• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Lain

I took a look at how to do the delsere dungeon set (the catching 30 mobs with a bubble part, to be specific) and I kept seeing videos showing how easy it supposedly was, yet I just couldn't manage to do it like they did. The video showed people finding a lot of mobs, casting the bubble 3 times with a little offset and getting the objective done, while I'd at most get it to only register once, or telling me I caught 25-29 mobs and then not giving me other updates after I bunched up more mobs together.

Reading a comment on one of the video got me up to speed, turns out that they fixed it so once a mob has been caught in a bubble once, it doesn't count anymore. I guess that's fine if the mobs cleared 1/3 of the objective, but why do it even if the number is lower than 30.

So anyways, now I've resorted to use Tornado with the bracer to make it easier to bunch them up and then bubble them but I don't know... I'm not finding the dungeon set goals, and the dungeon sets themselves, much fun.

Should I keep rerolling for a socket?

5NdrIO0.png

Saprol

Yay. Full shadow mantle set now. Ricochet doesn't get rid of nonstop swarms of small monsters though. Had a bad time trying to run through Adria's bounty.

biaxident

Managed to complete a 6 set on hardcore finally, really wish the haedrigs gift was for both hc and sc and not just account. It's really funny seeing people with full sets doing t3 pubs, once I got my 6 pc it's straight to t6 for me. Helps to have blade of prophecy and condemn shield, 1 shots everything. There is about 6 secs of downtime of ahkhans where I gotta make sure I don't die, but that's what makes hardcore fun.

Baliis

Managed to complete a 6 set on hardcore finally, really wish the haedrigs gift was for both hc and sc and not just account. It's really funny seeing people with full sets doing t3 pubs, once I got my 6 pc it's straight to t6 for me. Helps to have blade of prophecy and condemn shield, 1 shots everything. There is about 6 secs of downtime of ahkhans where I gotta make sure I don't die, but that's what makes hardcore fun.

You on US or EU? Need more HC people to play with on US.

Got the 77 down on my sader, but had a 20sec timer death on the RG that put me behind xanathus's time.

edit:
Decided to try one rift, step it up guys
ifcfZYx.png

Firemind

Turns out Firebirds is bugged; the 6pc is doing more than what it's supposed to do. :lol

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20418712714?page=22#436

Just a quick update on this one:

The issue with Firebird's Finery 6-piece bonus is currently under investigation. We don't have an ETA for a resolution at this time. However, any fix we may implement would likely result in a reduction in power for the set. For this reason, similar to the situation with Raekor's/Furious Charge, we will not be addressing this issue for the duration of Season 5.

Addnan

Nooooo dont nerf raekor :(
Not so much nerfing. Just right now to get the most of the set you need to continously force move to cancel animation. They need to fix that, but if they just change it so you can't cancel animation the set gets a huge nerf.

Tarazet

The bug with the elite buff never fading was the only way to make the set sort of worthwhile while I used it at the start of the season. I wonder if they'll rework it a 3rd time (or 4th?) after the end of the season or if they'll just fix the bug and call it a day.

Hopefully they're bright enough to realize that the set was only somewhat viable, if not GR competitive, as a result of the bug and tweak its power settings so that it is still good when working properly. But this is Blizzard we're talking about here.

MrDaravon

If you find one do not waste it on that bow.

Yeah, outside of I'm not sure why you re-rolled the dex stat instead of rolling off attack speed I have no idea why you're spending any resources on that bow or even crafted it to start with unless you somehow don't have a Manticore for the M6 build or Yangs for MS build? Those are prerequisites for those builds, Nats uses 1 handers and Shadow uses knives.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
How rare is the Corrupted Ashbringer?

isnt it like .01% or something? across all of my toons it has only dropped one time.

saw about the firebirds thing. makes sense that is a bug, it doesnt make much sense why it is up so much. and as an aside, the set dungeon is awful for it.

Yeah, outside of I'm not sure why you re-rolled the dex stat instead of rolling off attack speed I have no idea why you're spending any resources on that bow or even crafted it to start with unless you somehow don't have a Manticore for the M6 build or Yangs for MS build? Those are prerequisites for those builds, Nats uses 1 handers and Shadow uses knives.

I had rerolled a vit stat or something. And how dare you insult my bow :( and Im not doing any mant build or...yangs. I just play the way I want to >_> diablo 3 is like the last game I look for builds.

Dreavus

The bug with the elite buff never fading was the only way to make the set sort of worthwhile while I used it at the start of the season. I wonder if they'll rework it a 3rd time (or 4th?) after the end of the season or if they'll just fix the bug and call it a day.

Yup. If they remove that bug, but made actually getting stacks from trash mobs a little easier, I would be okay with that trade. Maintaining the 24 stacks when fighting additional elites was a pain in the ass (you had to kill them without igniting the 3000% DOT otherwise you'd lose it when they die). It was just counter intuitive and annoying.

Once I got a Delsere's set up, I couldn't drop Firebirds quickly enough.

I'm slowing down guys :(

Think I'll be taking an extended break once XCOM 2 comes out Friday. Don't think I have it in me to grind much more on my Wizard, and I don't really have the space to gear out other characters.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Had a bit of a surprise - it turns out the LoN bats build doesn't rely on bats for damage at all - that spell is just used for the defensive benefits granted by legendaries. The pets are doing the heavy lifting. Time to reroll my elemental damage to cold, heh

I'm slowing down guys :(

Think I'll be taking an extended break once XCOM 2 comes out Friday. Don't think I have it in me to grind much more on my Wizard, and I don't really have the space to gear out other characters.

I feel I am almost done myself. I still need to play some Dragons Dogma and I can think about 2.5 while playing it. 2.4 provided many new legendaries but they're tailored specifically to each set (aka bracers/belts) so it ends up not being much. Stash space is also atrocious.

Got back into the game, played Vanilla at launch and got a 43 DH. Decided to start a new seasons character and it was super fun and generally pretty easy to get to 70. However, now I'm at Torment 1 and it is rough and slow right now. I can just about get through a NR. Do I need to suck it up and keep farming for better items or am I missing something?

Build wise I normally switch between disintegrate and arcane orbs. Not sure if I should keep explosive charge as it's pretty arcane consuming but it does deal toooons of damage which I need for T1.

Nokterian

Doing this Demon Hunter build at the moment getting the hang of it just need focus ring but i changed 3 things because that page doesn't reflect on what i am using.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69873-2-4-gr92-dh-shadow-impale?page=3

First i changed my cube to Visage of Gunes,second i changed my necklace to Halycon's Ascent some extra CC since Vengeance is always up everytime and it helps against elite's,normal and even bosses. Also changed the quiver to Emimei's Duffel when Bola explode on impact it is nice damage buff for some situations.

Got back into the game, played Vanilla at launch and got a 43 DH. Decided to start a new seasons character and it was super fun and generally pretty easy to get to 70. However, now I'm at Torment 1 and it is rough and slow right now. I can just about get through a NR. Do I need to suck it up and keep farming for better items or am I missing something?

Build wise I normally switch between disintegrate and arcane orbs. Not sure if I should keep explosive charge as it's pretty arcane consuming but it does deal toooons of damage which I need for T1.

Frist welcome back,second are you in EU or US? If you are EU we can help you. But first you need to kill Zoltun Kule in torment 2 to get 4 pieces of the set. After that do a greater rift 20 to complete your firebird set.

You need a few specific items for the firebird build. Take a look at this build on diablofans,i recommend to go to this website since it shows what you need to have that build.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/70102-2-4-t6-firebird-starter-build

eek5

Keep doing rifts until you can clear T2 then kill act 2 boss kulle for 4pc. Wizard is one of the hardest classes to start up in seasons (without assistance) because firebirds sucks. No mitigation on the 4pc. Anyway once you get bunch of legendaries do a set of bounties. Easiest is join a normal public game on bounty and get 3 sets of mats. Cube 3 of them then do a GR20 and you'll get the 6pc firebirds. Should be downhill from there.

BTW if you are slow in T1 I'd just switch to farming normal. No benefit really in killing stuff slowly. Gear is what you need.

Not if you're paragon 600+ and only found two of them...

I'm 285ish and have found 1--it was the second Rift I did at 70. I have a bunch of weapons that would benefit greatly from some Ramaldini loving, but it's so hard to find them >.<

BTW if you are slow in T1 I'd just switch to farming normal. No benefit really in killing stuff slowly. Gear is what you need.

Probably would be better to do Expert or Master rather than dropping all the way to Normal.

I'm 285ish and have found 1--it was the second Rift I did at 70. I have a bunch of weapons that would benefit greatly from some Ramaldini loving, but it's so hard to find them >.<

I think the average drop rate in my experience is 1 gift per 100 paragon, give or take. I think I've found 9 this season. Para 775 or so. I used 3 so far and really can't think of a weapon I'd want to roll and gift at this point anyway. maybe if I farm up enough mats to try to roll a GG Twisted Sword I guess.

Other classes haven't held my interest enough to make me want to play any of them over Wizard, tbqh, and I already have 2 GG wizard weapons. My Unstable Scepter is probably one of the top 10 in the world (I personally haven't seen one better in the Americas) and my Aether Walker is quite solid for that weapon.

I think I'd gift a really solid ancient Woh because that weapon is much more fun than I anticipated. Even a non-ancient one can farm and finish GR45/TX in under 2:30 and an Ancient one should make GR60 or so just as easy. Other than that and a GG Twisted Sword, I have no use for Gifts anymore. I also have 8 or 9 non-season that I haven't found a weapon worth using one on as well.

biaxident

An amazing soul on Reddit posted this spreadsheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/43jnrx/d3_s5_gearing_cheat_sheet/

Basically, it answers the question of "is this item good and will I ever need it?"

Just started my first Wizard and I have no clue what I'm doing, so this is amazing.

That's neat and all, but since every class has like 10 specs now and variations, almost every item has a 'need' lol, so still no stash space for me. I have a barb/dh on sc season and am out of space besides the bonus tab I unlocked, just doing all my other alts this season on hardcore since space isn't a prob (currently).

Celegus

Yeah I've got a pile. Found a near perfect Johanna flail for hammer build and a really good Blade of Prophecy if I want to mess with Condemn sometime. But I'm not gonna use my only one in stash just in case something even better shows up (Doombringer please!)

I think the average drop rate in my experience is 1 gift per 100 paragon, give or take. I think I've found 9 this season. Para 775 or so. I used 3 so far and really can't think of a weapon I'd want to roll and gift at this point anyway. maybe if I farm up enough mats to try to roll a GG Twisted Sword I guess.

Other classes haven't held my interest enough to make me want to play any of them over Wizard, tbqh, and I already have 2 GG wizard weapons. My Unstable Scepter is probably one of the top 10 in the world (I personally haven't seen one better in the Americas) and my Aether Walker is quite solid for that weapon.

I think I'd gift a really solid ancient Woh because that weapon is much more fun than I anticipated. Even a non-ancient one can farm and finish GR45/TX in under 2:30 and an Ancient one should make GR60 or so just as easy. Other than that and a GG Twisted Sword, I have no use for Gifts anymore. I also have 8 or 9 non-season that I haven't found a weapon worth using one on as well.

Thinking about it, I've found about 1 Gift in 300ish Paragon

And that gift I found last year. Since I restarted playing I haven't found shit

That's neat and all, but since every class has like 10 specs now and variations, almost every item has a 'need' lol, so still no stash space for me. I have a barb/dh on sc season and am out of space besides the bonus tab I unlocked, just doing all my other alts this season on hardcore since space isn't a prob (currently).

With LoN a lot of items became more desirable. It's not just stack 5/2 with RoRG and play a certain style or you're screwed. You can do LoN and mix and match items that previously just weren't worth it. I'm looking forward to experimenting once I get that set completed.

An amazing soul on Reddit posted this spreadsheet: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/43jnrx/d3_s5_gearing_cheat_sheet/

Basically, it answers the question of "is this item good and will I ever need it?"

Just started my first Wizard and I have no clue what I'm doing, so this is amazing.

to me this sort of highlights in a single spreadsheet why i'm so fucking frustrated with the limited backpack size. That's 50 items per class, many of which you need at least 2 variants for many of those items in order to keep your options open. never mind all the neutral leg items, ring variants, gems, mats. It's just disappointing.

yea this.

On Xbox one.

So I didnt realize my network options were on invite only so I switched them to public. Suddenly i experienced the terror of playing with another person for the first time and having no idea of prober Diablo etiquette. so...

Is it frowned upon to go to town midway through a rift if I run out of space in my backpack?

Always stick together or explore separate portions of the rift?

Stopping to add paragon points, yay or nay?

Most folks play with mics? I'm currently mic-less but may buy one tomorrow depending on the answer.

Anything I should know that's considered rude or bad form?

Do you immediate leave the rift after you beat the boss or clear the rest of it out?

When do you shut it down and start the next riff?

Obviously you don't leave when in the GR, but in general, do the same rules apply?

On Xbox one.

So I didnt realize my network options were on invite only so I switched them to public. Suddenly i experienced the terror of playing with another person for the first time and having no idea of prober Diablo etiquette. so...

Is it frowned upon to go to town midway through a rift if I run out of space in my backpack?

Most folks play with mics? I'm currently mic-less but may buy one tomorrow depending on the answer.

Do you immediate leave the rift after you beat the boss or clear the rest of it out?

Obviously you don't leave when in the GR, but in general, do the same rules apply?

You're in the wrong thread as this is strictly PC only but to answer some, if you feel you are slow and wasting time, then it's probably considered "rude" lol. Just kill shit, TP after RG in the case of TX farming and repeat. You have 30s after closing a rift to do things. This season's power level is beyond TX that GR keys are a bottleneck and it's what most people just want.

eek5

On Xbox one.

DO NOT PLAY PUBLIC GAMES ON CONSOLE

Top Bottom