• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

getting curious about what's coming next in whatever patch 2.5 ends up being.

there's a lack of purpose to nephalem rifts now other than just farming them. hopefully they make some sort of end game there that doesnt involve GRs. Also bounties having a purpose other than to serve the kanai's cube would be nice.

They could swap them around. Rifts give you mats used for things like Kanai's Cube and Bounty Caches are a bit better or something like that. I hate the way they have act specific mats, it's a huge pain in the ass since it seems I never have enough Act V mats.

Ayumi

T5 rifts give notably less legendaries than what I recall from 2014. I recall getting like 4-5 legs per run, but now it's to little. Was this ever in a patch note..?

frontovik

Banned
So I haven't played Diablo III since its launch and am looking to get back into it. I'm curious to know how to obtain the Corrupted Ashbringer.

Does it drop from a specific monster or boss? I've tried Googling for info, but am unable to find anything useful.

Xanathus

T5 rifts give notably less legendaries than what I recall from 2014. I recall getting like 4-5 legs per run, but now it's to little. Was this ever in a patch note..?

I don't think I even played T5 at all this season, went straight from T4 to T6+ after getting the full 6-piece free set. The thing a lot of players seem to think is that they can't handle higher difficulties when instead they can and should because it accelerates your gearing up process tremendously.

So I haven't played Diablo III since its launch and am looking to get back into it. I'm curious to know how to obtain the Corrupted Ashbringer.

Does it drop from a specific monster or boss? I've tried Googling for info, but am unable to find anything useful.
It's a random legendary drop or Kadala gamble just like almost every item in the game. Not sure why you're looking for it specifically because it's effect isn't used in any good build.

I've had like 4 dropped but then realized you can't cube it because of the unique effect requiring you to hold one so it's one of those weapons just for fun/uniqueness if you get an ancient one and that's it.

Ayumi

I don't think I even played T5 at all this season, went straight from T4 to T6+ after getting the full 6-piece free set. The thing a lot of players seem to think is that they can't handle higher difficulties when instead they can and should because it accelerates your gearing up process tremendously.

I can do T8 solo or so, but I was playing T5 earlier and just noticed how useless it seemed compared to when it was max difficulty. Just an observation, really~

Terra

Already looking forward to the next season & patch. The addition of new legendaries are nice. I would like even more to be added.

Lain

I've been hoping they go full scale geared followers. 1. It helps stash space by covering a set or two or three by having them equipped on them and 2. it will help with solo'ers vs group play benefits. There is no reason followers are limited to what they are now.

Like imagine having a follower equipped in full earth set with lut socks and RROG and have him just leap and gather mobs for you while soloing!

That would be awesome. Imagining my follower being useful even if I didn't give them the immortal item, because thanks to gear they wouldn't explode the moment anything looked at them wrong.

Xanathus

Woo, Masters of the Universe conquest completed and I'm done with all of season journey. Guess that's it for season 5 of Diablo 3 for me j/k.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
That would be awesome. Imagining my follower being useful even if I didn't give them the immortal item, because thanks to gear they wouldn't explode the moment anything looked at them wrong.

The bolded made me chuckle for some reason. Imagine if your followers actually died the kind of gruesome deaths mobs die. The next expansion should focus on giving them about 100-200 different gruesome death animations. Clearly that's what the game is missing right now.

KrawlMan

The NA clan has max cap of members, it's named "NeoGAF Official Clan".
edit: Hmm I can't find it in the clan search, I think raticus might have made it private. Anyway you only need to post your ID in the thread to get an invite.

Ah gotcha. Well if there's room I'd love to join

mlrakanishu#1141

Firemind

The bolded made me chuckle for some reason. Imagine if your followers actually died the kind of gruesome deaths mobs die. The next expansion should focus on giving them about 100-200 different gruesome death animations. Clearly that's what the game is missing right now.
I liked how mercs die in D2 with death cry and gives you an oh shit moment. Now I don't even pay attention when my follower needs to take a breather. Darn blizzard for cartoonifying the series.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I liked how mercs die in D2 with death cry and gives you an oh shit moment. Now I don't even pay attention when my follower needs to take a breather. Darn blizzard for cartoonifying the series.

You raise a good point though: much like the explosion from the molten elite affix or the presence of a treasure goblin used to be hard to notice, Follower death could use a little more audio and visual oomph.

Ayumi

Cleared 40 with a shitty weapon & firebird's. Then I decided to switch to DMO (even though I don't have all the items for the build), but I'm only using a Starfire (lol) until something better drops. :v

It seems to be very strong, but I need tons of practice. I'm too used to spam blizzard while TPing all over the place.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
getting curious about what's coming next in whatever patch 2.5 ends up being.

there's a lack of purpose to nephalem rifts now other than just farming them. hopefully they make some sort of end game there that doesnt involve GRs. Also bounties having a purpose other than to serve the kanai's cube would be nice.

Hoping to see:
*One new set for all the classes and rebalancing for the sets that are obviously weak. Hope they don't abandon buffing/reworking old sets simply because 2.4's main focus was on this. There are some very fun but also pretty bad sets out there like Wrath of Wastes for Barbs, Shadow's/Firebird's for DH's/Wizards (these two unfortunately ate too many nerfs on the ptr), and pretty much every 6 piece for monks lol.
*Some sort of endgame content outside of GR's similar to PoE's raid dungeons/bosses. Would be awesome to get some very challenging set bosses/dungeons with a specific reward or loot table.
*Legendary affixes for all the items that remain without one
*Crush the 3 support + 1 fotm DPS group meta that has been plaguing every season. I don't know how, but it would be nice to get some more multi-dps variety in there.
*New legendary gems. It's about time we got a fire gem now that fire isn't the end all be all element.

My dream 2.5, would be nice just to get 2-3 of these though. Man, I really want to see a new diablo expansion announced soon though, this game is still missing so many awesome class archetypes: Rogue (melee assassin), Druid (Shapeshifter), and Necromancer are what I want to see.

strafer

If there's another Exp on the horizon, do you think we will see another new class? And what would you like to see?

Return of the Necromancer, Assassins?

Firemind

If there's another Exp on the horizon, do you think we will see another new class? And what would you like to see?

Then there'd be more disparity tho, unless they somehow create three new classes. That's kind of Blizzard's predicament. Maybe they could introduce another stat. Sapphires don't exist in the world of Diablo 3.

h3ro

Just finished a Level 75 Grift solo with my UE Demon Hunter! What a rush! Had the dream rift though, finished with 2:30 left.

Augmenting Ancients for increased mainstat really helped a ton.

ferr

Based on how ROS's ending went
with the potential for the "hero nephalem" to turn against Tyrael
I'd bet it could be related to that. Maybe a Nephalem class.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Then there'd be more disparity tho, unless they somehow create three new classes. That's kind of Blizzard's predicament.

Is it really a predicament, though? Like, does having in imbalance of main stat usage across characters actually matter? There are only a handful of items in the game that are not class (or even spec) specific at this point anyway, so having one more int class than dex/str isn't something that would really have any effect on the game.

Every class is a "Nephalem class" though. The Crusader, Barb, WD, etc. They are all explicitly Nephalem.

Baliis

Based on how ROS's ending went
with the potential for the "hero nephalem" to turn against Tyrael
I'd bet it could be related to that. Maybe a Nephalem class.

Nephalem are just humans with super powers basically.

I bet well see some sort of amazon class, since Skovos is mentioned in some dialogue about a missing Horadrim expedition there. At least, I bet well see the zone in some way eventually, even if its just a bounty area like the ones they added.

ferr

Every class is a "Nephalem class" though. The Crusader, Barb, WD, etc. They are all explicitly Nephalem.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. It's almost like saying "create a Human class" -- a bit too high level. I think to be more clear, it might be something a bit more ancient, like "Nephalem Ancestor", or some sort of "pure" early Nephalem. Not the Ancients themselves probably, but something new added to the lore.

Their distinguishing abilities and appearance would be aligned much with the heaven/hell & angel/demon theme that the game strives for.

Syntsui

Just bought the PC version, the PS4 version is a drought. I barely get anyone to play and there is pretty much nothing left to do but keep getting better items to end up playing alone, fuck that. Can't wait to do these seasons you guys love so much.

Celegus

I almost wonder if selling other classes individually would work better. New areas and stuff would be nice, but increasing the level and power cap again like RoS did and making all the current stuff obsolete doesn't sound great after all the amazing patch support we've gotten. Especially at this point where it's a straight up loot grind where the story and campaign mean so little, just adding new classes in the existing framework would be fine with me. Even as someone who almost never buys DLC or microtransactions, I would pony up for that.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I almost wonder if selling other classes individually would work better. New areas and stuff would be nice, but increasing the level and power cap again like RoS did and making all the current stuff obsolete doesn't sound great after all the amazing patch support we've gotten. Especially at this point where it's a straight up loot grind where the story and campaign mean so little, just adding new classes in the existing framework would be fine with me. Even as someone who almost never buys DLC or microtransactions, I would pony up for that.

I would pay for an expansion that retcons the whole story of D3 and rewrites it with better dialogue and more satisfying outcomes for the characters (poor Deckard :(). It's never gonna happen, so instead I'll take a sort of "remix" of the world, kinda like what they did with WoW Cataclysm IIRC.

I'd also take more map/environment randomization and new (good) music.

ferr

Yeah- that's a pretty big deal. Pre-2.0 everyone was very accepting of change because the state of the game was pretty poor. Nowadays, we're in a very good state, with very a matured metagame. Adding 10 levels wouldn't rid us of Greater Rifts, etc, but it would definitely wipe out our precious gear that we've been grinding for since 2.0 was released. And I think the game has grown beyond 'gain 10 more levels to grow in power' to a point where, get certain gear to grow in power. I don't see any benefit in changing our cap from 70 to 80, it's entirely irrelevant.

Unless it is their intention to push the reset button on currently available gear. Who knows, maybe their hands are tied on creating cool new legendaries simply because of too many existing items that cause conflicts.

On the otherhand, the adv mode content from ROS was awesome, and it would suck to not get a new Act and set of bosses. A decent reason to raise the cap to 80 so the final boss isn't immediately killable.

Dahbomb

*Crush the 3 support + 1 fotm DPS group meta that has been plaguing every season. I don't know how, but it would be nice to get some more multi-dps variety in there.

I am curious as to why you have a problem with supports plus DPS group composition. I think support play is good for Diablo because it allows for a lot of items to get used that would otherwise be unusable.

Unless you are just against 3/1 ratio and want to see a 2/2 ratio.

There will always be 3 supports as long as they keep the Monk support skills as is. Stuff like Wohf is still broken as fuck.

In general what D3 needs right now are:

*Legendary affixes on Legendaries without one (they are doing this so it's a a matter of time)
*Paragon stats rework. That system is archaic as fuck now and the stats are meaningless thanks to inherent power creep.
*One new set per class and rebalance the remaining sets.
*New class/classes
*New form of end game that isn't just GRs. Maybe a fixed Raid that is very hard and drops specific loot I don't know.
*Some form of PvEvP.
*One extra layer of itemization. Maybe it's Rune wards for chest/pants, maybe it's charm maybe it's a new cube that gives additional abilities. I feel D3 needs just one more mechanic to make it really interesting, it's close but not there yet.
*Allow us to fast swap builds.
*I would like to see some new monster affixes

Syntsui

They could improve the Bounties, give some less boring alternatives to drop materials, new classes, new quests, new maps. There is just so much to do.

Why not even try to make PVP viable? They are smart enough to figure out a way to make it competitive regardless of the equipments.

Dahbomb

They could improve the Bounties, give some less boring alternatives to drop materials, new classes, new quests, new maps. There is just so much to do.

Why not even try to make PVP viable? They are smart enough to figure out a way to make it competitive regardless of the equipments.
I am not sure how they can make PvP competitive without severely gimping items and skills. At that point is it even Diablo?

fuck no, PvP would be a waste of resource and dev time
We need some content, QoL and balance

Dahbomb

QoL and balance changes are a given they have been doing that for years.

More Legendaries is technically more content though I think they need something more major like a class at this point though that's expansion territory.

Syntsui

Why not make them work in a different way exclusively on PvP maps? There is no need to affect PvE at all.

How did this work on Diablo 2?

QoL and balance changes are a given they have been doing that for years.

More Legendaries is technically more content though I think they need something more major like a class at this point though that's expansion territory.
Yeah but some obvious QoL improvements are still not there and taking forever to come.
Why not make them work in a different way exclusively on PvP maps? There is no need to affect PvE at all.

How did this work on Diablo 2?

It was shit. They already tried PVP in D3. It was shit too.

th3dude

Just bought the PC version, the PS4 version is a drought. I barely get anyone to play and there is pretty much nothing left to do but keep getting better items to end up playing alone, fuck that. Can't wait to do these seasons you guys love so much.

Seasons are what keep the game alive.

It provides a clean, fresh start every couple months so that no one is behind. It's a blast. Get in the clan and join us!

Many of us are very happy to powerlevel you to 70 as well. Takes 2-3 rifts now.

Also make sure you buy Reaper of Souls.

Xanathus

Can I get some pointers towards which is the best Barbarian support build for very high GRs? I'm seeing conflicting highly rated builds.

biaxident

If the expansion was just adding unlimited stash tabs with a search function, where you buy tabs with gold that increase per tab I'd be fine with that lol.

Haedrigs gift really spoiled me though, trying to roll a hc sader and without the gift it's so slow since no one plays hc, there's a few gaffers and no pub games basically. Why no hardcore love?

Syntsui

Seasons are what keep the game alive.

It provides a clean, fresh start every couple months so that no one is behind. It's a blast. Get in the clan and join us!

Many of us are very happy to powerlevel you to 70 as well. Takes 2-3 rifts now.

Also make sure you buy Reaper of Souls.

Yup, I bought Reaper of Souls. How does friend lists work on PC? Just need to give my account name? If so it's Syntsui. Also, how do these clans work? Can't wait to play with you guys, the PC community seems much more fun with these seasons and the rankings.

On week days I can only play around 19h-00h on UTC/GMT -3, but on weekends I have pretty much the whole day off.

Baliis

If the expansion was just adding unlimited stash tabs with a search function, where you buy tabs with gold that increase per tab I'd be fine with that lol.

Haedrigs gift really spoiled me though, trying to roll a hc sader and without the gift it's so slow since no one plays hc, there's a few gaffers and no pub games basically. Why no hardcore love?

Are you on US? I hit my goal of 70 in softcore so I'm prob gonna switch to primarily focus on my HC wizard now. I never have problems finding pub games though, there's usually like 50 people or so at t7 - 10 so there's plenty to fill a four person game as people come and go. Lots of communities too for putting together groups.

Yup, I bought Reaper of Souls. How does friend lists work on PC? Just need to give my account name? If so it's Syntsui. Also, how do these clans work? Can't wait to play with you guys, the PC community seems much more fun with these seasons and the rankings.

On week days I can only play around 19h-00h on UTC/GMT -3, but on weekends I have pretty much the whole day off.

Your "account name" is your battle tag, which will be something#1234

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

You can just add people with their Battletag. You should be able to see yours as well, it looks something like this: Username#XXXX

You're on the EU servers I assume? If so, here's my battletag: Beru#1678. Just add me and hit me up whenever I'm online. I should be here tonight at around 21h or maybe a bit later.

You can also join the GAF clan, though you have to ask one of the clan moderators. I know Yoshichan can add you, but I can't remember who else. Dunfisch maybe?

Syntsui

I'm from Brazil, I will have to play on America Server, I guess? By the time I create the character will I have to play on the same server forever?

When I create my character and finish the godawful campaign I will look into joining GAF's clan, thanks!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm from Brazil, I will have to play on America Server, I guess? By the time I create the character will I have to play on the same server forever?

When I create my character and finish the godawful campaign I will look into joining GAF's clan, thanks!

You don't *have* to. You can even play on the Asian servers if you want. But your characters don't carry over from one region to another, and depending on the quality of your connection and where you're playing from, some servers might be laggier than others. You can give both America and EU a shot I guess, see what's smoother for you.

nubbe

Nothing worse than having an upgrade drought and then getting two different weapons at the same time that offer different and fun playstyle

Dreavus

Yeah- that's a pretty big deal. Pre-2.0 everyone was very accepting of change because the state of the game was pretty poor. Nowadays, we're in a very good state, with very a matured metagame. Adding 10 levels wouldn't rid us of Greater Rifts, etc, but it would definitely wipe out our precious gear that we've been grinding for since 2.0 was released. And I think the game has grown beyond 'gain 10 more levels to grow in power' to a point where, get certain gear to grow in power. I don't see any benefit in changing our cap from 70 to 80, it's entirely irrelevant.

Unless it is their intention to push the reset button on currently available gear. Who knows, maybe their hands are tied on creating cool new legendaries simply because of too many existing items that cause conflicts.

On the otherhand, the adv mode content from ROS was awesome, and it would suck to not get a new Act and set of bosses. A decent reason to raise the cap to 80 so the final boss isn't immediately killable.

With the introduction of seasons I don't think the shift to a higher level cap would be that hard to swallow. The ROS shift was before we had seasons and there was still the remnants of the auction house to contend with. I know lots of people have geared up non-season, but I would guess that most players like to start fresh each new season, so I could see them coinciding a new expansion with a new season – basically encouraging everyone to start playing back at level 1.

That said, keeping it at 70 would be fine too, honestly.

Regarding a new act I'd like it just for the monsters/zones/bounties, and to play through once just for kicks. Even if the story is just an excuse to shove new zones/monsters into the existing randomized content, I'd be fine with that.

Hoping to see:
*One new set for all the classes and rebalancing for the sets that are obviously weak. Hope they don't abandon buffing/reworking old sets simply because 2.4's main focus was on this. There are some very fun but also pretty bad sets out there like Wrath of Wastes for Barbs, Shadow's/Firebird's for DH's/Wizards (these two unfortunately ate too many nerfs on the ptr), and pretty much every 6 piece for monks lol.
*Some sort of endgame content outside of GR's similar to PoE's raid dungeons/bosses. Would be awesome to get some very challenging set bosses/dungeons with a specific reward or loot table.
*Legendary affixes for all the items that remain without one
*New legendary gems. It's about time we got a fire gem now that fire isn't the end all be all element.

My dream 2.5, would be nice just to get 2-3 of these though. Man, I really want to see a new diablo expansion announced soon though, this game is still missing so many awesome class archetypes: Rogue (melee assassin), Druid (Shapeshifter), and Necromancer are what I want to see.

I don't know what the POE raids are like, but that's kind of what they tried to do with the infernal machine zones. The problem is that those bosses quickly turned into a joke because the power level of gear has risen so much in the last few patches.

I do agree that having a few more "things" to do would be awesome. The bounties/rift/grift loop is pretty good at the moment, but it does get a bit tiresome once you're at the "endgame" (which, granted, takes a while to get to. I'm pretty close to that point this season). Once geared you are either completely breezing through TX, or pushing GRs to the nth degree. I would welcome a few more activities if they could make them feel worthwhile to do to avoid them becoming ghost towns. No idea how those would fit in to the current game environment but I think they could find a way.

And I don't think anyone would argue against wanting a new class. Definitely expansion material (just like Crusader was, of course), but that would be awesome.

Top Bottom