• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Xanathus

Had a bit of a surprise - it turns out the LoN bats build doesn't rely on bats for damage at all - that spell is just used for the defensive benefits granted by legendaries. The pets are doing the heavy lifting. Time to reroll my elemental damage to cold, heh
Yo boy get your WD set up for ZDPS build and we and eek and someone else can go farm GR80sssss

ferr

Been really enjoying Lightning RoV on my DH, but I think I'm starting to top out at GR60 with the gear I have. I've preferred using Fulminator/Wolf Companion instead of FoV/LGF, so that could be a valid reason it's not outputting enough damage. Here's my guy http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 -- switched him to FoV/LGF before logging out but have yet to try it out. I don't like having Vengeance on left-click now that I need to use FoV which for some odd reason doesn't allow mapping to lc.

I'm considering switching to UE, but my yang's is non-ancient, so..

Addnan

Been really enjoying Lightning RoV on my DH, but I think I'm starting to top out at GR60 with the gear I have. I've preferred using Fulminator/Wolf Companion instead of FoV/LGF, so that could be a valid reason it's not outputting enough damage. Here's my guy http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ferr-1693/hero/6314719 -- switched him to FoV/LGF before logging out but have yet to try it out. I don't like having Vengeance on left-click now that I need to use FoV which for some odd reason doesn't allow mapping to lc.

I'm considering switching to UE, but my yang's is non-ancient, so..
You need so much more cdr. you only have one cdr roll on your gear. and put dawn in your main hand it isn't. RoV scales of main hand and your nats bow is non ancient.

ferr

You need so much more cdr. you only have one cdr roll on your gear. and put dawn in your main hand it isn't. RoV scales of main hand and your nats bow is non ancient.

Ah thanks, had no idea about rov scaling like that! What's the recommended cdr needed?

Addnan

Ah thanks, had no idea about rov scaling like that! What's the recommended cdr needed?

The permanent uptime of vengeance is what you should be aiming for which is around 38% with a 65% Dawn, but you will need a little bit more because of 62%. roll it onto your weapons and shoulder. Attack speed is not great with this spec either, so would look for new gloves. probably vit gloves.

Frist welcome back,second are you in EU or US? If you are EU we can help you. But first you need to kill Zoltun Kule in torment 2 to get 4 pieces of the set. After that do a greater rift 20 to complete your firebird set.

I am on EU! Based in the UK so GMT times. Looking at the link, I think it should be ok to get the set it's just in between that and I guess farming the other pieces of the build. I need to speed it up. I should probably do more playing and more farming haha.

BTW if you are slow in T1 I'd just switch to farming normal. No benefit really in killing stuff slowly. Gear is what you need.

Doesn't some gear only drop in T1 or harder difficulties?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Been collecting gear to give the Thrill conquest a try. Hell, this is not going to be easy. I have been playing UE on my DH this season and loving it, but this no set bonus thing seems insane.

I currently have a "UE-lite" build going for my DH with Vision of Gunes, Cindercoat, an Ancient Yang's and a couple other pieces. My cube is Dawn, Leoric's Crown (to get the CDR needed for full vengence uptime), and Convention of Elements. I jumped into a Grift just to test the damage out, and got my ass kicked. I was barely able to kill trash, and the elites were almost impossible. When convention of elements was on fire the damage was almost enough to kill trash. When it wasn't I was basically useless.

Anyone have any tips on doing this with a DH?

Dahbomb

Been collecting gear to give the Thrill conquest a try. Hell, this is not going to be easy. I have been playing UE on my DH this season and loving it, but this no set bonus thing seems insane.

I currently have a "UE-lite" build going for my DH with Vision of Gunes, Cindercoat, an Ancient Yang's and a couple other pieces. My cube is Dawn, Leoric's Crown (to get the CDR needed for full vengence uptime), and Convention of Elements. I jumped into a Grift just to test the damage out, and got my ass kicked. I was barely able to kill trash, and the elites were almost impossible. When convention of elements was on fire the damage was almost enough to kill trash. When it wasn't I was basically useless.

Anyone have any tips on doing this with a DH?
You got Deadman's Legacy, Ballistics passive and leveled up gems?

I got on first try with lvl30 gems Bane of Trapped/Stricken and Zwei's. Also if you are running Bane of Trapped then you need to have Thrill of the Hunt passive to proc Bane of Trapped. The other Passives you also want all damage talents (like Cull of the Weak).

Other pieces you should use: Magefists, Witching Hour belt, the Generator bracers, Andariel's helm etc.

For skills I got the Wolf Companion in there for extra damage.

Is your bow ancient with Ramaladni's Gift? That makes big impact too.

Survivability isn't an issue it's damage. Getting stuff like a Fire Andariel's, Witching Hour makes a difference. Also you can try Hexing Pants but you need to studder step a lot to make it worth, not sure if it is in reality even though on paper it would be a significant boost.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You got Deadman's Legacy, Ballistics passive and leveled up gems?

I got on first try with lvl30 gems Bane of Trapped/Stricken and Zwei's. Also if you are running Bane of Trapped then you need to have Thrill of the Hunt passive to proc Bane of Trapped. The other Passives you also want all damage talents (like Cull of the Weak).

Other pieces you should use: Magefists, Witching Hour belt, the Generator bracers, Andariel's helm etc.

For skills I got the Wolf Companion in there for extra damage.

Is your bow ancient with Ramaladni's Gift? That makes big impact too.

Survivability isn't an issue it's damage. Getting stuff like a Fire Andariel's, Witching Hour makes a difference. Also you can try Hexing Pants but you need to studder step a lot to make it worth, not sure if it is in reality even though on paper it would be a significant boost.

I haven't found a gift yet this season. @_@
I rolled a socket onto the bow in the meantime and will re-roll the socket for whatever else when I find one.

I'll see if I can find a Fire Andariel's and a Witching hour. Thanks!

eek5

I haven't found a gift yet this season. @_@
I rolled a socket onto the bow in the meantime and will re-roll the socket for whatever else when I find one.

I'll see if I can find a Fire Andariel's and a Witching hour. Thanks!

The biggest thing for the thrill is to get an ancient weapon. Gives you so much more wiggle room to complete the rift.

So tax season started for my office today, which means I'll be playing a lot less until April 15th. I went on a weekend D3 binge, culminating last night with me finally finishing my Helltooth, Zuni's, Arachyr’s, and Manajuma's sets, and also getting some much needed legendaries to round out my Jade set and Carneval build (Quetzalcoatl and Dagger of Darts). There is no better feeling in gaming than getting a spree of good item drops. I'm particularly stoked about finishing the Arachyr’s + Manajuma's sets because now I can speed run bounties. Last season when I played DH I was always jealous of my WD teammates who could zip around the map.

Dreavus

Ironically once I got a nice Speed rift built I started playing less and less, lol.

I might push for the extra stash tab but that's going to be a lot of rifts to go through. I spent a lot of time on a Boon of the hoarder which can't get up to 55 anyways, so that means yet another gem from rank 1.

I figure the grift 45 no set and the gold conquests are the easiest but I'm surprised I haven't finished the gold one already with hoarder at rank 50.

Baliis

I got frigging one shotted by the T7 act 1 keywarden despite the other normal enemies doing like no damage to me. It even broke through Unstable Anomaly.

Oof. hope you have some backup gear at least. I'll be in tonight as usual if you're around and I can get you back up.

Worst case scenario for me, id lose my Tals stuff and gems, but I have another wiz already leveled that I can just jump right back into with delseres.

I feel you though with that wtf damage. On t10 sometimes, I'll tele into an electric elite and proc in like one second. I haven't done a grift since I did my 50 and almost ate shit on the RG rofl.

eek5

what's the easiest conquest to do? i'm guessing its the run Act I through V in under an hour

That's one of the harder ones IMO. Requires a group and good knowledge of campaign.

Check the leaderboard for it. Are there even 1000 people that have done it?

Fastest 3 is probably:
50mil gold, GR45 no set, 50mil gold HC or GR45 no set HC (crusader probably)

you can use bounty bags for the 50mil gold pickup

6 sets is also easy but requires a lot of farming.

Celegus

what's the easiest conquest to do? i'm guessing its the run Act I through V in under an hour
That one is super hard actually. 45 no set items is easy if you have some good gear, on crusader at least it was a cinch with blessed shield. The gold one is pretty easy too just put paragon points into gold find on t10 rifts and carry a goldskin/kymbo amulet/leoric crown with emerald in your inventory until you come across a gilded baron goblin to slap on quick. He should drop like 80m if you have enough gold bonus, it's easy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I think the most consistent one is the 50Mil Gold one. Lots of people say you can complete it accidentally when running into a Gilded Baron. That didn't work for me, but if you have lots of Gold Find stuff on (or high paragon + some gold find) it might.

However, the 50 Mil one can be completely and 100% reliably. Do bounties until you have 110 or so Torment X bounty caches (3 stash tabs and a few more). Then max out your gold find gear and open them all at once. Instant complete. Add +10 or so caches if you think your gold find is low (at a minimum max out the paragon ones). 100% reliable and reproducible. It isn't necessarily easy or fast, but it will ALWAYS work. Which is nice in this game of unpredictable drops.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
huh, okay. i guess the gold one sounds easier than i had originally thought it would be. the number scared me off.

i guess ill start storing up for the bounty one, otherwise ill try and do some gold-gear rifting and maybe hit a baron in the meantime.

Baliis

I think the most consistent one is the 50Mil Gold one. Lots of people say you can complete it accidentally when running into a Gilded Baron. That didn't work for me, but if you have lots of Gold Find stuff on (or high paragon + some gold find) it might.

However, the 50 Mil one can be completely and 100% reliably. Do bounties until you have 110 or so Torment X bounty caches (3 stash tabs and a few more). Then max out your gold find gear and open them all at once. Instant complete. Add +10 or so caches if you think your gold find is low (at a minimum max out the paragon ones). 100% reliable and reproducible. It isn't necessarily easy or fast, but it will ALWAYS work. Which is nice in this game of unpredictable drops.

It also requires you to have stash room for that many caches and to bother doing that many bounties. Obviously you've never played with me

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It also requires you to have stash room for that many caches and to bother doing that many bounties. Obviously you've never played with me

I hear you. I am not a hoarder in this game. I agressively disenchant the random legendary drops I get when they are not direct upgrades or useful for one of my other characters. I have maybe 2 extra sets for my DH (Marauders and the Shadow set + the UE one I wear), and I don't really have alts.

The method isn't for everyone, but it WORKS and has almost no randomness, which is what is important. I can't fault anyone for not wanting to do it, but it is possible.

EDIT: I am being told my a friend that Gold Find doesn't affect the boxes at all. Either when you get them or open them. What torment level you get the box at is the only thing that matters. He was getting about 520k per box, no paragon points in GF and no GF on gear. Which makes the total needed right about 100 (~98). This is Torment X. Take that as you will.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I hear you. I am not a hoarder in this game. I agressively disenchant the random legendary drops I get when they are not direct upgrades or useful for one of my other characters. I have maybe 2 extra sets for my DH (Marauders and the Shadow set + the UE one I wear), and I don't really have alts.

The method isn't for everyone, but it WORKS and has almost no randomness, which is what is important. I can't fault anyone for not wanting to do it, but it is possible.

EDIT: I am being told my a friend that Gold Find doesn't affect the boxes at all. Either when you get them or open them. What torment level you get the box at is the only thing that matters. He was getting about 520k per box, no paragon points in GF and no GF on gear. Which makes the total needed right about 100 (~98). This is Torment X. Take that as you will.

do the bonus caches carry the same amount of gold?

Firemind

I was planning on cubing In-geom but then this dropped

4OWE8bw.jpg

Um should I use this or a non-ancient Wand of Woh?

Dont know if this was asked before. Thread is too long to read back.

I am working on the season journey, 4 minute TX rift. Does the timer stop as soon as you kill the guardian? Or do you have to speak to Orek within the 4 minute timer, too?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yo boy get your WD set up for ZDPS build and we and eek and someone else can go farm GR80sssss

Hmm, I probably do have the gear for that now and it was the original plan... will sort out my inventory while they sort out the server troubles.

eek5

Thanks for letting me know. I've been working on it for a good hour, and not picking up precious materials. Still no luck. Playing a FC barb, btw. Just need this and "the thrill" to get the stash tab.

if you're on US i can help you out in one or 2 runs probably

eek5

Yes I play on the US server, but I'm on a different timezone. I'm off to work now, so maybe I'll hit you up on the weekend. Boybrushdred#1332

cool hit me up whenever eek1673

i play at 7am PST on weekdays sometimes too if you catch me in the morning

shouldn't take more than 5 runs

Xanathus

Oof. hope you have some backup gear at least. I'll be in tonight as usual if you're around and I can get you back up.

Worst case scenario for me, id lose my Tals stuff and gems, but I have another wiz already leveled that I can just jump right back into with delseres.

I feel you though with that wtf damage. On t10 sometimes, I'll tele into an electric elite and proc in like one second. I haven't done a grift since I did my 50 and almost ate shit on the RG rofl.

I got a powerlevel from one of the Seasonal Powerleveling HC communities, thanks for the offer.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Cahces and Bonus Caches both carry exactly 520,000 gold on Torment X. You need exactly 98 boxes to hit the achievement.

Top Bottom