame revolves around 1 specific fotm dps and 3 supports just providing health globes for said dps... that's incredibly boring and an incredible balance oversight and I think they know it too considering how hard they went out of their way to crush static monk in 2.4. However, after this most recent patch, I think they'll finally decide the issue lies with supports rather than the flavor dps who gets switched out every season. Or maybe they'll just crush energy twister wiz and the cycle will continue, who knows.

Given the scope of the patches, I just can't see how they could possibly have enough manpower to keep adding all these free updates on top of enough content to justify a full expansion. A smaller piece of paid content like a new class could also justify keeping the game supported, since it hasn't been getting nearly as much attention compared to the constant revenue streams of WoW, HotS or Hearthstone.

One of my buddies had a theory (which I agree with) that Blizzard doesn't really care about the "free" content updates, and d3 has an obviously small dev team at this point as well. The point of all these blizzard games and their new desktop app--WoW, diablo, hearthstone, and overwatch--they just want to keep you in the "blizzard loop."

Finished subbing to WoW? Start playing Hearthstone regularly. Diablo season start? Jump to diablo and play hearthstone in between. Tired of medieval fantasy? Jump over to the new Overwatch. Want to play a MOBA where games last 10-15 mins? Go to HotS. So I feel like they figure by retaining their playerbase with seasons and keeping you in that "blizzard loop" with diablo, they can release an expansion once every 2-3 years and still make more than enough of their money back. Notice how most of their games are rooted in instant gratification and are very simple, straightforward, and easy to jump in and out of.

Also I think I read somewhere that people are still buying quite a bit of diablo/RoS copies to this very day, and a big part of that probably has to do with seasons. We can even see that in this thread as well :).

nubbe

Advancement should probably be with new gear at Torment XI+ Relic and Pre-Historic drops

New levels would be a really hard blow
As sad, 1.0 was pretty bad and everyone was glad to see it go

Just did the no set items GRift 45 conquest. What a joke, I thought it would be much harder.

I had to use Spaulders of Zakara because I had nothing else in the stash and even with that I managed to finish it with plenty of time to spare.

Baliis

Just did the no set items GRift 45 conquest. What a joke, I thought it would be much harder.

I had to use Spaulders of Zakara because I had nothing else in the stash and even with that I managed to finish it with plenty of time to spare.

That's how I felt. I literally just took my LoN blessed shield gear, and changed my rings. Cleared in like 8 mins.

That's how I felt. I literally just took my LoN blessed shield gear, and changed my rings. Cleared in like 8 mins.

I found a build online and tried to replicate it, but I missed many items like the weapon (lol), so I had to use my Pig Sticker with no damage, it was hilarious. Spammed Bombardment with the Thorns rune + Mortal Drama + Belt of the Trove, that's it.

Try it as a DH and then come back. Our skills are woefully under powered.

I heard a friend saying something similar, he managed to get into the ladder (300 something IIRC) and got quite mad when I asked "wait, you got that high by doing GRift level n?" (n because I can't remember the exact number). He then went on and on about how it was hard to play as DH and etc.

I did it with like 6minutes to spare. Fire multishot build, cindercoat, magefist, yang+deadman, rocket passives, usual stuff really. You can do it in other ways too, cluster xbow or chakram sword apparently work well. Mostly fire builds because of cindercoat, although you can probably make a cold build work with the cold gloves and some better hatred management. Not that worth it though. Can probably do Rapid Fire even with the channeling shoulders and the rapid fire quiver/xbow, would be pretty interesting.

Dreavus

I was thinking about trying the no set GR45 on my Wizard but I figured I'd need a bunch of ancients to do it because sets are so powerful. I looked up a few builds people had used online, and now realize I could build most of them (just without the double unity).

Gonna try tonight. Hopefully the APD + Halo combo with Aquila can adequately defend me, lol

eek5

I was thinking about trying the no set GR45 on my Wizard but I figured I'd need a bunch of ancients to do it because sets are so powerful. I looked up a few builds people had used online, and now realize I could build most of them (just without the double unity).

Gonna try tonight. Hopefully the APD + Halo combo with Aquila can adequately defend me, lol

Make sure you at least have one of the ancient weapons. Makes a huge diff (20-30% faster clear time)

Kawl_USC

Started back into Diablo with this new season after having played a crusader a bit near RoS launch.

Having a blast so far. Rocking Leapquake build at the moment.

Had a sad moment last night when I accidentally disenchanted my new ancient MoTE boots after enchanting them because I thought I had equipped them. Oh well at least it was just boots.

Best bet for a single item DPS increase would be rerolling my Weapon to Ancient right? Guess I'll need to start farming garbage legendaries and bounties.

Was wondering if I could euro clan invite. Tag is Kawl#1313.

I did it with like 6minutes to spare. Fire multishot build, cindercoat, magefist, yang+deadman, rocket passives, usual stuff really. You can do it in other ways too, cluster xbow or chakram sword apparently work well. Mostly fire builds because of cindercoat, although you can probably make a cold build work with the cold gloves and some better hatred management. Not that worth it though. Can probably do Rapid Fire even with the channeling shoulders and the rapid fire quiver/xbow, would be pretty interesting.

I did use a fire MS build with Ccoat and Mfist. I think my biggest hurdle was using a 2500dps bow becuase I did not have an ancient one. What made it infinitely easier for me was using the thrill of the hunt passive. If kept everything a full screen away to i could plant and pewpew.

I should try it again with my new bow (3440dps) and level 65+ gems.

Lain

Couple of days ago I managed to find an ancient Unstable Scpeter, a so-so Triumvirate and a really shitty Compass Rose, so now I'm really enjoying Delsere. Easily cleared a GR52 and now I gotta get some more keys to keep going and unlock higher levels.

Speaking of Wizards and Delsere, what's the less stressing build to use?

eek5

Couple of days ago I managed to find an ancient Unstable Scpeter, a so-so Triumvirate and a really shitty Compass Rose, so now I'm really enjoying Delsere. Easily cleared a GR52 and now I gotta get some more keys to keep going and unlock higher levels.

Speaking of Wizards and Delsere, what's the less stressing build to use?

Most relaxed build (up to 70-75+?) is use DMO w/ arcane orbit, magic weapon/deflection, furance cubed. All you have to do is worry about your arcane dynamo and cast AO when needed.

Gameplay is more or less TP into density, bubble, auto attack, hit arcane orbit when stack hits 5. repeat

Novocaine

After getting my platinum trophies in Bloodborne and DS2 I needed something to fill the time between now and DS3, so I decided to jump back on the Diablo train. Picked up the Xbox One version, just finished act 2 as a Crusader yesterday. Really like the Crusader, I played Barbarian mostly previously but I wasn't a big fan of how it played at endgame, at least back when I played it.

As someone who has been playing Diablo on and off since it's initial release on PC I'm really surprised at how well it holds up still and how much it gets improved over time. There really is something special about Blizzard games that no other company can do. I've missed that since getting rid of my PC

So yeah if anybody is looking for an Xbox co-op buddy hit me up at NovocaineAU.

biaxident

Are you on US? I hit my goal of 70 in softcore so I'm prob gonna switch to primarily focus on my HC wizard now. I never have problems finding pub games though, there's usually like 50 people or so at t7 - 10 so there's plenty to fill a four person game as people come and go. Lots of communities too for putting together groups.

I actually leveled with you some ballis, my account is ytse. Pub games for T3 have between 13-20 people and everyone I've joined fizzles quick so it's been a lil slow going.

Jeez, is anyone else playing a Monk this season? I know we're weak but it seems like Crusader and Wizard are the only classes people talk about.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Jeez, is anyone else playing a Monk this season? I know we're weak but it seems like Crusader and Wizard are the only classes people talk about.

Not me, but the life on hit support build still has a place for high GR runs apparently.

Gotta get back in there on my WD and get that SMK...

inky

I am. Put an Inna's build together from a Dahbomb recommendation and it was going alright. Hit GR60 and got a little bit bored so haven't played in a few days but I'll give it another go soon.

Here's where I am at:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/inky-1237/hero/22302435

so a lot of room for improvement still.

Baliis

I actually leveled with you some ballis, my account is ytse. Pub games for T3 have between 13-20 people and everyone I've joined fizzles quick so it's been a lil slow going.

Oh derp, if peoples in game isnt the same as their GAF name, i have no idea who people are lol.

Not me, but the life on hit support build still has a place for high GR runs apparently.

Yea I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the builds floating around--I'm collecting all the sets just in case though.

I am. Put an Inna's build together from a Dahbomb recommendation and it was going alright. Hit GR60 and got a little bit bored so haven't played in a few days but I'll give it another go soon.

Here's where I am at:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/inky-1237/hero/22302435

so a lot of room for improvement still.

At work so I can't check it out but I've so far only worked my way up to GR35 using a SWK's build. I have managed to get exactly 0 of the PoL-based items I need to advance but in the meantime I'm collecting the other sets. I really want to do a 2pc Demons 6 pc Inna's build or something like that using builders and Shenlongs. My alternative is also to try to come up with a LoN build.

Dahbomb

I am playing DH but will be leveling up a Monk soon. I think the clan will appreciate some support play lol (actually I want to level up my gems really high).

I used the cube to upgrade a rare item and it turned into a green one. Is this better than legendary? Never had a green item before.

Also did my very first grift. Finished it with 20 seconds to spare. Holy shit was it intense.

Baliis

I used the cube to upgrade a rare item and it turned into a green one. Is this better than legendary? Never had a green item before.

Also did my very first grift. Finished it with 20 seconds to spare. Holy shit was it intense.

Green are set items. They're the same tier as legendary, but if you get 2/4/6 pieces of armor, you get big bonuses. Like 1000+% damage multipliers for certain skills big, you want a 6 set.

Dahbomb

Depends on what set item you get.

Some set items come with Legendary affixes and then provide an additional bonus when used in a set (like Danetta's bow) but most sets are only good when combined. 6 piece bonuses are insane in this game.

GR 75 down. We on the leaderboards again boys.
goodjob.gif

Depends on what set item you get.

Some set items come with Legendary affixes and then provide an additional bonus when used in a set (like Danetta's bow) but most sets are only good when combined. 6 piece bonuses are insane in this game.

Blackthorn Spurs. From what I read they are pretty common as far as sets go for monks. Don't care. First time getting them. They are awesome.

zanyu

Shout out to @ballis power leveling me. Thanks man :)

As for the GR45 no set gear, I really think I either didn't have the proper gear or have no idea how to do it on barb. I tried about 6 times, and always summoned the rift guardian, but due to death timers or just lack of dps, I never made it.

I 1 shot the achievement with a thorns crusader. I literally slapped on random thorns gear, made a max level yellow gem, and threw on my other legendary gems (but swapped out esoteric for thorns). It was so easy never playing the build once. For those of you who need to do this conquest, crusader is the way to go.

I didn't even have the mortal drama for the cube. I just used the furnace.

Thing is, I've been finding it harder to find a reason to push GRs. The lack of finding gear upgrades anymore is getting to me, and slowly grinding paragon levels is unfun. I've spent probably over 1k souls now rerolling a weapon to get ancient, and then another 500 on my fire immunity amulet (to maybe get something decent). I am starved on mats, doing bounties over and over is dreadful.

Part of me wished that the LoN stayed super op, would have pushed the idea of different builds perhaps? I didn't play PTR, so it's kind of bland that some classes just have a one and end all spec that you always do solo. Pretty much on my barb, I'm always IK/Raekor, switch rings/leg gems for move speed if doing bounties.

And 76 done. Dat buffer.

But ButtButt pls that 77. I dunno if it's possible without a power for the boss. Or more despairs.

Grats man, are you using the Orbit build or ET? I am still trying to find an ancient scepter and felt like I didn't have enough dps to go past 73/74.

After switching to ET it almost took just one try for each GR up to 77. I think there was a 76 I failed cause I got that fire meteor dropping RG that kept teleporting around and I didn't know how to corner him.

I remember the 77 I cleared was that Ruins of Corvus looking map and I got to the end of it and there was a power pylon right next to the exit. I clicked it and Perdition immediately 1 shot me and I had a 15 second res timer. I still managed to kill him after that without dying so I don't think a power pylon is absolutely necessary and you could probably push even higher with a good grift layout/mobs.

I think the key is to learn when to fight and when to run/pull (I'm still really bad at this as I feel like I have to kill every single mob lol).I had no gear augmented when I did these runs so I'm trying to work on those now and hopefully it will help a bit.

Top Bottom