• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

biaxident

Invokers is nuts on hardcore, so tanky and so much free damage. I think I could DC and not die on a RG lol. Still missing travelers pledge but forgot about the set conversion. Nothing is optimally rolled either, good place to start for hardcore, gr45.

th3dude

Arrrg, I'm trying to get the Avarice conquest and I've gotten so close a couple times. I've ran across 2 Guilded Barons on T10 so far and one dropped 38 mil and the next one dropped 40-something mil.

I had one drop 47mil. I was pissed.

mercviper

Arrrg, I'm trying to get the Avarice conquest and I've gotten so close a couple times. I've ran across 2 Guilded Barons on T10 so far and one dropped 38 mil and the next one dropped 40-something mil.
You could do what I did and crash the game gather up the scarabs in ruins of Corvus, then put on GF and boon of the hoarder before killing them.

Baliis

Invokers is nuts on hardcore, so tanky and so much free damage. I think I could DC and not die on a RG lol. Still missing travelers pledge but forgot about the set conversion. Nothing is optimally rolled either, good place to start for hardcore, gr45.

Can't convert the two piece sets sadly. But yea invokers is so tanky if you have an AA, I can maintain 900mil+ toughness constantly.

Browarr

Neo Member
Hello dear NeoGafers ! I would like some advices for someone who would like to beat Diablo again but on hardcore mode this time.
I have already beat the game a couple of times on Normal mode (My highest character is a Paragon 273 Barbarian capable of dealing the Torment IV difficulty and I got a couple of others level 70 unstuffed characters).
Why playing on hardcore then ? Because I would like to be stimulated and experience the game in a different way. Leveling up Paragon's ain't no fun for me.
Sorry in advance if the question has already been asked but I don't want to read the entire thread to get answers.
See you :)

Baliis

Hello dear NeoGafers ! I would like some advices for someone who would like to beat Diablo again but on hardcore mode this time.
I have already beat the game a couple of times on Normal mode (My highest character is a Paragon 273 Barbarian capable of dealing the Torment IV difficulty and I got a couple of others level 70 unstuffed characters).
Why playing on hardcore then ? Because I would like to be stimulated and experience the game in a different way. Leveling up Paragon's ain't no fun for me.
Sorry in advance if the question has already been asked but I don't want to read the entire thread to get answers.
See you :)

Stack more toughness than normal, don't play stupidly, don't die. Really there's not all that much different from softcore aside from playing smarter because you can't die. Even then after you've played a bit, you'll have back up gear anyways and you'll be like me on my wiz pushing 55 with a build I've never tried before yesterday and not having done past 50 before that.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by paragon levels aren't for you. What exactly do you think you'll be doing in hardcore? It's still speed running rifts to primarily get paragon levels and he occasional gear upgrade.

eek5

I'm guessing he enjoys the 1-70 progression more than anything else. I'm in the other side. I love speed farming to get stronger so I can farm even faster even if I hate pushing lol

Browarr

Neo Member
Stack more toughness than normal, don't play stupidly, don't die. Really there's not all that much different from softcore aside from playing smarter because you can't die. Even then after you've played a bit, you'll have back up gear anyways and you'll be like me on my wiz pushing 55 with a build I've never tried before yesterday and not having done past 50 before that.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by paragon levels aren't for you. What exactly do you think you'll be doing in hardcore? It's still speed running rifts to primarily get paragon levels and he occasional gear upgrade.

I am not a big Diablo player. I just wanted to play the game again (last time I played it it was like one year ago) that's all !
I'm not into theorycraft or such stuff, just wanted to beat Diablo again but in a different way.
And I completely forgot about the hardcore mode and decided to try it while waiting for new games to be released or a hypothetical new Diablo expansion.
Thanks by the way for your advices !

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

No one wants to hear it but you only need 98 Torment X Caches (Bonus and Regular) to auto-complete the 50 Million achievement.

100% Guaranteed completion, regardless of gear. Split farm bounties with a few friends and it will be done in no time.

Lain

Overall, my luck in finding certain rare items has been good this season. I found some Wand of Woh (none ancient, but I could cube it), some Furnace, some Focus/Restraint, some Serpent's Sparker and some gifts.
All nice findings, although apart from the gifts and the F/R for speed farming, it's all been pretty much useless to me this season.
I would have liked to find some Unity but those escape me. I managed to find one yesterday (after 550ish Paragon Points) but I still need a second one to pair it with, which brings me to the point of this post: I'm really glad they put the effect they did on the Aquila Cuirass. Without it I don't think I could have gone as far as I did this season (and I'm still far behind where most of you all are, as I just cleared a GR65 today with 2 minutes and something left and I feel like that's where I'll end).

Dahbomb

No one wants to hear it but you only need 98 Torment X Caches (Bonus and Regular) to auto-complete the 50 Million achievement.

100% Guaranteed completion, regardless of gear. Split farm bounties with a few friends and it will be done in no time.
You can only hold so many Caches in your inventory and if you aren't fast enough to switch the caches from your stash you might lose the streak. I am not sure if it's worth the loss of time if you mess up.

th3dude

You can only hold so many Caches in your inventory and if you aren't fast enough to switch the caches from your stash you might lose the streak. I am not sure if it's worth the loss of time if you mess up.

You won't start collecting the gold until you move, so you can open them slowly.

Just don't have a pet equipped.

Dahbomb

You won't start collecting the gold until you move, so you can open them slowly.

Just don't have a pet equipped.
Well you have to move to get to the stash. Unless you open everything from the stash and don't move from there.

Also I am afraid of the game crashing. I once has the game crash when I opened like 50 boxes.

Lain

I followed the Corvus suggestion posted before in the thread for the 50m achievement and it worked like a charm.
I just had to first run all the way in to make sure all those little monsters would come out of the walls/crevices, since on the first run they took their time popping out and the streak ended at 38m

Dahbomb

I did Corvus too. I did a double run not only to spawn the little guys but to open all the doors and get an idea of the map layout so I don't get stuck on a door/dead end.

ferr

Did they screw up high dmg number with the latest hotfix? I swear I'm seeing numbers like 10,987M -- hard to see the exact numbers, but they look odd suddenly.

h3ro

Did they screw up high dmg number with the latest hotfix? I swear I'm seeing numbers like 10,987M -- hard to see the exact numbers, but they look odd suddenly.

Blizz added an option to abbreviate the damage numbers and highlight the largest number crits damage output in bright orange.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

What do you find odd about it? The fact that it doesn't switch to billions, i.e. 11b?

Xanathus

I think I'm gonna stop playing Hardcore, I died YET again within 2 days because Blizz servers disconnected me in game without warning even though my internet connection was fine. It just went totally dead then I died, then it kicked me into the main menu while still being able to chat. I still have backup gear and shit but there's no point in playing when their servers are so unstable.

w4ttsup

So has anyone made a thorns barb this season?

Going to attempt one on HC. I assume it will be similar to the Crusader LoN version but with a bit less toughness.

Cipherr

I have an achievement to get for the season that says get to Rift level 20 solo. I dont know what that means? I did normal yellow portal rifts but theres only like 5 levels in them usually and the rift guardian spawns when the yellow bar fills and thats it. I tried doing the Neph rift that costs a stone + gold but I only got to upgrade my leg gems after I filled the purple timed bar???

Where do I go to access this level 20?

eek5

I had two 75 gems and accidentally augmented the same item twice. Feels so bad man...

I think I'm gonna stop playing Hardcore, I died YET again within 2 days because Blizz servers disconnected me in game without warning even though my internet connection was fine. It just went totally dead then I died, then it kicked me into the main menu while still being able to chat. I still have backup gear and shit but there's no point in playing when their servers are so unstable.

Fuck hardcore man. Let's duo push to GR80!!

I have an achievement to get for the season that says get to Rift level 20 solo. I dont know what that means? I did normal yellow portal rifts but theres only like 5 levels in them usually and the rift guardian spawns when the yellow bar fills and thats it. I tried doing the Neph rift that costs a stone + gold but I only got to upgrade my leg gems after I filled the purple timed bar???

Where do I go to access this level 20?

Greater rift is the purple one. You can raise the level.

You don't have to pay gold. That's only if you want a 4th chance to upgrade gem.

You need to raise the level of the greater rift to 20 and beat it solo.

th3dude

This is why I refuse to play HC. Too many stories like this.

nubbe

Next season I will do HC first, feels much more engaging

But there is too much risk to devote much time to it
Just to spice things up

Celegus

So has anyone made a thorns barb this season?

Going to attempt one on HC. I assume it will be similar to the Crusader LoN version but with a bit less toughness.
Err... Do barbs have any skills that benefit from thorns? Never heard of that before.

w4ttsup

The primary skills (aka Frenzy) are what makes the build from what I'm seeing.

You would have Hack and that mighty weapon that increases the attack speed and damage of your primary skills.

It's more thorns coming from your primary skill than being hit/attacked.

eek5

The primary skills (aka Frenzy) are what makes the build from what I'm seeing.

You would have Hack and that mighty weapon that increases the attack speed and damage of your primary skills.

It's more thorns coming from your primary skill than being hit/attacked.

Hack + dagger w/ two topazes and thorns on all your equipment and 10k str could maybe get you up to 2.4bil-3 dps or whatever your attack speed was. Could probably do T7-8 with that but not much more. Why not just play crusader :|

Cipherr

Greater rift is the purple one. You can raise the level.

You don't have to pay gold. That's only if you want a 4th chance to upgrade gem.

You need to raise the level of the greater rift to 20 and beat it solo.

Thank you!

Also last night I figured out how the cube works with getting passive legendary effects without having to wear the item. This shit is AMAZING. I havent played the game since I beat the newest act after ROS launched. They have done a fantastic job with this game since then.

eek5

Thank you!

Also last night I figured out how the cube works with getting passive legendary effects without having to wear the item. This shit is AMAZING. I havent played the game since I beat the newest act after ROS launched. They have done a fantastic job with this game since then.

Make sure you check the other recipes for the cube too. There are some really good ones (reforge legendary -- can become ancient, swap set -- can't become ancient but fast way to get 6 pc, upgrade rare -- becomes legendary of same item type, swap gems from one color to another, add main stat or vit to items)

Firemind

I die because of my spotty ISP and because I forget to pause the game. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I swear to god I have had three ancient Firebirds drop and zero Tals. The same thing happened last season with my barb. This game hates me.

eek5

I die because of my spotty ISP and because I forget to pause the game. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I swear to god I have had three ancient Firebirds drop and zero Tals. The same thing happened last season with my barb. This game hates me.

people have pushed firebird to 75+

believe!!

Azulsky

Anyone here doing Sunwuko Monk?

I currently have RoRG cubed so i can wear the head peice for ranged bells, what Rings should I be looking for on this build, Unity and the rotating elements one?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
people have pushed firebird to 75+

believe!!

im at about 59/60ish w/firebird wizard. im not able to meet the timer in 60 by about a minute at this point.

i think at this point i need to use the kanai's cube to enchant the ancients with extra stats.

keffri

Just died on my hardcore character. I vaulted into a bunch of molten explosions because I wasn't paying attention.

Sucks that I died in such a stupid way but that's hardcore for you. Might restart but I'll be taking a break for now.

Got the WD pennant tonight. Very pleased with how my Angry Chicken WD is looking right now.

Uoefw0G.jpg

mercviper

Anyone here doing Sunwuko Monk?

I currently have RoRG cubed so i can wear the head peice for ranged bells, what Rings should I be looking for on this build, Unity and the rotating elements one?

I'm running Obsidian Ring as the third for the CDR on resource spending attacks with that build. F&R is bad-ish because you don't want to be using generators in the build, so you lose out on half the bonus.

Cipherr

Whats the benefit to beating timed higher GR levels? Better loot off of the rift bosses? Or do you get like better chances at gem upgrade percentages or something?

biaxident

Up to gr 57 on my hardcore thornsader, getting to the point where I need upgrades though, nearly died once or twice and damage might be enough for a 60 or so at the moment. Need to reroll for ancients but I do not have a speed build on him at all for bounties, ugh. Saw a vid of ahkahns/norvalds so may give that a shot.

eek5

Whats the benefit to beating timed higher GR levels? Better loot off of the rift bosses? Or do you get like better chances at gem upgrade percentages or something?

Better gem upgrade chances. If you don't beat the time you don't get to upgrade at all.

+10 levels is 100%
+6-9 is 60-90%
-1 to 5 levels is 60%

Higher is more loot too. Around GR50 you start getting some guaranteed drops or something

Top Bottom