• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

biaxident

Lots of big buffs in that patch. Changes from additive to multiplicative are going to be really big in some builds.

Very nice

Yeah even depth diggers to multiplicative is cool, good stuff. Miranae to 3 secs is cool too, I always liked the way the smite looked.

Dahbomb

That power creep is real next patch too.

I wonder if there are some bigger changes planned for the next season because that looks a bit weak sauce at the moment. Just bigger numbers on existing stuff.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Vyr's set making a comeback in the next patch?

Archon While in Archon form, your normal abilities are replaced by powerful Archon abilities, your damage is increased by 300% (up from 20%), and your Armor and resistances are increased by 150% (up from 20%)

All the dmg buffs is so crazy, why?

Also while they're buffing them and increasing defense, even go further with this...

The amount of incoming damage in Greater Rift 70 and above has been reduced
The amount of Experience granted in Greater Rift 70 and above has been reduced

Huge buffs there as well with the stacks getting a 50% increase in the set bonus as well.

You see this shit right here? THIS is why I laugh when people are like, "oh you have plenty of stash room!" and proceed to delete good gear that may simply not have a use for immediately. Now I look at my full collection of ancient Vyrs equipment and smile. But only just so, because those players would have kept theirs too if not for the lack of stash space.

All the dmg buffs is so crazy, why?

To make more sets viable past GR80. For whatever reason. It's weird how irrelevant they're making large parts of the game by adding so much power to these sets. Want to fix a balance issue? Just add another ZERO guys! Might be time to start really looking at Path of Exile. D3 is on the silly train and doesn't feel like it has any real nuance or complexity to the direction anymore. Maybe it never did. At this point D3 endgame seems like it will never be more than 1-3 "optimal" builds for each class, with everyone running the exact same shit. Ironic considering we've been begging for true endgame item diversity for 3 or 4 years now. Instead we just get a broken set or two that everyone who cares enough to play for hundreds of hours farms.

Feels like only LoN can save us. But not really even then.

Baliis

To make more sets viable past GR80. For whatever reason. It's weird how irrelevant they're making large parts of the game by adding so much power to these sets. Want to fix a balance issue? Just add another ZERO guys! Might be time to start really looking at Path of Exile. D3 is on the silly train and doesn't feel like it has any real nuance or complexity to the direction anymore. Maybe it never did. At this point D3 endgame seems like it will never be more than 1-3 "optimal" builds for each class, with everyone running the exact same shit. Ironic considering we've been begging for true endgame item diversity for 3 or 4 years now. Instead we just get a broken set or two that everyone who cares enough to play for hundreds of hours farms.

More so, it's because they're nerfing the strongest build this patch (Twister wiz) into the ground, but they need to keep the power level roughly the same/higher. No one wants to do GR100 (4man) in S5, then only be able to do GR 95 in S6! They want to do GR105!.

Cipherr

Still got my Vyrs set I put together to do the GR55 along with the ancient Chantodos combo too
lcfpG1M.png

Lots of the Vyrs (about half) are also ancient pieces. While leveling I basically always kept one piece of every set for my class just in case. Swapping and melting one when I got a better version. So I have mostly ancient pieces of all of them. Gonna go test it on the test server.

Sucked on live, I hated playing it. But with those insane ass buffs... Jesus.

You see this shit right here? THIS is why I laugh when people are like, "oh you have plenty of stash room!" and proceed to delete good gear that may simply not have a use for immediately. Now I look at my full collection of ancient Vyrs equipment and smile. But only just so, because those players would have kept theirs too if not for the lack of stash space.

That was at the beginning though, its been forever since I tried it again. That was before its first expansion and everything.

Is PoE better at the end game in terms of diversity? I remember it having a million more options build wise, and it was a sort of "Stretch your feet out" feeling in comparison to the cramped limited builds of D3, but I still disliked the gameplay and aesthetics. It also felt like I was being railroaded into a strong dps rune linked with a multi attack gem (I forget its exact name). So in the end I felt just as restricted as D3 but with more flavor when it came to the skill tree itself.

biaxident

I've really wanted to try and get into PoE, but the combat of diablo is just so frekin satisfying and the aesthetics just blow PoE away. But this "lazy" power creep is getting kind of ridiculous, lets just double everything (granted this is ptr, half the changes wont make it live) is such a dumb way to do things. LoN is cool cause you just do what you want, but getting 15 ancients of whatever setup you need takes time.

Leviathan is testing new rolands on stream, shield glare hits like a rofl truck so far. edit (eh super squishy)

Is PoE better at the end game in terms of diversity? I remember it having a million more options build wise, and it was a sort of "Stretch your feet out" feeling in comparison to the cramped limited builds of D3, but I still disliked the gameplay and aesthetics. It also felt like I was being railroaded into a strong dps rune linked with a multi attack gem (I forget its exact name). So in the end I felt just as restricted as D3 but with more flavor when it came to the skill tree itself.

I actually have no idea what I'm doing in PoE. I just installed it last week and am trying to figure my way around. One of my friends who is quite good has been trying to show me around but my retention level isn't that high. There are some fundamental differences I have yet to absorb or understand how they work. What I can say is that PoE really seems like a Build-A-Bear. You really can make up builds and they work if you put the right combination of abilities and gems together. IDK. We'll see if I remain interested in PoE long enough for it to click. So many time sink games to play already. D3, Dota, LoL, Division, etc etc etc. Never mind work/life.

Sigh.

What do I have to do to get The Witching Hour... *sigh*

It's still a very rare belt. I think I've only gotten 3 or 4 of them to drop this season and I'm almost to 900 para (time invested has dropped dramatically in the last 2 weeks after clearing my goal of GR80) and none were ancient. I'd recommend that you just keep gambling for belts and doing 60+ GR's as fast as possible. Both are really good ways to get a lot of legs/hour. One is bound to drop sooner or later.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played in awhile and I love the little UI improvements, the cooldown bars are great. I really enjoyed the new area as well, it was very atmospheric but I'm sad we didn't get to fight that big water monster thing! BTW, what are the orange crits?

Baliis

Haven't played in awhile and I love the little UI improvements, the cooldown bars are great. I really enjoyed the new area as well, it was very atmospheric but I'm sad we didn't get to fight that big water monster thing! BTW, what are the orange crits?

Its basically your highest recent hit. Of you look up their blog post on combat numbers, they explain a bit more how it works.

biaxident

I played around some with the new Rainment set, not really sure how the 300% bonus to generators really feels right now. Fleshrake makes you spam dashing strike till out of spirit about, then generate it back up. The burst is crazy with fleshrake and a convention proc. But the generator portion is quite underwhelming so far. Granted my gear blows, didn't main monk since last season and it was ulianias. Gotta keep fiddling, might try to swing in depth diggers and see if that helps.

Irobot82

It's still a very rare belt. I think I've only gotten 3 or 4 of them to drop this season and I'm almost to 900 para (time invested has dropped dramatically in the last 2 weeks after clearing my goal of GR80) and none were ancient. I'd recommend that you just keep gambling for belts and doing 60+ GR's as fast as possible. Both are really good ways to get a lot of legs/hour. One is bound to drop sooner or later.

Well it's good to know they actually exist!

PoE is a theory crafters wet dream. The actual playing of the game D3 does better.

Yeah I wasn't fond of the gameplay, although there's a lot of different builds
Class doesn't matter too much too, which imo isn't a good point
I feel the late game grinding is too tedious, I think I got to level 70 and got kinda bored. The map HUD sucks (think D2 map), and the environments lack diversity imo, especially considering the last two acts are a bit boring

It's a fun game but I couldn't keep playing it after a point

Insaniac

I was playing with my friend yesterday, and he dropped a Big Bad Voodoo. Does it not show the BBV buff anymore? I had a real difficult time figuring out if I was within its AOE due to all the other effects on screen

Also, having not played in a while: how do greater rifts work now? I see you can select the level Grift now, but you can only do one difficulty at a time now, and not progress?

Cipherr

My raggedy assed DH on PTR cleared GR72 without even breaking a sweat. No Caldesanns despair on any pieces. Just cleaving through the place with the Chakram/sentry melee weapon build. The only thing is the dps is enough, but needs to be higher, but I suppose actually getting some decently statted ancients and whatnot will fix that right up.

I wonder if it will go live like that. Its pretty wild. GR70 on PTR feels like GR55 on live because of all the buffs. And TX normal rift farming just got THAT much faster when its already super fast on live as is.

PoE is a theory crafters wet dream. The actual playing of the game D3 does better.

Yeah I remember my short time with it, I would stop playing and open the calculator and just fool around for like an hour a day. Its skill tree and all the paths you could take plus SO many skill gems. Crazy....

I just didnt like the gameplay. I wish I did though.

Ayumi

Really wanna push higher than 60, but I just can't do it. So I feel really shitty. lol
Note from my Paragon levels that I don't have much time to play either.. not sure how far I can get with less than 500 since the points matter.

I don't have many ancients, and still no Unstable Scepter.
Wish I had at least Unity to help me out, but no.

Looking for suggestions, I'm kinda stuck until something new drops.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/71681110
(My belt is temporary, btw, I have some ideal ones but they're not as good at keeping me alive.)

I could probably update my Follower's stuff, but I haven't really paid attention to him for a while.

Thanks in advance~

LoN doesn't work until we get better orange Legendaries in the game. A lot of armor slots lack good Legendaries like gloves, chests, pants, boots and shoulders.

very true. I figure when Blizzard tires of making OP sets, they'll give us enough OP oranges to allow for real creativity to return.

Baliis

Really wanna push higher than 60, but I just can't do it. So I feel really shitty. lol
Note from my Paragon levels that I don't have much time to play either.. not sure how far I can get with less than 500 since the points matter.

I don't have many ancients, and still no Unstable Scepter.
Wish I had at least Unity to help me out, but no.

Looking for suggestions, I'm kinda stuck until something new drops.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/71681110
(My belt is temporary, btw, I have some ideal ones but they're not as good at keeping me alive.)

I could probably update my Follower's stuff, but I haven't really paid attention to him for a while.

Thanks in advance~

Might try using Ancient Parthan Defenders + Ranslors Folly over Reapers + Mantle? Group the mobs up, then the damage reduction from when you freeze them.

Afaik, isn't APD pretty much mandatory for wiz? You aren't generating many globes solo anyways, unless you're wearing group gear?

I played a bit of GR70 UE and it feels slightly above TX. The power creep is nuts. Steady aim multiplicative as well as some of the gems like bane of the powerful increasing and decreasing dmg from elites. Non ancient yang's recurve. After that I just didn't feel like going forward because I Was looking at boards and Vyrs wizards are destroying the ladders on PTR and chakram DHs are behind at a decent gap still lol.

Right now,

Barb 87 (LoN Frenzy)
Cru 92 (LoN bombard)
DH 93 (Chakram Marauder)
Monk 88 (Ulianas)
WD 88 (Helltooth)
Wiz 101 (Duh)

Ayumi

Might try using Ancient Parthan Defenders + Ranslors Folly over Reapers + Mantle? Group the mobs up, then the damage reduction from when you freeze them.

Afaik, isn't APD pretty much mandatory for wiz? You aren't generating many globes solo anyways, unless you're wearing group gear?

Perhaps, I do have them both stashed (since I know they're kinda essential). I just feel like I needed Reaper's instead for better survival since I don't output damage fast enough.

Will give it a try tonight and see how it goes, thank you. :3

Cipherr

I played a bit of GR70 UE and it feels slightly above TX. The power creep is nuts. Steady aim multiplicative as well as some of the gems like bane of the powerful increasing and decreasing dmg from elites. Non ancient yang's recurve. After that I just didn't feel like going forward because I Was looking at boards and Vyrs wizards are destroying the ladders on PTR and chakram DHs are behind at a decent gap still lol.

Right now,

Barb 87 (LoN Frenzy)
Cru 92 (LoN bombard)
DH 93 (Chakram Marauder)
Monk 88 (Ulianas)
WD 88 (Helltooth)
Wiz 101 (Duh)

LOL yeah its crazy man. I did 72 but I cant select a higher GR for some reason, I dont really know why. Is the GR cap linked to your Paragon or something?

Ayumi

LOL yeah its crazy man. I did 72 but I cant select a higher GR for some reason, I dont really know why. Is the GR cap linked to your Paragon or something?

It should be based on the highest GR you've done so far. So if your highest is 72, you gotta do it again to get to 73.
But it's a lot faster to unlock if you can do it in groups.

If you completed a GR 72 before the timer ran out, you should be able to select up to level 73 now. If you look through your records under your profile it'll list the highest GR you completed within the time limit. If you cleared a 72 in time and can't select a 73, I'd submit a ticket.

Cipherr

It should be based on the highest GR you've done so far. So if your highest is 72, you gotta do it again to get to 73.
But it's a lot faster to unlock if you can do it in groups.

Ohh so its counting groups, that makes sense. I had forgotten about group games I joined where we did higher GR's. On PTR where I was able to clear 72 I can see that 73 is open now.

eek5

Ohh so its counting groups, that makes sense. I had forgotten about group games I joined where we did higher GR's. On PTR where I was able to clear 72 I can see that 73 is open now.

It's based on time too. If you clear fast you'll unlock multiple levels and if you clear slow you'll just unlock the next one.

joesmokey

Think I've hit my limit this season.

I still have to grind out augments for my GR set as I used up everything for my farm set first. I think I've reached the breaking point though.

Sick of bouncing back and forth between farming regular rifts for keys and farming GRs as fast as possible.

This game is the definition of making you do things you hate in order to do things you actually want to do. I've actually entirely avoided bounties this season outside of essential items because of this.

Not sure I'll be around for Season 5, especially if it's another Vyr's season. Wizard already hitting GR101...

Cipherr

Think I've hit my limit this season.

I still have to grind out augments for my GR set as I used up everything for my farm set first. I think I've reached the breaking point though.

Sick of bouncing back and forth between farming regular rifts for keys and farming GRs as fast as possible.

This game is the definition of making you do things you hate in order to do things you actually want to do. I've actually entirely avoided bounties this season outside of essential items because of this.

Not sure I'll be around for Season 5, especially if it's another Vyr's season. Wizard already hitting GR101...

They need a little something more for the end game. I dont see how it can in its current state sustain 3 month seasons. I had been away from the game for over a year and jumped into this season at the end of Jan, and now I'm pretty burned out on it too. Only took a month and a half.

I enjoyed the hell out of it though. I could see myself playing a different 2 classes next season, but for people that played past seasons I could see this getting old fast.

Ayumi

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, I just figured some of you might be interested in this.

http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742864181

Developer
It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II.

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

joesmokey

They need a little something more for the end game. I dont see how it can in its current state sustain 3 month seasons. I had been away from the game for over a year and jumped into this season at the end of Jan, and now I'm pretty burned out on it too. Only took a month and a half.

I enjoyed the hell out of it though. I could see myself playing a different 2 classes next season, but for people that played past seasons I could see this getting old fast.
Yeah, I think the main problem now is with the way balancing works each season. Once you go through the rotation of each class set once, you don't have much inclination of repeating it again.

biaxident

As said earlier, they really need to buff regular legs to make LoN viable for a much larger variety of builds. I'd even like some Legendary that has its power as "Increase weapon proc effect damage by ?%" (actually might be a cool leg gem, second effect life on hit or something?). I loved the days when thunderfury and shard of hate tore it up, but that was like t4 back at early ROS release. Shard of hate doing 230% dmg is sad, but it's not good design just to buff the number but that's all they're doing. Even make it deal say 200% dmg, then increase next damage of that element by 200% and that stacks or something. Just want interesting effects that are fun. And also my quest for sweeping wind cyclones to be viable lol.

And also, it is so infuriating playing inna's on hardcore, that hp bug is so ridiculous, they can't hotfix that?. My hp drops to 60% at every loading screen, clicking pylons, picking up a yellow. Scary stuff on hardcore but I lost my sunwoko set so I gotta roll with it.

Firemind

And also, it is so infuriating playing inna's on hardcore, that hp bug is so ridiculous, they can't hotfix that?. My hp drops to 60% at every loading screen, clicking pylons, picking up a yellow. Scary stuff on hardcore but I lost my sunwoko set so I gotta roll with it.
Other classes need a handicap to be able to compete with Monks.
Kappa

Kiru

What's in your opinion the easiest conquest after Avarice in SC & GR45 without Set Items in SC. I want to finish this damn season journey like I did last season so I can be done with it, lol.

Top Bottom