• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Wolfie5

I tried to get 50m at ruins of corvus and got it on my second try with my DH :). Would have got it on my first try if I hadn't died, was at 48m when I got killed which sucked.

I had boon of hoarder (lvl 50), max paragon gold find, royal emerald on my helmet, leorics helm in cube, amulet with 80% GF and some more GF on my other gear without sacrificing too much dps. In total I had 8800% GF according to stats.
I had my 6p Marauder set and my pets were helpful picking up gold along the way.
I think I could do it again, didn't feel too hard when you have the right gear.

Only achievement left is to do G45 without set items. Are there any good DH builds to do this? I couldn't find anything on diablofans.com

biaxident

Only achievement left is to do G45 without set items. Are there any good DH builds to do this? I couldn't find anything on diablofans.com

I think gaffers have had success with a multishot build with yangs/dead mans legacy. I was going to try a pet build with garwulf, theo, and enforcer gem once I get time to level the gem up.

Cipherr

When I run a set dungeon do I have to wear all 6 pieces? Or will they let me Cube the grandeur?
KuGsj.gif

Wolfie5

I think gaffers have had success with a multishot build with yangs/dead mans legacy. I was going to try a pet build with garwulf, theo, and enforcer gem once I get time to level the gem up.

Tried this build, but I don't have an anchient Yangs recurve and am therefore not doing enough damage.
I have anchient Dawn, Manticore and some chakram bow. Any builds around these weapons? Or do I need to farm an anchient Yang?

Cipherr

Damn when I first looked at the achievements needed to get the extra stash tab; I was positive I wouldn't bother. But after completing so much of it by accident as I just grew my character, I sat down and powered through GR45 without a set item, finishing a single class set dungeon (Tal Rashas), Killing Diablo in 90 seconds, getting 3 Leg gems to 55 and the collect 50m gold one (Avarice or whatever).

I cheated the 50m gold by opening all the doors in Ruins of Corvus without killing anything and spawning all the little guys and uncovering the map so I could plan a run; then porting to town, coming back with a level 50 boon gem and gold find gear and opening an inventory full of Bounty boxes in the Corvus zone before starting my run. Picking up all the bounty box gold gave me a 30m head start on my streak and I only had to clear half of Corvus to get to 50m. Then went back and looted the rest of the items out of my box.

Love having more stash space, and it does feel rewarding, but I still dont think storage space should be gated.

biaxident

Tried this build, but I don't have an anchient Yangs recurve and am therefore not doing enough damage.
I have anchient Dawn, Manticore and some chakram bow. Any builds around these weapons? Or do I need to farm an anchient Yang?

Manticore with Mage fists and cindercoat for loaded for bear, cluster dmg on shoulders and feet, prides fall or andariels and that might be enough. Haven't tried this myself yet though, been caught up with my hardcore monk, just love monks too much and I don't know why I bother with other classes lol.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Damn when I first looked at the achievements needed to get the extra stash tab; I was positive I wouldn't bother. But after completing so much of it by accident as I just grew my character, I sat down and powered through GR45 without a set item, finishing a single class set dungeon (Tal Rashas), Killing Diablo in 90 seconds, getting 3 Leg gems to 55 and the collect 50m gold one (Avarice or whatever).

I cheated the 50m gold by opening all the doors in Ruins of Corvus without killing anything and spawning all the little guys and uncovering the map so I could plan a run; then porting to town, coming back with a level 50 boon gem and gold find gear and opening an inventory full of Bounty boxes in the Corvus zone before starting my run. Picking up all the bounty box gold gave me a 30m head start on my streak and I only had to clear half of Corvus to get to 50m. Then went back and looted the rest of the items out of my box.

Love having more stash space, and it does feel rewarding, but I still dont think storage space should be gated.

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll try that. I have like 15 boxes stored right now

edit: yep, got it on the first try. i was 5million short just from the corvus run itself and the boxes put me over.

Cipherr

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll try that. I have like 15 boxes stored right now

edit: yep, got it on the first try. i was 5million short just from the corvus run itself and the boxes put me over.

Awesome! Hah, I had tried just doing Corvus before but was always 5m short or something, and I just got tired of it lol. Everyone online said to either do Corvus or Bounty boxes, so I just decided to try combining the two. Much easier.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Awesome! Hah, I had tried just doing Corvus before but was always 5m short or something, and I just got tired of it lol. Everyone online said to either do Corvus or Bounty boxes, so I just decided to try combining the two. Much easier.

yeah i dont know why anyone didn't think of that before lol. i feel dumb for not thinking about it either. thanks!

that means i can finally stop grinding gold finally and start leveling some gems for the despair enchant. i am not getting any ancient drops for my delseres, so its kind of annoying.

Firemind

holy fuck

i got impatient af as i tried to get the gold conquest so i cubed puzzle rings on tx to get a shot at barons. i equipped all the gold find i had lying around which summed up to about 1300%. didn't find a baron with the first puzzle ring, so i got greedy af and tried to kill the king for free legs. oh boy was that a mistake. he hits like a truck. couldn't melee him since his clobbering attack triggers my cheat death passive instantly. it procced like 6 times over the course of 10 minutes. damn i suddenly had flashbacks of the butcher on classic torment. thankfully i made it alive somehow with storm armor dps

let that be a lesson to you hardcore players.

Wolfie5

Manticore with Mage fists and cindercoat for loaded for bear, cluster dmg on shoulders and feet, prides fall or andariels and that might be enough. Haven't tried this myself yet though, been caught up with my hardcore monk, just love monks too much and I don't know why I bother with other classes lol.

Nice tip, thanks. Will try this later, hopefully it works.

Does anyone know if the set dungeon mastery achievement needs to all be done on seasons or non-seasons or can I mix and match? For example if I do 3 classes on seasons and 3 on non-seasons will I still get the wings?

I told myself I wouldn't bother with this but running 85+ GRs lately and everyone dropping the set items they don't want I kind of collected everything for 4 classes already lol

RIPed on my angry chicken WD yesterday because I was distracted by the dog. Angry chicken isn't particularly hard to gear for, but it's still frustrating as hell because I didn't bother saving any spare parts, and because I had spent around 80 hours on the char, and every single piece of gear it had was ancient aside from the hellfire (__4__ ancients out of ~80 crafts, only one usable for my zdps WD, fuck off Blizzard) and the shoulders. Not to mention losing 3 5x gems. I'll probably take a break now. Hopefully I can muster the motivation to pick it back up later, really wanna go for all the set dungeons and get those wings.

Cipherr

Jesus I dont know how you guys can handle hardcore. I would lose my shit. I dont have the mettle for that.

I just realized, can I turn those tons of blue/yellow/white crafting mats into legs and salvage them to boost my forgotten soul count? I need souls pretty bad but have a ton of all other mats including dbs.

Firemind

I just realized, can I turn those tons of blue/yellow/white crafting mats into legs and salvage them to boost my forgotten soul count? I need souls pretty bad but have a ton of all other mats including dbs.
No. The best way is to convert the DBs into legs.

Jesus I dont know how you guys can handle hardcore. I would lose my shit. I dont have the mettle for that.
I played close to a 100 hours this season and if I were to die, it honestly wouldn't be that big of a deal; I have everything in abundance. Except the legendary gems; that's the most annoying part of releveling. You can get powerleveled in half an hour or in two hours with a Gem of Ease.

All I ask for is an honorable death; no dc bullshit.

PS. RIP WD. Seems like they're the most frail class. Already seen/heard a bunch of WDs die this season.

biaxident

Hardcore is way more exciting for me, feeling the rush of proccing cheat death passive on an RG is just awesome. Only similar feeling I had in soft core was seeing the timer on a gr70. Seeing 15 secs left and he's still at 20% was a rush. But yeah the only bad thing about hardcore are dcs. Lost my invoker sader on easy farm to a crash, ugh. But I'm also not bothering with the despair enchants on hardcore unless it's to make a farm build better. Hardcore just makes you play smart, if you start zoning out just log off lol. Can't play like chainer who looks like he's always about to pass out lol.

xenist

I'm so fucking sick and tired of missing that fucking Dungeon Set mastery by a couple of mobs. I'm done with this season until they sort this shit out.

I did my first reforge legendary in the cube last night... and rolled an ancient. \o/

My luck ran out after that and I spent all my mats. Thankfully I've had good luck doing public TX bounties; people usually know how to split effectively so it's quick.

I did my first reforge legendary in the cube last night... and rolled an ancient. \o/

My luck ran out after that and I spent all my mats. Thankfully I've had good luck doing public TX bounties; people usually know how to split effectively so it's quick.

nice. i need to do some rerolls for a pair of ancient ancient parthon's. I have yet to find a pair worth a damn after damn near 900 solo paragon levels. oh and probably for a better source too.

Cipherr

Jesus. I have been rerolling a spare woh for ancient for ages and never getting it. About 30 tries so far before I ran out of everything. Meanwhile I have like 6 ram gifts. Ugh

Jesus. I have been rerolling a spare woh for ancient for ages and never getting it. About 30 tries so far before I ran out of everything. Meanwhile I have like 6 ram gifts. Ugh

30! holy shit. I've rolled maybe 3 or 4 different legs to ancient and they never took more than 6 or 7 rolls for me. fortunately.

speaking of, gonna roll a Woah and a Parthon I think.

No more luck rerolling for me. :(

I really need to make my Belt of Transcendence ancient. The LoN Firebats build really depends on it. Oh well, keep on rollin...

Cipherr

Had my first heartbreak with a GR's map design. Finally switched from FireFlash to DMO Twister and was looking to match my high in the FF set with a GR60 clear.

I have the dps, I have the survivability, I just dont have the "Shrines spawn a champ" bracers on or cubed like I do in my FF build. So I ran into my first occurence of a map literally fucking me out of a GR stone because I ran out of 'time' before being able to kill/find enough champ packs.

Walking an empty map trying to find the fucking next floor while my time just ticks ticks ticks away. Un fucking believable.

Infuriating. No less than 6 to 7 dead ends or loops. I never .... found.... the next floor. I burned a shit storm of time just backtracking and wandering until it was too late.

Edit: Cubed the bracers that spawn champs at shrines and slept walk through it. Those are underrated in GRifts man. Not having to really fight the clock is a humongous benefit.

Im also a bit miffed at how ridiculously easy matching my previous high was with the DMO set and a Twister sword. I worked hard collecting those ancient pieces for my Fireflash set, but it appears to just have a much lower 'ceiling' in terms of high GRifts than this dmo set. I just slapped the dmo on and instantly I'm doing GR65s in pub games like its nothing. Never coming close to dying and putting out preposterous dps. Fireflash is still leagues faster for speedfarming TX normal rifts and Bounties so I guess thats the trade off.

Razakin

Walking an empty map trying to find the fucking next floor while my time just ticks ticks ticks away. Un fucking believable.

Infuriating. No less than 6 to 7 dead ends or loops. I never .... found.... the next floor. I burned a shit storm of time just backtracking and wandering until it was too late.

Prolly an idiotic question, but did you check that loop at north-west corner? Pretty sure it would have led to second floor. But yes, really do hate Act V Westmarch and those Plague Tunnels maps on rifts, and perhaps even those Caverns maps from same act.

And game just hates me, seems that getting Invokers set for HC Crusader will take ages, game likes to drop other sets for me.

Baliis

Im also a bit miffed at how ridiculously easy matching my previous high was with the DMO set and a Twister sword. I worked hard collecting those ancient pieces for my Fireflash set, but it appears to just have a much lower 'ceiling' in terms of high GRifts than this dmo set. I just slapped the dmo on and instantly I'm doing GR65s in pub games like its nothing. Never coming close to dying and putting out preposterous dps. Fireflash is still leagues faster for speedfarming TX normal rifts and Bounties so I guess thats the trade off.

Well yea, anything that relies on in-geom is going to fall apart as soon as you can't have close to 100% up time on it. Unless you're eek and go crazy with trying to push the build anyways.

Have you tried DMO with arcane orbit at all? It's not as strong on the high end as twister, but it's even more brain dead simple to play.

Firemind

Well yea, anything that relies on in-geom is going to fall apart as soon as you can't have close to 100% up time on it. Unless you're eek and go crazy with trying to push the build anyways.

Have you tried DMO with arcane orbit at all? It's not as strong on the high end as twister, but it's even more brain dead simple to play.
I kind of hate Arcane Orbit because of the AO+Dynamo+EB dynamic. I can't be arsed to remember to EB every 6 seconds so I just numlock it, meaning sometimes it takes the Dynamo stacks. Orb of Infinite Depth is so good though! That's the only downside of Energy Twister. That and Twisters having zero proc rates if generated through Etched Sigil unless they merge because that works for some reason.

I kind of hate Arcane Orbit because of the AO+Dynamo+EB dynamic. I can't be arsed to remember to EB every 6 seconds so I just numlock it, meaning sometimes it takes the Dynamo stacks. Orb of Infinite Depth is so good though! That's the only downside of Energy Twister. That and Twisters having zero proc rates if generated through Etched Sigil unless they merge because that works for some reason.

I like Arcane Orbit. I hit my GR goal with it (cleared GR80) so I'm retiring it and will try to do the same with the Aether + Twisted combo. Definitely feels more fragile but it's so much easier to draw and retain aggro as you progress. You can also deal a fuck ton of damage to enemy RGs by building up a concentration of tornadoes on a corner and getting the RG to stand in it. RG kills that take 2 minutes for Arcane Orbit take 40-60 seconds for the tornado build. Also, you can actually kill RGs like Ghom and the tentacle-in-the-ground dude. Both of which are effectively auto-fails for Arcane Orbit.

I don't care about anything beyond 80, as that was my goal. After I clear it with the tornado build, I'll be moving over to my Barb or DH or something. Pretty sure I could clear 81 - 83 with my current AO equipment and levels (set the GAF record at the time and did it in the first GR80 try...and it wasn't even a good rift; 0 pylons), but it just doesn't interest me.

Cipherr

Prolly an idiotic question, but did you check that loop at north-west corner? Pretty sure it would have led to second floor. But yes, really do hate Act V Westmarch and those Plague Tunnels maps on rifts, and perhaps even those Caverns maps from same act.

And game just hates me, seems that getting Invokers set for HC Crusader will take ages, game likes to drop other sets for me.

Im pretty sure you are right. After I took that screenshot with my time running out I just ported to town and logged out though lol. I was so mad that the one area I was sure was a loop was proooooobably the link to the next floor.

Baliis said:

Nah haven't tried that yet. It feels like this twister build will be good for solo rifts and it definitely seems to do well in group pub GRift games. So I just cleared some stash space and now have two sets of gear. I was hoping for some sort of one size fits all build, but I no longer think thats reasonable.

Firemind

Nah haven't tried that yet. It feels like this twister build will be good for solo rifts and it definitely seems to do well in group pub GRift games. So I just cleared some stash space and now have two sets of gear. I was hoping for some sort of one size fits all build, but I no longer think thats reasonable.
DMO is slow as hell on T10 so you're right about that.

The only difference between solo and group Energy Twister is that in a party, you cast your Twisters, which becomes insane with 100+ Area Damage. Solo you use Disintegrate/Arcane Torrent and Etched Sigil which can't proc Area Damage.

Cipherr

DMO is slow as hell on T10 so you're right about that.

The only difference between solo and group Energy Twister is that in a party, you cast your Twisters, which becomes insane with 100+ Area Damage. Solo you use Disintegrate/Arcane Torrent and Etched Sigil which can't proc Area Damage.

I have been weaving the manual casts of Twister with the procs from channeling Arcane Torrent. So you mean half of my Twisters are proccing all that area damage I have?
56cFgIu.png
But if I cannot channel ArcTorrent to proce the ArcPoweronCrit how do I spam Twisters without going OOP? Should I even be using the Sigil in group games?

Firemind

I have been weaving the manual casts of Twister with the procs from channeling Arcane Torrent. So you mean half of my Twisters are proccing all that area damage I have?
56cFgIu.png
But if I cannot channel ArcTorrent to proce the ArcPoweronCrit how do I spam Twisters without going OOP? Should I even be using the Sigil in group games?
You need other people to be your bitch by collecting globes. It's why Solanium is BiS for some support builds.

Sigil is useless in groups because you won't have Torrent/Disintegrate at all. You use Explosion Blast instead because Orb of Infinite Depth is OP.

Cipherr

You need other people to be your bitch by collecting globes. It's why Solanium is BiS for some support builds.

Sigil is useless in groups because you won't have Torrent/Disintegrate at all. You use Explosion Blast instead because Orb of Infinite Depth is OP.

Ooookay, that explains the 'get over here!' barb running around picking up the health globe during the run. I appreciated him grouping stuff but I didn't realize the erratic collection of health globes was for my benefit. I dont have the passive that restores AP on globe collection nor the Malthael Recipe wrists cubed so I wasn't getting any benefit from all that running around he did.

Firemind

Ooookay, that explains the 'get over here!' barb running around picking up the health globe during the run. I appreciated him grouping stuff but I didn't realize the erratic collection of health globes was for my benefit. I dont have the passive that restores AP on globe collection nor the Malthael Recipe wrists cubed so I wasn't getting any benefit from all that running around he did.
Reaper Wraps is BiS for group play so kill Malthael and get on the gravy train!

fyi: the build calls for just one offensive skill. no disintegrate. no arcane torrent. just tornado. it is the responsibility of everyone else in the group to keep you upright and topped off with arcane power thanks to the globe procs.

It feels like forever waiting to hear the next stuff they have since they've officially shortened the seasons. Atleast we know from a blue post that Firebirds could possibly be fixed and is looked at for next season lol?

Baliis

It feels like forever waiting to hear the next stuff they have since they've officially shortened the seasons. Atleast we know from a blue post that Firebirds could possibly be fixed and is looked at for next season lol?

The fix makes the set worse though lol. Should just remove the one elite limit and roll with it.

XShagrath

Heads up since some people here might be interested - Grim Dawn is finally out of early access - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1190240
It's another loot ARPG from some of the Titan Quest team. Leans more toward the Diablo 2 side. It seems like people are pretty happy with the itemization and build variety.

I picked it up during the Steam winter sale, but ultimately asked for a refund. As you said, it's closer to D2, which is a little bit too slow-paced for what I'm leaning towards now. I was hoping to play a more story/quest-based D3, but I guess that doesn't exist (or at least I don't know about it).

Ugghhh... nothing worse than doing split bounties and having one dumbass finish the wrong act. Happened several times last night and now I have uneven amounts of mats.

srBYdhp.gif

it's driving me nuts

*Edit: But on the bright side, I finally rerolled my Belt of Transcendence into an ancient! Now I can spam Big Bad Voodoo all day long.

Top Bottom