• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Celegus

And you didn't ask me like, this whole week that I've been playing my HC wiz? I'm hurt.

I didn't even realize that was one of the things until a day or two ago when I finally got 3 gems to 55. I've been slacking off on those GRs until recently.

mileS

Cleared GR70 on my Invoker Punish Crusader today like it was nothing. Gear slapped together from Blood Shards and a few left over pieces from the Barb. After playing that and LoN Bombardment I have to say Crusader is going to be my main this season. Wish I had started with that over my Barb. Barb will eventually get some support action going but I give up on the rest for now.

On another note. What are some fun Class sets to run GR55's with? Want to finish that off soon.

IlludiumQ36

Hurrah, another Ancient set piece added to my Barbarian. That's now my shoulder/gloves/chest/belt/weapon as Ancients. That +stat from legendary gem recipe is so good and compelling to do once you start getting Ancient gear.

Wait...what? Did I miss a bullet point in the patch notes?

eek5

Yes. You can enchant ancient gear with +stats using legendary gems and flawless royals. +5 stat per gem level. So, a level 70 gem gives 350 for example.

That feel when you grind out a level 70 gem, add 350 main stat to your item then get an upgrade from the next rift.
I wouldn't even be mad

kuYuri

Anyone else getting moments of bad lag in this game lately? I've been getting them non-stop this season. It's never been this bad before.

Anyone else getting moments of bad lag in this game lately? I've been getting them non-stop this season. It's never been this bad before.

I have been getting lag spikes on random occasions. It's to the point where my character actually goes into reverse and places me back to where I was a couple seconds prior. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough where I'm not playing the game as much due to it. My internet connection is solid with everything else.

neoism

lol this build is hilarious.... 4-9 bill crits... stil not TX reeady not sure though..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/71539887
jG18O40.png

nin1000

Banned
Since this is my first sorcerer since Vanilla D3. Is it viable to go pure int with her ?
Sorry for the dumb question, but at the moment i just lack Arcane power to keep spamming Disintegrate. currently at Greater Rifts 19,

Baliis

Since this is my first sorcerer since Vanilla D3. Is it viable to go pure int with her ?
Sorry for the dumb question, but at the moment i just lack Arcane power to keep spamming Disintegrate. currently at Greater Rifts 19,

Theres a belt that decreases the cost of disintegrate by like up to 65% i think? Aim to get that. Or aim for something like Shame of Delsere that gives you tons of extra AP when you use a signature spell to top yourself off faster.

nin1000

Banned
Theres a belt that decreases the cost of disintegrate by like up to 65% i think? Aim to get that. Or aim for something like Shame of Delsere that gives you tons of extra AP when you use a signature spell to top yourself off faster.

Thanks, trying to get those 2 firebird items in order to get the bonus and lower the cost of disintegrate. Since i have 2 already

Zaru

I have been getting lag spikes on random occasions. It's to the point where my character actually goes into reverse and places me back to where I was a couple seconds prior. Doesn't happen all the time but often enough where I'm not playing the game as much due to it. My internet connection is solid with everything else.

And here I was thinking it was just a problem on my side. Been noticing it too (Central Europe)

Firemind

Thanks, trying to get those 2 firebird items in order to get the bonus and lower the cost of disintegrate. Since i have 2 already
you can't lower the cost with firebirds, but you can generally spam disintegrate if you use arcane presence, use the templar for more resource generation and dump your paragon points in resource cost reduction with maybe the shoulders for additional cost reduction.

firebirds/tal rasha is definitely the way to go if you want to speed farm. delsere is too slow and vyr too finicky and specialized.

nin1000

Banned
you can't lower the cost with firebirds, but you can generally spam disintegrate if you use arcane presence, use the templar for more resource generation and dump your paragon points in resource cost reduction with maybe the shoulders for additional cost reduction.

firebirds/tal rasha is definitely the way to go if you want to speed farm. delsere is too slow and vyr too finicky and specialized.

Thank you very much for that input !

...with maybe the shoulders for additional cost reduction.

what shoulders do you suggest by that ?

Dahbomb

He is saying you should reroll a stat on your Shoulders to Reduce resource cost by X%. Once you have the full Firebird set you can probably use the Mantle of Channeling shoulders to compliment your build.

Firemind

Thank you very much for that input !

what shoulders do you suggest by that ?
any shoulder. you can change any of the four main affixes with the mystic artisan. with shoulders you usually have a free slot, since you want int/vit/armor or life%. so the opportunity cost of resource cost reduction on shoulders is low. you definitely don't want resource cost reduction on gloves, amulet and rings.

i do not recommend changing legendary shoulders with the artisan though, since changing it costs a forgotten soul and a death's breath, which are hard to come by when you're just starting in the season. just keep an eye on items that already have resource cost reduction by default.

Nokterian

Keep failing level 70 greater rift..ugh i need more ancients or the LoN Bombardment set to even make it hell can't even do it on my leap barb yet either.

IceMarker

I cannot for the life of me break GR70 with Invoker Crusader, and I don't have enough ancient items to do an LoN build either. Not to mention the bullshit RNG when it comes to monster types, elite affixes, and floor layout.

Razakin

I cannot for the life of me break GR70 with Invoker Crusader, and I don't have enough ancient items to do an LoN build either. Not to mention the bullshit RNG when it comes to monster types, elite affixes, and floor layout.

Is there a reason why you're using Blessed Hammer instead of Punish? Also, why no Aquila Cuirass on cube? (Of course, my point might be useless, as who knows if you've changed builds between your post and now).

Also, Hack is kinda meh even for Invoker, as it doesn't work with the Invoker's 6pc bonus at all. And with Pig Sticker, you do get more attacks = more Invoker 2pc bonus stack + more Bane of the Stricken increases on bosses etc. And Akarat's Awakening should be useful, as you do block a shitton, thus making cooldowns go down nicely on soloplay, which again gives more survivability thanks to Iron Skin.

Otherwise it might just be not enough paragon levels / ancient gear that might be screwing you. Haven't yet myself checked if GR65+ is how tough for my Crusader.

IceMarker

Is there a reason why you're using Blessed Hammer instead of Punish? Also, why no Aquila Cuirass on cube? (Of course, my point might be useless, as who knows if you've changed builds between your post and now).

Also, Hack is kinda meh even for Invoker, as it doesn't work with the Invoker's 6pc bonus at all. And with Pig Sticker, you do get more attacks = more Invoker 2pc bonus stack + more Bane of the Stricken increases on bosses etc. And Akarat's Awakening should be useful, as you do block a shitton, thus making cooldowns go down nicely on soloplay, which again gives more survivability thanks to Iron Skin.

Otherwise it might just be not enough paragon levels / ancient gear that might be screwing you. Haven't yet myself checked if GR65+ is how tough for my Crusader.

I edited out the link because the website hasn't updated my profile properly yet. I'm using Aquila Cuirass in the cube as well as Blood Brother and CoE.

If I could even get an Akarat's Awakening to begin with... Kadala being the bitch she is and all.

I guess I'm hitting that point again where I buckle down for the long haul farming or quit until next season. I want that last damn portrait though. Just need GR70 solo and three Level 65 gems.

Razakin

If I could even get an Akarat's Awakening to begin with... Kadala being the bitch she is and all.

I guess I'm hitting that point again where I buckle down for the long haul farming or quit until next season. I want that last damn portrait though. Just need GR70 solo and three Level 65 gems.
Yeah, Kadala seems to be stingier and stingier every season, took me a long time to get AA, and now she won't even drop ancient Aquila Cuirass, preferably with STR, VIT and all res rolled onto it.

And yeah, probably you do need to buckle down for long haul farming, especially to get some ancient gear and enchant them with some legendary gems to get more STR out of them. Which is my fate too I guess.

Ultratech

Yeah, Kadala seems to be stingier and stingier every season, took me a long time to get AA, and now she won't even drop ancient Aquila Cuirass, preferably with STR, VIT and all res rolled onto it.

tfw Kadala finally gives you an AA but has terrible rolls...

Hell, with all the crap I've been gathering, I might need to look into if I can start pulling off LoN Bombardment.

biaxident

Unlocked my stash tab finally, glad thats over with. Did a GR63 with a charge barb, but man some RGs just 1 shot me, so squishy. Probably not gonna push further really, can finally focus more on hardcore, good times. Hope its not as laggy as last night, would have lost a toon cause of that.

Wow, getting a Blade of Tribes and a Furnace is absolute hell.

Blade of Tribes is rare as fuck. I've had 4 furnace drop and only got my Blade of Tribes from upgrading rare to legendary and the best I can get is 3600 dps which did GR68 not so badly for a low dps 2h. I havn't pushed further because what's the point without an ancient one. The dmg difference is staggering, 4200dps vs 3600.

Top Bottom