• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

MrDaravon

Paragon ~615 or so, haven't seen a single Ancient Yangs or Manticore of any type and I've been spending all of my mats for a good while now in reforging as well as upgrading rares. Never had this kind of bad luck >_>

Paragon ~615 or so, haven't seen a single Ancient Yangs or Manticore of any type and I've been spending all of my mats for a good while now in reforging as well as upgrading rares. Never had this kind of bad luck >_>

for some reason things drop in clumps in D3. I hadn't gotten a Furnace in 2 years and I got 3 in 2 days. Something up with their algorithms or something.

so, "soon".

biaxident

Is enforcer gem multiplicative now? I've seen some dh's use it for maras. I have a rank 70 trapped and a 67 stricken and a 66 esoteric. Would taeguk or zeis or even enforcer be better to replace stricken? I took esoteric off for one rift and got one shitted by elite affixes from off screen so much so will probably keep. Just pushing to get 70, not too interested in going farther. Rank 1 dh is gr83 with a 3400 manticore, perfect ancient rolls and level 80 augments on everything so no point bothering with that lol.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is enforcer gem multiplicative now? I've seen some dh's use it for maras. I have a rank 70 trapped and a 67 stricken and a 66 esoteric. Would taeguk or zeis or even enforcer be better to replace stricken? I took esoteric off for one rift and got one shitted by elite affixes from off screen so much so will probably keep. Just pushing to get 70, not too interested in going farther. Rank 1 dh is gr83 with a 3400 manticore, perfect ancient rolls and level 80 augments on everything so no point bothering with that lol.

Nope, looks like thread one is still being updated and it has it listed in the same value as elemental damage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18710646678

I know WDs were passing it up due to having less relative value on top of the 100% from Mask of Jeram. Maybe it works out to be a bigger relative boost for that DH build?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

and i got a manticore... on my wiz

biaxident

Nope, looks like thread one is still being updated and it has it listed in the same value as elemental damage: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18710646678

I know WDs were passing it up due to having less relative value on top of the 100% from Mask of Jeram. Maybe it works out to be a bigger relative boost for that DH build?

From what I've been reading the other options are better since it only affects your companions and sentries. Since it doesn't affect our huge clusters other options are better, guess i'm leveling the zei's. Can probably make a pet build work though, 2 pc shadow with mara's might be neat.

Azulsky

No way to do an Uliana's build with Flow of Eternity I guess.

Been upgrading Daibos to get a better Incense Torch and got a good Ancient FoE, sad day

Cipherr

I wish it was easier to farm items for alts. I guess I can make a 2h xbow level 1 with that gem. Just wish I could momentarily change my mage drops to that of a DH or something lol

biaxident

I wish it was easier to farm items for alts. I guess I can make a 2h xbow level 1 with that gem. Just wish I could momentarily change my mage drops to that of a DH or something lol

What if you could empower a normal rift with a royal gem of whatever color, and the drops are geared towards that stat? That could work. C'mon season 6.

biaxident

Royal would be too expensive, you already need so many damn gems to augment with.

Hopefully blizz could figure something out for it.

I just missed my gr70 by .766 seconds on perendi... My heart started racing once I saw the minute timer on him and I know I forgot to refresh my sentries.... Can't believe that.

ferr

Finally got an ancient slayer. Decided to reforge its dmg to get it to 3400+ dps, so I gave up the +10% cooldown reduction (while maintaining vit). Sitting at about 32% or so cdr so vengeance isn't perma, hoping to get some nat gloves at some point with cdr on them to fix that. Unsure on my decision, but in the long run I think having the higher dps slayer will be better. Since I would have rolled vit off to get CDR, I could consider that extra vit as a replacement for vit on some other item- could roll vit off my helm to get strafe dmg.

It was probably a bad call since it was already at 3200 dps and I already had a ~3300dps dawn in my mainhand. From what I understand RoV is calc'd off the MH, so there's less importance on having the 3400 MH and 3300 OH compared to 3300 MH and 3200 OH w/ CDR. I'm unsure if FoV, Strafe, etc are calc'd off MH or total dmg.

eek5

I don't think it's that bad. You just have to get one of your dudes to god-tier level then you have a ton of blood shards to gamble for gear for other chars.

T.O.P

Banned
Guys, i just logged into the game and it prompts me to create a new character, if i go back it gets me to the login screen

I have been playing for a week and have 1 lvl 70 and a seasonal at lvl 60, they are nowhere to be found

Wtf is going on

Baliis

Guys, i just logged into the game and it prompts me to create a new character, if i go back it gets me to the login screen

I have been playing for a week and have 1 lvl 70 and a seasonal at lvl 60, they are nowhere to be found

Wtf is going on

Did you accidentally change your region somehow maybe?

Baliis

Oh. The lowest wizard on the NA leaderboard is 62. On the EU leaderboard it's 68. Stay losing, NA.

Haha still 68 isn't bad. I don't even have an ancient weapon/source which would bump me up a bit, and if I just farm 64s, that's gonna be another like 5-7 levels on my gems right there. 70 I think is at least pretty achievable without too much trouble, especially for wiz.

Firemind

Haha still 68 isn't bad. I don't even have an ancient weapon/source which would bump me up a bit, and if I just farm 64s, that's gonna be another like 5-7 levels on my gems right there. 70 I think is at least pretty achievable without too much trouble, especially for wiz.
I don't know. I had a few scares and that was on 58. I had 1k health, slow time up, esoteric, aquila and unity and a molten explosion still did more than half my health.

The one downside of wizards is that they don't have ways to heal up beyond globes and potions. You have to remind yourself to teleport, slow time and spam spectral blade whenever you can to stay healthy.

Baliis

I don't know. I had a few scares and that was on 58. I had 1k health, slow time up, esoteric, aquila and unity and a molten explosion still did more than half my health.

The one downside of wizards is that they don't have ways to heal up beyond globes and potions. You have to remind yourself to teleport, slow time and spam spectral blade whenever you can to stay healthy.

Idk, I'm running arcane orbit w/ shield bracers and apd right now, no aquilas or unity, and have no problems staying alive at 64 which was about 10mins. I can farm 60 in about 6-7 mins with Tals/Firebirds but that's a little sketchier and I proc UA sometimes when I'm trying to get ingeom up.

The only time I've ever felt close to getting killed was back when I did my first 50 and the RG was just fucking me up (the guy with the arcane sentries that throws out the little knockbacks wave that your slow time basically holds in place.) He pulled me in on top of an orb in a narrow hall and chain knocked me in a wall lol. Proced, hit my potion, and managed to tele out with like 10,000 hp left and get away.

accel

Noob question: I have non-seasonal characters who completed story mode multiple times, but on my seasonal I only did bounties in adventure mode. I noted I didn't kill Izual which is part of the progression chapters. But when I switch my seasonal guy to story mode and go to select the quest right before Izual, my quest list is empty. Do I really have to complete the story mode on the seasonal character in order to unlock the quests?

Lain

Noob question: I have non-seasonal characters who completed story mode multiple times, but on my seasonal I only did bounties in adventure mode. I noted I didn't kill Izual which is part of the progression chapters. But when I switch my seasonal guy to story mode and go to select the quest right before Izual, my quest list is empty. Do I really have to complete the story mode on the seasonal character in order to unlock the quests?

If you mean the season journey, you don't have to do story mode for that. If you mean something else, I have no clue as I just go straight on adventure mode in season.

Baliis

You can just go there in adventure mode and kill him, no need to do story.

accel

If you mean the season journey, you don't have to do story mode for that. If you mean something else, I have no clue as I just go straight on adventure mode in season.

You can just go there in adventure mode and kill him, no need to do story.

Yes, I meant the season journey, sorry for being imprecise.

Thank you both (and that's great news)!

Awwwwww yiss

AGEb2.gif

Finally beat The Thrill conquest to finish the Conqueror season journey. Last season I don't think I ever beat Slayer. Dat sexy gold portrait border. Dat +1 stash tab. Wooooot.

rbanke

I haven't played Diablo 3 since the month or so it came out and was thinking of playing the expansion. Is the $20 Battle.net price the best deal? (seems so)

eek5

I haven't played Diablo 3 since the month or so it came out and was thinking of playing the expansion. Is the $20 Battle.net price the best deal? (seems so)

It's been as low as $15. If you don't mind supporting gamestop they have it for $16 right now but $20 is well worth it IMO

rbanke

It's been as low as $15. If you don't mind supporting gamestop they have it for $16 right now but $20 is well worth it IMO

Thanks, I figured at 20 it's nitpicking to even really check. Probably just pick it up from Battle.net

Fularu

Banned
Done with the season 5 Journey

Now to push or not to push for higher GRs? My group has a hard time with 80+ with double barb mage and monk

eek5

Done with the season 5 Journey

Now to push or not to push for higher GRs? My group has a hard time with 80+ with double barb mage and monk

Need a WD or DH for dmg amp + globe bitch.

One of the barbs needs to switch. Should still be possible to push without it as long as someone is picking up globes but without dmg amp it'll be tough

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
trying to get the 50m gold streak and its proving to be difficult for me. i tried doing the ruins of corvus but apparently thats not workin for me.

i think im just going to wear gold gear until i find a gilded baron, but i dont know the best way to farm for it. should each nephalem rift have at least one goblin in it, so i should just keep going until i at least find one?

trying to get the 50m gold streak and its proving to be difficult for me. i tried doing the ruins of corvus but apparently thats not workin for me.

i think im just going to wear gold gear until i find a gilded baron, but i dont know the best way to farm for it. should each nephalem rift have at least one goblin in it, so i should just keep going until i at least find one?

Just keep running rifts with your gold gear on, provided it doesn't hamper your ability to farm the rifts quickly. You'll run into one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

It isn't fun or pretty, but I found that farming the TX bounty caches to be the quickest way to do it. It is 100% guaranteed if you open enough boxes. I calculated the exact amount needed earlier in this thread. Completely gear/paragon-level/whatever independent.

I ran into a gilded baron like everyone said it didn't get me anywhere close to enough (~20M), so I did the bounty route and picked up tons more gear and levels which helped overall. YMMV depending on what you need to farm.

Fularu

Banned
Need a WD or DH for dmg amp + globe bitch.

One of the barbs needs to switch. Should still be possible to push without it as long as someone is picking up globes but without dmg amp it'll be tough
I hate playing zdps :-( I'll try to out together the set

robochimp

It isn't fun or pretty, but I found that farming the TX bounty caches to be the quickest way to do it. It is 100% guaranteed if you open enough boxes. I calculated the exact amount needed earlier in this thread. Completely gear/paragon-level/whatever independent.

I ran into a gilded baron like everyone said it didn't get me anywhere close to enough (~20M), so I did the bounty route and picked up tons more gear and levels which helped overall. YMMV depending on what you need to farm.

i think I just threw on a gold skin put paragon points into gold find and had boon of the hoarder equipped, I maybe had some random gear with some gold find, the gilded baron dropped 72M.

Ayumi

I'm starting to wanna go back to NS, but all my stuff there is from 2014, so I kinda have to wait for S5 to end. :<

Xanathus

Haven't been playing this since I got sidetracked by Arkham Knight, Life is Strange, and now Binary Domain. At this rate I'll probably stop playing until next season cos without a season journey to progress it doesn't really feel like I'm "achieving" anything.

Top Bottom