• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
at 1:35 you can see a guy teleporting back to town to turn in

i think you still just need to kill the boss. the season journey doesnt update in real time for some reason -- it seems to have to wait a minute or something before it updates, so it might appear that he has to turn in to get credit, but i dont think he actually has to.

when i did the 6 minute run, i thought i lost because i killed the boss at like 5:50 seconds and had to go turn in and got interrupted in my town portal cast by a random mob i didnt see. i go back after the 6 minute mark and i still got credit for it, though it didnt update for a few minutes so i figured i didnt get it, and then i did.

Ask to be power leveled in one of those communities and you will have 100m in an hour or less.

we were talking about the conquests, which one is easiest to get.

we need to do all of the bounties about 25 times and not open the boxes. thats going to be tough to not open any of them, i love clicking on those things

TP

i think you still just need to kill the boss. the season journey doesnt update in real time for some reason -- it seems to have to wait a minute or something before it updates, so it might appear that he has to turn in to get credit, but i dont think he actually has to.

when i did the 6 minute run, i thought i lost because i killed the boss at like 5:50 seconds and had to go turn in and got interrupted in my town portal cast by a random mob i didnt see. i go back after the 6 minute mark and i still got credit for it, though it didnt update for a few minutes so i figured i didnt get it, and then i did.

I had a 2:40~ rift clear not count because I didn't talk to Orek

a day later I got credit for a sub 3 min run after talking to Orek
achievement popped up right when I talked to him

Syntsui

I had no idea what Conquests were, what a load of bullshit. Speed Racer and Master of Sets are idiotic. But apparently you just need to complete the Conqueror objectives to get the stash tab? if so, lol.

Syntsui

The set dungeon one is also "easy" if you're planning on mastering all of them anyway.

The only one I tried was the Marauder one on PS4. It was disgusting, the fucking worms can go to hell.

I will try the ones for the Barbarian on PC when I get them all, they can't be that bad.

Firemind

I was planning on cubing In-geom but then this dropped

Um should I use this or a non-ancient Wand of Woh?
Fuck it, I cubed the In-geom, since Woh's drop rate is like 3%. This build is hilarious. Taeguk is trash though. The problem with the build is you need to regain the in-geom buff as fast as possible whenever it falls off, which Taeguk doesn't help with. Also, F+R is kind of meh with meh rolls. Would rather have Avarice Band and some random ring, though F+R does help in boosting the meteors to kill the first elite pack. Nilfur's Boast does the same thing on the other hand. Hm....

Xanathus

lol

Wastes set. Enjoy.

Wastes was surprisingly easy after properly setting up my skills like in Quinn's youtube video and using Bul-Kathos. At least you did not need to reduce your damage like in some of the other set dungeons. Rest of Barb set dungeons are a piece of cake.

I found a yangs recurve

is it cool to use other hatred dumps? Or should I stick to multishot

My set up is-

Companion(ALL OF THE COMPANIONS)
Vault+4 arrows
Lightning Sentry Gun(I have Fulminator as my kanai affix)
Rain of Vengeance(Thunder variant)
Lightning Bolas(For Fulminator)
And Multishot(Lightning variant)

h3ro

I found a yangs recurve

is it cool to use other hatred dumps? Or should I stick to multishot

My set up is-

Companion(ALL OF THE COMPANIONS)
Vault+4 arrows
Lightning Sentry Gun(I have Fulminator as my kanai affix)
Rain of Vengeance(Thunder variant)
Lightning Bolas(For Fulminator)
And Multishot(Lightning variant)
You might want to focus the build a little bit, it's a little scattershot as it is now. If you are running M6 with a Yangs, then I would concentrate the build around massive Multishot dumps with bolas or whichever generator of choice you are using. If you really want to see the Yang's shine then I would consider switching to the UE set for it's massive multishot bonuses that work well with the Yangs MS buff.

dab0ne

Dude this Helltooth mastery set piece dungeon is fucking bull Shit. Has nothing to do with set mastery and everything to do with dungeon generation. if not enough enemies spawn early then I'm gonna fail. Fucking stupid!

Dreavus

8 Set dungeon/6 diff set bonus conquest is kind of silly, since you MUST have two characters. In season I take the opportunity to reroll a class I haven't played in a while but I'm not particularly interested in investing in two characters.

Luckily the stash tab is obtainable without doing either of those.

It'd be nice if the set dungeons were a little more fixed in terms of enemies. The Delsere's one was tough for example because you could basically only get the "bubble 50 enemies" from the insect swarms + a few other enemies. Oftentimes you'd get them spaced awkwardly and it'd fuck up that objective. I screwed up on my own plenty of times but I also can't count how many times I had to restart on account of bad spawns.

eek5

Fuck it, I cubed the In-geom, since Woh's drop rate is like 3%. This build is hilarious. Taeguk is trash though. The problem with the build is you need to regain the in-geom buff as fast as possible whenever it falls off, which Taeguk doesn't help with. Also, F+R is kind of meh with meh rolls. Would rather have Avarice Band and some random ring, though F+R does help in boosting the meteors to kill the first elite pack. Nilfur's Boast does the same thing on the other hand. Hm....

Taeguk isn't good IMO. You get pretty nice buff but you need 60% CDR to keep it up without in-geom on numlock autocast and you'll lose it if you lag or whatever.

For rings I think F+R is good but dropping generator for black hole w/ SoJ and some other ring might be decent depending on how strong you are. I haven't tried it though.

Right now I'm still running F+R w/ stricken/BotT/Eso. I've pushed Tal6/FB4 to GR68 (Cleared 67 in 5:17, 68 in 6:40) Not bad.

th3dude

Taeguk isn't good IMO. You get pretty nice buff but you need 60% CDR to keep it up without in-geom on numlock autocast and you'll lose it if you lag or whatever.

For rings I think F+R is good but dropping generator for black hole w/ SoJ and some other ring might be decent depending on how strong you are. I haven't tried it though.

Right now I'm still running F+R w/ stricken/BotT/Eso. I've pushed Tal6/FB4 to GR68 (Cleared 67 in 5:17, 68 in 6:40) Not bad.

Your post made me think of a question I've had recently - do people use macros or anything fancy like that or does everyone just mash their keyboards like me?

Firemind

Reddit recommends this as a farming build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69911-2-4-eb-tx-db-farming-800-db-hr-w-tal-sage-in-geom

Swapping Black Hole for Frost Nova makes sense as Frost Nova really is only there to activate the 6pc buff. After you use it once, you can just keep alternating the other spells to keep the buff. Having Black Hole means you have an easier time killing for the In-geom buff. Now if only the Sages plan would drop...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Dude this Helltooth mastery set piece dungeon is fucking bull Shit. Has nothing to do with set mastery and everything to do with dungeon generation. if not enough enemies spawn early then I'm gonna fail. Fucking stupid!

Yeah, I gave up on that one. The Zuni dungeon is super easy to master in comparison, just need the Wilken's Reach source.

You might want to focus the build a little bit, it's a little scattershot as it is now. If you are running M6 with a Yangs, then I would concentrate the build around massive Multishot dumps with bolas or whichever generator of choice you are using. If you really want to see the Yang's shine then I would consider switching to the UE set for it's massive multishot bonuses that work well with the Yangs MS buff.

Gotcha. Ill have to find some more legendaries then @_@

rsniper59

Neo Member
Got into this season fairly late as I took a long time off of D3, but went from 1-70, now up to Paragon 88 in about a week or so of casual play. I have to say, I forgot how satisfying it is to finally get one piece of equipment that lets a build "click" and you suddenly starting destroying everything.

Going from struggling by in T2 content to blasting through T6 (and comparable GRs) simply by getting the Focus and Restraint rings on my monk to help out with the damage output makes me remember why I enjoy playing the game so much! Feeling confident that I can start building toward some of the good sets in the game now.

It's also my first taste of the Kunai's Cube since it was implemented. Loving that addition to the game, as it provides a TON of customization. I don't really plan on trying to build "competitive" characters to get up into the highest GRs, as I'm more interested in playing around with fun builds and seeing how high I can go with them. The Cube is PERFECT for that!

eek5

Reddit recommends this as a farming build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/69911-2-4-eb-tx-db-farming-800-db-hr-w-tal-sage-in-geom

Swapping Black Hole for Frost Nova makes sense as Frost Nova really is only there to activate the 6pc buff. After you use it once, you can just keep alternating the other spells to keep the buff. Having Black Hole means you have an easier time killing for the In-geom buff. Now if only the Sages plan would drop...

Alternating 2 will refresh your offensive stack but AFAIK your defensive stack still requires you to cast all 4 elements.

So I have the Natalya 2 piece.

And I have that ring that reduces cooldown by 1 an enemy hit by a resource using move.

And my Rain of Vengeance is up. Constantly. Multiple of them at once. I'm using the one that auto-tracks >_> Is this...what power feels like

Going from struggling by in T2 content to blasting through T6 (and comparable GRs) simply by getting the Focus and Restraint rings on my monk to help out with the damage output

I was stuck at T6 with 6p SWK, and creeping towards T7. Once I got F+R I leaped over T7 and can do T8 for everything and T9 for GRifts. Usually the jump from T7 to T8 was a nightmare but with 6p SWK and 2 mediocre Ancient Weapons, getting F+R was enough to catapult me forward. If only I didn't insist on playing builds I liked rather than builds that could clear high level Rifts lol.

So I have the Natalya 2 piece.

And I have that ring that reduces cooldown by 1 an enemy hit by a resource using move.

And my Rain of Vengeance is up. Constantly. Multiple of them at once. I'm using the one that auto-tracks >_> Is this...what power feels like

Lol nah. RoV without the full set bonus is just a light mist on your enemies.

Keep going at it, when you actually complete a full set you'll realize the potential.

Lol nah. RoV without the full set bonus is just a light mist on your enemies.

Keep going at it, when you actually complete a full set you'll realize the potential.

I did get the 4 set Marauder...and with Yangs Recurve+The Quiver that makes multishot hit twice to enemies below 60% and ballistics, it's mad powerful. Like I'm finding myself not even using Rain of Vengeance and wiping out enemies in Torment 7 within seconds with only 700k dps..

Wolfie5

I am on mobile, so I can't see the details of your gear.
How much crit chance and crit damage do you have in your gear? High CC and CD will get your DPS up much higher.
Also, your 1 hand weapon should be anchient with around 3k dps.

ferr

Guys I need your help with my male DH. I'm trying to use him to farm TX but I can't even pass a GR50. My DPS seems way too low:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jinroh-1650/hero/55735307

I see some people who have like 1.5 millions DPS with the same build. I only have 600'000, how can they have nearly 3 times my DPS?

edit: This DH for example has more than 3 millions DPS: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ag2r-2229/hero/59480966

What makes it so high?

Your total Crit Hit chance should be around 55%, crit hit damage around 550%, dex should be close to 10,000, your Yang should be ancient with dps around 3300 (from high damage and %dmg).

Which items to improve:
- Focus: Dex, CHC/CHD, Socket
- Restraint: Dex, CHC/CHD, Socket
- Amulet: Dex/Element%, CHD, CHC, Socket
- Gloves: Dex, CHC, CHD
- Yang: Ancient, %DMG, Socket, Dex

Consider these your current goals, try to max them. For example, your amulet should have as close to 100% CHD and 10% CHC as possible.

rsniper59

Neo Member
I was stuck at T6 with 6p SWK, and creeping towards T7. Once I got F+R I leaped over T7 and can do T8 for everything and T9 for GRifts. Usually the jump from T7 to T8 was a nightmare but with 6p SWK and 2 mediocre Ancient Weapons, getting F+R was enough to catapult me forward. If only I didn't insist on playing builds I liked rather than builds that could clear high level Rifts lol.

Sounds like I'm in the exact opposite boat, as I've got F+R and I'm at 3 out of 6 pieces for my SWK set! Hoping I get a similar bump through to T8 when it's all complete.

Kadala, please be kind....

Firemind

Speaking of amulets, I don't know if I should gamble for Tal ammies with the set convert recipe or the reforge recipe. Converting costs Death's Breaths but reforging costs bounty mats and if there's something I loathe it's farming solo bounties.....

Baliis

Guys I need your help with my male DH. I'm trying to use him to farm TX but I can't even pass a GR50. My DPS seems way too low:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jinroh-1650/hero/55735307

I see some people who have like 1.5 millions DPS with the same build. I only have 600'000, how can they have nearly 3 times my DPS?

edit: This DH for example has more than 3 millions DPS: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ag2r-2229/hero/59480966

What makes it so high?

He has a solid 1400 paragon levels over you for starters. That alone is incredibly massive. He has almost 17000dex compared to to your 8800ish, so he flat out just has double your damage with nothing else considered. His Yangs is a solid 700dps better than yours, again massive. I can't see your CC total, but I'm going to guess its lower than his 53, and you have a good 100 or so less CD than him.

To add to ferrs gear advice too, get a dawn in your cube asap, the vengeance uptime is a massive massive increase in how much hatred you have and damage reduction if you pair it with the helm in the cube. Also get some Wraps of Clarity for bracers, again, big damage reduction.

evilalien

In addition to the other stuff people have mentioned, that Yang's and DML need discipline on them as well if you want to use the UE set.

Baliis

In addition to the other stuff people have mentioned, that Yang's and DML need discipline on them as well if you want to use the UE set.

Yes, plus disc on your chest bow and quiver is absolutely mandatory for UE. It's where all your damage comes from.

eek5

Switched frost nova to black hole supermassive. I like it. Makes refreshing in-geom from elites that run away a lot more streamlined. Cleared GR69 with tal-wow this morning. 7:XX clear time which feels faster than I could do in DMO. Also did a 68 in 5:XX.

Curious to see how far I can take this while maintaining speed.

I also tried it with SOJ/misc ring (tried CoE and Halo). Damage is lower but it should be viable if you absolutely need survivability. The biggest thing that hurts is you don't kill trash as much which means you won't gain "free" progress while moving through the rift.

Hoping I can pick up an ancient oculus with 4s teleport or cosmic strand for TX rifting/bounties.

Speaking of amulets, I don't know if I should gamble for Tal ammies with the set convert recipe or the reforge recipe. Converting costs Death's Breaths but reforging costs bounty mats and if there's something I loathe it's farming solo bounties.....

If you don't have a good glove, set conversion is an excellent way to get a good tal glove and possibly a good tal amulet at the same time. 10db/10soul for 2/7 chance at getting glove/amulet is a sweet deal. Just keep swapping until you get something good. After you get a GG glove (and possibly no amulet) I'd probably consider switching to reforging at 50soul/bounty mats since you'll eventually want an ancient tal amulet anyway so you can augment.

Firemind

If you don't have a good glove, set conversion is an excellent way to get a good tal glove and possibly a good tal amulet at the same time. 10db/10soul for 2/7 chance at getting glove/amulet is a sweet deal. Just keep swapping until you get something good. After you get a GG glove (and possibly no amulet) I'd probably consider switching to reforging at 50soul/bounty mats since you'll eventually want an ancient tal amulet anyway so you can augment.
I don't have nice tal gloves so that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

I'm not really planning on rolling for ancient amulets and rings. I play HC. Ain't nobody got time to augment lvl. 60+ gems. :lol

Arrrg, I'm trying to get the Avarice conquest and I've gotten so close a couple times. I've ran across 2 Guilded Barons on T10 so far and one dropped 38 mil and the next one dropped 40-something mil.

evilalien

Arrrg, I'm trying to get the Avarice conquest and I've gotten so close a couple times. I've ran across 2 Guilded Barons on T10 so far and one dropped 38 mil and the next one dropped 40-something mil.

If you put an emerald in your helmet and wear some other gear with gold find on it and max out paragon gold find, it should be pretty easy with a gilded baron on TX.

Top Bottom