• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Cipherr

Wait for the remaster IMO. They started hiring for it like what, last year? They are clearly going to relaunch it. Im not replaying it until then.

biaxident

Phew did my gr45 no set on first try using a pet dh build. Taskers/ancient garwulf, ancient calamity and enforcer gem were the main unique pieces. Popped the RG at 1 min left but once 5 sentries are out the single target dmg brought him down easy. That completes the journey, first time i've completed it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait for the remaster IMO. They started hiring for it like what, last year? They are clearly going to relaunch it. Im not replaying it until then.

eh... I wouldn't hold my breath.

joesmokey

It's happening...
nlwT42e.png

Cipherr

I thought about opening up the game so people can join. On the console side I know they can ruin your game with mods, is that also possible on PC?

Nope. That's the best part of the PC version. No hacked items or any crap like super edited XP items giving folks in pub games 15 paragon levels a second or some crap lol. Its suuuuuuuuuch a humongously better environment.

Cipherr

Cleared GR65 yesterday on my DMO mage. Its wild how different things get as you push higher. Not only do the map tiles matter quite a bit, but now I'm starting to figure which mob types are good/bad for me and learning when to cut and run from an area because the density/positioning is trash knowing that killing those mobs wont be worth the progression timewise.

I also went from hating the spider cavern map tile to loving it. The density is stupid, the pathways widing and narrow and I can kite so easily because of all the chokes, its great.

Cleared GR65 yesterday on my DMO mage. Its wild how different things get as you push higher. Not only do the map tiles matter quite a bit, but now I'm starting to figure which mob types are good/bad for me and learning when to cut and run from an area because the density/positioning is trash knowing that killing those mobs wont be worth the progression timewise.

I also went from hating the spider cavern map tile to loving it. The density is stupid, the pathways widing and narrow and I can kite so easily because of all the chokes, its great.

Link your gear?

Wolfie5

Finally get an In Geom for my Monk..no socket and rolled Strength. Thanks Blizzard !!!!

Use gift first(if you have one) and re-roll strength to dex, problem solved. Only gift it if the In Geom is a good anchient roll or if you have lots of gifts to spare.

robochimp

This season really pulled me back in. I had just planned on getting the stash tab, but I just hit GR70 with my demon hunter and now I'm thinking about just finishing the guardian journey.

What have you guys been doing as your 3rd conquest?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think im finally winding down this season. i just leveled all of my spare legendary gems to minimum of lvl 30 and i still have like another 20 or so levels to go before bothering to use any for the despair enchant.

i'm finally getting some ancient gear for the DMO set but hands and feet are not even getting rolled through kadala, let alone ancient versions. the ancient triumvirate i got is worse than my normal one, unfortunately. I might just go back to my older one until i get a better one rolled. the normal has 197% on the leg affix vs. the 165%.

not sure how far i'm really trying to get before i quit. i got an ancient twister sword so i can try out the energy twister DMO once i tap out on arcane orbit

Cipherr

Link your gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cipherr-1757/hero/72081260

i think im finally winding down this season. i just leveled all of my spare legendary gems to minimum of lvl 30 and i still have like another 20 or so levels to go before bothering to use any for the despair enchant.

i'm finally getting some ancient gear for the DMO set but hands and feet are not even getting rolled through kadala, let alone ancient versions. the ancient triumvirate i got is worse than my normal one, unfortunately. I might just go back to my older one until i get a better one rolled. the normal has 197% on the leg affix vs. the 165%.

not sure how far i'm really trying to get before i quit. i got an ancient twister sword so i can try out the energy twister DMO once i tap out on arcane orbit

Yeah I'm probably nearing my end for this season too. I think I want to clear GR70 solo. So I'm still hunting for Ancients and whatnot. But once I have done that, I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to level a class to 70 on HC and try to finish one more conquest, if I do those three things I finish the final remaining achievements for this season. I may not bother since I have the stash tab; but Ill decide later.

Baliis

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cipherr-1757/hero/72081260

Yeah I'm probably nearing my end for this season too. I think I want to clear GR70 solo. So I'm still hunting for Ancients and whatnot. But once I have done that, I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to level a class to 70 on HC and try to finish one more conquest, if I do those three things I finish the final remaining achievements for this season. I may not bother since I have the stash tab; but Ill decide later.

Hit me up one night and I can get you to 70 in HC in like 15 mins if you want. I'm around most nights, just haven't been on Diablo 3 much since Fire Emblem came out. Baliis#1538 if you wanna add me

Actually, i think you're already on my friends list lol.

Razakin

Kinda bored of season 5 now.. ; ~ ;
Start playing HC and keep losing your char because you're an idiot is one way to keep this season fresh. Two crusaders gone to arcane sentries already, one even with full invoker set (minus the damn belt that I didn't manage to loot).

I think Blizz is trying to stop me getting Avarice on HC with TX bounties.

Haven't played during Season 5 yet and probably won't start. I'll likely just play with my non-season character here and there....

But I'm wondering. I haven't played since season 4 and am wondering how the new Demon Hunter builds play out. Have they evened out the Marauders\Nats\UE sets? Are there other builds that cropped up that are worth playing now? There are a lot of new item changes and I can't begin to think of all the potential combinations right now.

EDIT: Holy crap, people are up to GR80+ now? Yikes. They must have introduced a ton of power lately. I just can't keep up with this game anymore :(

Baliis

Haven't played during Season 5 yet and probably won't start. I'll likely just play with my non-season character here and there....

But I'm wondering. I haven't played since season 4 and am wondering how the new Demon Hunter builds play out. Have they evened out the MaraudersNatsUE sets? Are there other builds that cropped up that are worth playing now? There are a lot of new item changes and I can't begin to think of all the potential combinations right now.

EDIT: Holy crap, people are up to GR80+ now? Yikes. They must have introduced a ton of power lately. I just can't keep up with this game anymore :(

The top end people are 90+ now. 4 man groups are breaking 100 already.

biaxident

But I'm wondering. I haven't played since season 4 and am wondering how the new Demon Hunter builds play out. Have they evened out the Marauders\Nats\UE sets? Are there other builds that cropped up that are worth playing now? There are a lot of new item changes and I can't begin to think of all the potential combinations right now.

Marauders is very strong, UE is great for farming, and the new shadows mantle set is a very drastic different playstyle that makes single target damage bonkers (1 shot RGs). I just like how they keep adding support legendaries to make more combinations of builds, keep em coming blizz. Butt load of builds can farm TX, but for pushing GRs usually boils down to a build or 2 generally.

I'm basically done with the season once I completed the journey but having a lot of fun with hardcore. If you're bored, play hardcore. Dying isn't a massive deal unless you lose 3 level 70 gems and the despair enchants. It just forces you to change builds for a bit which is fun.

Season 6 info should start coming out in the next 2 weeks I presume, 3 month season and all. I want more builds that are possible with no sets. I had a lot of fun doing the GR45 with no sets, good ole tasker and theo with 3 wolves and sentries.

Cipherr

do you have an aether walker with similar damage stats? you'd be much better served with either an aether in hand an the twisted sword in your cube or visa versa. oh and forget the convention; unity will get you farther. unless you don't have enough for the pair.

Ill work towards this. I dont have an aether walker. I have one but its terrible and non ancient. I had thought about Unity but worried about the loss of conventions damage increase. I do however have a great unity with 15 elite damage on it. So I might be able to make that work if I can get an ancient Aether

Ill work towards this. I dont have an aether walker. I have one but its terrible and non ancient. I had thought about Unity but worried about the loss of conventions damage increase. I do however have a great unity with 15 elite damage on it. So I might be able to make that work if I can get an ancient Aether

actually if you have an aether cubed or have an extra aether that you can cube, just do that and keep using your Twisted Sword. Check out the leaderboards. That's the build everyone is using because it allows you to be highly mobile. In higher GRs it really is all about aggro and pulling enemies with you. but yea, just something else for the list. you definitely have multiple pieces that can improve your GR performance. Best of luck on the hunt!

Cipherr

I had a lot of fun doing the GR45 with no sets, good ole tasker and theo with 3 wolves and sentries.

That one was so hard for me lol. I had a bunch of trash legs and I was just trying to salvage something, ANYTHING that could kill stuff. It was humbling having that sort of difficulty in a gr45 since I absolutely stomp that tier in my set gear hahaha. It gives you a really good look at how powerful sets can be.

biaxident

That one was so hard for me lol. I had a bunch of trash legs and I was just trying to salvage something, ANYTHING that could kill stuff. It was humbling having that sort of difficulty in a gr45 since I absolutely stomp that tier in my set gear hahaha. It gives you a really good look at how powerful sets can be.

Oh yea for sure, but to me the sets are kind of lazily powerful, where they just slap a massive % modifier on whatever skills the set effects. Its like here you go use ability x, y, or z, they now deal 10000% increased dmg. I like how they changed the invoker set, its different. I hope they bring unique flavor to sets so its not just "wave of light deals 1500% bonus dmg". I like how marauder is about pets and sentries, but then they make your cluster arrow deal what like 3000% bonus dmg when full sentries out. I guess they're just dealing with the power creep, but show me some more fun ways to go about it, get on it blizz lol.

I feel like I burn out on the game fast every season, I don't give a shit about grinding GRs for the longest time, once I'm past an objective I set gave myself at the beginning I lose all will to play the game longer

Baliis

I feel like I burn out on the game fast every season, I don't give a shit about grinding GRs for the longest time, once I'm past an objective I set gave myself at the beginning I lose all will to play the game longer

Should set your objectives higher then. My goal for this season was originally 70 in SC, 60 in HC, and I'm well past that now, almost at 70 in HC.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
My goal was all conquests and GR70, did that in like a week and a half and then lost all interest, currently waiting for next patch

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did and do every season. Only difference is I didn't finish Guardian. Fuck the 3rd conquest. I'll be back for the next patch.

Plus I got Street Fighter V recently and just received an Overwatch Closed Beta invite yesterday :D.

Good bye for now, Diablo 3. And as ever, good bye, real world!

ZaF0sLT.png

Cipherr

My goal was all conquests and GR70, did that in like a week and a half and then lost all interest, currently waiting for next patch

You completed the entire season journey including the required 3 conquests and GR70 in a week and a half?

That's just fucking impressive. I dont even care, like damn.

Top Bottom