• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Baliis

Im so close to 70 on my sader, but its gonna be a fuck fest until I can get the shield. There's like a 5 second period where all my CDs are down and I just get trained. If I could cut that down to always have something up id be solid.

Cleared GRift 73 today, fuck this. I got legit mad at some rifts because of mob density, wasted a few key because there were no elites, only groups of blues with 4-5 enemies, screw that. 70 is already a farming level, 71 is ok, 72 is doable but 73 is a PITA so far. I'm actually impressed that I manged to get this far without using Caldessan tbh.

Xanathus

jeJv3TW.jpg

:D

GR 74? You wizards are just adorable.

bP2gEWm.png

zanyu

WTF you guys are clearing 75? God damn, I struggled to clear 73 on my barb.

I made within 2 seconds on that run. It seems that I struggle on rift guardians, which barbs have always been weak against. Lots of AoE or uneven number of adds screws me over.

I obliterate RGs with my MotE barb, don't know what your issue is
I struggle with shitty maps (hello act 3 barracks) and garbage density. MotE works best when you can do a super big pack by leaping across the whole map and pulling the mobs the whole time

Insaniac

Just got back into this after stopping halfway through Season 4 (didn't even touch most aspects of patch 2.3, basically played with the Archon set a few days and stopped). wow, so much fun again, now that i have someone to play with. Playing a Crusader and picked up Heart of iron. SO MUCH THORNS DAMAGE.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Multiple chars per class per build (at least the ones that are annoying to switch between). Each char holds its own "spare" gear when logging out.

That's actually a really great idea, especially with now quick it is to level up new characters. Next season I might not rebirth anyone but instead just start a new character for alternate builds.

Right now I just use class mules to hold gear. It works, it's just not convenient.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The NA clan has max cap of members, it's named "NeoGAF Official Clan".
edit: Hmm I can't find it in the clan search, I think raticus might have made it private. Anyway you only need to post your ID in the thread to get an invite.

Yeah, I did that when they got the "add member" button working on the clan page to invite by battletag. We can show it again by choosing "looking for members" in the clan settings. When it's listed, we get about 5-10 random join requests a day, which is tedious so they tend to pile up. We just wound up relying on people posting join requests in practice anyway, so inviting by battletag is more efficient overall.

IceMarker

I need more ancient gear on my Crusader before I can start farming GR70s like the rest of you...

Yeah, I did that when they got the "add member" button working on the clan page to invite by battletag. We can show it again by choosing "looking for members" in the clan settings. When it's listed, we get about 5-10 random join requests a day, which is tedious so they tend to pile up. We just wound up relying on people posting join requests in practice anyway, so inviting by battletag is more efficient overall.
Agreed.

Baliis

Invoker is good enough for low 70s, just need optimal pieces. An Ancient Pigsticker goes a long way.

Did you do your 75 with invoker or LoN? I think I have the damage at least for like 71-72 right now with invoker, but like ive said in other posts, I really need the shield for better uptime on my defensive stuff. As soon as I end up with everything down I just fall over, but I can tank 2 elites easy when they're up. I would just play LoN bombardment since I have some good gear for it now, but man its so boring and awkward to play for me lol

Xanathus

Did you do your 75 with invoker or LoN? I think I have the damage at least for like 71-72 right now with invoker, but like ive said in other posts, I really need the shield for better uptime on my defensive stuff. As soon as I end up with everything down I just fall over, but I can tank 2 elites easy when they're up. I would just play LoN bombardment since I have some good gear for it now, but man its so boring and awkward to play for me lol

Did it with LoN. It really takes some getting used to playing with LoN, mainly about recognizing what the Physical CoE icon looks like and when it comes up. It's sorta like watching subtitles on an anime, you gotta keep an eye on the main screen to dodge enemies while also lookinga the buff icons in order to spam your debuffs and Bombardment when the rotation comes up, while at the same time using your defensive skills when you're about to get heavily damaged. I definitely can go higher than 75 because that was a mediocre rift and I died like 3 times.

Baliis

Did it with LoN. It really takes some getting used to playing with LoN, mainly about recognizing what the Physical CoE icon looks like and when it comes up. It's sorta like watching subtitles on an anime, you gotta keep an eye on the main screen to dodge enemies while also lookinga the buff icons in order to spam your debuffs and Bombardment when the rotation comes up, while at the same time using your defensive skills when you're about to get heavily damaged. I definitely can go higher than 75 because that was a mediocre rift and I died like 3 times.

Yea, I'm good on watching the CoE buff, it just feels so awkward. Im sure I just need practice, but I feel like half the time I hit bombardment and it just aims at random shit and doesn't hit anything, so sometimes it feels like it takes forever to kill something. I can see the potential for sure though, I still managed a 66 on my first try in a decent time and I still have room to upgrade there quite a bit.

What's the longest time you've spent crafting to get the perfect item?

My Pig Sticker is already over 30-40 million, still missing the elusive 10% CDR roll, currently at 7%. I'm trying to roll off the damage, so it is a pain in the ass to get it.

Hoping to start soon, but I'm still just messing around and trying different stuff out to see what's fun while collecting some pushing gear.

Good luck man, hope you manage to do it.

th3dude

I can probably push into the 60s on my Invoker set but have been gearing up a LeapQuake Barb instead. Damn you all for making it sound fun in Discord chat.

Ayumi

I just started GRifting, so I'm only on GR38 now, lolol. Using Firebird's and a generic 2H mace.

Almost done collecting everything I need for DMO so I can learn how to play that, then hopefully reach to the skiessss.

Hoping to reach high 40s tonight, at least. Got a looong way to go while upgrading my leg gems, paragons, and certain items for the cube.

Can't believe the late 30s and 40s were the top 1000 back when they implemented GRrifts.

Baliis

I just started GRifting, so I'm only on GR38 now, lolol. Using Firebird's and a generic 2H mace.

Almost done collecting everything I need for DMO so I can learn how to play that, then hopefully reach to the skiessss.

Hoping to reach high 40s tonight, at least. Got a looong way to go while upgrading my leg gems, paragons, and certain items for the cube.

Can't believe the late 30s and 40s were the top 1000 back when they implemented GRrifts.

I was rank 25 with like a 42 back in s1, before they did they patch anyways and screwed up the boards.

Dreavus

DMO is such a huge step up especially with the support legendaries that go with it. I have a garbage unstable scepter but I'm up to GR 59 and I think I can still push higher, even with sub-par gear.

mileS

Man it is hard to get Akarats Awakening from Kadala.... 18 crafted upgrades as well... no luck. I know I don't NEED it to start rockin with the Crusader but I want it. Geared it up Blood Shards and left over Barb gear. The shield is the last thing I'm missing.

Ultratech

Man it is hard to get Akarats Awakening from Kadala.... 18 crafted upgrades as well... no luck. I know I don't NEED it to start rockin with the Crusader but I want it. Geared it up Blood Shards and left over Barb gear. The shield is the last thing I'm missing.

I hear ya...I've gotten so many damn Jekangbords. (Makes for great transmog though.)

Kadala just doesn't wanna give me a good Shield.

Having to make use of a decent Stormshield until I can find something better.

At least I managed to nab a nice Ancient Heart of Iron last night, so I can hopefully push some more GRs now.

My Pig Sticker is already over 30-40 million, still missing the elusive 10% CDR roll, currently at 7%. I'm trying to roll off the damage, so it is a pain in the ass to get it.

Not looking forward to that. :\

The Ancient one I picked up only has 3/5 of desired stats, so I may have to make some more for that "perfect" one.

Ayumi

Very first grift on my wizard alt... ancient Wand of Woh
WoH brings back nighmares of excessive cooldown % and carpal tunnel (the way it was used before).

DMO is such a huge step up especially with the support legendaries that go with it. I have a garbage unstable scepter but I'm up to GR 59 and I think I can still push higher, even with sub-par gear.
That's good to hear, I tried DMO but it was really slow. The again, I had nothing in the cube, hadn't rerolled any of the set stats, and my cube was empty (plus lack of 3 flawless royal topaz.

Just really want a decent weapon soon to use with the infinity orb so I can switch over.

I got a CoE yesterday, and it helped a lot!

Heh, Akarat took me forever until one decent, not even near a good/perfect one.

Not looking forward to that. :\

The Ancient one I picked up only has 3/5 of desired stats, so I may have to make some more for that "perfect" one.

At least the chance is high using Kanai.

-----

Got another 2 gifts today, in consecutive rifts. The floods are open now.

th3dude

EQ barb is kinda fun
slow as fuck compared to raekor though

that's my record for speed in GR45 so far (similar to TX but no DB hassle)

RNGsus has blessed me with 4/6 Raekor set while trying to gear for EQ (2/6 so far), so I may have to run that for a while. Seeing those fast grifts looks awesome.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
getting curious about what's coming next in whatever patch 2.5 ends up being.

there's a lack of purpose to nephalem rifts now other than just farming them. hopefully they make some sort of end game there that doesnt involve GRs. Also bounties having a purpose other than to serve the kanai's cube would be nice.

I've been hoping they go full scale geared followers. 1. It helps stash space by covering a set or two or three by having them equipped on them and 2. it will help with solo'ers vs group play benefits. There is no reason followers are limited to what they are now.

Like imagine having a follower equipped in full earth set with lut socks and RROG and have him just leap and gather mobs for you while soloing!

there's a lack of purpose to nephalem rifts now other than just farming them. hopefully they make some sort of end game there that doesnt involve GRs. Also bounties having a purpose other than to serve the kanai's cube would be nice.

You need 5x each bounty mat (+50 Forgotten Souls) to reroll legendaries. Not just for extraction. That's one of the end-games.

Dahbomb

No idea really.

They will probably add Legendary affixes to the remaining Legendaries without one. Maybe add a set per class (DH still needs a Grenade/Spike Trap set for example).

Beyond that it's impossible to say.

Think I'm starting to burn out. Wiz has mostly (there's still some upgrades, but they have to be ancient) GG gear, and I don't really have the stash space necessary to play my other characters. I don't know if I have it in me to level X gems to 70+ to burn on the despair recipe.

And I finished the seasonal journey, so nothing compelling there anymore.

ashot_jugg.gif

Top Bottom