• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Celegus

LoN bomber is no joke. I barely cleared a 68 with Roland's then threw together a farfrom optimal LoN setup and crushed 69 first time using the build. Want to try to replace some useless stuff and hopefully get ancient rings before I try pushing too much harder, but I'm getting close.

Baliis

LoN bomber is no joke. I barely cleared a 68 with Roland's then threw together a farfrom optimal LoN setup and crushed 69 first time using the build. Want to try to replace some useless stuff and hopefully get ancient rings before I try pushing too much harder, but I'm getting close.

Man, I had a GG rift for doing a 74 last night, but then there were like no elites and the second floor turned into a total train wreck. I def think I could do it with invoker though. Wonder what I could push with bombard since my gear is actually better there.

Alienups

Anyone in the EU clan playing hardcore this season ? Only have the reach level 70 in hardcore left to finish my seasonal journey but im not exactly excited to level up another char on my own. Wouldnt mind a powerlevel or some people to group with.

th3dude

RNGsus was kind to me last night and wouldn't let me go to bed.

Completed both my Might of the Earth set and Raekor set last night. Also got a pair of Lut Socks to cube.

Was running GR40s in about 3 minutes with Furious Charge and hit GR55 with Leapquake. Not sure which to focus on moving forward. Leapquake is a little more satisfying, but you can't beat the speed of FC.

RNGsus was kind to me last night and wouldn't let me go to bed.

Completed both my Might of the Earth set and Raekor set last night. Also got a pair of Lut Socks to cube.

Was running GR40s in about 3 minutes with Furious Charge and hit GR55 with Leapquake. Not sure which to focus on moving forward. Leapquake is a little more satisfying, but you can't beat the speed of FC.

Push with MotE, farm with raekor.
MotE is really tanky and not too stressful to play (so easier push), but is a real slog when you want to farm bounties or TX

Nice. Congrats! Love how Etched Sigil is basically cast on attack like in D2. How often did you die? Seems a lot more squishier than Arcane Orbit.

You take Blur with the build. Tried it with different passives, but you definitely need the flat damage reduction. Died maybe 3 times. More than that and I just quit the rift unless I'm otherwise far ahead.

Firemind

You take Blur with the build. Tried it with different passives, but you definitely need the flat damage reduction. Died maybe 3 times. More than that and I just quit the rift unless I'm otherwise far ahead.
Haha, so basically I need more flat damage reduction on HC. Back to the drawing board!

th3dude

Push with MotE, farm with raekor.
MotE is really tanky and not too stressful to play (so easier push), but is a real slog when you want to farm bounties or TX

Yea, in my limited experience so far I'm seeing the same. Probably a good idea.

While I love my Invokers Crusader, the speed and hard hitting nature of the Barb builds is drawing me right now.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yea, in my limited experience so far I'm seeing the same. Probably a good idea.

While I love my Invokers Crusader, the speed and hard hitting nature of the Barb builds is drawing me right now.

crusader hits harder and will probably be faster outside of raekor speed farming with bug abuse, will also end up at a much higher gr ceiling compared to mote barb (the gear u need to make crusader work is much harder to farm tho since it's LoN)

mote is easier to play but raekor's has a much higher gr cap (but with some fishing) cuz of a bug

eek5

Thorns in general is crazy. I put together my invoker set last night and ran a 68. I'm not even sure how the skills work or what they do but stuff was dying lol

I'm trying to do a GR55 on one of the other sets. It seems like I have most of the pieces for each one but missing one key ingredient for each build (akkhan's leniency, guard of johanna) :/ Blew all my mats on flails. So much regret.

Dreavus

I finally put together the speed farming Wizard build last night before bed (I found a really nice Wand of Woh too) and holy shit it's absolutely hilarious. When In-geom is up you are almost literally a force of nature, running around with constant explosions and ice blasts everywhere, it just looks ridiculous. I might try and level a lightning wreath for the additional movement speed boost too.

Hopefully it works okay for bounties as well since I'm planning on doing a bunch of those. I imagine it would be a bit harder to have the In-geom uptime but that shouldn't be a huge problem.

eek5

I finally put together the speed farming Wizard build last night before bed (I found a really nice Wand of Woh too) and holy shit it's absolutely hilarious. When In-geom is up you are almost literally a force of nature, running around with constant explosions and ice blasts everywhere, it just looks ridiculous. I might try and level a lightning wreath for the additional movement speed boost too.

Hopefully it works okay for bounties as well since I'm planning on doing a bunch of those. I imagine it would be a bit harder to have the In-geom uptime but that shouldn't be a huge problem.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70467-2-4-blades-multi-purpose-speed-non-in-geom-700-db

This is a much more relaxed bounty build IMO since you have infinite teleport

Firemind

I made a Barbarian, but oh my god this looks tempting... I loathe doing bounties, they are the worst thing in this game after the campaign and anything that makes them shorter is welcome.
I play Wizard this season and let me tell you, it's so much easier to WW through maps. Get Warzechian, Boon of the Hoarder and Wreath of Lightning and you'll be faster than any Wizard.

Teleport is so laggy in this game it's awful. And the range. I can't even teleport over a bridge unless I hit the switch in the Act 3 barracks. Bloody hell.

Baliis

I play Wizard this season and let me tell you, it's so much easier to WW through maps. Get Warzechian, Boon of the Hoarder and Wreath of Lightning and you'll be faster than any Wizard.

Teleport is so laggy in this game it's awful. And the range. I can't even teleport over a bridge unless I hit the switch in the Act 3 barracks.

You can't teleport anywhere you don't have a direct walking path to iirc. Like in the jail map, you can't teleport into some of the cells until you break the door, and on ruins of Corvus you can't teleport into certain rooms until the door is open.

Syntsui

Teleport is so laggy in this game it's awful. And the range. I can't even teleport over a bridge unless I hit the switch in the Act 3 barracks. Bloody hell.

Oh well... good to know. It seems the only good teleport is the one from the Monks.

Firemind

You can't teleport anywhere you don't have a direct walking path to iirc. Like in the jail map, you can't teleport into some of the cells until you break the door, and on ruins of Corvus you can't teleport into certain rooms until the door is open.
Which is utter bollocks. You had one job, Blizzard.

Oh well... good to know. It seems the only good teleport is the one from the Monks.
Get Sprint (Marathon) as well. Chilanik's Chain too if you have gg gear.

Syntsui

Which is utter bollocks. You had one job, Blizzard.

Get Sprint (Marathon) as well. Chilanik's Chain too if you have gg gear.

Today is the first day I will be able to play properly (in a few hours), I will check my ID and try to get in the GAF Clan if possible, American server. I'm literally starting from scratch, so I guess it will take at least a week (I'll be busy this weekend) to get proper gear.

mileS

This may have been the case in previous seasons but not this one. WW is very very far behind the flashfire and build eek posted a link for. Yes you can move really fast, but if you are actually farming DB's you need to stop and click anyway. The build eek posted shreds through things insanely fast.

Yes for TX just about anything geared and set up the right way will power through, but I wouldn't put the WW barb anywhere close to the 2 Wiz farming specs. IK/Raekor is really fast, but it becomes hard to pick up DB's when your run speed gets as fast as it does. To top it off IK/Raekor only starts to shine with thicker density and slightly higher mob HP pools that you can't get in TX solo. I may be slightly overreacting but after playing both Barb and Wiz this season, the experience is much smoother with the Wiz, on top of actually getting more DB's as well.

a few quick questions for PS4...

Started playing last night and made it to the skeleton king. I then cut it off for some sleep.

1) Is there an auction house in the game?
2) Do you have to beat the game (all acts on all difficulty levels) before you can do the paragons (spelling???) and or rifts?
3) How hard is it to get into multiplayer if none of my friends play the game?

I said goddamn

1454010210-lmaotalrasha.png

blew 500 death's breath in the cube set recipe and I only got garbage, then I got this lmao
Now I "only" have to get a wand of woh

Firemind

This may have been the case in previous seasons but not this one. WW is very very far behind the flashfire and build eek posted a link for. Yes you can move really fast, but if you are actually farming DB's you need to stop and click anyway. The build eek posted shreds through things insanely fast.

Yes for TX just about anything geared and set up the right way will power through, but I wouldn't put the WW barb anywhere close to the 2 Wiz farming specs. IK/Raekor is really fast, but it becomes hard to pick up DB's when your run speed gets as fast as it does. To top it off IK/Raekor only starts to shine with thicker density and slightly higher mob HP pools that you can't get in TX solo. I may be slightly overreacting but after playing both Barb and Wiz this season, the experience is much smoother with the Wiz, on top of actually getting more DB's as well.
I mean, WW doesn't make me want to drive my head through a wall. Breaking doors just so I can continue teleporting... I can't.

Raekor is poop if you don't have anything to hit.

Jrmint

Started playing last night and made it to the skeleton king. I then cut it off for some sleep.

2) Do you have to beat the game (all acts on all difficulty levels) before you can do the paragons (spelling???) and or rifts?
1. No
2. Adventure Mode unlock after you beat the story one time, doesn't matter difficulty. Rifts and Bounties are in adventure mode. Paragon levels unlock when you hit level 70.
3. There is public matchmaking, but I think most people on console glitch so it may not be worth it.

dog$

Hates quality gaming

1) No.
2) At 60, you can choose Torment difficulty. Paragon Levels don't begin until you hit 70. Regular rifts are available once you have your first character beat all acts. Greater Rifts are inaccessible to sub 70 characters.
3) Do not play in public games. Join the D3 PS4 GAF group or other PS4 groups, or look around various threads at battle.net or elsewhere to find people who want to play. Do not play in public games.

I mean, WW doesn't make me want to drive my head through a wall. Breaking doors just so I can continue teleporting... I can't.

You don't give a fuck if you have nothing to hit, 200% MS motherfucker
Also you can hit destroyable items and it counts for charge refunds so it's hardly ever a problem
2'30 average TX clear time, 2'15 for gr45

th3dude

3) Do not play in public games. Join the D3 PS4 GAF group or other PS4 groups, or look around various threads at battle.net or elsewhere to find people who want to play. Do not play in public games.

Seriously. Don't play in public games on console. Ever.

eek5

Should also mention that #3 isn't because people are dickbags online (although a lot are). People with hacked saves can fuck your save up if you join their public game. Basically give you everything/hacked levels/items and make the whole thing not fun.

Syntsui

I've just got home and entered the GAF community and asked for an invite for the NEOGAF Overflow clan, is that the one you guys are from?

Oh, and my ID is Syntsui #1490.

Baliis

I've just got home and entered the GAF community and asked for an invite for the NEOGAF Overflow clan, is that the one you guys are from?

Oh, and my ID is Syntsui #1490.

There's an actual GAF clan as well, but it doesn't show up when you search, people would just randomly request invites, so its easier just to hide it and invite people when they ask

Syntsui

There's an actual GAF clan as well, but it doesn't show up when you search, people would just randomly request invites, so its easier just to hide it and invite people when they ask
Can you invite me? Or is there a specific user that can do that?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

use an in-geom with raekor and u charge around 1 shotting everything and completing the rift in 2-3 mins

Lain

Completed my first GR60 solo and although it's pitiful compared to what you guys can clear (those high 70), it made me feel good. I have still a lot to go as I'm still missing many ancient items and items with the right stats (although the profile seems to not be up to date, since I logged off at 398 Paragons, with an Ancient Harness of Truth and all gems at rank 35).

Top Bottom